test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: A Stable of Insignias

2»

Comments

• gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Welp, looks like T. Life drinker will be making a comback with those new effects.
    3% of your hit points on every life tap?

We will be seeing more unkillable GWF in PvP, due to this, possibly unkillable SW as well (well 4-5 people CC them, they die but GWFs won't be this easy).

I suggest a looooong cool down on some of these effects we will see with these mounts or you will have something even more "HEADACHE" giving come next mod, in regards to the PvP community.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

How much will the 4k axe beak and Strider bonus be Nerfed! one more reason not waste time playing.

They aren't. They're even listed as legacy mounts because of this. It's possible that forthcoming mounts in new lockboxes will only give 2k stats at epic though (which would be a terrible decision given the droprate imo).
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • malfoirmalfoir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User

Cryptic plans for Neverwinter = Keep the players uninformed of whats really going on, Nerf thier hard earned toon stats, abilitys Items etc, Stop them improving without a shed load of RW cash, lye about their content and reissue old frankly unchallenging content, make false promisses, delete any prejudicial complaints in the forums, offer blatant calm down Discounts and Insulting "Free" gifts after Nerfing :(

Spoon a daily diet of rinse and repeat Rubbish to the player base :(

Based on the Idea Maze engine recycle old Lame content I am unimpressed :(

Have I forgotten anything! :)

IDK, maybe but maybe better not say it what was forgotten.

Stable insignias... erh, are they usefull for Pve for Average NEW player - who has not complete all campapigns-boons-perfect gear?

pvp... is a joke so all power there and can geab pocorn and read pvp -topic, ;)

• bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Can we at least be informed if the bonus powers will stack (and I really hope that they don't) or will we need to use a different bonus power for each mount?

I REALLY hope they DON'T stack, because I don't want to have to be forced to get the same mount 5 times just to stack the best bonus power 5 times.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry for the absence. I'll get some answers for you guys.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Five Insignia Powers can be active at the same time, which are the mounts you have in your stable. If more than one of the same power is active, it'll increase the effectiveness of it, but not by too much.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

... I don't want to have to be forced to get the same mount 5 times just to stack the best bonus power 5 times.

Independent of Strum's answer, this technically isn't even possible. You could try to find the same insignia bonus on five different mounts (as with companion bonuses), but cannot equip multiple of the same mount.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

Five Insignia Powers can be active at the same time, which are the mounts you have in your stable. If more than one of the same power is active, it'll increase the effectiveness of it, but not by too much.

Well thats just stupid then. GG with the balance.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Plz. God let's hope the heals from cc don't stack. The amounts of cc on mid in the initial battle are crazy.

Just think, in a single HR pvp rotation I hit for 4 guarrenteed stuns, hinder, constrict, disrupt, hinder melee. If they crit, that's a possible 8, if you add in lostmauth procs... HRs have basically become doctors who heal you with multiple arrow injections.

If they do stack then we'll basically have to throw out permastun and respecc to longshot piercing builds into the archer tree, which tbh. never worked that great anyway.

Lol.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • arkantosdrakonarkantosdrakon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Will the mounts in the stable account wide? The imperial rage drake I got after opening hundreds of lock boxes would be awesome to equip with my alt characters...
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    searauber said:

rayrdan said:
    To what are referring? Remember people they did say there will be Insignia's that will increase speed as well. And what's with all balling for Pete sake it used to cost 1.3 mill in AD to upgrade a mount and all you got was speed. Now it's all they made it harder or I am going to have to pay money to keep up my game so I tea bag people!! WWAAAA!!!!

If I'm not mistaking @rayrdan was referring to the 4% heal on immobilize which would be triggered from an HR's roots. Since encounters have a lower damage base this would in theory make it harder on HR's because HOT's affect lower damage powers more substantially than say a toon with high burst like a GF. Not to mention HR uses a ton of dot's which would also be hurt more than burst. This is also more of a post for another thread...

Considering I already started a thread on whether the HR class has a future....apparently the answer is that the devs will write in just any un-thought-out, probably-not-tested, obviously-moronic thing that makes life harder for what's already the weakest class in the game. Big surprise there.

But oh yeah, they'll do one big fix for class balancing Real Soon Now. They promised. Just three more mods and the five HRs left in the game by then will be able to complete on even terms again!
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Plz. God let's hope the heals from cc don't stack. The amounts of cc on mid in the initial battle are crazy.

Just think, in a single HR pvp rotation I hit for 4 guarrenteed stuns, hinder, constrict, disrupt, hinder melee. If they crit, that's a possible 8, if you add in lostmauth procs... HRs have basically become doctors who heal you with multiple arrow injections.

If they do stack then we'll basically have to throw out permastun and respecc to longshot piercing builds into the archer tree, which tbh. never worked that great anyway.

Lol.

this made my day. haha. though i dont play pvp much, but yes this would be very very funny to see. hrs healing enemies instead of killing them.