test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Art Developer Blog: Warping Reality

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We're excited to give you an insider look on the environment art development process for the Maze Engine map.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9808573-art-developer-blog:-warping-reality

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2016

We're excited to give you an insider look on the environment art development process for the Maze Engine map.

Love the idea of the maze on top, that's a great concept... Well done! :)

Now by "Map" do you mean as in new 'zone', or area we can run around in? If so that's flipping awesome!

If not...

va8Ru.gif
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Pretty sure it's a quest instance, but I've not been playing the campaign on preview because I want it to be fresh.

My sense of direction is already crying in a corner based on this post.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    I like maze running, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm a bit disappointed that a maze in the Abyss appears so humdrum. I was hoping for something a bit more exotic.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Looks nice, and respect for taking the time to get into the lore, can't wait to see it.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I read the whole description.
    Nice idea.

I also suggest the following: generate the maze with a number of simple random encounter that can be shuffled during the weekly maintenance. This will keep the maze "new" forever. What I mean is: a number of rooms where the encounters change week by week.

I have just one more thing to say.
    I understand that you really, really thought about how to make the player ask him/herself "where I am " and "how do I get out"... Unfortunately this is not going to happen in the vast majority of cases. Most players have 2 questions at the top of the list when entering a dungeon: 1) How long does it take? 2) what's the reward?

All that said, really a nice work!.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    This could be a new dungeon ... or at least it would be a nice idea for a dungeon
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)