test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chest Bug Compensation Poll.

Comments

• Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User

So Im entitled to 2 keys a day that offers me nothing?

What kind of logic is that? The major benefit of VIP is those 2 keys. (or whatever level you have yours at. )

You're entitled to the keys, plus the other benefits of VIP. What *you* personally value is not the objective value of the VIP plan. Personally, I have like 20 keys unused because I haven't bothered to run any dungeons. Obviously, I value something else more than running the dungeons. This is beside the point. VIP does not guarantee the loot that comes from the chests which the keys open. It only guarantees the key. It also guarantees reduced fees, scrolls, teleports, mail access, and all kinds of other stuffs.

Remove the 2 keys, which the bug has done, and you effectively remove 50% or more of the value of the pack! I bought the pack for the keys and now you are saying, oh well, your not entitled to use them, just buy them. What sort of business logic are you coming from? Selling services but with no real service? Seems odd to me and a poor way to run a business in the end.

It's your opinion that 50% of the value of the pack has been removed and nobody is required to remunerate you in accordance with your opinion of value. I didn't even write anything about buying the keys; that'd be even dumber that running the dungeons when you know the chests are bugged because you'd be LOSING AD in the process. You're not losing anything by the chests being bugged. You still have the keys and they haven't been removed. The only thing you've lost is opportunity and time, which are valuable to a certain extent but are also again subjective. There are other ways to earn AD. You simply choose not to avail yourself of them. Or maybe you do and you're still complaining because you prefer running dungeons. Either way, I don't see why anyone deserves compensation from this bug as opposed to any other bug.

I have no problem with the bugs, they happen, I have a problem when I pay out of pocket for a service and its removed.

Come on. If you didn't have a problem with the bugs, you wouldn't be complaining, especially since nothing has been removed. You got exactly what you paid for. You received them. Your problem is SPECIFICALLY the bug but you're pretending as if someone reached into your wallet and stole your money. That didn't happen, so I suggest to stop pretending it did and get on earning some AD some other way.

If this broke under the old system.. (and it has many times by the way) I never complained.. because I DINT buy the items out of pocket, I just waited for it to be fixed. But they made us do this.. I didnt like it, in fact argued against it.

What?! Nobody made anyone do anything! Nobody made you buy VIP. Nobody makes you run dungeons. Nobody makes you use keys or buy keys or eat keys or do anything with keys. Maybe you don't like this "new" system... that's all it comes down to anyway. Folks are complaining because they preferred the old way of getting rich easy by farming leadership on 12384329432 characters so they never had to worry about AD. Meanwhile everyone who chose NOT to do that had to put up with ridiculous prices and a long, hard, grind just to keep up. I can see how that benefited some folks while the rest of us got stuck with the bill. Personally, I didn't care either way but now you're complaining about something basically free, and you're mad about a bug. Get over it. Bugs exist and they get fixed.

It's not the end of the world and nobody stole anything from anyone.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Double Seals and Double AD please for as long as the chests are bugged, your wasting our time here folks.
    I told you exactly what my issue is, we have gone through this at least 3-4 times in the past, Ive never even bothered posting about it from my memory.

Now I have a problem, because I paid out of pocket money for a service and its being denied.. but of course you twisted that in saying I have every right to the service, just not the product.. I have no ideal how there is a difference and I believe Im being a tad more logical here then you are.

I will argue that we paid for a service (access to the loot via the keys) and we are being denied said service on payment.

I think a fair and equitable solution to all is allow a double AD and double seals for every day its been bugged. I FAIL to see how this request isn't equitable for all parties involved.

People who paid for the companions put up a stink for months.. I will state there are many more consumers that bought VIP that probably have been outed more in terms of total dollar value then that mess was.

AS you can see, Im not asking for money back, just a appropriate "make up" for denied service.

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Double Seals and Double AD please for as long as the chests are bugged, your wasting our time here folks.
    Keys - nay. AD-rewards yay, daily Seal bags, yay. OK, Not that we oldies really need them, sure, still...

...honestly, many other companies I know would, after something resembling this weekend's bugfest, immediately launch a positive-spin-promo. Why not make it a compensatory one? "An eye for an eye"-style... ???
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    vortican said:

But you were aware of the chests being bugged. Why should Cryptic compensate something, that's your own fault? I don't get it. I'm not trying to be rude, but if something is bugged and you know it is.. then stop doing the bugged stuff and go do something else, instead.

This is too logical for folks who believe they are owed something. It's a free game, and we are entitled only to that which we paid for. If you purchased items, you are entitled to those items. If you have VIP (I have VIP too), we are entitled only to the benefits of VIP. It does NOT mean we are entitled to a bug-free experience using those benefits.

I have not run any dungeons since this bug was discovered and somehow have had plenty to do. With a double refinement weekend and an event going on, plus stronghold quests, dailies and farming, there is more than enough to do. If you're bored with that content, that's an entirely separate matter, one which the upcoming campaign will address but since the developers are actively working on the bug, all you're entitled to in that regards is perhaps an apology.
    Initially I was going to disagree with this...
    But I went through ALL VIP bonuses. The reward chest bug it does not affect ANY of the bonuses.
    It is frustrating, but it is a type of bug that affects a way of obtaining items and currencies, not the ONLY way.
    VIP and non VIP obtain the same number of seals and the same drop chances.
    Therefore, there is nothing that a VIP is losing "more" than a normal player.

Still, it is quite disappointing.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I feel it is less about what we may have lost, or what we may have possibly gained.

It is more about the powers that be admitting that they not only made a mistake, but that they feel bad about that mistake. That they are willing to make an effort to try to make it up to their players(customers).
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    abspabsp Member Posts: 22 Arc User

I lost a horn due to the bug, so I would definitely like something :)

Usually all artifacts in chest w/o reward selection menu, so if there was horn - you'll get it in any case from 1st chest, even if other rewards was displayed. ;) In most cases the horn drops from Lostmauth, also i never seen it in 2nd chest.

p.s. as for me this bug created a much bigger problem with gear resources(T2 equip) for the Stronghold. :|
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015

I told you exactly what my issue is, we have gone through this at least 3-4 times in the past, Ive never even bothered posting about it from my memory.

Now I have a problem, because I paid out of pocket money for a service and its being denied.. but of course you twisted that in saying I have every right to the service, just not the product.. I have no ideal how there is a difference and I believe Im being a tad more logical here then you are.

I will argue that we paid for a service (access to the loot via the keys) and we are being denied said service on payment.

I think a fair and equitable solution to all is allow a double AD and double seals for every day its been bugged. I FAIL to see how this request isn't equitable for all parties involved.

People who paid for the companions put up a stink for months.. I will state there are many more consumers that bought VIP that probably have been outed more in terms of total dollar value then that mess was.

AS you can see, Im not asking for money back, just a appropriate "make up" for denied service.

I see your point and understand it. However, from an objective point of view, you've been denied nothing from your vip rewards. Well, perhaps 1 or 2 keys, because you had to try before finding out the chest was bugged. That -and perhaps time, which you can't really compensate for- is all you lost really. The rest is -no offense intended- your own choice. You know the chest is bugged, so don't waste any keys but save them for a later time. You don't go sit on a bench in the park with a sign saying "wet paint" on it wearing your new Armani suit and claim compensation from the city council either. Nor would you get it. That sign is there for a reason. Deciding to sit on it anyway is your own responsibility.

That said, it would be fair to get something in return for the fact that we're unable to fully participate in the little PvE end-game this game has left. That's how most publishers deal with such problems and for good reason. It shows that problems in the game and the players are taken seriously. Furthermore it shows that the publisher wants you to play their game and takes care of you when something goes wrong. That's not only good for the players, but for Cryptic's public image as well. And it costs them nothing. Double seals would be the least they can do for the people wasting time waiting to gear up or farm. Double AD for the same period would be a nice way to say sorry.
    Cryptic should take into account that people have only so much time to play their game. So when a part of the game is broken and a customer complains they should assume that he is unable to access the game during the only time he has available to play it. Doing nothing would be akin to a retail store not handing out rainchecks and telling customers they can just come in the next day. It's just bad customer service. Cryptic and PWE don't really seem to care too much about that though.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Well A, it appears its going to be fixed.. so great!

But B, some of you totally miss the point.

PART of VIP access is the POTENTIAL to earn EVERY day AD, you cannot without VIP.. So every day I log in as a paying customer and lose out on this potential , is part of lost service.

IF I choose not to run it due to time constraints or other matters.. thats totally on me, I accept that, but when the choice is basically taken away from you, then as a paying customer, accessibility of service does come into play.

Its like netflix, I pay a sub, I expect to be able to use it anytime I so choose, other then the very rare times it maybe down (happened last year once.. for a couple hours) no big deal, but lets say for several DAYS.. I could only watch foreign dramas, because the rest of the service was corrupted.. well Wait a minute, im not paying for foreign dramas, its part of the package , but I could care less about it.. I want my regular content, I paid to watch..

Again.. its a matter of level of disruption, reasonable disruptions last a small time to paying customers.. the longer they go.. they more service reprisal should be seen to your paying customers.

In the long run its a small matter, BUT SO isnt them throwing a bone to customers and givign double AD and seals for the same time frame. .

ITS "just" a small matter to both sides. But "small" items add up over time. Its like the continued QoL requests that come down the pike.. they "add" up over time and make players happier.

Frankly, the last game I played.. anytime they had a unexpected service disruption, they gave you direct store tokens.. IM not looking for that.. but a in game equivalent "catch" up to the lost "potential" of my VIP access..

Do you see the difference? I dont know how to frame it any other way really. Some of you think its ok, because mistakes happen, Im not really upset about the mistake , if it was some random quest , or DL down for a weekend, we all understand that. I am , however a little concerned that you pay for something and a disruption of said paid service, isnt at least thought of.

• Options
    stylepilestylepile Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    I just really needed the gear in the chest to feed our stronghold mimic. But, if the other bosses would actually... you know... drop items on a more consistent basis, then that would have helped in this case.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Hey all,
    We've decided to have a 2x Seals event this weekend to compensate for the Dungeon chest issue. Thank you for your patience and thank you for helping us test the hot fix. We'll make an official announcement come Wednesday.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    stylepilestylepile Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    Nice! Thanks Strum!
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I lost over 2000 Protector /Elemental seal and 1 Horn .

After the second (bugged chest )day from our smal guild (10ppl) only 2 logged in this is discouraging.

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    xskallyxskally Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    are the chests fixed yet?
  • Options
    Further down on the Page ( "Help us test Dungeon Rewards on Owlbear"-thread ) Strumslinger wrote "It seems things are good to go. Thanks for the help! We should be pushing a fix soon." No better announcements I've noticed, but I don't look everywhere.

[No quote / easy link to "Closed" threads :^/ ]

So I'm afraid it'll be Thursday's patch...
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015

Further down on the Page ( "Help us test Dungeon Rewards on Owlbear"-thread ) Strumslinger wrote "It seems things are good to go. Thanks for the help! We should be pushing a fix soon." No better announcements I've noticed, but I don't look everywhere.

[No quote / easy link to "Closed" threads :^/ ]

So I'm afraid it'll be Thursday's patch...

Should have been fixed last night, they hotfixed it and everyone got booted for a moment. I haven't been on to verify if it's fixed or not.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1207346/we-will-be-performing-a-restart-today-11-2-at-10pm-pt

Still waiting for someone to post here and let me know that it was fixed before I close this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ...almost overlooked this... o:)

Hey all,
    We've decided to have a 2x Seals event this weekend to compensate for the Dungeon chest issue. Thank you for your patience and thank you for helping us test the hot fix. We'll make an official announcement come Wednesday.

Thanks for listening,...

..."you've performed ... acceptably" >:)
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User

Hey all,

2x seal for the weekend? so instead of 2000 normal player can gather 4000 of them? is it even worth doing event for this? what about double white pearl drop. thank you for your efforts, we should be lost without you, but this is pathetic. So many was removed and this "improvements" are hardly worth it. i would rather force devs into developing or fixing then creating this events. this is nowhere near win on player side......
  • Options
    vinceent1 said:

Hey all,

2x seal for the weekend? so instead of 2000 normal player can gather 4000 of them? is it even worth doing event for this? what about double white pearl drop. thank you for your efforts, we should be lost without you, but this is pathetic. So many was removed and this "improvements" are hardly worth it. i would rather force devs into developing or fixing then creating this events. this is nowhere near win on player side......
    Well, I think you're thinking AD (which wouldn't be really all that bad, but admittedly a wee subpar).

Seals... ...as in "of the Protector" or "of the Elements" or "Navy"... ...wait? ooops.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    should be at least double salvage event too. with double ad, many players did weekly yesterday to spend refinements during double refinements so double ad the same week should turn people into furries
  • Options
    ya.. seals do seem a little bit underwhelming.. it wasnt just seals we lost, it was also ad..

This will be my last post on the subject, what this DOES highlight is what many of us said... START working on small fixes weekly.. instead of many fixes every 2 months. Every time I see a week with no patch notes, I always question why.. there is so much to do, you couldn't bother.. with you know getting rid of character bound RP this week at least?

• Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

should be at least double salvage event too. with double ad, many players did weekly yesterday to spend refinements during double refinements so double ad the same week should turn people into furries

I think you mean furies not furries :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erinyes
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom
  • Options
    saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    While some sort of compensation would be nice... I'm afraid it's nothing more than a pipe dream.
    Remember you're talking about a company that has but a single (generic) email reply to EVERY support issue ever submitted... regardless of how much money or what items were lost/involved, that one email is always their reply.

"We apologise for the inconvenience, but there is nothing we can do to recover your [insert lost items/money here]. We will pass along your observations to the game devs [who will of course do absolutely nothing about it]."

This, sadly, is what they consider 'customer support'.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    saskdaddy said:

While some sort of compensation would be nice... I'm afraid it's nothing more than [...]

Ummm, you probably overlooked this:

Hey all,

Less than hoped for, more than nothing, fair enough compromise IMHO... :^D

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    saskdaddy said:

While some sort of compensation would be nice... I'm afraid it's nothing more than a pipe dream.
    Remember you're talking about a company that has but a single (generic) email reply to EVERY support issue ever submitted... regardless of how much money or what items were lost/involved, that one email is always their reply.

"We apologise for the inconvenience, but there is nothing we can do to recover your [insert lost items/money here]. We will pass along your observations to the game devs [who will of course do absolutely nothing about it]."

This, sadly, is what they consider 'customer support'.

Hey all,

Safe travels!

• Options
    psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User

Hey all,

Is the calendar going to be updated?
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    Cryptic.. it might be nicer weather where you live, but its getting cold here now! Fix stuff would you, I would be happy with that!
    i lost 1 greater belt of constituition, and a lostmauth neccklace, and how do i get those back?
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Hmm is all I can say. As returning player who only has bought the first month of VIP.

Let me put it this way...Me buying VIP with this bug did not change anything I got from VIP. I got my keys as stated. Yes I did run dungons and got the inventory full bug, did I lose out not in the slightest.

I stuck to running WOD Dragon runs and Tiamat. I would run dungeons cause a guild mate needed it...you play smart...I knew running a dungeon was a risk, so if I ran one I accepted it.

Asking for compensation is just stupid. Bugs come up and happen. You have to learn to deal with that and make playing decisions based on it all.

But let me state again I lost nothing by being VIP. I got my key every day, no where does it state in VIP I am entitled to get an amount of AD because I am VIP from dungeons.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    cayapp said:

Hmm is all I can say. As returning player who only has bought the first month of VIP.

Let me put it this way...Me buying VIP with this bug did not change anything I got from VIP. I got my keys as stated. Yes I did run dungons and got the inventory full bug, did I lose out not in the slightest.

I stuck to running WOD Dragon runs and Tiamat. I would run dungeons cause a guild mate needed it...you play smart...I knew running a dungeon was a risk, so if I ran one I accepted it.

Asking for compensation is just stupid. Bugs come up and happen. You have to learn to deal with that and make playing decisions based on it all.

But let me state again I lost nothing by being VIP. I got my key every day, no where does it state in VIP I am entitled to get an amount of AD because I am VIP from dungeons.

Then you clearly do not understand the principle, let me explain it to you. I do not mean this has a harsh statement, you just simply do not understand it, you should, as its a major factor in buying the package.

They sale the VIP package as getting additional keys vs buying them, so you are paying out of pocket to earn extra AD a day. Its quite simple. Some services are implied, not directly explained. When you buy something from the store, do they explain every purpose to you directly? Of course not, this is a silly argument.

If you own the VIP package and run a additional 4-5-6 dds a day(or more) vs someone who only has access to free keys, you are clearly using VIP to its full effect, its a MAJOR part of the overall value of the package.. I make somewhere in the vicinity of 50-60k on average most days above those who do not have VIP.

This discussion has been closed.