test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is VIP still worth it?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Do you realize this game is not officially 3 years old yet? And we've seen how many paradigm shifts? I can count at least 5 - mod 9 will represent the 6th (because of the mounts, and this Tbar nerf ahead of it). Each time, the previous gear/mounts/companions became significantly less valuable in end game content. For example - just a month ago purple Axebeaks were selling for nearly 4M AD on the AH (I know, I sold one!) Next month's big reveal of the new mount system will make that 4M AD seem like wasted effort to whoever I sold that mount to...again.

By the fall, there will be a mod 10, and much of what was of value in mod 8 will start getting nerfed. And don't even THINK about anything from mod 7 or before.

And so it goes.

In the case of Axbeaks, it may not. It is now close to 6M because people speculates it will be even higher in mod 9.
    Tensor's disc is 18M at the moment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

In the case of Axbeaks, it may not. It is now close to 6M because people speculates it will be even higher in mod 9.
    Tensor's disc is 18M at the moment.

Well, all epic and legendary mounts will bring useful bonuses with Mod 9. Most of the epic ones boost one stat by 2000 and the legendary ones by 4000. Tenser's Disk is different (and grossly overpowered IMO), which is why it is the most expensive one. Also, those mounts have more insignia slots than green or blue ones ... meaning more bonuses from insignia and better bonus powers for specific insignia combinations. The increase in price of purple and legendary mounts is perfectly understandable at the moment.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    yokki1 said:

lowendus said:

I'd spend real hard cash in NW if there was real content and no mind numbing repetition, I just Did a few days ago. Spent €100 on another game's preorder without even thinking about it.

Why ? Because CONTENT, Because BALANCE because I saw/heard a content manager Live talking about how they shaped the game/gameplay according to the feedback they got on the forums....went there read forums and did confirm myself in-game that they indeed balanced/implemented changes to make a game along the lines of what people suggested so that it's more enjoyable and fun to play.

In NW's case what happened is the exact opposite and it drives me insane.

Content was removed and is being reintroduced in dumbed down trivial short versions even against the player base's suggestion. Just like what happened in MOD 6....people URGED the content managers devs or whoever was monitoring feedback at that time to not go forward with the changes. We all saw what happened.

This is just insane....

I came back here after a long mod 6-7 hiatus thinking "hey! they're on a good pace with the game. It's looking like it's going to a nice direction" then came this change. then came the NEW-OLD dungeons....that are nothing like the OLD and I wouldn't dare compare them to what they used to be.

Too bad. It makes me sad and I'll miss a lot of good people/friends I made since I got back on :(

ditto on the preorder. and combat is amazingly fun there as well. no dnd world though...
    True ! ^.^ I can say the combat is equally rewarding and TBH I like that it's not "cast locked" and u actually need to pay attention to what direction you are facing and aim for it!.
    It's different, challenging and uber fun for sure. :D

As far as DnD is concerned...You lose some, you win some.
    The GFX, world and frikkin hundreds of quests will prolly make up for it xD.

Even NW has been losing its DnDiness if you may....unless it was Dungeons and Demons all along xD
    Plus....Dungeons?!?! Where?!?!? :P
  • asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    lowendus said:

This was the sole reason this whole change took place. Coals and Pres Packs gave people a very easy way to gather AD (make a few enchants every month-sell-buy more VIP) and renew.

Wards do not generate AD. They have no impact on the economy. Their prices are affected by the current economy: AD generation and AD/enchant availability. The economy was fine...

The fact that a character progresses faster doesn't mean that they can inject more AD into the game. AD generation (which wasn't altered by the removal of wards) is what defines the economy, in NW's case. The only thing they did was to slow (mostly) everyone down.

At this point, I have to ask - "who cares"?

About 20+ pages full of unique accounts who posted on the matter. These are the vocal ones. I can name quite a few more who don't use the forum.
    adinosii said:

Well, all epic and legendary mounts will bring useful bonuses with Mod 9. Most of the epic ones boost one stat by 2000 and the legendary ones by 4000. Tenser's Disk is different (and grossly overpowered IMO), which is why it is the most expensive one. Also, those mounts have more insignia slots than green or blue ones ... meaning more bonuses from insignia and better bonus powers for specific insignia combinations. The increase in price of purple and legendary mounts is perfectly understandable at the moment.

Considering RNG on mounts from lockboxes, it's safe to assume that mounts are pretty much ZEN only products. Again, pushing people towards even more paying/farming=grinding than there is now. While the rework on mounts is nice, turning to them for character progression is the equivalent of turning to ZEN Market Coalescent Wards.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    lowendus said:

Um....you guys do realize that laying out the way you still earn a months VIP without spending $$ for it (ZEN) is making this post a nice resource of what to "Fix" next or the next "balancing" of the in-game economy.

ViP = real money
    ZEN has to be bought with real money, before it can be exchanged for AD.

Which also raises the question, why are they not improving ViP, to keep the players "subscripted" and in game?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I suppose bottom line for me with vip will be if the zax is fluid, I'll keep exchanging ad for zen to buy a month's worth, if the zax goes into 500 and backlog then I'll pass.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    regenerde said:

lowendus said:

Um....you guys do realize that laying out the way you still earn a months VIP without spending $$ for it (ZEN) is making this post a nice resource of what to "Fix" next or the next "balancing" of the in-game economy.

Which also raises the question, why are they not improving ViP, to keep the players "subscripted" and in game?
    That's a very good Question my friend.
    One that only Cryptic/PWE can answer.

If they don't do sth to improve its value and make already subscribed players feel they haven't been completely ripped off, I can only assume they'll put an end to it very soon with some lame excuse along the lines of "we feel our esteemed VIP players are not getting enough value for their money" and make us cry tears of blood.

To start with, it Looks like they "upped" the Tarm Bar yield from the lockboxes.
    I've been getting no less than 10-15 per box since the change.
    Anyone else can confirm this ?
    jonkoca said:

I suppose bottom line for me with vip will be if the zax is fluid, I'll keep exchanging ad for zen to buy a month's worth, if the zax goes into 500 and backlog then I'll pass.

I hear you bruthah.
    If I continue playing at all post mod 9 or post other game launch this sunday I'm somewhere along the same path.
    I've survived this game without the VIP benefits. I'll pass too in that case
    edited February 2016
    lowendus said:

regenerde said:

lowendus said:

If they don't do sth to improve its value and make already subscribed players feel they haven't been completely ripped off, I can only assume they'll put an end to it very soon with some lame excuse along the lines of "we feel our esteemed VIP players are not getting enough value for their money" and make us cry tears of blood.

To start with, it Looks like they "upped" the Tarm Bar yield from the lockboxes.
    Not really, i opened two lockboxes recently, 1 Trade Bar with some blue box alongside it, then 6 Trade Bars and another blue box.
    I had some AD sitting around, put it into the ZAX for ZEN and bought a 20 keys pack with it, and i'm going to look a bit closer now on the TBs numbers.
    But i doubt that they have improved them... and 340 days ViP left on the clock, waiting for some real improvements on ViP.
    Want to know why?
    regenerde said:

lowendus said:

regenerde said:

lowendus said:

Not really, i opened two lockboxes recently, 1 Trade Bar with some blue box alongside it, then 6 Trade Bars and another blue box.
    I had some AD sitting around, put it into the ZAX for ZEN and bought a 20 keys pack with it, and i'm going to look a bit closer now on the TBs numbers.
    But i doubt that they have improved them... and 340 days ViP left on the clock, waiting for some real improvements on ViP.
    Oh man :( 340 days?!?!?!
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    VIP is worth it if you push for rank 12, the amount you will save on superior marks alone will pay off VIP, the dungeon keys will bring you profit if you farm dungeons on multiple characters and the lockbox keys are just the icing on the cake.
    edited February 2016
    lowendus said:

regenerde said:

lowendus said:

regenerde said:

lowendus said:

Oh man :( 340 days?!?!?!
    Yep, i went all the way up to ViP rank 12 right from the start.

Update on the TB numbers from 20 lockboxes: 3, 5, 10, 10, 5, 6, 3, 8, 4, 19, 10, 11, 7, 10, 10, 16, 6, 5, 10, 2

Which would have been at least 2 Coals with the old system, now i have to wait to get another 640 (?) Trade Bars, so that i can buy a companion and sell it...
    And the rest of the lockboxes loot were some random blue boxes again.

Anyway, i wouldn't mind seeing some usefull perks in the near future for rank 18 or even 24...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Is VIP still worth it?
    Nope
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Nevermind, just being repetitive.
  • zach#3177 zach Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Honestly I've never thought it was worth it. Some f2p games with a sub option give you things like extra character slots, bag space, race unlocks, etc . The only thing you really got with Vip was the lock box key.
    The other stuff like the mail box, invoking, & bank are already free you just have to travel to pe or iwd.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    it is already 3 years old, launched during last week of jan/1st week of feb in 2013, the anniversary is just little late, and i was in open beta and exploring, those were fun time, it got me hooked.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    regenade, i went thru samething with boxes lately, seem more of ninja'ed nerfed, i have been pulling junks and some genie gifts, nothing better than genie's since new life, i had bought keys few weeks ago before they announced Tbar nerf, not lucky enough for new pets or a horn yet.
    i were able to get 6 rubies before taken out, now i need about 10-12 more rubies for my artifact weapons to be legendary, it cost almost 200k xp a level.

i still think brilliant diamond got ninja'ed nerfed further more to the point almost never seen it dropped in ages.
    all i get was peridots and pearls (annoyed slot hog), and rarely got black opals once in 2-3 weeks.
  • mamasandygmamasandyg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    I had to laugh at the person that said "All the free ID scrolls and Epic Dungeon Keys you should ever need." Well, yeah, cause you can't DO an epic dungeon and complete it by queuing for a group. I have well over 100 keys and will probably end up discarding them because they are USELESS!
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I had to laugh at the person that said "All the free ID scrolls and Epic Dungeon Keys you should ever need." Well, yeah, cause you can't DO an epic dungeon and complete it by queuing for a group. I have well over 100 keys and will probably end up discarding them because they are USELESS!

Don't you need the key to open the chest at the end? I queue for groups all the time. Completion isn't 100% butit happens more often than not.
  • mamasandygmamasandyg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User

Don't you need the key to open the chest at the end? I queue for groups all the time. Completion isn't 100% butit happens more often than not.
    Every time I've queued up, everyone ends up leaving before the end because we can't beat even the middling challenges.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Every time I've queued up, everyone ends up leaving before the end because we can't beat even the middling challenges.
    Perhaps making a party with all the necessary components for success like tank, heals, dps, before queuing can solve this issue ?