test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What kind of community event would you like to see?

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Let me know!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

What kind of community event would you like to see? 90 votes

Simple ones like screenshot contests or "caption its"
6%
sockmunkeykvetkreatyvenuudlzdarkstarcrashwildfirede 6 votes
Art, fiction or anything that takes creativity
6%
valwrynargroschcushparlshinlogoslokiyojosephskyrimporgy#1746 6 votes
In-game events like Hide and Seek
34%
sorce#8115xxdebbyxxtaeldornzukn75urabaskhyakusekaidanaswansoneocroosbioshrikeraksha69rickcase276vjarlregenerdea14nrgladiatoprejekpaddlefishwizardsleeves69caunsidhgromm1fexchip 31 votes
PvP tournament of sorts
26%
whitestaruasantralafaxdefiantone99tvcityvinceent1suicidalgodotarcofortep12shadows1313timepalacesolbergxtaitinhakkaajaboltzmann42reds351daryarmortalravenncanmannlxbk201xlzokirdodgovteasy 24 votes
Other (please state)
25%
hmdq#4491rifter1969beckylunaticrayrdanmagenubbiedrkbodhiarabaturmok33ghosty2atheycallmetomulooomisshadw2012bigredbrentverdonix1schweifer1982iandarkswordtorontodavemutjinninjahoofitmatthiasthehun76 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Also - Make sure that Xbox has something too! :)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Other (please state)
    Everything you can think of. I want there to be events that appeal to everyone, even if they're not all my cup of tea or things I can directly partake in.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Anything besides PvP.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I love the in-game stuff. Interacting with the community is key!
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Other (please state)
    Over a year and a half ago we had a Foundry contest that really added steam and popularity to the Foundry and it's community. Realistically, I think it would be harder to organize something similar at this time than it was in the past. I just felt it worth mentioning, since at that time the overall Community seemed eager to participate in the judging process. It was a lot of work for a previous Community Manager too, there were quite a few qualifying entries and the contest took several weeks to get through featuring all of them 4 and 5 quests at a time.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Events are welcome, but please keep in mind that players outside US time zones have a chance to participate during "normal" times.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Art, fiction or anything that takes creativity
    There are several good artists that play this game that should dual it out between them in a contest. <3

But for me, I would like to see a video contest. Could be a simple group dance to a nice storied short movie. :p

Let's see the artists shine!!! B)
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    I voted for "In-game events like Hide and Seek" simply because there can never be enough of in-game events, however, I really liked THIS event.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Any in-game events, and
    "Anything besides PvP.". +1
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Other (please state)
    None of the above really tickle my fancy, especially those events which are linked to US timings.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I'd love to see more in game events, I'd like to see them on a wider spread of times too, maybe you need to have a chat with your European community team and work something out.
    One of the problems I can see about in game events with the community team is instances, probably a lot more than the 40 people an instance can support will want to participate, making it harder to coordinate, so something like a scavenger hunt could work, as would a trivia quiz where people can answer in zone chat. Something that involved spawning NPCs would work too as a limited time quest, but that'd require either you go and spawn them in every instance or you patch it in, so, much harder.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Just no hide and seek again please, I don't know if you realized that people were even selling invites to the # where the GM's were hiding (It was somehow to be expected when with a playerbase of 5-6k players only 20 can actually participate at a given time).
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    I would like an event where everyone takes turns chopping that big tree in PE into thwacking sticks, trying to get the best one. Also all the devs are there on their toons as well. Once everyone has their +1 Stick of Thwacking all the way up to the Legendary Sundering +6 Nightmare Branch of Thwacking, the devs line up, bend over and take their medicine for making such an epic mess of things. After the last dev toon is punted over the wall, a cart will be sent out to get them and we will all sit down and discuss how we will go about fixing things..
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Great plan, but it will probably take 2 years to upgrade it from +1 to +6 if we don't buy thwacking RPs from bots/exploiters in the AH or spend 99.99$ on legendary thwacking upgrade packs with less than 1 percent chance to get coalesthwack ward from it. Ofc chance to fail the upgrade will be 99% else and if you fail anywhere from +1 to +6 you have to plant a new tree and wait for it to grow :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    I'm a simple person - and I like doing simple stuff.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Other (please state)
    Other (please state)
    I enjoy the community events that occur outside the game (retweets and such) because they give those without time to play a way to contribute. I also enjoy in game events because they give you an incentive to play (in game also being inclusive of pvp events). Honestly, just engage your community in whatever way you see fit. Just know that if the rewards aren't worth it, most people won't bother participating. We like to have fun and be rewarded (since MMOs are all about the loot).​​
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    In-game events are a great idea except it's hard to accommodate players from all time zones -- and the instancing issues.

So I voted for "simple events" because doing it on the forums means everyone can participate.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I'd love to see something like an in-game costume contest, or maybe even something like a coordinated team/guild costume event. I'd also like to humbly request that these events be run at more varied times, so people in different time zones can take part.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Other (please state)
    How about an "All of the above" option?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I want to see a PVP tournament players against Strum and the Devs. Maybe if they see the disaster PVP has become, actions will be taken to fix it.

And they can only use characters that haven't used dev magic to get gear on.

Then throw them against an absolute premade or something.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Other (please state)
    It's a D&D IP. Clearly, you need to relate it to Dungeons and Dragons.

Everyone in charge of this game should have to be involved in at least one Dungeons and Dragons tabletop roleplaying game. Have a podcast. I don't care what edition you use-basic, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, whatever-but you need community events that tie the game back into the WotC owned D&D IP or else there's no point in it being a D&D game!
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Other (please state)
    Chats with devs, so we can talk about the major isues, bugs, balance etc. so we ca have a clear answer if you're looking into them.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    PvP tournament of sorts
    I voted for the PvP contest because this should revitalize it - and thus help a lot in getting all those conqueror shards for the Barracks.

Also, hide and seek etc. are in principle nice events, but they suffer a lot from the West Coast timezone focus these tend to have... ...we Europeans either have to wreck our circadian rhythm or just skip these. :s

Also, the event I'd currently consider the greatest would be a boom-bastic Dungeon relaunch. Actually, I could even imagine to do this as a kind of playtesting, temporal access window thing - for starters...
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Other (please state)
    I have written these things down a few times, but as we say here, "Practice makes the Master" (Greetings @suicidalgodot :) ), so no problem repeating it again.

Those who know me by now, know i simply love history. All my wishes relate to it.

Events i would like to see:

1. I miss those nice events from before Mod 6, like the many CTA events (Valindra's etc.)

Also, please update the loot, seeing rank 1 and 2 enchants is mildly said odd in current Mod.

2. I would love to see a CM or a Dev to come down to us, the guilds. Not the big and wealthy ones, they don't give an accurate picture of NWO's current state. If they want to see the big picture feel free to visit us at our small/medium sized guilds, run PVE/PVP content with us.

See how one could fall into his knife by doing HEs day in and out on several, weak and broken toons with average item level. NO BiS, no Dev Magic allowed. I bet you would feel the same as we do, when we repeatedly cry for dungeons and content, not just mind boring grind of HEs.

BTW if you plan staying on HEs, at least make a bigger variety, not just the same template over and over.

Join us average PVPers, not in BiS gear or with Dev Magic. Come and see, how PVP became worse, than a kindergarten, full of 3 year old kids, all sticking out their tongues at each other (cheating and exploiting like mad). Maybe then you guys would care to overhaul the entire thing, not just introduce more trouble with hasty done patches, like the coming rings for example.

3. 24/7 present in game DM.

Nowadays a match in PVP simply needs it, but trust me it wouldn't hurt PVE either. I would bet, that many of those bots would disappear from several places in the game.

4. Have an open day and/or an open letter box, with live support and the ability to debate freely.

This can be done either by a CM/Dev or Mod, let's say for example every Friday in a closed chat room, where one could ask and get answer live and uncensored (Yes the truth sometimes is harsh and you can't describe it with nice words) or by a letter box, which would give us players the opportunity to send our problems to you guys directly, without any roadblocks and we could get an answer in a max time of 24 hours from the appropriate Dev/Mod or CM. It should have a notification window, which would be beneficial for both of us, the players (we would actually see, you guys care) and for the employer (he could see, if his staff is on the case or not).

For example, i have sent a bug considering my tons and the current Waukeen event. Now by the time CS answers me, if ever, the event will be over. Conclusion?!

Trust me, i use most of my advises on a daily basis in our manufacturing company, and it works like charm, makes my employees feel better, they know we care for them. Following a good example doesn't hurt!

Thank you!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    Other (please state)
    Hide and Seek in an instance based mapping?
    PVP event with premade queueing?
    Thinks where you need to be creative?

urgh

I am looking forward to simril/christmas event.
    It was rewarding and not annoying.
  • Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    In game events, but something a bit more imaginative than hide and seek.

I would have voted PvP, but with the absolute joke state it's in right now, the last thing we need is another way for the enormous divide between the high geared and everyone else to get even bigger.