test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please remove pre-Module 6 set bonuses before buffing the Warlock class.

defiantone99defiantone99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,634 Arc User
In an Epic Demogorgon today, a Scourge Warlock wearing the Iliyanbruen level 60 set did over 80 million damage on the Paingiver chart and left everyone else, far better geared, in the dust. If you buff SW with this set still in the game you are creating a sub-set of Warlocks that will be like gods. It is unfair to warlocks who do not have the set and can't get it and to other players who won't be able to compete with these new super-locks. The other sets for CW, DC, and GF are also being used so that teams can melt bosses in seconds. Balance of classes and content can't be accomplished with broken things like these in the game. I know some want to claim these sets are "Legacy", but I see them as game-breaking.
DEFIANT "Where Yesterday Has Been Exiled, Memory Is Rebellion." "The state of ruin is essentially a temporary situation that happens at some point, the volatile result of a change of era and the fall of empires. Ruins are a fantastic land where one no longer knows whether reality slips into a dream or whether, on the contrary, dream makes a brutal return into the most violent of realities." #ITMFA

Comments

• Options
    minaminkaminaminka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    Who care about dmg? It means nothing and give no bonus for being first.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    minaminka said:

Who care about dmg? It means nothing and give no bonus for being first.

It's about balance, not bragging rights.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

In an Epic Demogorgon today, a Scourge Warlock wearing the Iliyanbruen level 60 set did over 80 million damage on the Paingiver chart and left everyone else, far better geared, in the dust.

Well, strictly speaking, one could argue that it is the SW who is "better geared", as it is his gear that allows him to do this kind of damage, right ?

I do not have this particular set on my SW, so I have no direct interest there, but I don't have a problem with this set being in the game with its current bonuses. Like other old level 60 sets this one has certain drawbacks - in particular it does not have the Hit Points that good level 70 sets provide. That makes the wearer more "squishy" and IMO it makes the set only situationally useful.

Moreover, I expect the gear to become even less useful over time - if the game survives long enough, the level cap will be raised to 80, monsters will hit harder, and people will need better gear to survive.

I'd say, leave it - it will eventually become obsolete.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I just completely disagree. I play every class as well and I was in the process of getting the Illy set for my SW when Mod 6 went live. Of course I got only 3 of the 4 pieces. My point is im not asking to have things removed or outright nerfs to classes in which people have spent hours and possibly money progressing.

Taking things away from people and nerfing things is certainly not the way forward. Please make more meaningful suggestions.

Full disclosure- I have and use almost exclusively HV on my CW, HP on my DC and KC on my GF and I would be rightly annoyed if any of those sets were taken away from my characters.

In fact if that were to happen that just might be the signal its time to jump ship.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I think it's hard to point at the set as an isolated factor. The overall power creep and broken classes / skills greatly contribute to the fact that people can get away with wearing level 60 armor sets (again).

To me this just shows that the current capstone content isn't build for the higher item levels.
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    +new Orcus set on Sw , dmg will be from other dimension
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Why advocate taking something away? I just will never understand this kind of approach. How about suggesting better sets and/or encouraging the devs new things as opposed to directly taking things away?

Things becoming obsolete is certainly more acceptable than things just flat out being deleted? In todays age is actually less expensive to save and store data than to delete it.

How about concentrating on simply asking the devs for new content?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    You got bubble paladins preventing these SWs from taking a single point of damage. Besides the point, the damage scales off of hitpoints. These guys deal way more damage than even a couple lostmauth GWFs to things like DF dragons or heralds/tiamat.

I'm not saying the bonus should be outright removed, but have a damage cap put on it like the accursed set has to prevent such a thing from happening.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I posted this before, in a different thread.

One thing to note about the SW set though is it is only effective on single target fights otherwise the Corrupted Fire will chain off to adds and deal useless damage (note the 2 hits of 24,542 which would be damage dealt to a Paranoid Delusion or other add). Also the set has a long(ish) cooldown of 45 seconds (i believe it is) unless you are actively resetting the cooldown by dying or other methods i do not know of. The cooldown means that the boss is likely to be at lower health (like 40%) by the time the set bonus is available again and as such deal greatly reduced damage in round 2 since the set bonus is based off of current HP.

And I agree that the SW set has been in need of a nerf since mod 4 when it was released. The set has never been 'broken' per say since it does exactly what it says it does, the issue is that it becomes too powerful in certain situations. No one used the fabled set until until single target high HP bosses (heralds and tiamat) became available in mod 5. The Accursed Diabloist set would be hugely strong except that the burn is capped at 2,000 damage per tick. Putting a cap on the max damage dealt by Corrupted Fire (before buffs) would pretty much fix the set

I definitely dispute the face that it is possible to faceroll pve just if you have those items. Skill and class build and party composition matter an incredible amount. Lostmauth set on a BIS sentinal gwf will still be crappy, granted it could be a larger increase to his overall damage then it is to a destroyer but the character still isn't nearly as effective as it could be. Correct rotations matter a lot as well.

A CW who takes HV needs to know what skills to use to proc HV as well as have the ability to stay alive while using it. Same with a DC in HP. Some 2k CW/DC who is pugging eToS is probably going to die and otherwise harm the party more often then they are helpful to the party by wearing the set assuming equal skill and ilv in the party (and i am assuming poor skill).

The long and short of these old sets is that they are far more useful in the hands of skilled and highly geared players then they are in the hands of others. A DC who can't manage to heal and buff some in normal lv 70 gear is going to be an even worse player in HP since they will die far more often and heal less. Same with a CW. SW Fabled is a bit different since it deals damage based on HP, but again its effective use is limited based on skill and other gear (health is a limiting factor for me personally since i suck at playing a SW).

I feel that any party that can benefit from an old set is one that can already complete the content without any trouble and therefor the idea that these sets end the challenge of PvE content is rather silly. If the content is actually challenging people will be using lv 70 gear because surviving is better (more effective) then debuffs that no one can take advantage of because you are dead. People can use the old sets because they can already easily complete content and so now the objective is to reduce clear time and thus increase profit.

As to your comment that no one can beat a fabled SW in edemo.... really? Given the mechanics of the fabled set and how easy it is to have the set bonus messed up (chaining to a crappy add) a gwf can beat a fabled SW pretty easy.

Simply removing the old set bonuses is not going to help the game as a whole get any harder, it will just make everything take longer. longer isn't harder.

You seem to be incredibly misinformed about the SW fabled set defiantone, either that or you are just purposefully inflating things. One dreadtheft will only ever do 15% of a mob's current HP. that is all the set can do every 45 seconds. Buffs and debuffs make it do more damage but that is hardly killing the boss with one dreadtheft.

the MC set needs a HP limiter on it like the accursed diabloist set, other then that the old sets really don't have much impact on the game except to make content a bit shorter if the people using it are already geared enough
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    then why are you claiming ridiculous things like 1 dreadtheft killing a boss?
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Well, with adding old t2 sets (for transmutes) they can remove old bonuses from all old gear...
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    btbsaul40btbsaul40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    just to add some data, I saw one of these locks do 174 million damage in ECC yesterday. blackdagger lasted about 7 seconds.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    7 second lol....
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    In edemo I have seen GWFs which have done 30+ million more dmg even if the Sw wore that old set...
    Both were pretty much Bis.

the ECC boss video? Seen it with big GWF too. Maybe even faster!
  • Options

One could say the samething about the lostmuath set.

Ya, that is already on the radar, and was discussed in a past live-stream. An SW buff was mentioned in the very latest stream. There can't be an SW buff with the MC set in-game. People think GWF is overpowered, wait until they see buffed warlock in the MC set. They will eat GWF for breakfast.
    Maybe the bad GWFs.

• Options
    edited February 2016

It was just someone who did not use the set correctly. BIS does not equal skill. It only works effectively on bosses. They probably also did not know how to use TT.

lol. Don't worry! Both SW and GWf was top of their tier. With both skill and gear!

And that for "SW eats GWf for breakfast" argument! Try run some T2 instance with premade party with skill and with big GWFs and then come back to argue about nerfing Sw gears.