test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What should we do with Cowardice and Ambush rings?

Comments

• lhaindeslhaindes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Burn them with fire! Delete them!
    @morenthar - Nobody in BTG is using drains, nobody.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Stronghold siege is already buggy with pets, why not leave them useful in that mess and take them out of Domi and GG?
    morenthar said:

@lhaindes

So I have been told by other members of BTG. Perhaps it was right after they came out, so I'll take your word for it about current conduct. As for the other guilds, not so much.

Again... we DON'T use drains. Nor Rings in Premades.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Stronghold siege is already buggy with pets, why not leave them useful in that mess and take them out of Domi and GG?
    morenthar said:

@tolkienbuff

I have a lot of respect for you and many in your guild. My best friend in game is in your guild. Still, there is hypocrisy in saying one person can't use all the tools available to them, earned through SEVERE guild dedication. It's one hell of a grind and outside of people purchasing bells to supplement DF runs, it's not very P2W.

Anyway, here's what I'm going to do. From this point forward, I will cease using Drains. My actions are not representative of other GB members, nor do I look down on my mates if they use them. Sure as hell we worked for all of our SH achievements.

I do this in good faith with my fellow PvP brethren, server-wide. However, I do reserve the right to change my practice in the future. Such a change will be a direct result of other player actions.

I do applaud you for this gesture man, I wish everyone would do the same. Sans rings, sans drains, I'd love to run sans pallies too tbh (but that's a different forum post XD). Thanks for putting forward a step in good faith. Hope more decide to do so as well.

Thanks again for your commentary.

imgur pics don't work

edited January 2016
    morenthar said:

Just a thought here, I appreciate any further feedback.

So this is what we come down to for the overload slots:

1. Slot drains. Most hate you and call you names.

2. Slot glyphs/other overloads and have the advantage over anyone who doesn't use drains or other overloads.

3. Slot wards plus SH boon (if available) to counter drains. Be at a disadvantage to those who use other overloads.

4. Slot nothing in overload spot and be at a disadvantage to everything but #3.

What do you all find the most tasteful route?

Out of your options 3. I only slot wards. However it's stupid that the devs put all the time into making dragon glyphs only to make them ridiculously obsolete. Drains are stupid, worst thing in the game. They take all the fun out of PVP and all the skill if you can't counter them with wards. Drains and wards ruin glyphs.

Drains say to me "I can't play my class properly so I'm going to use a poorly implemented advantage and win".

Wards say to me "I'm just wanting to play my class the way it should properly function".

Glyphs say to me "I'm a pug who doesn't have a guild I get wrekt".

None says to me "I'm a maso-chist, or a pug who can't even afford gear with overload slots, perhaps both since I Q'd for PVP".

amazingly I had to add a hyphen to make that word non offensive enough to not get censored lol

imgur pics don't work

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Burn them with fire! Delete them!
    fun fact: in this very moment the number of underdark rings are the double of the number of players doing lv 70 pvp

remove players its faster lol

seriously drains, cheese rings, paladins enough is enough. If something does not change in houses will be the only way to pvp from next mod on.

rayrdan said:

fun fact: in this very moment the number of underdark rings are the double of the number of players doing lv 70 pvp

remove players its faster lol

seriously drains, cheese rings, paladins enough is enough. If something does not change in houses will be the only way to pvp from next mod on.

In houses are most definitely the best PVP right now.

imgur pics don't work

• fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User

morenthar said:

@lhaindes

So I have been told by other members of BTG. Perhaps it was right after they came out, so I'll take your word for it about current conduct. As for the other guilds, not so much.

Again... we DON'T use drains. Nor Rings in Premades.

Notice that he says premades.

Takes every advntage in pug matches then quits if things get a little hairy.
    I will reiterate. I never NEVER use any drains or broken rings.. Period. My guild Never uses rings in premades for those who can't seem to understand my very simple wording. As I stated before, I used them once when I first got them to experiment and put them away forever. Anyone who says anything else is telling an untruth.

imgur pics don't work