What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(PVE Too Easy) The Traven Speedkill Challenge:

124»

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

I am still waiting to see a higher hit than:

(It is not my hit, but its the highest hit I have seen anyone do)

I would have guessed that someone in lil's party can do better. Yep 119M is the highest hit i know of now.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    I'm so glad that I can finally build my gf for viable pve dps now!

• blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    One question about this 119mio hit...its secound phase i guess and after 119mio still bronce?
    blinxon said:

One question about this 119mio hit...its secound phase i guess and after 119mio still bronce?

If you kill the boss in 1 hit before you achieve bronze, It bugs out and gives you bronze not gold. If you 1 shot from bronze, it will only give you silver. It only advances the quest objective 1 objective at a time so whilst this pretty much shows the absolute fastest you can kill the goristro, it isn't exactly a viable farming technique.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

blinxon said:

If you kill the boss in 1 hit before you achieve bronze, It bugs out and gives you bronze not gold. If you 1 shot from bronze, it will only give you silver. It only advances the quest objective 1 objective at a time so whilst this pretty much shows the absolute fastest you can kill the goristro, it isn't exactly a viable farming technique.
    it depends, we regularly and accidentally one shot Goristro from bronze, we try to avoid doing this because of the bug. Sometimes he gives silver, but most of the time gold. I don't know why. Maybe it's because we get silver before he goes down but it happens so fast and you immediately get teleported back to base so you don't see the achievement announcements.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Thx for the explanation.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    oliboyph said:

I would have guessed that someone in lil's party can do better. Yep 119M is the highest hit i know of now.
    And its far from max - no break the spirit, no holy ground, no aa, no forgemaster flame, no aura of courage (which damage is "joined" to floating damage, iirc), no blessing of the battle, weapons of light, aura gifts power buffs - it could have been double as hard as this hit, if not more. Plus 1 more thing that, I believe, can amplify damage to whole another dimension - perhaps it was used here, but even if then not to max degree, since you need TR for that. Thats why I think there should be some cap/diminishing returns on stacking buffs/debuffs, or there will be no real endgame.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Just for the fun of it. How would we get max hit in EDemo. As far as I have seen, highest dmging single target power (one hit) are IBS or ice knife.

DD grouped with: 1. ITF GF and commanding strike, 2 DCs, one using BS empowered, one using FF empowered, one using HG (with HP set), the other AA (stacking power) and in between PoD DG. Grouped, bc ITF, power buffs from feats, FF and BS are group buffs, as far as I know.

For further buffs/ debuffs MoF Renegade HV CW, TR with wicked reminder and this debuff at-will, HR with thorn ward and commanding shot (not sure, if the name is right). OP with buff auras.

PF and terror enchant and ofc 10 lanterns.^^ Did I miss something?

BTW, this is for group dmg buff, everyone should know, how to play his own class and how to pimp it to max his effects.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    asterotg said:

Just for the fun of it. How would we get max hit in EDemo. As far as I have seen, highest dmging single target power (one hit) are IBS or ice knife.

DD grouped with: 1. ITF GF and commanding strike, 2 DCs, one using BS empowered, one using FF empowered, one using HG (with HP set), the other AA (stacking power) and in between PoD DG. Grouped, bc ITF, power buffs from feats, FF and BS are group buffs, as far as I know.

For further buffs/ debuffs MoF Renegade HV CW, TR with wicked reminder and this debuff at-will, HR with thorn ward and commanding shot (not sure, if the name is right). OP with buff auras.

BTW, this is for group dmg buff, everyone should know, how to play his own class and how to pimp it to max his effects.

You need a HR that has very accurate timing and knows how to pull off that trick above as well as a really good GWF to help him out, in addition to everything you listed.
    edited March 2016
    asterotg said:

"OP buff auras" is pretty short as for full possibilities for OP buffing. Especially ping-pong with DC power buffs + OP Aura Gifts + bonding companion - if you build OP solely around buffing (~250k+ HP + max. base power) you can get pretty impressive Aura of Courage procs and give your allies dozens of thousands of power. At a cost of relatively short bubble uptime, but who needs bubble in endgame? Also: 3 stacks of bane is another strong debuff.
    Also:
    Drow race on somebody - -10% defense (-5% damage resistance for mobs) - thats why I rerolled my TR to one.
    SW - Dark Revelry - add it to OP + DC + Bonding Companion + GF KC ping pong and the fact that is stacks between SWs, so you can fill all remaining slots with them + dreadtheft
    GF - Enhanced mark offhand feature + Crushing Pin + Tide of Iron

Ed1:
    Also add Longstriders shot for HR.

Ed2:
    Also first strike lashing blade with all TRs buffs + feats running can easily outdamage icy knife. Possibly IBS too, but the first strike in combat would need to be against <30% HP enemy which just doesnt happen. Plus, in theory, Shadow of Demise can proc for way more than any of that, but there is no enemy in game with high enough HP to soak 6s of max buffs running burst. The thing is I think there is some other tactic behind this, rather than just raw damage from the hard hitting hits.

Post edited by wentris on
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ive seen it both give gold and give silver.

Typically you hit bronze before the massive 1 hits come into play, since it takes a few seconds to roll all debuffs on gorristo.

• malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I

I cant believe! Is that a longstrider shot or a dot or is the game set to show all damage? If it is a dot or longstrider shot a hawk shot would kill 2 Goristros xD
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
    edited March 2016

I

I cant believe! Is that a longstrider shot or a dot or is the game set to show all damage? If it is a dot or longstrider shot a hawk shot would kill 2 Goristros xD
    Wild guess - Hawk shot + Goristro jump. Or another mechanic relying on distance from target + goristro jump.
    The video with the GF in it, from the other GF's perspective;

https://youtu.be/WTEXoUs9RUU