test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let us EARN our Legendary rings

Comments

• cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    @xrawcarnage, that's why I say "in a row"... quote-unquote.

@eractic, I got mine on bronze... Go figure.

I agree with you that +5s should be awarded when ranking Gold. The problem with that, though, is that high-level 70s will queue only with high-levels... They get a low-level and would very likely kick him out cause he becomes "a risk".
  • eractic#9186 eractic Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    @Cesar that is true but isn't that already happening? 3k only groups in chat looking for other 3k players. Its already happening but I just feel an increased chance to obtain one on gold is a step in the right direction
    Guild : Straight Outta Neverwinter
    Main : Thorak (GWF) 4,1k
    Alts : Eractic (HR) 2,8k
    Ragner (CW) 2,7k
    Rico (DC) 2,6k
    Leo (TR) 2,4k
    Maus (GF) 2,7k
    Lucifer (Sw) 2,4k
    9 other scrub lvl 70s(mainly AD farmers and banks)
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User

@Cesar that is true but isn't that already happening? 3k only groups in chat looking for other 3k players. Its already happening but I just feel an increased chance to obtain one on gold is a step in the right direction

I never see requirements to be 3k for underdark skirmishes? For edemo yes, but the thing is you need gold for 2 twiste ichor, that is the difference. But squirmishes... people just queue them randomly
    Problem with edemo is players have established this 3k requirement, not the game. How am I supposed to get twisted ichor for the twisted set if I'm not 3k and people do not take me as part of the group? I play only one toon: a gwf, and it's 2.8k now. These made up groups do not add me cause of my ilvl in spite of me outDPSing most gwfs with a higher ilvl (too many poorly built gwfs around).

And that is the problem: it is happening already. Cryptic should come up with a better way to level groups to avoid this kind of situations thus make epics a better experience without leaving the challenging part out. How? Well, how about making groups with similar ilvl and adjusting the difficulty of the event based on that?

For instance, a 3k-3.5k group should face a harder event than a 2.5k-3k group, so in the end difficulty feels technically the same. This way, for example, you won't have a 3.5k made up group wiping Lostmauth in a matter of seconds anymore, but having to work the dungeon the same way a 2k made up group has to.
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Well...i finally got not just one +5 but 2....from Castle Never no less. Also, both are the sudden life steal ring... Really annoying tbh, considering how much effort I put into Prophecy of Madness and eDemo the last 90 days.

I still think there should be some type of currency and/or exchange so that people can earn these, even if it means the grind will be long (even months) with daily or weekly caps.

This game is just one constant pull of the slot machine handle, and often does not reward effort or skill...
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Still no +5 rings :(
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Still no +5 rings :neutral:
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    You get a increased reward for gold, you get 12 ichor instead of 9...:)
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    with Prophecy of Madness broken iv got no chance of getting on +5 rising ring of precision
    How come?

with Prophecy of Madness broken iv got no chance of getting on +5 rising ring of precision

Incorrect, as long as you get a bronze reward or better you get one pull on the slot machine handle to pull a +5 ring from the chest.

If you get gold, you get a second pull on the slot machine handle for the ring from the boss
    Slot machines are regulated to provide at least some payout...

Casual Dailies
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Problem with edemo is players have established this 3k requirement, not the game. How am I supposed to get twisted ichor for the twisted set if I'm not 3k and people do not take me as part of the group? I play only one toon: a gwf, and it's 2.8k now. These made up groups do not add me cause of my ilvl in spite of me outDPSing most gwfs with a higher ilvl (too many poorly built gwfs around).

And that is the problem: it is happening already. Cryptic should come up with a better way to level groups to avoid this kind of situations thus make epics a better experience without leaving the challenging part out. How? Well, how about making groups with similar ilvl and adjusting the difficulty of the event based on that?

For instance, a 3k-3.5k group should face a harder event than a 2.5k-3k group, so in the end difficulty feels technically the same. This way, for example, you won't have a 3.5k made up group wiping Lostmauth in a matter of seconds anymore, but having to work the dungeon the same way a 2k made up group has to.

Queue with your guild, it's the only way you'll get a spot in a group that's not comprised of 2.5k's using a blue catalogue as their primary artifact...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited May 2016
    ^^^ or make your own group in Protectors Enclave for edemo (fill in missing via public works fine if you fill majority)

Or am I of the few that consider PE the de facto LFG recruiting zone?

PS - plz keep thread on topic. Looking for more player feedback re: the request for the community to be able to EARN their + 5s instead of this Vegas RNG loot routine...
    Ok ran over 100 different Cn's, edemo's, and madness and still, no +5's. Haven't even seen one drop for anyone in my groups either. I don't expect these to be handed out, but come on now.
    Still no +5's for me... But I did finally get a Band of Loathing today from No Sympathy yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :) Only ran it a couple of hundred times I think :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • eractic#9186 eractic Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Still no +5 ring, some +4's but no +5, starting to want to give up on getting one and stick with my +4

Only have one band of loathing also, run that HE 100+ times now and still no 2nd drop, even resorted to running it solo and nothing but rank 5's :(
    Guild : Straight Outta Neverwinter
    Main : Thorak (GWF) 4,1k
    Alts : Eractic (HR) 2,8k
    Ragner (CW) 2,7k
    Rico (DC) 2,6k
    Leo (TR) 2,4k
    Maus (GF) 2,7k
    Lucifer (Sw) 2,4k
    9 other scrub lvl 70s(mainly AD farmers and banks)
    Fudge :( forgot I needed a 2nd Band of Loathing boooo.... but I did get a Eye of Lathander from Dread Ring today with the daily Glove, so it does exist :)

Although last double RP I decided to go with a secondary set of Seldarin and levelled it up... Chose not to go Lathanders at the time lol, also the Eye is bound so I cant even swap it ha ha lol... still it exists :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Nice on the Band of Loathing and the eye, I would say you are on a streak, pop some boxes! :)

Casual Dailies
    Nice on the bands. I had 0 issues getting 4 of them way back. I got 3 in 3 hours one day going hard with a big group running Sh he's. Maybe that's why this game ducking hates me now lol. All my past luck with lock boxes and the band's they say no more now.

Nice on the Band of Loathing and the eye, I would say you are on a streak, pop some boxes! :)

Ha ha funnily enough I thought the same thing, after getting that Band and the next day the Eye... Whilst I was still in the Dread Ring Lair by the chest I bought myself a key and had 2 in my Inventory. I opened 3 Lockboxes and received 3 Profession packs lol... Not so lucky :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Well happy days are here. Got myself a ring of rising lifesteal +5 this weekend. Yes, it's the worst of the 2 lifesteal rings and yes I won't use it to wipe my butt with, but, it's a +5. Next run my guild mate got the same ring and 2 runs later of edemo, another guildie got a +5 as well. So don't give up I guess ;)
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    So I had a small thought on this. Most toons are geared towards certain abilities... tanks need defense and or deflection (power isnt too bad either). DPS is looking for crit and armor pen...

What if rings were given higher chances based upon which class you are. Say a GWF has a 5% chance at a crit ring (random percentage) while a pally has a 2% chance at the same ring.

This way classes might have a higher chance at rings that are valuable towards their builds (in terms of +5 rings) rather than getting rings that are completely worthless on that toon. Could this be a possible solution?
  • unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I would hate that. I have a character of each class, only very few of which make it passed the item level screening people do when invites are requested.
  • agenty0rk#8993 agenty0rk Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    To bad you don't get a choice of legendary rings instead of a predetermined drop. If you got a choice of let's say three different rings then you'd actually have a decent chance at collecting all of them or just the ones you want.
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Is the band of loathing good? It only has one slot right?
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • bleedinblue755bleedinblue755 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Doesn't it make you want to buy Zen thou?
    Rise from the Ashes guild leader
    pr3stigex said:

Is the band of loathing good? It only has one slot right?

Oh yes, it is! But you need two of them. You'll get 1776 crit and 1000 defense plus whatever you put in offense slots (more crit for non-BiS DPSes, woohoo!).

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Band_of_Loathing
    You loose 1k defense with 2 band of loathing equipped and gain an additional 200 crit.
    Lose 1k defense? How?