What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oathbound Paladin & Devoted Cleric changes

Comments

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

grimah said:

If this decides to go live, atleast make circle of power work for everyone in it. that would solve alot of issues. The +30% damage and 25% DR along with aura of courage, flash of light would keep them competitive.

Hmm yes, but it still seems to be a bit useless. Why? Range players and melee DPS have to stay in same spot as OP - facetank boss like Orcus? Or facetank SH dragon? Ofc pally can cast it for them and just turn boss aggro to another side. But then he losing one encounter and not get profit from it against high damage dealers like Orcus. 2 encounters is not enough to cast shield of faith (which is HAMSTER, 30% damage reduction daily vs 50% from kv, perma encounter).
    1. op can proc soulforge in shield of faith
    op doesnt share damage with shield of faith with teamates he just shield everyone with -30% reduction for 12 secs( after the nerf that time)
    3. kv is not permanent disables from cc.
    4. kv is sharing damage 50/50 if member kill gf soulforge will not proc is dangerous your forget that.
    5. if gf dies or do a soulforge pt loses kv ! the opposite happens when op has divine protector it stays until expires.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2016

1. op can proc soulforge in shield of faith
    op doesnt share damage with shield of faith with teamates he just shield everyone with -30% reduction for 12 secs( after the nerf that time)
    3. kv is not permanent disables from cc.
    4. kv is sharing damage 50/50 if member kill gf soulforge will not proc is dangerous your forget that.
    5. if gf dies or do a soulforge pt loses kv ! the opposite happens when op has divine protector it stays until expires.

I know how kv works. "Perma" means i can activate it once and it protect my mates till end of dungeon. How many times someone cc GF? Once? Twice per dungeon maybe. With DC tactician can cast villain's after villain's, sometimes pop FR, if needed.
    First of all, shield is DAILY. Decent GF not die anyway. There is steely defence and fr, or dc shielding his HAMSTER. Decent GF dont even need DC to tank Orcus, just pop daily after daily. Immortal GF, not sound similiar? Oh, yes. While protecting party and buffing with ITF. All speed boss kills - GF involved. Then we have OP, who can be immortal if chain binding with aura of wisdom and high recovery + justice tree. He protect party with daily but his level of protection is meaningless, and limited to 12 seconds (not all can fill ap during that). Whats the point of being immortal when party is dead. JUst simple archer can kill them from range.

We all know 'pro' parties prefer GF over OP, coz of ITF. Buffs provided by OP are little compared to GF, after nerf they wont even give enough protection.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    antevorta87antevorta87 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So glad I spent 6 months or longer and lots of money building up my oathbound paladin to have all the powers stripped away. I am a tank. I don't PVP, I think people that PVP should go play another game...that is not the intent of Dungeons and Dragons. And when I attempt to PVP with my bubble and my echo, I get killed 20+ times and don't kill one opponent; my DPS is pitiful as a paladin. I used this build to do dungeons when having my bubble up constantly is the only thing that saves my friends. My AP cleric friend helps keep the shield up but as a party of 5 around 3k item level we still haven't been able to complete the final boss in Epic Grey Wolf Den or Castle Never. So do I get free tokens to re-spec my toon now since it is pointless in the build I have?!?!? Can I exchange my paladin for another level 70, 3k IL character?!?
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Reading from few above I'm learning that now GF is OP ? seriously WTF...for many many months I heard that GF is a weak dude trying to tank and failing miserably vs. an OP.

Now GF is a freaking BEAST! and OP is a read headed child ??

That's it, I'm done, lol!

Let's just nerf everybody and go play chess!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

antevorta 87 - if you cant survive without broken mechanics, you should find another game. hello kity for example

The mechanics are not the issue, the daily works exactly as written, the encounters not so much. The issue seems to be others whinging about the fact that some players have optimised their build to fully utilise the powers they have available for the benefit of tthe party. Your comment shows an elitest attitude and I can only sumise that you don't run with sub 3k players. I so would hate for my bubble to diminish your game experience.

While the Dev's are nerfing, perhaps weapon master strike and IBS should be removed form the GWF, as they kill mobs too fast for me to get to hit them on my tank and the gwf out dps's players which just isn't fair, challanging or fun (boo hoo). I do hope my sarcasm was clear.
    If you want a challange solo Q and run it with whatever mess the Q system pulls together. Don't want to run with a PermaBubble, say so and don't Q with one. Accidentally end up in party with one- leave the party. Same thing with ap/haste DC's. You control your own actions and with them the enjoyment you get out of the game.

I built my OP and my GF to be able to carry atleast one 2001 til party member. While, admittedly, I do farming runs with the ultra-hdps 4k+ friends when the coffers need AD or equiptment Because it is the fastest means to an end. I also grab the barely 2k player and walk them through the dungeons, explaining where the traps are, what they need to look out for, where they should dodge, and how to survive the boss. I do this so they can survive a pug group that lacks a party focused tank or some pompus bellend who got stuck with them in party and makes their life hell for it. I also explain to them mechanics of the tank and how not to kill the tank by foolishly running ahead and face tanking, or standing in the red during boss fights. Mele players don't have a choice about standing in the red, but they do have a choice about how they do so and if they put the rest of the party at risk doing so. I get that I am more likely the exception than the rule, and that I was fortunate to have "mentors" that did the same for me, so that I can pay it forward to newer toons. If a party gets lax about staying out of the red, they will die no matter their til or bubble. The bubble does not grant "god mode" invincibility. It is slower about killing the OP than GF's Knights Valor but you get one or more mele players stuck in the death spheres during Orcus with strings and the tank will die as the OP cannot mitigate the damage fast enough to compensate for the overwhelming attack. If the tank dies, the party dies. Same is true for the healer. If you have become lazy about staying out of the red thats on you not the OP, if someone else in your party is being lax about the red, don't worry about it they will die the second the bubble drops, and it does drop, by lag, by cc, or by mis-timing a single skill, or simply by getting one shot by the boss.
    Do the powers need adjustment? Probably for pve, I would say absolutly for pvp (but pvp is broken beyond fixing- stealth, drains, roots, etc). Should the lower geared and new to game players suffer (they are the ones that will suffer) for the whinging of the elite? NO.

They changes make very little difference for me as a tank (OP or GF) but they have a huge impact on how and with whom I will party, and my ability to help the lower geared players advance and a knock on to my under 3k dps alts being included in dungeon runs. I sincerely hope the Dev's take a long look at these changes and consider how it actually impacts the masses.

GF(main), OP,DC,GWF,SW,TR(alts)-all lvl70 geared and played daily, HR(ret)
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    amenar said:

If you haven't read the Upcoming powers/balance changes please go here to take a look: arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1214505/upcoming-powers-balance-changes

Here are the related patch notes:

Oathbound Paladin

• Divine Protector: Duration reduced to 3 seconds plus 1 second per additional rank (6 second max, down from 20 second max).
    • Divine Protector: Now reduces all damage you take while active by 50%, down from 80%.
    • Heroism: Duration reduced to 4 seconds plus 2 seconds per additional rank (10 second max, down from 20 second max).
    • Shield of Faith: Duration reduced to 6 seconds plus 2 seconds per additional rank (12 second max, down from 24 second max).
    • Shield of Faith: Now decreases incoming damage by 30% (down from 50%) and increases healing taken by 30% (up from 20%).
    • Aura of Vengeance: The damage proc from this Class Feature no longer counts as At-Will damage.
    • Binding Oath: Modified tooltip wording slightly to be more succinct and understandable.
    • Binding Oath: The damage dealt to other targets at the end of the duration can no longer exceed the Max HP of the Paladin.
    • Feats: Echoes of Light: This effect can now only occur once every 15 seconds. The proc chance no longer secretly increases if you are hitting multiple targets. The proc chance has been increased from 1/2/3/4/5% to 2/4/6/8/10%.
    • Oathbound Paladins will no longer receive a 20% damage buff for 1 second every 20 seconds.
    Devoted Cleric
    • Feats: Gift of Haste: Now grants AP over 5 seconds, instead of instantly. If you are already affected by Gift of Haste, having it applied to you again will refresh the duration.
    • Feats: Gift of Haste: Now places a buff icon on the recipient, instead of popping up combat floating text with every application.
    • Feats: Gift of Haste: When casting Healing Word, Gift of Haste no longers fail to apply to the caster in certain circumstances.
    • Healing Word: The targeting of this power is now more reliable on angled terrain.
    • Healing Word: Buff tooltip now accurately reflects what the power does when applied in Divinity mode.
    • Divine Glow: Modified tooltip wording slightly to be more succinct. Also added tooltip text to the buffs and debuffs.
    • Divine Glow: No longer incorrectly states that the effect stacks 3 times when cast in Divinity mode.
    @amenar
    @terramak
    @strumslinger
    Prophecy of Doom in Devoted Clerics is still not working properly since mod6.
    The tooltip makes it clear that when an enemy that had an active mark by prophecy of doom dies then the power instantly recharges and the player gets a large amount of Action Points.
  • Options
    brimbelle88brimbelle88 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Before changing anything, wouldn't it be vital for this game to correct the multiplicity of annoying bugs???
    Too easy to change chars' powers than correcting those bugs. What about getting a server to Europe instead of yer crappy server in North Americah...
  • Options
    tuddyytuddyy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Wouldn't it be so much simpler just to have Divine Protector absorb less, say, 60% of the damage of the linked allies, rather than absorbing 100%? That would prevent it from making easy-mode and forcing the other players to do their part to avoid excessive damage.
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Great work making a common thread for a DC and an OP. Following a conversation here is impossible.
  • Options
    melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    All I can say is thank you for the huge nerfs - they made my decision to quit very easy.

This game had the potential to be something great. Now it's just a grind fest that is now going to be even more of a grind and darn near impossible for those without a high ilvl. Congrats.
  • Options
    melodicah said:

All I can say is thank you for the huge nerfs - they made my decision to quit very easy.

This game had the potential to be something great. Now it's just a grind fest that is now going to be even more of a grind and darn near impossible for those without a high ilvl. Congrats.

The nerf has not happened yet
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I do not get that people are crying about the "nerf", actually i am surprised how long it took to do it.....seriously l there is no other game out there where a character can make the whole party immune for 20 sec. every 10 sec.
    And yes the char i invested into is a 3.5k OP
    and i approve the fix.

Asking for aggro skills to be fixed seems reasonable thou...
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    Go run the SH Blue dragon with 3 GWF's and a DC and see how immune any of you are.

I do not get that people are crying about the "nerf", actually i am surprised how long it took to do it.....seriously l there is no other game out there where a character can make the whole party immune for 20 sec. every 10 sec.
    And yes the char i invested into is a 3.5k OP
    and i approve the fix.

Asking for aggro skills to be fixed seems reasonable thou...

Not say a fix isn't needed, but go run the SH Blue dragon with 3 GWF's and a DC and see how immune any of you are. just saying.
  • Options
    salmistrasalmistra Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Not only are strong guilds and players but also young and unequipped
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Not sure I'd say permabubble is WAI, I doubt the Devs intended for it to be up 100% of the time.

I play a GF and a CW. When tanking Orcus with the GF the other day there was a CW that was using Icy Terrain and getting in between me and Orcus and staying there, a GWF was directly next to or behind me and then they wonder why they get one shotted even with my KV on - where are ppl learning these playing behaviours - i'm thinking its the bubble and if that mechanic is resulting in game play evolving to this, well I can't see how that is WAI or good for the game.

I think its needs adjusting (but adjusting, not nerfing completely). I'm not sure if 20 secs all the way down to 6 is the right "adjustment".

Maybe

OP = easy/easier tank mode, little or less buffs, better guarantee of no party wipes but it will take longer to complete
    GF = harder mode, more buffs, less guarantee of no wipes but can finish content faster

Not sure tho, I can see some problems with that too

Every class has had a nerf at some stage or another, hopefully its not excessive though
  • Options
    flakbait1flakbait1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @amenar said:
    > If you haven't read the Upcoming powers/balance changes please go here to take a look: arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1214505/upcoming-powers-balance-changes
    >
    > Here are the related patch notes:
    >
    > Oathbound Paladin
    > * Divine Protector: Duration reduced to 3 seconds plus 1 second per additional rank (6 second max, down from 20 second max).
    >
    > * Divine Protector: Now reduces all damage you take while active by 50%, down from 80%.
    >
    > * Heroism: Duration reduced to 4 seconds plus 2 seconds per additional rank (10 second max, down from 20 second max).
    >
    > * Shield of Faith: Duration reduced to 6 seconds plus 2 seconds per additional rank (12 second max, down from 24 second max).
    >
    > * Shield of Faith: Now decreases incoming damage by 30% (down from 50%) and increases healing taken by 30% (up from 20%).
    >
    > * Aura of Vengeance: The damage proc from this Class Feature no longer counts as At-Will damage.
    >
    > * Binding Oath: Modified tooltip wording slightly to be more succinct and understandable.
    >
    > * Binding Oath: The damage dealt to other targets at the end of the duration can no longer exceed the Max HP of the Paladin.
    >
    > * Feats: Echoes of Light: This effect can now only occur once every 15 seconds. The proc chance no longer secretly increases if you are hitting multiple targets. The proc chance has been increased from 1/2/3/4/5% to 2/4/6/8/10%.
    >
    > * Oathbound Paladins will no longer receive a 20% damage buff for 1 second every 20 seconds.
    >
    >
    > Devoted Cleric
    > * Feats: Gift of Haste: Now grants AP over 5 seconds, instead of instantly. If you are already affected by Gift of Haste, having it applied to you again will refresh the duration.
    >
    > * Feats: Gift of Haste: Now places a buff icon on the recipient, instead of popping up combat floating text with every application.
    >
    > * Feats: Gift of Haste: When casting Healing Word, Gift of Haste no longers fail to apply to the caster in certain circumstances.
    >
    > * Healing Word: The targeting of this power is now more reliable on angled terrain.
    >
    > * Healing Word: Buff tooltip now accurately reflects what the power does when applied in Divinity mode.
    >
    > * Divine Glow: Modified tooltip wording slightly to be more succinct. Also added tooltip text to the buffs and debuffs.
    >
    > * Divine Glow: No longer incorrectly states that the effect stacks 3 times when cast in Divinity mode.
  • Options
    flakbait1flakbait1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So now that you are ruining my DC build, are you going to address the healadins being bale to out heal every DC build? I've invested a lot of time a money into this game, and now feel as though the DC I spent the most time on, will no be value at all just because the paladin was broken. Thanks for punishing me for your mistakes
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    a healer should well...heal
    on the issue of priests being bad at it i agree

they should not be focused on bubbleregen in the first place (if priests were actually healers and paladins tanks).

Sad thing is palas wont get skills to hold aggro or buffs like a GF and will still use temp hp. for tanking and priests will not have lesser heal,heal,greater heal as their most used encounters....
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    Without comparison between classes...
    Every class need a way more clear tooltip with actual datas: what mean the "xxxx-xxxx Damage" there's a 16-19% aleatority.
    IMHO should be XXXX Damage, than we will read in the [combat] log the effective damage done.
    Other than that i'd be glad to see a corrispondence [Encounter Tooltip]-[Encounter Rank]. Too often i see fighting on those +10%
    100+10+... vs 100*1,10*...

Did i have to distrust powers with the sentence "[...] grants [...] Temporary Hit Points" ?

Did i have to distrust powers with the sentence "[...] stackin up to 3 times" (DG) or "This effect can stack 3 times" (SB and FF) ""?

I like DCs, why don't nerf other classes powers and feats to "HAMSTER% of your weapon damage" instead of scramble with big numbers on some?

I prefer Cleanse to clean debuffs not just DoT. Many other feats are out to date or overly ineffective.
    Btw feets makes a DC less or more a healer or a support, capstones included

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    Those paladin changes are welcome but .

Take and Give something in return .

Tank&healer paladins dmg w/o aura of radiance deal zero dmg i have a 3.5 k paladin with 36k power and not even one of my encounters can hit ower 20k, not even with self buff if i take AoR away .

"Divine Touch:(Melee, 15' Blast, 10s cooldown) Deal

heavy

Radiant damage to all foes in an area around the target.

Oath of Protection: Gain a shield that absorbs damage for 8 seconds.

Oath of Devotion: Allies near the target are healed as well.

Additional Ranks: Damage +15% " This is a joke it do 3-4 k dmg with my OPP.

Some encounter cant even do at-will dmg .
    And our at wills do around 3-4k dmg this is a joke .

So pls buff those things and fix finally the Shift mechanism of paladins its not working correctly (its already reported multiple times .

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    when I'm playing my GF, I'd much rather a DC in the party than a Paladin for the better synergy.

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User

I was thinking of quiting the game, due to no challenge and almost not being able to escape having a perma bubbke in group, eve.ln in pug que. thanks pwe/cryptic, ill be sticking around.

this. but funny thing is even with GF as tank , group tends to play like with paladin. they dont understand there should be tactics for scorpions. how can someone be against nerf is beyond me. But content need an adjustment.

• Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Well, ppl asking for a challenge, plz lets say the truth, I grabbed my Hr the other day and with a grp of 3k+ including a GF with no DC nor Pally we cleared every dungeon rather easily, the reality is that there's no challenging dungeon made for a group of 3ks, and lets not talk about 4ks, and this isn't Pallys or Virtuous clerics fault.

To the guys looking for a 'challenge' in this game, just do some naked runs or solo some dungeons, w/e, but don't ask for a bubble and then say it's ez mode, that doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    4k players will never ask for bubble. Why should they? A GF is 100 times more helpfull to clear dungeons fast and easy.
    It would make no sense, if you know any 4k player and this players needs a bubbledin ^^