test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let us EARN our Legendary rings

Comments

• Options
    bozgreen#2671 bozgreen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    The guess here is, there's a pool of how many top ranking items are available. Once that pool's done, there will be no more until the user base increases by a specific margin. Presumably there's a ratio between the number of active players, and the number of the Items, so to maintain their specialty, value, and uniqueness.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

wdj40 said:

Any currency will do... at this stage I would be happy to pay 30 Linu Favors for a +5 Ring.

This...my orginal proposition was some type of UD currency combined with a +5 ring exchange, but I'd be stoked to see any variation on the "earn it via currency" approach. Even if it takes months of daily tending to eventually earn it.

PS - still not one +5 ring from the original UD content here. Not even a crappy one...
    Same I have never seen a +5 ring from day 1 of UD dropping... Since the last double AD I have saved all Salvage and I am coming up on running out of space with 8 characters Banks (5 have 160 slots). That shows how much I run CN and EDemo etc.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Sooooooooooo earned my 2nd Wand today from Orcus so that is how many times I have run just CN now, let alone the amount of times I ran the others... lol... I wish I could swap it for 2 +5 rings :(

I really appreciate the Wand though... This one I am keeping for the set :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    update: still haven't been able to pull a single +5 ring from underdark. Amazing.

How many months has it been since Underdark first dropped?
  • Options
    alliancesoldieralliancesoldier Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    For sure...ring drops and legendary drops from lockboxes need fixed. Ive been playing since this game came to Xbox one and I have never scored anything worth the value of the money I've invested in this game. I talked a friend into playing not even six month ago and wouldn't you know it scored a +5 ring of brutality on regular demo run. He wasnt in top five for scoreboard with was 1st in everything but downs. I rec we lived a +1 ring of brutality....great way to reward playing a great run.
  • Options
    Still never had a +5 ring drop... I think people have understood now how often I play and run things :(

Give me a ring pleeeeeease :(
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    gron#8400 gron Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have been farming PoM for two months now, JUST to get a +4 ring of Precision. Does not matter if I get gold, silver or bronze, after two months of farming for that ring I have only gotten two, count them TWO +4 rings, a ring of cowardice, and a +4 ring of rising fortress. I have gotten ONE +3 ring, a ring of precision, with only one slot does me no good. Lately, I have been checking the people in my groups and I would say 40-50% of them have some kind of +5 ring. How is PoM not broken, if I see all these peeps with +5 rings, many of them the ring I need (of Precision), but I can't even get a +4 to drop? Luck is not a real thing, it is something people make up in their minds to help them believe that superstiously (spelling I know) they can get something. I am a realist, and realistically, from all the glitches and getting the same thing over and over and over, I firmly believe that PoM is BROKEN and so feel it is pointless to continue to farm.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Farm CN as you're able to get the ring of sudden precision there as well. The drop rates for all +5 is complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> either way you look at it.
  • Options
    gron#8400 gron Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thanks xrawcarnage, I will try it!
  • Options
    algaefreealgaefree Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I'd like just put out that I support earning gear not winning gear. You don't get promoted at work because, your boss rolled a 20 sided dice. You get it by putting in the effort and work required to earn respect. Random generated luck is a horrible way to distribute things.
  • Options
    Still waiting on my 1st ever +5 ring to drop :(

Mod 10 will come out before I ever get one... actually I don't think I ever will get one to drop now.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

Mod 10 will come out before I ever get one... actually I don't think I ever will get one to drop now.

And mod 10 brings even more of those +5 rings to rng for.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/index.php?search=greater+ostorian&amp;title=Special:Search&amp;go=Go
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Lmao that's awesome! More rings to not get ever. I haven't seen a plus 5 ring drop for anyone in over a month now. Maxed out guild and very active and nothing. Let's not get on the subject of seeing a belt drop from demo or an orcus shard from Cn. Same thing with them two. Hell, I've opened over 1k new lock box and have yet got an admin message. This game is really turning my off and pushing me away. Just around 2 more months and there is relief in sight by the names of bf1 and gears 4!!! ;)
  • Options
    arcanium#4001 arcanium Member Posts: 1 New User
    All of this commentary on the RNG topic and not ONE SINGLE comment from the developers, what's wrong with that picture?
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited September 2016

All of this commentary on the RNG topic and not ONE SINGLE comment from the developers, what's wrong with that picture?

Cryptic developers are too busy paying their entire attention to the pc users. Cant remember that just one single dev has ever shown up in here.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

At least you hit two shard of orcus' wands. I think each one is worth 2 +5 rings...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    I've had 4 different people hit +5 rings in my groups in 3 days.....and any of them were not me.
  • Options
    sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    ability to upgrade rings via RP and marks would be nice and easy to implement. Would take RNG lotto out of the equation as well
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Maybe they could add them to Mastercrafting....?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    That would not be smart at all. The market would be cornered by the select few that have mastercrafting finished and would charge a fortune for them. Really REALLY bad idea to do that. Sorry just saying.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    You can already make some cool rings in mastercraft I thought...not +5 rings but rosegold and maybe another.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Yes but to put all +5 rings in mastercraft would be crazy imo. Just because there isn't many people who have mastercraft done so the prices of these rings would be through the roof. Think about it. 10mil ad for a brutality just as an example.

yes duelist, rosegold etc can be made and good rings overall.
    Post edited by xrawcarnage on
  • Options

wdj40 said:

At least you hit two shard of orcus' wands. I think each one is worth 2 +5 rings...
    Not at all, you can get a Wand all day long from the AH... all you have to do is save up if you so chose.

A +5 ring is a random rare drop that you cannot obtain any other way in the game. After 1000's of runs and not 1 single +5 ring is pretty disgusting :(
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Still not a single +5 from the original Underdark material. Still hitting up edemo / prophecy / thrones almost daily.

It's starting to feel personal now...

Underdark dropped Feb, so that's what...7 months of no luck? The RNG hurts
  • Options

wdj40 said:

Agreed on being lucky, but there's a huge difference in picking up loot that you can buy in a pinch via AH, and picking up loot that you cannot buy, but are a slave to the slot machine for. And an avg +1/+2 ring drop w/ 3.3k salvage value every 10-15m is a terrible ad farm. That's a 19k-ish ad / hr return on time invested, which is terrible

Can you imagine if they had made the +4/+5s BoC ?!
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2016

That would not be smart at all. The market would be cornered by the select few that have mastercrafting finished and would charge a fortune for them. Really REALLY bad idea to do that. Sorry just saying.

I disagree. If they make the ones that drop from underdark sellable and also make them craftable from Masterworks then you have two streams feeding them into the AH whereas you currently have none.

It gives more purpose to Masterworks and to those that have the AD but not the time or luck, it gives them the option to save and buy.

+5 rings are endgame BiS and so should be expensive but as more people work on the crafting the price would come down. Currently it doesn't matter how much AD you have, you need to farm, hope and (usually) wait months.

I'm fine with them costing 1-5 mill AD as these are not levelling items, they are endgame BiS. Newer players can go for +4's, which are easier to get through farming.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    What is a +5 ring? :p
  • Options
    zalus31#1617 zalus31 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Agreed to an extent. Put some out there of near equal value if all its going to be based on is luck. Some people just have better than luck than others.
  • Options
    I`ve given up on +5 ring drops now and hardly run the content... if I happen to be online and one of my Alliance/Guild members puts a shout out to run something I will... Totally over played it without the rewards I wanted :(

Not sure how I feel at this point. A game based heavily on grinding to get the BiS stuff is cool, but to make the best rings pure luck is now lame.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe