What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of old dungeons, now that underdark is out the door

13»

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    dont need icewind bounty, these are also outdated and had completed awhile back then.
  • Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Do not pressure the devs, least they release a serious patch with major flaws. I believe good things come to those that wait, but if the devs really need more input from players and can seriously action on it, it would definitely be a boon for things to come.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    reposterz said:

Do not pressure the devs, least they release a serious patch with major flaws. I believe good things come to those that wait, but if the devs really need more input from players and can seriously action on it, it would definitely be a boon for things to come.

9 months are not enough time waiting for at least ONE poor little dungeon to come back?
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I actually ran and won a dungeon last night.

I ran it with my guildies

That said I really enjoy the Demon Skirms and the epic Demon skirm.

I like how you earn Icor and buy what you want

Urlord
  • Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I myself and lots of guildy's are impatient to run other Dungeons!

But we do are hoping for a party effort reward system. Most of us will only run with friends and guildy's due to those mass farmers in pug runs. The actual reward system doesnt give any chances to new players to learn and enjoy a delve by only using the queue menu, hell even old player like me with 2 char over 2,5il wont enjoy rushing at the end chest.

I know you guys been working hard on the economy and we thank you for that. But now plz help the real delvers to enjoy this game based on d&d !
  • Options
    I totally forgot the "queue" system until i read you, because i don't even waste time by random queuing. That's true, new player can't enjoy the game with this queue, and can't understand why they get kicked by pugs who wants to be with better pugs...

Guild run, friends run, zerg chan runs are the ways i use in order to success a dungeon. After more than 2 years and a half, i don't want to loose time and fail dungeon because of random pug. On the other way, this random pug, has few way to understand the game... Pretty sad in fact
  • Options
    anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    *bump*

happy new year :)

Any update for us?
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I think the devs are driving in the front seat, staring at the map and all they can hear from us is: "Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?"
    If we are not careful they may just turn round and yell "That's it we're all going back!"
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

There is one aspect about the missing dungeons not really discussed much.... What drops in them? Most people want modern drops, not drops that are out of date with current content. I think that is a lot to do with this... perhaps new gear sets? Can we hope? Options?

I don't want "mdern" drops, either. How about "post-modern" new sets, such as you suggested.
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I'd like, in time, to see a legacy list, the dungeons how they used to be, they might not get much use but it'll allow those of us that like to explore a good root around.
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited January 2016

zukn75 said:

I think the devs are driving in the front seat, staring at the map and all they can hear from us is: "Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?"
    If we are not careful they may just turn round and yell "That's it we're all going back!"

Lol you said the Devs had a Map..
    To be fair I didn't say it was the RIGHT map, or that they knew how to read it or that anyone at all had agreed upon the destination. :P
    Post edited by zukn75 on
  • Options
    When in my guild we take about karrundax, frozn hearts, and i head people say "I never ran this dungeons, i was too low level", i'm sad because these dungeons are close to be "legend"...
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I guess the issue I have that no one is taking about is that even with the future return of old dungeons we still only get HAMSTER loot off the ground if any and end chest bleak reward. No more high valued loot to bid on so how would running Pirate King be any more fruitful than a eCC or eToS other than an old different scenery? I want High Valued Items to drop, it was so exciting to bid on these item whether I won or lost the roll. So we want dungeons back, but in the RNG equipment only drops for little RAD or maybe a peridot. I think they have more to bring back than old dungeons. Again my opinion and you all have waited longer than I for the return. It seems we not only want dungeons to make a triumphant return but the old looting system as well that kept us coming back for more.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    Basically, they just want you to sell item from crappyboxes at AH. That's why finding something to sell is hard.
  • Options
    aeonetteaeonette Member Posts: 2 Arc User

There is one aspect about the missing dungeons not really discussed much.... What drops in them?

The playerbase.

I'd be fine with the same drops as the ones we have now, so long as it gets us out of this rut.
  • Options
    unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    When I started playing, I thought the dungeons were the jewels of the game, dungeons and gear sets were the reason to keep playing. Especially CN, sure, some were long, but the environments and the optional content (and the rewards) were great.

I thought there was a great balance -- for a while.

The game still looks great, and there's some new people joining lately, but I just don't seem interested in the new content, and the old content is just ... gone, guess it was the "bots'" fault.

so ... I'll log in to get another lockbox key *sigh* can't bring myself to run professions anymore not even gonna think about mastercraft.

Whatever it was that kept me playing for 3k+ hours, just doesn't seem to be there now :(

-edit-
    haha got a coal ward ... one time that would have made my week !

meh - logoff -
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I'm more than willing to be patient and wait for them to do the rework right- I only wish that the game dev team wasn't hassled so much by WoTC deadlines and pushing out substandard content. It must be really hard for them to keep up with all these demands and figure out bug fixes. I can't imagine how they are able to sift through the various bug reports and find which ones are real and which ones are just people confused about things working as intended. I'm happy that Neverwinter is free to play and I've made some great friends in this game. I guess I'll just take my time and work for the stronghold and making my toon better. I've been waiting since mod 6- whats another few months if it adds another year of interesting play to the game?

I do have to say though this whole 'heroic encounter' concept is really off putting. I'd rather do 100x one dungeon to get these motes of xyz than do heroic encounters. I am here to play with friends interactively. If I wanted to farm I'd be playing farmville xP​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    @strumslinger @yetweallfalldown Any chance we are getting some official word from you? It is now more than two month since "underdark was released"

I know, you are hesitant to reveal too much on what we might jump.
    But leaving us out and dry is not good either.

So, any word on what we might expect?

- Batman
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    anolia123 said:

@strumslinger @yetweallfalldown Any chance we are getting some official word from you? It is now more than two month since "underdark was released"

Back in October, this was addressed:
    zebular said:

zukn75 said:

Actually Zeb if you really want to be pedantic, they've NEVER said they're still working on them, they ALWAYS say "We'd like them to return." But I digress.

Exactly. We have NEVER heard there is a team currently working on them, or an ETA. Just a vague, "We want to bring them back." I am really hoping for a real unscripted response.
    I've conveyed it so many times. The last times were back in August, on the 24th and again on the 31st. Before that, I recall not only the other Mods but the Devs and CM also replying to posts about them. It was even mentioned in some live streams.
    Then Alex responded to the thread:

zukn75 said:

Actually Zeb if you really want to be pedantic, they've NEVER said they're still working on them, they ALWAYS say "We'd like them to return." But I digress.

Exactly. We have NEVER heard there is a team currently working on them, or an ETA. Just a vague, "We want to bring them back." I am really hoping for a real unscripted response.
    This is an official response that, yes, bringing back the dungeons will happen. It isn't just a want. We are going to bring them back. Can't share more details outside of that.
    Also, here's a transcript of that part of a live stream in which it was explained in more detail, or you can watch it here (start listening at the 43:00 mark).
    Sean: "I'm seeing people ask in chat about the dungeons. None of the dungeons are returning in Mod 8, but it is something that we are working on."

Lindsay: nods "It is something we're looking into, and definitely WANT to bring them back for you guys. We know that it is something we took away so we're definitely trying to get them back to you as soon as we can."

Andy: "So the reason for it, taking them away is to rebalance them?"

Lindsay: "Yeah, when we put in Module 6, we wanted to actually bring all of them up so they would be relevant to the new end games, instead of leaving them where they are so they wouldn't be obsolete. But what happened was that it was just over ambitious for us. We when we pulled them all out, we realized that we were going to have to refactor all the loot rewards for the new end game. We would have to change our level scaling and a lot of stuff that was going on there, and we just didn't have time. The ambitions we had with Strongholds and then Module 8 would require a remodel to the Wizards of the Coast's storyline, we just didn't have time to do them justice. Now we have time now so we're starting to look into those more a bit."
    A couple months ago, Goatshark stated the following in an AMA on Reddit:
    We are not bringing the dungeons back in Underdark, but they will be coming back in upcoming modules.
    Dungeon reworks are in process. I can't say too much more at this time, but look for more details during the development of our upcoming expansion.
    So, to boil it down: You probably won't be hearing about the return of the Delves until after news and blogs start appearing in regards to the next Module.
  • Options
    Hi zebular,

thank you very much for your time and effort to bring everything together.
    May I suggest your response maybe with my initial question as a sticky?
    Might help everyone who is looking for clues.

thanks again

- Batman
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    The devs got it. There's just a problem: no ETA communicated in many months.
    While I'm sure that they will be back, the game is so boring and time is non an infinite resource for players too (not only for the devs).
    Big new games are available or will published in the next few weeks.
    I've started playing one of them to alternate and to escape this sleepy game experience.
    If nothing changes shortly and drastically I will seriously review where to spend time and money.
    As a SH quest says:" time is my only enemy".

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

The devs got it. There's just a problem: no ETA communicated in many months.

While I'm sure that they will be back, the game is so boring and time is non an infinite resource for players too (not only for the devs).

Big new games are available or will published in the next few weeks.

I've started playing one of them to alternate and to escape this sleepy game experience.

If nothing changes shortly and drastically I will seriously review where to spend time and money.

As a SH quest says:" time is my only enemy".

let's be ninjas (or destroyers) together man/woman.
  • Options
    mirajanesitrimirajanesitri Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    vortican said:

daniloslv said:

I miss them too and would love to play them again.
    Players will only play the fastest and easiest content available...

If devs bring them back, they also need a loot rework or they will abandoned ghost content.

I don't see the Neverwinter player base running Castle Never, Spellplague or Dread Vault, dungeons that would take about an hour to finish, to get some seals + a couple salvageable drops.

With the current reward system we have in place today, those dungeons would not be played by this game's community.

It is a sad state, but it is the truth about Neverwinter player base.

This is true. People will run them if they can sell the loot on the auction house. Frankly, we need that activity since most of what's on the auction house that people actually buy is botted stuff. I personally like the fact that the existing dungeons don't take a damn hour to run. There's nothing wrong with fast content as long as it's fun and the rewards are worth the effort. There needs to be a good variety of content if and when they do bring them back. Folks are running Underdark because it's the newest thing. If the dungeons are all brought back at once and have decent balance and a chance at dropping loot that players want and can make decent AD, folks will run them all day long.
    actually id run them for fun of it, the loot is just exstra!!! that was the very reason i loved all the dungeons that got removed, just my opinion anyways if want ad go do dragon run, if want some fun ina away to kill time run a nice long cn dungeon with not highly geared players, its just to boring to burn mobs in a instant
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    anolia123 said:

Thats all they do is talk of what they are going to do. Since launch they have not done any of what they have said. Just pumped out more bugs in new content and nerfed everything each time they add content.
    Official word you will get nothing from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    aeonette said:

There is one aspect about the missing dungeons not really discussed much.... What drops in them?

The playerbase.
    Zing.

My concern with the recent lag issues (networking, not graphics) and discussing the hosting of the legacy dungeons is: is it currently feasible with the resources (servers/infrastructure/space) the NWO team has available?
    My gut tells me it is not.
    I've noticed a trend with these mods-- It's the same boards. HEs in IWD,DR,WoD. No playable space for the Underdark.
    It looks like trend to me, to consolidate hosting in the same domains (shards), possibly because of limited resources.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I just started leveling an alt and was kinda sad when Cloak Tower did not show up as part of the campaign path. These dungeons have been removed from the game and its been so long. All we get are Heroic Zerg Encounters. Even the new Demogorgon stuff and skirmishes are just more Heroic Encounters.

Dungeons need to come back and they need to figure out a new reward system for running them.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    strous1 said:

anolia123 said:

Thats all they do is talk of what they are going to do. Since launch they have not done any of what they have said. Just pumped out more bugs in new content and nerfed everything each time they add content.
    Official word you will get nothing from them.
    false, it took 6+ months but the actual ad generation by running content is not that bad after trasmos changes.
    add to that a change to reinforcements in a couple more months and i would not continue to blame them on the matter