test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What should we do with Cowardice and Ambush rings?

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
edited December 2015 in PvP Discussion
The addition of rings that give stealth and continually push and root your attackers is very controversial. What should be done about them?
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

What should we do with Cowardice and Ambush rings? 127 votes

Nothing, they are awesome I always wanted to be a perma stealth, perma root class without playing a TR and/or HR!
15%
lordbryan666balorinhfleeturabaskrickcase276gromm1tregenerdenipidamvekschweifer1982flehstiffernghtmare67saltalankiskropek1991trill34foxxy#4211joseluisjjcharais01bloodygeorgedicoum 20 votes
Burn them with fire! Delete them!
69%
sabre10blazious11lordsied5s1ngerandarkisrayrdanteribad15thestiagankdalf#8991mauriziobayrouxbeatannierhedgebetsand140986idontwinitskklevdbronsteinputzboy78wardenpowerssweatapodimasoliboyph 88 votes
Stronghold siege is already buggy with pets, why not leave them useful in that mess and take them out of Domi and GG?
14%
abspkolatmasterdll32exemartianmnhunterrinat114josiahiyonzokirhanothrolotcwrevovlerjesus1aenuanbluangelukltgamesttv#0999bankatushenkiluks707sommolordakkarinzehcnasbojmirspdragon99midnightflares 19 votes

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    burn them.
    and burn their users too.
    then track their cars, pick a key and write "i forgive you for your sins" on them
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Nothing, they are awesome I always wanted to be a perma stealth, perma root class without playing a TR and/or HR!

The addition of rings that give stealth and continually push and root your attackers is very controversial. What should be done about them?

Sorry those stuff are not broken out of pvp .

Finaly they made some uniq stuff now y complain .

Maybe y need to change your options in your vote .

They need to go from pvp.
    Also your vote thread is in wrong section maybe y should ask moderator to place it in PVP sub forum .

Post edited by schweifer1982 on
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Burn them, burn all the rings of fire, we need some Frodos. Anyone? Mount doom is that way... We can use mounts to get there, anyone? Hello? Ok... Just me I guess.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I realized the other day that people scattering mobs in demonic HEs might not be entirely the result of using their knock powers, but of using cowardice rings as well. That's is some trolly BS, imo.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I think ambush is kind of regular but the cowardice its not good at all!
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Stronghold siege is already buggy with pets, why not leave them useful in that mess and take them out of Domi and GG?

Finaly they made some uniq stuff now y complain .

Mybe y need to change your options in your vote .

They need to go from pvp.
    Also your vote thread is in wrong section mybe y shoud ask moderator to place it in PVP sub forum .

Maybe y should learn that I'm not only talking about PVP.
    Maybe y should not suggest what my opinion should be and I will do the same for y.
    Maybe y should learn how to type you instead of y and make yourself seem, at the least, a bit more able to speak like an adult.

imgur pics don't work

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User

Maybe y should not suggest what my opinion should be and I will do the same for y.
    Maybe y should learn how to type you instead of y and make yourself seem, at the least, a bit more able to speak like an adult.

I am sorry if you feel your self offended this was not my intention.
    Btw i wrote it from my mobile .
    Also English isnt even my second language. So sorry if y misunderstood me , but i am almost in the 40th age so learning english is hard for me with a child i dont have so much time .

But anyway i dont see what is your problem with the ambush ring?
    What is your true option about this " Broken ring"?
    Hou can somone abuse it ? I dont see it.

Also about the cowardice how will make this somone perma controller ? It dosnt make someone immortal, i dont think this ring is even helpful to any pve player in any way.

So those rings dosnt make anyone perma root class and perma stealth class at least not in pve.
    Mobs will kill any cowardice ring user they have at least 20-90% cc resist also mobs have huge CD on they at-wills& encounters so it wont help any one to survive (lets say solo) the only thing i see is the user anoy his/her Ptm.
    The only thing i find useful about the ambush ring was the mobs dont hit me down from my mount.
    In dungeons we cant escape the horde cuz , they follow from door to door and no matter what we need to kill them.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Fix them and give them a 2.5k iLvL cap to use.
    Might give low gear toons an option to survive the very bad matchmaking.

Or:

fix PvP matchmaking so we don't get 2k teams vs 3-4k teams 9 times out of 10, and burn the rings or rework them.
  • melodiezxxmelodiezxx Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Take them out burn them worst idea ever
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    There is no option for one is fine but the other is toO much.

I am fine with the ring of Ambush. I like it in both PVE and PvP.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    what does that ring do exactly/
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • kropek1991kropek1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Until class balance is just absurd
    Until GF can 2 shot me
    Until GWF is just immortal (vs CW)
    Until OP has perma buble
    Until HR can perma root people
    Until DC can tank 4 people
    Until TR can spam undodgeable Courage Breaker every 15 seconds and press 1button easy win 150k SE
    Until we have lags, sick matchmakin and ranking system, bugs etc. etc...
    As long as Devs do not fix this game and PvP...
    In this ocean of madness i voted yes- rings are fine because they are on this same game breaking lvl like others things which i wrote.
    edited December 2015

Until class balance is just absurd
    Until GF can 2 shot me
    Until GWF is just immortal (vs CW)
    Until OP has perma buble
    Until HR can perma root people
    Until DC can tank 4 people
    Until TR can spam undodgeable Courage Breaker every 15 seconds and press 1button easy win 150k SE
    Until we have lags, sick matchmakin and ranking system, bugs etc. etc...
    As long as Devs do not fix this game and PvP...
    In this ocean of madness i voted yes- rings are fine because they are on this same game breaking lvl like others things which i wrote.

Brilliant idea, vote for something buggy to compliment other issues because, gawd forbid, the devs take notice and fix something. If you're going to false vote because you're upset and flipping the game board then please... don't vote at all.

Thanks for your concerned and genuine reply.

imgur pics don't work

• kropek1991kropek1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User

the devs take notice and fix something.

Do you really believe in what you are writting?:)

edited December 2015

I am sorry if you feel your self offended this was not my intention.
    Btw i wrote it from my mobile .
    Also English isnt even my second language. So sorry if y misunderstood me , but i am almost in the 40th age so learning english is hard for me with a child i dont have so much time .

But anyway i dont see what is your problem with the ambush ring?
    Hou can somone abuse it ? I dont see it.

Also about the cowardice how will make this somone perma controller ? It dosnt make someone immortal, i dont think this ring is even helpful to any pve player in any way.

So those rings dosnt make anyone perma root class and perma stealth class at least not in pve.
    Mobs will kill any cowardice ring user they have at least 20-90% cc resist also mobs have huge CD on they at-wills& encounters so it wont help any one to survive (lets say solo) the only thing i see is the user anoy his/her Ptm.
    The only thing i find useful about the ambush ring was the mobs dont hit me down from my mount.
    In dungeons we cant escape the horde cuz , they follow from door to door and no matter what we need to kill them.

Ambush ring takes a class feature (stealth mechanic from TRs) and gives it to all classes. This is silly, it's like giving all classes unstoppable or shield or the ability to use divinity. It's just bad to break a class by giving all the classes its ability. Certain classes, particularly in PVP, are able to move and use at wills allowing perma stealth until they have their full rotation up again, this should not be so.

The cowardice ring has no internal cooldown right now, thus any time you are struck from behind you are pushing the attacker away and rooting them for the full duration as it also ignores CC resist. This will get fixed but it's still a silly mechanic. On classes that are tanky it gives them the ability to push attackers away who already have a hard enough time killing the wearer without this effect. On classes that have ranged abilities it gives them an unfair advantage against melee classes as the melee classes must be close to deal damage, thus every time they attack and are pushed the fight is unbalanced.

These are the reason I don't care for these rings, the mechanics of them are not beneficial and unbalancing. In PVE they are bad, in PVP they are terrible. Consideration should be taken to what these rings are doing in both instances to all classes and most of the long time players I've talked to hate these rings for mainly the reasons I just mentioned.

Thanks for your reply.

imgur pics don't work

edited December 2015

Do you really believe in what you are writting?:)

Yes, because I have seen the current devs respond to issues and I come here to post for just that reason, to provide helpful information and feedback in hopes that the issues discussed here will garner some attention. I would ask if you don't believe it, as it would seem by your response, why do you come here? To troll? To complain to other players? What purpose does posting here serve if not to give feedback on this game?

Thanks for your reply.

imgur pics don't work

• lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    get rid of stealth reveal rings
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
    lwedar said:

get rid of stealth reveal rings

Couldn't agree more. I should've revealed that as an option in this poll as well.

Thanks for your reply.

imgur pics don't work

Yeah they give everyone stealth and then cripple the TRs core mechanic with another ring, ain't that a BI$&#
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    I think all Ring of Ambush would need to make it reasonable and of dubious pvp merit would be to put a 30 second cooldown on steathing after exiting stealth (when you stop or are stopped). The ring is also being abused in PvE to run to the end of dungeons, no problem. I do it all the time.

At the current rate Ring of Ambush stealth it is stronger than a TRs tab ability (stealth). I do agree that unless they are going to give us rings that mimic everyone's tab ability (how about a ring of fourth CW power or ring of GF block). Then it needs to be way weaker than a TRs tab ability.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    First off I still don't understand how things like this that affect PvP so greatly in a negative way make it through quality assurance for test to live. This again, shows that the coding is put in without anyone of the people that make these things actually test it themselves (Very bad product design.).

I as a Warlock /PvP player have become helpless against a lot of people that I usually out skill and kill in PvP, due to these terrible rings.

I say if they cannot balance or fix them, they need to disable them in PvP dom and GG altogether.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
    gomok72 said:

First off I still don't understand how things like this that affect PvP so greatly in a negative way make it through quality assurance for test to live. This again, shows that the coding is put in without anyone of the people that make these things actually test it themselves (Very bad product design.).

I as a Warlock /PvP player have become helpless against a lot of people that I usually out skill and kill in PvP, due to these terrible rings.

I say if they cannot balance or fix them, they need to disable them in PvP dom and GG altogether.

+1

imgur pics don't work

• reddygo1reddygo1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Those rings needs to be removed. Some people says "come on, those rings give more gameplay to pvp", that is totally untrue, those rings just removed logic to pvp, and I can explain that in a simple example that happened to me:
    I was on a pvp with my CW, then I fight on a 1vs1 against a SW, he was wearing ambush ring, so you can understand the 1vs1 could not be possible, because was totally imposible fight against what you can't see. But there is the example, i had ambush ring on my inventory, so what if i equip my ambush ring on that fight? if that happen, no one could have seen each other, so no one of us could have kill or fight on that 1vs1, so is that logic?, the answer is not.
  • rschragerrschrager Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    First, I reject the argument 'how is it unfair, everyone can get one'. Even if you ignore the fact that they benefit different classes differently, if it's a stupid idea for one person, it doesn't become any more reasonable when we're all being stupid together.

Second, I don't see anyone here (apologies if it's here and I just missed it) complaining about one of the things that really bothers me about these rings; even more than what they actually do, the way they're triggered is severely broken. If they did less of what they did, and had a smaller chance to do it, I might be able to shrug them off, but the ones that are triggered by movement... all that's done is create a new social club of imbeciles jumping in circles at the base, refusing to leave the safety of the campfire until they're invisible.
    The people in the pc community need to spread the word to come vote these rings of or make a petition to take them off.. Soon it will hit Xbox and pvp will also die there
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    I am using those rings proudly.
    Because it's fun. Because I can.

However
    I strongly opt for removing them, BUT ALSO removing all other non–ratings ones (like perma +30% DR, anti–TR ones etc).

Warning
    Removing just those 2 rings will bring Sieging/anti–invisible rings onboard; thus never ending story. Remove ALL of them or NO ONE. Well, you remember cry about buff removing rings? Almost nobody mentioned other rings. Now, we have same situation. You'll get root/invi rings removed, but after a month you will make another topic to burn anti–invi/sieging etc. rings.

TL;DR
    If you want to remove rings, remove all of them.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Just add a tag: cant be weared in pvp.
  • bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

Just add a tag: cant be weared in pvp.

This is the best idea. "Can't be worn in PvP."
    Then PvE pugs can run around their little dungeons, with GF's popping in and out of invisibility just like the TRs, and CW's sending mobs flying all over the place with the repel rings, because of course, control wizards don't seem to control much these days anyway.
    And the PvP people, who want to play with skill and some finesse can carry on with what we have always done.
    And the PvP scrubs, who have been using the rings, can qq some more, because let's face it, most people playing with the rings need every ounce of 'help' they can get.
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well apparently you can use a known bugged ring and not get banned, but maybe you know open up 20+ parcels on your toons a day and get banned for that.

This game.

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Cowardice is stupid, even by my loose moral standards, but ambush is fine.

No idea what my toon is now.