test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: A Stable of Insignias

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
In this blog we’ll be going over the Stable, one of the major new components of the Mount changes, as well as Insignias and how they tie into the system.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9805983-developer-blog:-a-stable-of-insignias

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    And don't forget mounts are getting new passive stats too, so if you just bought yourself a nice mount - be prepared to be surprised that it gives +2k restoration and you need to buy another one for +2k Power :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I still dont understand how many powers you can have active at the same time? 5? 1? cooldowns?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

edited February 2016

I still dont understand how many powers you can have active at the same time? 5? 1? cooldowns?

Oh $#@! i didn't think about that for a second, was assuming that only the currently equipped mount counts
    so it's like pet's active bonus - every insignia on every pet on the stable gives stats ? also every bonus of insignia types... and if so multiple times ?

Clarification needed please.
    E.G What happens if i have 5 Vampire's craving or 3 Vampire's craving +2 Vampire Thirst - do they stack ?
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Well atleast you didint put some over the top bonuses in there... for now.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    @strumslinger
    Some people have gotten the insignias on preview as dungeon drops. However, they apparently had to loot roll for the insignia (which we no longer must do for any dungeon loot, so why is this re-implemented) also the insignia dropped as BoP which means that people are going to be in for a _huge_ amount of grinding. Why are these insignias not BoA at the very least, and preferably BoE so that we can farm dungeons and sell these items at least if we manage to get an insignia, but it is not one that we want
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Of course nothing in the blog about where you can get insignias from : |

Hope they're BoE drops in dungeons.

Oh $#@! i didn't think about that for a second, was assuming that only the currently equipped mount counts
    so it's like pet's active bonus - every insignia on every pet on the stable gives stats ? also every bonus of insignia types... and if so multiple times ?

Clarification needed please.
    I'd assume that it's five in total and you can't stack the same ability.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    @strumslinger @terramak

You failed to answer the biggest and most important questions of them all.

How many of these bonuses can be active at the same time in PvP/PvE?
    How will the cooldowns work?
    How many of the same powers can be used? Will they proc at the same time? Rotation?
    Will the stats from the Insignias be active from all of the mounts in the stable?

Will I be able to use 5 healing powers at the same time? How will anyone die ever in PvP?
    Its heal on lifesteal, heal on deflect, heal on low HP, heal on stuns, heals on crits..
    WHY so much healing?

Will you be able to buy the same Insignias from the ZEN store that you can farm? Or will there be different ones there?

Dont you think the Disc combat power is WAY overpowered compared to all the other mounts?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

You mean
    Nah it's like only making you level 80 for 12 seconds, not overpowered at all. /sarcasm off

Anyway if they don't work for pvp and are pve only i seam to miss what the purpose of +10% ish dmg and heal is when most new content is for level 60 ?

• hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Another content ( implement ) you hardly managed to reach as with the legendary cursed rings!

@ejziponken there may be a cut in lifesteal taking into account this "new attribute" life steal severity. only this to justify the possibility of combo insignias for healing without becoming obsolete classes that heal.

@wildfirede only to sell key. and the opportunists to get the item --- sell it for millions of AD
  • aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    I received my non bound insignia on preview from a skill node.
    The stats it gave me was added, even tho I was using a different mount at that time. Then my assumption would be, all the bonuses and all insignia's are added to your character.

You can get the insignia's from skill nodes / final bosses / zen store.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    So this stable in the character sheet has nothing to do with the guild structure stables?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    ok but these insignias are that level ? there will be others with higher levels ? Epic ? Legendary ? or only greenbacks will drop the "easier"?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    Well, there is hope, that we might see some of the good ones in the Trade Bars Store for reasonable prices...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    hquadros said:

Another content ( implement ) you hardly managed to reach as with the legendary cursed rings!

@ejziponken there may be a cut in lifesteal taking into account this "new attribute" life steal severity. only this to justify the possibility of combo insignias for healing without becoming obsolete classes that heal.

@wildfirede only to sell key. and the opportunists to get the item --- sell it for millions of AD

lifesteal severity is already in the game. it is at 100% right now when you steal life and this can be modified by such things as the lifedrinker weapon enchant the Bear cub pet, and skills like Fighter's Recovery (GF) . I think there are some other ones as well. All this change is doing is putting a spot on the character sheet that says what your current lifesteal severity is at, just like we have with Critical severity
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    I'd assume the mounts are only the ones currently owned? I've had a couple of mounts that I've discarded (green or blue ones) due to lack of bank space. As they're in my collection will they count? Can I claim them back????? I will assume definitely not but I live in hope.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    My question is how long before they remove this from PVP too like they did for companions? Or are these staying for good? So we buy and collect then they take take them out again? Until they confirm whether these will or will not work in pvp and stay that way, this is just another money grab to build a collection.

As for the application, how can bonuses on mounts work if you're not currently riding them. Same argument goes with companions but I guess the answer is magic?
    Feedback from CM/Admin/Dev pls , i see some legit questions on a topic you posted.

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    ribbs1 said:

Wow, that's a lot of HAMSTER polishing and still only one new (returned) epic dungeon. Please elaborate on how these changes will inevitably lead to more P2W via Zen. Thank you in advance for your transparency.

Well, I've generally decided to be happy about insignias, but since ribbs poked, I'll make one cynical suggestion: lets do refinement on insignias, so we'll need more $10 coalescent wards. (When this happens, "I get to say I told you so").
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    rayrdan said:
    To what are referring? Remember people they did say there will be Insignia's that will increase speed as well. And what's with all balling for Pete sake it used to cost 1.3 mill in AD to upgrade a mount and all you got was speed. Now it's all they made it harder or I am going to have to pay money to keep up my game so I tea bag people!! WWAAAA!!!!
  • searaubersearauber Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2016

rayrdan said:
    To what are referring? Remember people they did say there will be Insignia's that will increase speed as well. And what's with all balling for Pete sake it used to cost 1.3 mill in AD to upgrade a mount and all you got was speed. Now it's all they made it harder or I am going to have to pay money to keep up my game so I tea bag people!! WWAAAA!!!!

If I'm not mistaking @rayrdan was referring to the 4% heal on immobilize which would be triggered from an HR's roots. Since encounters have a lower damage base this would in theory make it harder on HR's because HOT's affect lower damage powers more substantially than say a toon with high burst like a GF. Not to mention HR uses a ton of dot's which would also be hurt more than burst. This is also more of a post for another thread...

• jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    We'll see if it brings more of the same. Would be nice if it were not so grindy that it destroys your interest in achieving it in a normal sense, such as it is upgrading artifact weapons. I gave up and just couldn't care less anymore to spend months farm 1% chances at little 1% Peridots and 2% Lesser Refining Stones just to get ONE artifact to Blue/Rare.

Sorry Cryptic but I just don't have it in me anymore. You've sucked the life out of these progression trees with far too little rewards at the end of a tedious tunnel. I just want to have fun again.
  • helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    searauber said:

rayrdan said:

If I'm not mistaking @rayrdan was referring to the 4% heal on immobilize which would be triggered from an HR's roots. Since encounters have a lower damage base this would in theory make it harder on HR's because HOT's affect lower damage powers more substantially than say a toon with high burst like a GF. Not to mention HR uses a ton of dot's which would also be hurt more than burst. This is also more of a post for another thread...

Figures its going to nerf HR's.
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, there is hope, that we might see some of the good ones in the Trade Bars Store for reasonable prices...

Not if they get put in the Zen market. :-)
    jganth said:

We'll see if it brings more of the same. Would be nice if it were not so grindy that it destroys your interest in achieving it in a normal sense, such as it is upgrading artifact weapons. I gave up and just couldn't care less anymore to spend months farm 1% chances at little 1% Peridots and 2% Lesser Refining Stones just to get ONE artifact to Blue/Rare.

Sorry Cryptic but I just don't have it in me anymore. You've sucked the life out of these progression trees with far too little rewards at the end of a tedious tunnel. I just want to have fun again.

+1
    edited February 2016
    eldeskal said:

ribbs1 said:

Wow, that's a lot of HAMSTER polishing and still only one new (returned) epic dungeon. Please elaborate on how these changes will inevitably lead to more P2W via Zen. Thank you in advance for your transparency.

Well, I've generally decided to be happy about insignias, but since ribbs poked, I'll make one cynical suggestion: lets do refinement on insignias, so we'll need more $10 coalescent wards. (When this happens, "I get to say I told you so").
    No need, this is to encourage you to
    1) Buy mounts
    2) Buy keys or VIP

If they had not done the C-Ward/P-Ward removal from the TB store VIP would be boosted with this. Talk about horrible timing.
  • mramarodanmramarodan Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    This is too much content already... and portions are just becoming more and more useless...
    Post edited by mramarodan on
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    THIS IS SO COOL!!! :D I'm very excited for this update!
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    As a PVE-only player, I am not going to stress about Insignias at all -- although I strongly agree with people that they need to be BoA, so you can give them to the character whose mounts have the right slots.

I'm just excited about being able to ride all the green and blue mounts I've accumulated, and still be at epic speed. My only epic mount is the cheapie Stormraider Clydesdale from the Zen store, so I won't get any really cool mount powers, but that's fine. I'm doing ok in PVE without them now,
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    spend 2 hours in preview and you will realise how easy and cheap is to get mounts with the bonuses you want .