test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter NPC Idol: Round 1 (Neverwinter Commoner vs. Josef Linkletter)

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
The NPCs have come forth for judgment, anxiously awaiting their fate at the hands of the Neverwinter Community. Who will win? Who will become the rising star of Neverwinter? Who will be the favorite NPC of Neverwinter? It's up to you! This is Neverwinter NPC Idol! *cue theme song*

For a look at the complete bracket (randomized), head here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=3HQUlBjvhV

We'll update the bracket and add a new poll every day (week days) until the idol is discovered!

(This is very much just for fun. I may have been too ambitious with the amount of match-ups, but we'll see! Please keep this respectful :D)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Neverwinter NPC Idol: Round 1 (Neverwinter Commoner vs. Josef Linkletter) 74 votes

Neverwinter Commoner
45%
valwrynsockmunkeyluccameinstynctivewhitestaruakreatyvezukn75urabaskdefiantone99tvcitydarlo4ragnarrogerdtateboltzmann42rinat114freakywazzyscathiasconsustestuluhugienwnvida44 34 votes
Josef Linkletter
54%
hmdq#4491sabre10blazious11daniloslvzebularxfreddosorce#8115revjimjoneskolatmasterbeckylunaticironzerg79mute209two30tousseaurickcase276umscheduurdarkstarcrashobsiddiacushparl 40 votes

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Neverwinter Commoner
    Is this before or after the experiment? :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Josef Linkletter
    I'm pretty fond of Josef. He's a good man, loves his wife, tries to do the right thing. The Linkletters got dealt a terrible hand by fate, and I can never do their questline and the Chasm in general without thinking about how everyone who is spellscarred is facing a fate worse than death.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Neverwinter Commoner
    I feel like "Nevewinter's Next Top NPC" would suit this better. Still fun though​​
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Neverwinter Commoner
    Gota vote for the commoner. Josef is like 3 shades of stupid. What is the point in rounding up Knox and crew if you are going to abandon them and go all Rambo at the first set back?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wanted to push him off the cliff in the Chasm. The whole emo self pity act was getting a bit thick. Especially considering it was due to a problem he created himself because of his own recklessness.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Neverwinter Commoner
    You can always find a Commoner when ya need one. Josef, ya have to travels days thru monster infested chasms and sewers to find him. :#
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Neverwinter Commoner
    verdonix1 said:

I voted Linkletter.... Dude is stand up, and still fighting the good fight even when he should be on the bad side.... And I mean come on, he has a wraith for a wife!

I just looked at the brackets. I got Rhix taking it all

Tradebar Merchant is going to destroy everyone. That mustache is just too glorious.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Josef Linkletter
    urabask said:

verdonix1 said:

I voted Linkletter.... Dude is stand up, and still fighting the good fight even when he should be on the bad side.... And I mean come on, he has a wraith for a wife!

I just looked at the brackets. I got Rhix taking it all

Tradebar Merchant is going to destroy everyone. That mustache is just too glorious.
    Most of the merchants in the game have names. I think the tradebar guy even used to have a name, but I couldn't remember it and went to check, and he is nameless. That's not fair!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Josef Linkletter
    He was ready to die to avoid troubling others! Whereas the commoner dudes just keep walking into and pushing me, I'll kill 'em all if I could, they ain't no idols! :D
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Josef Linkletter
    Linkletter NO question. He is a memory of what good story line's used to be like lol. Show me a quest like his in any mod in the last year. Or Sharandar for that matter. Anyway, if you didn't say Linkletter, I'm sure there was a fair bit of RP behind it so I'll stay away, if you did.... well said :)
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Neverwinter Commoner
    Linkletter would hulk out and fall through the floor ;P
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Josef Linkletter
    I had to vote Josef -- the coda with him in the Chasm gets me every time.

But I looked over the brackets, and any tournament that doesn't include the lich in Neverdeath Graveyard or the rat vendor in the Spellburst sewers is fail.
  • Options
    Josef Linkletter

I had to vote Josef -- the coda with him in the Chasm gets me every time.

But I looked over the brackets, and any tournament that doesn't include the lich in Neverdeath Graveyard or the rat vendor in the Spellburst sewers is fail.

"That's what I call a Toover Unn special!"

Also, Tristopher Chettlebell but only because everyone wants a chance to rag on him some more.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Josef Linkletter
    One Boo to rule them all.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Neverwinter Commoner
    I reallllllllllllly hate the Linkletters and their entire storyline, the commoners are at least funny arguing with guards about fines they got or getting stuck in walls (or photobombing me).
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Neverwinter Commoner
    Must respect the sheer power of the commoners shove. Linklater is an angry emo who can't even Hulk Up without crashing through the floor.
This discussion has been closed.