test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of old dungeons, now that underdark is out the door

anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
In the Reddit AMA you said something like, new information on the old dungeons will be available, once Underdark is out the door.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/3sbneu/announcementupdate_perfect_worlds_neverwinter/cwyahe3

I know, Underdark isn't out for that long, if I may ask, what is the current state and what is planed?
Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
- Batman
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Alex is currently on vacation - and he didn't sneak me in his suitcase like he said he would. I don't currently have any updates I can share now, but in due time! Underdark is still fresh!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    Thanks Andy for the information. Maybe Alex should have bought a runic bag of Holding from the zen store before leaving ;)

At least we have a topic now, and it would be nice if Alex could answer once back from vacation.
    No need for a specific time frame but a general answer like, yes we are working on them and would like to bring back one per month or something in that line would be nice

- Batman
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    According to the last AMA on Reddit they are indeed working to bring them back, and we'll get more information as soon as they're ready to talk about the next game update.

So take heart that something is coming*, but I honestly wouldn't expect anything official to be announced until after the holidays.

*based on the Reddit AMA
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    If it's true it'll be the best thing to happen to the game in a long time.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Indeed.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Yes, but mind you. We are dealing with Vogon levels of bureaucracy. We most likely wont be getting an announcement of actual dungeons. But an announcement of a commission to investigate and report on the feasibility of considering the returning of dungeons.

That report will then need to be sent, sat on, lost, resent, analyzed and approved. Before we can get the next announcement. Actual dungeons might be sometime after that.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I can confirm that they will be coming back.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I really hope they don't butcher spellplague and CN. The whole fun about some of the dungeons were the hordes being hurled at you.

Imagine SP in today's form. The party will HAVE to focus those leaders that keep spawning the ranged skeletons.
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    My guess is that they will (in part) be returning in modified form to feed future content. I just hope the storylines from WOTC coincide with the dungeon's theme so they can return in all their glory, not relegated to a solo instance or something equally unimpressive.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Spellplague Caverns and Lair of the Pirate King were/are my favorite two delves. Looking forward to their return, indeed.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    If you read between the lines of what was said in the AMA Redit the dungeons will only return in next mod.So don't expect them back for months.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I still find it funny how people complain about "rehashed old content", but still are clamoring for the old dungeons to come back...

Sure.. bring back the old ones.. but let's add some new ones while we're at it... T2.5 (2200 ilvl), T3 (2600 ilvl), T3.5 (3k ilvl).. there are a lot of people out there complaining about how "easy" current dungeons are... please feed the masses. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    mrmcsmithysmrmcsmithys Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    They will return when enough 'older players' have left so that when they do get readded they look like 'completely new content' to all the newer players who never got to play them in the first place.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    zebular said:

Spellplague Caverns and Lair of the Pirate King were/are my favorite two delves. Looking forward to their return, indeed.

One of the coolest things about Lair of the Pirate King was all of the hidden treasure chests. I forget how many there were...5 or 6?

What can I say, I'm an exploration fiend.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

you can confirm alex will be coming back or the dungeons....
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

I haz a happy!
    dufisto said:

Okay that was funny.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    hustin1 said:

zebular said:

One of the coolest things about Lair of the Pirate King was all of the hidden treasure chests. I forget how many there were...5 or 6?

What can I say, I'm an exploration fiend.
    Indeed, I am the same, I love to explore. Spellplague also had a few hidden nooks with treasure and even a hidden boss. I still have the special summoning scroll from him that rarely dropped and is now no longer obtainable, the Scroll of Blue Fire. There a few more delves too that I like for their hidden features.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well its been so longer.. i would love to run some more sp, karru, cn, mad lair, ct, pk, idiris and the rest.

of course.. regardless, if they dont actually give us rewards for running them.. wont be much of a point!

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    dufisto said:

Knowing where Alex went on vacation, and seeing the pictures on his instagram, I'm not sure he wants to come back, lol.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Well its been so longer.. i would love to run some more sp, karru, cn, mad lair, ct, pk, idiris and the rest.

of course.. regardless, if they dont actually give us rewards for running them.. wont be much of a point!

Spellplague and Lair of the Pirate King were two that I'd always run when someone asked on either of my two main characters (CW/DC) that didn't need them, as they were the two delves that I enjoyed purely for the fun factor. I didn't care for the rewards contained there-in, I just loved those delves purely for the fun.

Rewards don't motivate me that much, it's the fun and challenging factor that motivates me, but it has to be implemented in such fashion that isn't overwhelming and those two delves did that quite well, providing fun and challenge, but not an overwhelming challenge. Although, Pirate King did get to be quite easy just before it went away. I still loved running it though. They both felt like actual D&D dungeon crawls to me, and that pure embodiment is what I find fun.

• Options
    *bump*

@yetweallfalldown

Any news on the subject?

- Batman
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User

I also want to remind the developers, that you called Mod 6 once temple of the elemental evil.[...]

They never did.

"Temple of" got attached to the "Elemental Evil" module's name due to sloppy quotation / memory-mushup muddying / wishful thinking / ...

...there is that Gygax 1st Ed. AD&D module called Temple of Elemental evil, yes, playing in the Temple of Elemental Evil on the Continent / World of Greyhawk. There is a computer game called Temple of Elemental Evil, published by Atari in the ca. 2k era, which is a well-made emulation of the Gygax AD&D module, in Greyhawk...

...but all of this has nothing to do whatsoever with Faerûn, nor with the Elemental Evil campaign - even though there's a markedly noticeable influence taken over from that, e.g. regarding the elemental cult's competence hierarchy, as well as regarding their inter-elemental rivalries.

But it's 100% lore, announcement, and naming consistent that there's no Temple.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Scott (aka Goatshark) said:
    Dungeon reworks are in process. I can't say too much more at this time, but look for more details during the development of our upcoming expansion.
    We have a number of dungeon reworks in process. More information will come out after the launch of Underdark on Tuesday (during the development of our next expansion).
    We are not bringing the dungeons back in Underdark, but they will be coming back in upcoming modules.
    Alex (aka yetweallfalldown) said:
    As Scott mentioned earlier, we'll have some additional details after we get Underdark out the door.
    So, in short: As blogs and information comes out about the next expansion, expect to hear news on the return of the reworked delves.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    zebular said:

[...]
    Alex (aka yetweallfalldown) said:

As Scott mentioned earlier, we'll have some additional details after we get Underdark out the door.
    [...]
    ...why does that strike me as probably meaning "After we get Underdark Part Two out the door"???

Hence meaning March or even April? And the DDs then not being released with it, but details about what will be released? "Module 10 - the return of the Dungeons (to complement the Dragons)!!! Coming to you this Summer!!!"

/sarcasm

I'd have loved to have seen one or two of them brought back with each module - and also the one or other novel one, interlaced with the Module's themes...

...HEs infinigrind(TM) is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.
  • Options
    I'd still love to know why the dungeon reworks are TAKING so much time. The maps are already done, the mobs are there, there is a boss. So it takes a year just to tweak some enemies!?