Options

50% ZEN Store Sale --- GONE!

Comments

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    urabask said:

zibadawa said:

and when the dev's finally decide to join the discussion, you will be correct.

Has a dev ever joined the discussion on anything ever? I imagine it's like finding a needle in a haystack. A haystack that you're not even close to, nor know the location of. It's there, it's happened, but what are the odds it occurs where you want it to? Unless you count community moderators?
    There's always the reddit AMA tomorrow. If enough people ask about it they can't really ignore it.
    ...then they'll probably answer a few obvious clacquer questions with the obvious yadda-yadda "so cahllenging and satisfying job to design the new gas spore mount, completely new concept of having a mount where part of the model are above the player..." And suddenly "Well, time's up, sooooooooooo sorry, we'd have loved to answer all those minor detail wuestions, too..."

HF, folks...

...please do report, and correct me if I've been wrong.
  • Options
    draqkonisdraqkonis Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

draqkonis said:

I'd just like to add that one of the most famous business practices as well as one of the most to show actually profit is -low prices x high sales- instead of -high prices vs low sales-. You will always have more people willing to spend money if the prices are low, and even more repeat customers. This always for a stead gain of income for the company. When you price stuff as Cryptic does, you will only get a few who repeat buy, and a majority will only buy what is needed. Honestly, they could reduce the cost of everything in the Zen store by 50% on a regular basis and see a huge jump of constant, repeated purchases which would result in a steady flow of cash into the company. The cost of running the game is pure overhead cost, while the digital merchandise sold in the game is pure profit. Since it costs nothing to manufacture, the prices that they are charging is based solely on the object of pure greed.

They have to pay their workers, you know.
    Sure they need to pay their workers. Maybe you misunderstand the concept of selling more for lower prices can equal better gains as far as profit. With lower prices you can also attract new customers, not just entice those who are currently playing to buy.
  • Options
    yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Jumping in here. There was an event on the calendar. It isn't visible on the calendar anymore. I would say that being in Neverwinter around that time would be a good idea, but that's all I can say now.

Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Jumping in here. There was an event on the calendar. It isn't visible on the calendar anymore. I would say that being in Neverwinter around that time would be a good idea, but that's all I can say now.

Secrets... government.... secrets.... UGH!
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

You are going to give me a heart attack Alex! I can't take this much excitement!
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2015

• Options
    jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    was planning on blowing 60 dollars on the sale. now i will spend it on another steam game alltogether
  • Options
    shinlogoslokiyoshinlogoslokiyo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Brace yourself, sales [might be] coming.
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    zibadawa said:

ghoulz66 said:

Didn't the DEVs just recently say that they wanted to increase the communication between them and the players....?

And just look at how much you guys are talking about it! Communication: up!
    Communication between them and us.
    Not just between us...
    :worried:

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
  • Options
    nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    It's probably a case of the Osborne Effect. If marketing tells people something better is coming soon, sales of existing things drop off. Dramatically.
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

Just going to make one comment here- in the US at least the timing of that event is at a time when people are very often travelling. Having to be *IN* Neverwinter may be an issue for many people. I don't want to overinterpret the comment here.. but something to think about as admin.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Just going to make one comment here- in the US at least the timing of that event is at a time when people are very often travelling. Having to be *IN* Neverwinter may be an issue for many people. I don't want to overinterpret the comment here.. but something to think about as admin.

If it's just the Zen store sale how were you planning to make purchases if traveling got in the way? I mean I'd assume part of why they even bother with an event at that time is to keep player populations up for the people that don't do Thanksgiving (i.e. Europe, Asia, Canada etc).
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    urabask said:

...looking at Steamcharts, at least half of the peak-forming Steam-user population is European.

Or do Americans come home at 14h and power up their gaming rigs???
    Post edited by suicidalgodot on
  • Options
    edited November 2015

...looking at Steamcharts, at least half of the peak-forming Steam-user population is European.

Or do Americans get home at 14h and power up their gaming rigs???

What's your point? That's what I was saying : |

If half the player population drops off during a holiday the Europeans/etc have fewer people to play with.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

If half the player population drops off during a holiday the Europeans/etc have fewer people to play with.
    ...less than half the population seems to be in the US timezones. Or: Less players active during US peak hours than during EUR peak times = US office hours.

So Europeans probably couldn't care less.

Maybe it's done so the bots don't feel lonely...
  • Options

urabask said:

...less than half the population seems to be in the US timezones. Or: Less players active during US peak hours than during EUR peak times = US office hours.

So Europeans probably couldn't care less.

Maybe it's done so the bots don't feel lonely...
    If you look at last years numbers they lost ~20% of their peak CCUs during Thanskgiving week.

And the thing is a lot of people from the US actually have more time to play during the holiday so that's bolstering the numbers.

You're also making a lot of assumptions about when people play. 2 PM EST is actually when a lot of students get out of school on the east coast. Anyone with irregular work hours is going to play during their free time too.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Are ya'll forgetting that Zen store is available on the Gateway?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    No, just the fact that even if you can't log in to Neverwinter, you can still buy sale items using Gateway.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Maybe this will help. I popped over to preview to check the updated calendar. Being lazy here but will be black Friday and Cyber Monday, both are showing the same.

Only took one screen shot.

• Options
    cayapp said:

Maybe this will help. I popped over to preview to check the updated calendar. Being lazy here but will be black Friday and Cyber Monday, both are showing the same.

Nov 27 12 PM to 12 PM ...

Makes you wonder how much they're paying the guy that proofreads this stuff.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,301 Arc User
    urabask said:

cayapp said:

Nov 27 12 PM to 12 PM ...

Makes you wonder how much they're paying the guy that proofreads this stuff.
    HAMSTER! That is done in one nanosecond and up to 60 seconds. :wink:
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    cayapp said:

Pics, or it didn't happen :p
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    ghoulz66 said:

cayapp said:

Pics, or it didn't happen :p
    LOL...My jagger and vodka kind of got in the way of the 2nd screen shot. I have been playing NWO since close beta...events on the calendar have always been subject to change until they started...adn I assume they can change it even after it starts.

Incidentally this is a first as far as I can recall. Too bad I bluw my AD coming back after a summer break and in the process of buying a new PC.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    "Jumping in here. There was an event on the calendar. It isn't visible on the calendar anymore. I would say that being in Neverwinter around that time would be a good idea, but that's all I can say now. "

Thank you! Im making my shopping list.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    cayapp said:

well at least there's a screenshot in case things suddenly change again.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    For the people who are away during the sale (if such a sale actually exists) the gateway on my mobile device is working ok with the currently running stronghold -20% reduction (atleast it shows the reduced prices won't buy a thing from this game if they cancel the -50% sale).

I still don't get it. Can't imagine a company with even a little self respect doing something like that

Like Amazon announcing Prime Day for 3 weeks on their homepage and suddenly deny it's existence and tell you checking around the date they announced it on their homepage could be a good idea.

It's simple -
    Imagine any Company with even a bit of reputation and ask yourself - would they do that - NOPE
    Imagine random Scam/Phishing company - would they do that - YES.

So Cryptic which type of company do you want to be ? :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
This discussion has been closed.