test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

50% ZEN Store Sale --- GONE!

wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
The announced 50% sale in the event calendar was removed... GG on all naive players buying ZEN to prepare for it :)
Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I was waiting to see if this would actually happen or would the rug be pulled out from under our feet.

I am actually shocked that no one has paid enough attention to the calendar to see this is gone.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    My best bet is that the event will happen without VIPs included. Time will tell

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'm very glad I didn't buy any Zen in anticipation of this and feel sorry for the ones that did.

I'm hoping they come out and say that it's still on, but it won't surprise me if they don't. Oh well, I'd planned on spending quite a bit of money for this. If they try the old bait and switch (ie: dropping the sale to like 25%) I won't buy ANYTHING.
  • Options
    As discussed in the older thread about spending the zen sale is now listened on preview server as black Friday - cyber Monday sale. Any community manager please comment what is going on.... It is information based on a developer source not a rumor the developers change the callendar so please comment or clarify the situation YOU created.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    Yes yes, spread the rumors, let the zen price drop!

Muahahahahahaha

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options

Yes yes, spread the rumors, let the zen price drop!

Muahahahahahaha

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

Sorry, not getting the idea behind this post - The appearance of a 50% Sale in the official game calendar 2-3 Weeks ago is not a rumor. The disappearance of the said event as of today is also a fact.

If someone at Cryptic has slipped a surprise black Friday offer in the Calendar it would be the stupidest thing to just delete it and at the 25-th say "Surprise sale". Just accept the slip and confirm it with big fanfares.

If this is a new way to ante up the price of ZEN by faking % reduction in sales... that would be way too low even for a F2P game.

A official Clarification is needed.

A) - We deny that such a sale existed. - Current Status (Screenshots from many players exist that show otherwise)
    B) - Yea it was a Idea we had but we removed it. (Very unprofessional - a store would get a lawsuit if it did this)
    C) - Sorry we slipped the Black Friday info too early. (Then why remove it after it was there 2 whole weeks)
    D) - Price of ZEN was falling too low, we needed to boost it with fake advertisement.
    E) - No reply (We screwed up)

• Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I was about to buy zen for the first time in a year. Oh well....
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    Go on preview m8. Just go.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I have a feeling its still on but they dont want the zen market to get all messed up. I dont trust anything thats on preview TBH. I think we should just let the issue die. I think they removed it from the calendar as soon as someone started a thread about it here, so lets let sleeping dogs lie.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    I have a feeling they are

I have a feeling its still on but they dont want the zen market to get all messed up. I dont trust anything thats on preview TBH. I think we should just let the issue die. I think they removed it from the calendar as soon as someone started a thread about it here, so lets let sleeping dogs lie.

I have a feeling they realised putting it on the calandar so soon before the event was a big mistake, and realised that people were getting as much zen together as possible for it.

I have a feeling they are worried about people buying up 6 month VIP packages for 50% store price.

I have a feeling that if/when the event is put back on the calendar, the whole structure will be completely different, with the most desirable items having the smallest discount, while the 50% tag only applies to trash items like life scrolls & the like.

it'll be like walking into a 99c store to find everything is priced considerably higher.

Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    HORSE HAMSTER!!

Can the staff give us a statement please?
  • Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    looomis said:

HORSE HAMSTER!!

Can the staff give us a statement please?

I am interested in a statement as well.
  • Options
    melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User

I have a feeling that if/when the event is put back on the calendar, the whole structure will be completely different, with the most desirable items having the smallest discount, while the 50% tag only applies to trash items like life scrolls & the like.

As it is, I ONLY purchase VIP time if I get the 15% off coupon. I ONLY purchase keys if I get the 40% off a key coupon. When I bought a mount, I waited until I had one of the coupons for it. Same with a companion. I've never paid full price for anything in the store. And if they put out a crappy sale, I'll take the money I was going to spend on Zen and use it on something else.

• Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    It'll probably end up being 50% off dyes and blood rubies.
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    That thread about the sale was up for quite a while before the sale was removed. It could really use clarification.
    It was in the calendar for a lot longer than an "oops" should have been
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    So... basically we're all saying the Zen market is overpriced and we'd NEVER buy anything at full price?
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    We have always said that.. everyone one of us, told them time and again, how crazy their pricing is compared to other games we have played.

• Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I understand the need to profit, if the game ain't money, it'll disappear. That's fair enough. What we have here is quoting the Governor from Cool Hand Luke "What we have here is a failure to communicate"
    Once again things have gone live without the correct checks being observed. It's pretty obvious that someone just picked up the list of promotions and put them on the calendar as a weekly routine, without checking when they should put each item up.
    After the Account wide companions fiasco they promised that safeguards would be put in place and copy/paste wouldn't happen again. Yet the patch notes for Strongholds for X-Bone Strongholds launch were a copy paste of of the PC launch notes, and caused confusion as X-bone had received several changes in an earlier patch.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Well, if there's too little turnover there's different ways to increase it in a closed market like here. As we're talking virtual wares here, only the development cost - a fixed sum paid once and before launch - has to be booked on the cost side. So after break even, all turnover is pre-tax income.

- You can launch new stuff - C's way.
    - You can offer limited-time sales - C does that, too, often.
    - You can attach gimmicks to purchases - C does that too, every now and then
    - You can lower the price until more people buy...

...the last is - for unknown reasons - not on Cryptics SOP list. Or maybe a wee little with that coupon system.

Sure there's guesses - not deprecating full-price-buyers' purchase, pure stubbornness, cetacean exclusivity friendliness, ignorance, HQ orders,...
  • Options
    draqkonisdraqkonis Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I'd just like to add that one of the most famous business practices as well as one of the most to show actually profit is -low prices x high sales- instead of -high prices vs low sales-. You will always have more people willing to spend money if the prices are low, and even more repeat customers. This always for a stead gain of income for the company. When you price stuff as Cryptic does, you will only get a few who repeat buy, and a majority will only buy what is needed. Honestly, they could reduce the cost of everything in the Zen store by 50% on a regular basis and see a huge jump of constant, repeated purchases which would result in a steady flow of cash into the company. The cost of running the game is pure overhead cost, while the digital merchandise sold in the game is pure profit. Since it costs nothing to manufacture, the prices that they are charging is based solely on the object of pure greed.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    draqkonis said:

I'd just like to add that one of the most famous business practices as well as one of the most to show actually profit is -low prices x high sales- instead of -high prices vs low sales-. You will always have more people willing to spend money if the prices are low, and even more repeat customers. This always for a stead gain of income for the company. When you price stuff as Cryptic does, you will only get a few who repeat buy, and a majority will only buy what is needed. Honestly, they could reduce the cost of everything in the Zen store by 50% on a regular basis and see a huge jump of constant, repeated purchases which would result in a steady flow of cash into the company. The cost of running the game is pure overhead cost, while the digital merchandise sold in the game is pure profit. Since it costs nothing to manufacture, the prices that they are charging is based solely on the object of pure greed.

They have to pay their workers, you know.
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Any explanation from the devs ? what's that joke about ??
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Didn't the DEVs just recently say that they wanted to increase the communication between them and the players....?
  • Options
    ghoulz66 said:

Didn't the DEVs just recently say that they wanted to increase the communication between them and the players....?

And just look at how much you guys are talking about it! Communication: up!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

ghoulz66 said:

Not in the mood for cute responses with an aggravating issue.

• Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

ghoulz66 said:

and when the dev's finally decide to join the discussion, you will be correct.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options

Has a dev ever joined the discussion on anything ever? I imagine it's like finding a needle in a haystack. A haystack that you're not even close to, nor know the location of. It's there, it's happened, but what are the odds it occurs where you want it to? Unless you count community moderators?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    zibadawa said:

Has a dev ever joined the discussion on anything ever? I imagine it's like finding a needle in a haystack. A haystack that you're not even close to, nor know the location of. It's there, it's happened, but what are the odds it occurs where you want it to? Unless you count community moderators?
    There's always the reddit AMA tomorrow. If enough people ask about it they can't really ignore it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.