Install Arc
Options

Elven Battle removes Chill stacks

2»

Comments

• Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    @strumslinger @terramak

Are you guys gonna make any statements about this? One enchantment having this kinda impact on a whole class is major. Needs attention right away.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    momnipotentmomnipotent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User

In my opinion the enchantment is WAI. The effect removes SLOW, chill is a slow; therefore it will remove the status causing the control effect. nothing to be fixed.

No. Chill slows. But chill does more than that. Chill stacks is the base of any CW builds. Its a big portion of our damage since our feats and class features damage is based on the stacks.

Also chill stacks freeze but if the stacks are removed they cant actually freeze. The Elven battle is suppose to reduce the freeze effect, not remove the whole freeze.
    Lol, that a class' damage is based on status effect has nothing to do with the effect of an enchantment. U won't be able to freeze cause chill's duration aka (slow duration) is reduced, which is the exact point of elven battle. If elven battle hurts ur damage, then change ur rotation or switch to ranger class. Ranger's trapper path deals damage to control immune targets.

Elven is meant to reduce duration of control effects: stuns(freeze), slows (chill), immobilize. Elven is doing its purpose, and it is not its fault that someone's damage is based on keeping stacks of "slow". Just change ur rotation, because the enchatment is WAI.
    As a DC with an elven, I have zero trouble with CWS. I am able to move freely. This should not happen
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    CW are unable to build stacks of chill with this enchant, please re-work it to do as it is for control affect but leave in place damage affect or give some time for chill to last longer, enabling CW to actually use an entire paragon path that is useless due to this enchant. Every class has a huge advantage over CW while equipped with this enchant.
    Silverhand
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I will bring this up. If I'm understanding correctly, the interaction is actually WAI, but it's not the desired effect. This could very well be addressed in our reworking of class balance.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

I will bring this up. If I'm understanding correctly, the interaction is actually WAI, but it's not the desired effect. This could very well be addressed in our reworking of class balance.

I think the interaction could be WAI but with some overlooked effects on the damage part that chill stacks has that affects the whole class and all builds of CWs.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    xfreddoxfreddo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    i mean.. you are talking about pvp, and if i'm not wrong, if you slot elven you can't slot negation, for example. so you will be well protected against cw, but very less protected vs other dps classes. So, i think it's a choice some one should be able to do. like useing wards against cw damage is possible if you buy them in your guild shop. pvp is NOT 1 vs 1, so if i want to be protected vs cw damage and control, i have to accept that other dps classes will hurt me more. Same if i slot a negation i can expect cw would control me easy. I think you can address your resource to others game breaking class balance, instead of taking care of a WAI enchantment.
    Freddo Esarca Gelido
    - Legio Invicta guild member
    - Vermillion Alliance member
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    More like Elven protects you from TR's and CW's lol. It negates both classes. No TR will ever be able to kill my GF. No CW will ever be able to kill my GF b/c of one enchant. I think for instance for GF's the chill should stack but the freeze should be unable to take effect while blocking. Tht way he has to hold his block and maybe the stacks fall off twice as fast rather than just 1 tap and they are all gone. I also think shield on tab needs a nerf, and shield not on tab needs a buff. That way as a CW we can use Ray on tab, and I even messed around with conduit with my spell twisting CW on tab since no icy veins and it was kinda freaking fun haha. But anyway, yes I main both of them.

- Shield on tab needs toned down if CW's are gonna be given the control of chill against elvens (which they should have). If you do tweak or tone down shield on tab. I would really like the chill stacks to work on elven. Both can happen at once, but if just one happens you are HAMSTER someone.

- GF's and Pally's need to not be able to tab block once to remove all stacks. Either it is 1 stack per second of block, or maybe they fall off twice as fast or something. But seeing that fight on both ends... it's annoying from the CW's side to outplay someone, they tap block once and destroy me granted CW's can beat a lot of GF's minus the top handful.

- I also think Repel needs its CD increased, and entangle needs its choke increased. This will fix a lot of the annoying repel spamming BS that people hate. While if you increase entangles choke, CW's can stop having to use Valindra and be semi useful with bursting people down as with alll the healing now burst is the only thing that wins.

- meatball needs brought back (shard of the endless) - in its prime it was the pinnacle of what was and what wasn't a good cw. It took a LOT of skill to use, and it got nerfed for no reason at all. QQ'ing is my guess, but none of them ever tried to actually use it. either half its CD, or boost its damage a LOT. most of the CW's problems could be fixed with a weapon damage increase to save messing with each move. But their control is lackluster unless they go oppressor and deal zero damage and still elven reigns. It is a pretty freaking good class still, but since the meta is allllllllll heals, water weps, water wheel, dc capstone, insane heal pots, etc... CW's need a buff in the burst department and not have to spam ray until they freeze and then ice knife as icy veins is the only thing that makes their damage worth anything. Any CW without it is losing a TON if not nearly all of their damage. And that makes spell twisting very difficult to get any good numbers with all the elvens. okay rant over, digest that as you will.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    freshour said:

it got nerfed for no reason at all

To paraphrase the rationale, it was too strong in PvE, meaning it was the right spell to slot for all things all the time. So they made the control stronger (AoE, which is seldom applicable in PvP), and the damage so weak that it's really not worth using at all.

As far as I recall, PvP wasn't considered at all when this one got nerf sledgehammered, though it was over the protest of PvPers and PvEers alike, for different reasons.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User

freshour said:

it got nerfed for no reason at all

To paraphrase the rationale, it was too strong in PvE, meaning it was the right spell to slot for all things all the time. So they made the control stronger (AoE, which is seldom applicable in PvP), and the damage so weak that it's really not worth using at all.

As far as I recall, PvP wasn't considered at all when this one got nerf sledgehammered, though it was over the protest of PvPers and PvEers alike, for different reasons.

Man the days of the meatball wizard was the best both in PVP and PVE. The most fun in dungeons I ever had was forming a 2 man CW group with a healer and then fill in the blank. You'd go through with singularity and meatball it was like freaking bowling I LOVED it.

The other was singularity and repel on tab, you'd suck them all up and blow em off a ledge or into lava. The most fun thing about CW was the crazy things you could do with CC and terrain/environment.

Using meatball on tab and dropping it on GF/GWF's heads then rolling it back and forth was classic man and so much fun when you did it right. Using meatball put you at risk though as well, one CC and your spell was completely wasted. What made CW fun back then was that they were squishy but their CC was strong. If they owned the node you were screwed because they could level you off node and kill you before you capped.

I wish they would bring some of these elements back to the class and the environment because it's what really made CW stand out.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Just wonderin, T.elven -80% CC + race halfling -10% CC +UD boon -5% CC + TME boon -5% CC = -100% CC????

Or does it work that way??
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

In my opinion the enchantment is WAI. The effect removes SLOW, chill is a slow; therefore it will remove the status causing the control effect. nothing to be fixed.

No. Chill slows. But chill does more than that. Chill stacks is the base of any CW builds. Its a big portion of our damage since our feats and class features damage is based on the stacks.

Also chill stacks freeze but if the stacks are removed they cant actually freeze. The Elven battle is suppose to reduce the freeze effect, not remove the whole freeze.
    Lol, that a class' damage is based on status effect has nothing to do with the effect of an enchantment. U won't be able to freeze cause chill's duration aka (slow duration) is reduced, which is the exact point of elven battle. If elven battle hurts ur damage, then change ur rotation or switch to ranger class. Ranger's trapper path deals damage to control immune targets.

Elven is meant to reduce duration of control effects: stuns(freeze), slows (chill), immobilize. Elven is doing its purpose, and it is not its fault that someone's damage is based on keeping stacks of "slow". Just change ur rotation, because the enchatment is WAI.
    Youre not getting it. Chill stacks is not the effect, it causes the effect. The chill stacks is the core mechanism for a CW, you cant "switch" rotation. Chilling presence gives 8% damage PER stack up to 6 stacks. Thats 48% damage buff we lose on everyone that uses Elven.. And DOUBLE that when something is frozen. So we cant just "switch" it out. Also if chill stacks are removed faster than we can apply it, we cant EVER freeze the player wich means NO control for a CONTROL wizard.

If one chill stack causes 5% (just made up the number) slow on a player, then the Elven battle should reduce the slow on those 5%. Not removing the stack all together. If freeze last for 5 seconds, then the Elven Battle should reduce the TIME of a freeze, not the whole freeze.

As a firemage you need chillstacks to apply Smolder which again is the core mechanism for a fire mage. We have multple feats in all trees that is affected by chill stacks.
    as firemage you need just one chill to convert smolder to rimefire which is last longer than the smolder.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    ofcourse but cws are trolls going opressors or high cc build and use the elven so other cw will not freeze them( include me in trolls). cw complain about elven but cw use elven that i am seeing in pvp:)
    lf opressor with negation fight negation vs negation not opressor with elven trolls:)
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on