test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What type of companion do you use for enhanced stats

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
edited March 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Do you use bonding runestones, augment pet, or simply carry a companion? Curious what current players are using on average.

What type of companion do you use for enhanced stats 87 votes

I use an augment, such as an ioun stone, cat, goat or chicken
34%
jazzfongravenkkinzebularkvetsilence1xsantralafaxmagenubbiesolbergxcambo1682icyphishbaronvonboomsilvetazlinoge63tuluwraithr32ellodrithadinosiitorontodavehammbo1969masterofmirage 30 votes
I use high level bonding runestones for increased stats
51%
kacezetzekethesinnersorce#8115mzrt666defiantone99essentiromotheonedeflectroquetaitinhakkaajaputzboy78umschegrimahkemi1984mamalion1234blu3armyoldbaldyonewixxgs1chthaden42eetubukudrakenmonk 45 votes
I just use a companion I like, without worry of augment or bondings
13%
chtarbouillephoenix1021beckylunaticnps2ashthrowersomeonedieshumorisbenefitkemnimtarkasduryntenawelenross80mrderpherpin#5732 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    humorisbenefithumorisbenefit Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Just using companion I have, but OFC, if can have Augment then it shuold be best for stats... broken stuff works different way.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    i use both augment in instance, striker solo but i wish the one i like would be viable for endgame
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    Augment for me only because it is easier and cheaper to manage. One day I may move to bonding if it is not nerf'ed by that day.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Mixed, actually, though I do use greater bondings on most of the summoned companions. My summons are not chosen for max-proccing bonding stones, so any enhancement I get in that fashion is a bonus, but they work out decently for how I play.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Across my 4 mains I have Bondings on 2 toons, and Augments on the other 2. Only reason though is because I haven't had a chance to make enough bondings on the right level for the other two.
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User

What's the point on using Bonding on augments, do they interact in some weird ways to make those augments working Not as Intended?

When cheating in this game will be addressed for good?

The moment when you stop calling wealthier players cheaters.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

Bondings are not broken. Why do people keep saying that? Ya, they are overpowered, but what happened the last patch? Only the tooltips were fixed, so they are WAI.

they will be called broken until the proc rate on 10/11/12 bonding is the same as a 12/12/12. Surely you realize that having something at a lower level out performing a higher level cannot be WAI
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User

What's the point on using Bonding on augments, do they interact in some weird ways to make those augments working Not as Intended?

When cheating in this game will be addressed for good?

Think.... for once...

Normal runestone has 700 stats, bonding has 840, for 3 slots its 2100 vs 2520, 1% more either in power or defense. Whole new world for mix-maxer.

But i understand it not ur world, since u chose to stay poor.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Used an ioun stone since forever, but now I'm going to buy 3 bonding stones. Fancy becomming a pve paingiver god after being mainly pvp focused since mod2.

Lots of people are "rich" just because they have played for a very long time, that too is something that should be rewarded. Not everyone with enough ad to buy high end gear is an exploiter.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I use bonding stones on my gwf and gf. The boosted stats really count. My support DC and CW mainly rely on feats and powers, stones are just fine for them.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I own an account-wide Ioun stone so my secondary characters use that - all 15 of them.

My primary - well, I have been using an augment for a long time ... have not been comfortable with using bonding runestones due to the bug that makes them stack more than 3 times. If that gets fixed, I might reconsider - I also have an account-wide drow mercenary which I understand is a decent choice for that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

jonkoca said:

Used an ioun stone since forever, but now I'm going to buy 3 bonding stones. Fancy becomming a pve paingiver god after being mainly pvp focused since mod2.

Lots of people are "rich" just because they have played for a very long time, that too is something that should be rewarded. Not everyone with enough ad to buy high end gear is an exploiter.

Exploiters are those that use glitches, not wealthy people. If bondings in Ioun Stones are used just for their passive stats it's all fine, if multiple bondings make some weird interactions eventually it's exploiting. I'm asking if it is the case.
    I've seen people with just augments and bondings without added rings, etc. If I inspect those augments stats are very low, what's the point to run with an augment with so low stats?
    When you inspect someone's companion, it will only show the runestones, it will never show the gear on those companions.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2016

jonkoca said:

Exploiters are those that use glitches, not wealthy people. If bondings in Ioun Stones are used just for their passive stats it's all fine, if multiple bondings make some weird interactions eventually it's exploiting. I'm asking if it is the case.
    I've seen people with just augments and bondings without added rings, etc. If I inspect those augments stats are very low, what's the point to run with an augment with so low stats?
    As Kain said, players that use Bondings on their Augments are doing so for the extra Power of Defence that it gives at the same item level as say a Radiant or Azure. If by some chance they are slotting it for the hope that Augment procs Bondings well then they are uninformed.

I didn't vote as I use a mixture of the two. My one HR uses an Ioun Stone and the other HR uses Shadow Demon with Greater Bondings which will be upgraded to Perfect at some stage. My GWF also uses Ioun Stone, while my GF uses companions with Bondings too.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Inspecting companions is bugged, at least I never see any of the equipped items, only runestones, and stats are always displayed wrong in inspect.
    There is no exploit with augments and bondings, however other people are right that there is something weird in the interaction between different bonding stones. Just because it wasn't fixes doesn't mean it's "WAI". There is just so much stuff that needs fixing in the game, I doubt it could all be done in a few patches. Also with all these bugs it's hard not to "exploit" something...
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Where's the option for bonding stone companion but low / mid-level bondings because not everyone can afford R12s? :)
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    Switched from augment to bonding. I can see the appeal for dps classes. Even though bondings are more powerful, I do think there atleast is choice.

They just need to equalise it a little, and make more companions viable. Lack of choice in this game is really killing it.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    grimah said:

Switched from augment to bonding. I can see the appeal for dps classes. Even though bondings are more powerful, I do think there atleast is choice.

They just need to equalise it a little, and make more companions viable. Lack of choice in this game is really killing it.

I think there are plenty of viable options, it's just that they either haven't been tested or are being kept a close secret. The Battlerager looks especially promising, while any companion with a fast attack will do the job. Look to the ones that have multiple attacks like the Lightfoot Thief. Battlerager is one and Pseudodragon is another.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

grimah said:

I think there are plenty of viable options, it's just that they either haven't been tested or are being kept a close secret. The Battlerager looks especially promising, while any companion with a fast attack will do the job. Look to the ones that have multiple attacks like the Lightfoot Thief. Battlerager is one and Pseudodragon is another.
    I tried out the battlerager and found his attack rate and proc chance low for a striker sadly. And pseudodragon's double bite only counts as one attack.
  • Options
    ghoulz66 said:

lirithiel said:

grimah said:

I tried out the battlerager and found his attack rate and proc chance low for a striker sadly. And pseudodragon's double bite only counts as one attack.
    Pity about the Pseudodragon. I thought the stacking buff on Battlerager would turn out to be pretty good - oh well.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

they will be called broken until the proc rate on 10/11/12 bonding is the same as a 12/12/12. Surely you realize that having something at a lower level out performing a higher level cannot be WAI

wait..what? You are getting more stacks from different levels of stones?
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Not more stacks, but they seem to proc more quickly, which can result in more stacks if the pet dies often.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2016

putzboy78 said:

wait..what? You are getting more stacks from different levels of stones?
    from my sight doing a boss fight 3xr12 will beat r10/11/12 , the statboost is 3x95 vs 65/80/95%, i never recognized 4, 5 or 6 bonding procs that often, it rarely happens on my companions no matter if I run a zenlock, a flimmerdog or a willow wisp.
    I only can talk about the speed these stacks appear wich differs , flimmerdog the fastest I know for now.
    4 or 5 stacks happen even without companions dead btw.
    If I had the AD I would level them up to 3x12 tbh.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    I use chicken because was free and DAMN IT'S A CHICKEN! Haven't ranked up bonding runestones to high enough level to test if they are superior.