test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chest Bug Compensation Poll.

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Ive lost roughly 3-400k (if not more honestly) AD since the time frame, I just bought VIP rank 4 before this (silly me) and was super exited to have even more keys to run DD's with. Roughly 50% of my entire runs have been bugged and apparently might have lost out on a Emblem Artifact as well.

Chest Bug Compensation Poll. 79 votes

Give us back our VIP payout if we spent money.. We buy it for AD advantage thank you!
5%
rottersmistranodelle12brud2 4 votes
Double Seals and Double AD please for as long as the chests are bugged, your wasting our time here folks.
72%
ogariouscoliersorce#8115ladersilverkeltdefiantone99hyakusekaisuicidalgodotstylepileclonkyo1oliboyphbuzzardsbaitclawler22rickcase276umscheloexwelldarkstarcrashregenerdeobsiddiasilvetaz 57 votes
Meh, whatever.. I run 2 skirms a day and call it quits.
2%
quistranaarabatur 2 votes
I only PVP.. whats a chest bug? Sounds unhealthy.
2%
arksarkserksesquerofarmar007 2 votes
Cryptic.. it might be nicer weather where you live, but its getting cold here now! Fix stuff would you, I would be happy with that!
17%
zetahatatehmdq#4491katamaster81899taeldorndrkbodhishadw2012arcanjo86xaltoscaunsidhetelgrinjonkocakrymkachoofitrjc9000 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Double Seals and Double AD please for as long as the chests are bugged, your wasting our time here folks.
    During the 3 day we lost many artifacts Legendary Keys (got wrong items etc).
    We cannot loot the end chest so we lost hunderst or even 1k Protector and elemental seals .

And even in tiamat and skirmish the loot was bugged we didn't got wat was promised by the chest .

Pls do somthing we played for nothing during this 3 day "or more" .

Dubble AD and SEAL event where nice.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...but ofc we can ASK !!!

Though whether we'll GET it...
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

Double AD and Seal event would be nice.

I think this is definitely a fair request.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I lost a horn due to the bug, so I would definitely like something :)
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

You, sir, have seen enough horn drops already. No compensation for you :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    Compensation isn't a commonly used word for cryptic. So I wouldn't expect any.

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

You, sir, have seen enough horn drops already. No compensation for you :p
    But what about horn number 18...:(
  • Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User

But what about horn number 18...:(

No more horns for you, you lucky B.!^^

BTT: Count me in. Waiting for double AD all the time, don't have any more space to store items for salvage. :p
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I would not go so far to say people lost any particular loot. The bug is not getting what was shown. It's just as likely someone got a very valuable loot that was not shown by the chest. It's like getting two RNG rolls.

At worst, people lost opportunity for loot (I myself not run any more dungeons after I experienced the bug), some seals (I probably lost more seals just by forgetting to use them), and one non-free key (who would use another non-free key after that).

I agree double AD and seals would be fair compensation for the inconvenience and letdown
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    3 day for 3 day its isnt such a great deal(i think) but at least we can catch up .

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options

I would not go so far to say people lost any particular loot. The bug is not getting what was shown. [...]

No.

The bug is getting stuff, and when you click "Accept" you get NOTHING apart from a "Inventory full"-message... ...even though it isn't.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

I would not go so far to say people lost any particular loot. The bug is not getting what was shown. [...]

No.

The bug is getting stuff, and when you click "Accept" you get NOTHING apart from a "Inventory full"-message... ...even though it isn't.
    Yea, I meant that too. There's two bugs happening. First the "inventory full" bug that prevents you from getting the loot. Second, if you didn't get the first bug, then you got something completely different from what was shown. First one is enough for many people to not continue playing. Second one is more of a nuance, but you still get loot.
  • Options
    zapoluszapolus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    I remember doing many runs for my CWs High Vizer arms in Caverns of Karrundax when chests were bugged. You got the same loot every run. It took 2 months or more for it to be fixed. It was fixed on the next mod release. Total disrespect IMO to the player base.

I remember in an MMORPG I played in 2000-20005, if there was a problem like this they worked 24/7 (never did it go to that extent as it was fixed that day (patching the patch we called it)) and hot-fixed it very quickly. It baffles me to see a bug like this that pertains to loot which = player's happiness,player progression, economy etc. to be so over looked by this company. Those of you that want to defend them...It doesn't take weeks or months to find chest loot bugs, IF it does they should look for a new employees.

I'm guessing Nov 17th chest loot bug might be fixed, don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    ...well, a basic, fair, and balanced compensation method I'd deem appropriate would be a 2x Dungeon Chest Loot weekend !!!

Or even longer, depending on how long it'll take to get this sorted.

• Options
    @zapolus No need for being pissed, they will fix it in the next few days -
    zebular said:

Thanks for the reports folks. Please be aware that they are currently testing a fix on Owlbear right now and have put a call out for players to come to the special Owlbear preview server (not Mimic) to help test the fix. If all goes well, we might be able to get it pushed for an update after this weekend.

r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2015
    ...or not.

Fixing e.g. the (somewhat gamebraking and -spoiling) "Blade Run" exploit took like three or four weeks AFTER it went game-wide.

...oh the belief and trust one can see in these unspoiled naive children... :^D

• Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Not to mention AD stockpiles are down because we couldn't grab items for salvage.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Would love to have a double AD weekend to help make up for this. @ironzerg79 - can you put in a plea to Strum and the devs? *puppy dog eyes*
  • Options
    edited November 2015

...oh the belief and trust one can see in these unspoiled naive children... :^D

If there's a Santa, @Strumslinger is!

If all is good, we'll push the build after the weekend.

I believe in him, Personal Jesus! :-D
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    I would definitely like a double week on seals and ad to make up for this lost week of progression.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    But you were aware of the chests being bugged. Why should Cryptic compensate something, that's your own fault? I don't get it. I'm not trying to be rude, but if something is bugged and you know it is.. then stop doing the bugged stuff and go do something else, instead.

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

But you were aware of the chests being bugged. Why should Cryptic compensate something, that's your own fault? I don't get it. I'm not trying to be rude, but if something is bugged and you know it is.. then stop doing the bugged stuff and go do something else, instead.

I could agree with you if there was some other interesting content to run. This game needs a massive influx of content and they need to test patches and listen to the feedback.

All they seem concern with currently is draining peoples AD stores.

If I had to vote, I'd say a double seals/double AD weekend isn't a bad idea.
  • Options

One of the scarce AD sources of this game gets bugged out - and you have the temerity to construct this into a "your own fault" case????

...erm. Yeah.

Sure, probably because we didn't do enough test DD runs (pointless as no use for the rewards) on the secondary test server pre patch...

(OK, yeah, sure, let's not open the QC can of worms here...)

Basic point IMHO:

- C bugged them. Players couldn't get their goodies due to that (Daily decremental reward system, remember???).
    - A day double loot for a day no loot is IMHO fair...

...nuff said.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User

This is too logical for folks who believe they are owed something. It's a free game, and we are entitled only to that which we paid for. If you purchased items, you are entitled to those items. If you have VIP (I have VIP too), we are entitled only to the benefits of VIP. It does NOT mean we are entitled to a bug-free experience using those benefits.

I have not run any dungeons since this bug was discovered and somehow have had plenty to do. With a double refinement weekend and an event going on, plus stronghold quests, dailies and farming, there is more than enough to do. If you're bored with that content, that's an entirely separate matter, one which the upcoming campaign will address but since the developers are actively working on the bug, all you're entitled to in that regards is perhaps an apology.
  • Options
    WE are supposed to play to earn right? They again set up a system where the only true way of getting AD is running DDs with purchased vip keys.. then they break them? How is that the players fault.. what else am I supposed to be doing to earn AD? I already broke down and did the weeklies on ALL of my top 5-6 toons.. and normally I wouldnt. Ive also done 2 skirms a day on several on the last few days.. heck even brought my poor sw at 1.8k i level back into skirms to earn some AD.

So either A.. dont run any.. loss or B.. have a small chance the chests work.. still a loss.

ITS A loss either way! Its not fair to say its our fault at all.. we lose out whether we run them or not! How can you look at it that way?
  • Options
    vortican said:

This is too logical for folks who believe they are owed something. It's a free game, and we are entitled only to that which we paid for. If you purchased items, you are entitled to those items. If you have VIP (I have VIP too), we are entitled only to the benefits of VIP. It does NOT mean we are entitled to a bug-free experience using those benefits.

I have not run any dungeons since this bug was discovered and somehow have had plenty to do. With a double refinement weekend and an event going on, plus stronghold quests, dailies and farming, there is more than enough to do. If you're bored with that content, that's an entirely separate matter, one which the upcoming campaign will address but since the developers are actively working on the bug, all you're entitled to in that regards is perhaps an apology.
    So Im entitled to 2 keys a day that offers me nothing?

What kind of logic is that? The major benefit of VIP is those 2 keys. (or whatever level you have yours at. )

Remove the 2 keys, which the bug has done, and you effectively remove 50% or more of the value of the pack! I bought the pack for the keys and now you are saying, oh well, your not entitled to use them, just buy them. What sort of business logic are you coming from? Selling services but with no real service? Seems odd to me and a poor way to run a business in the end.

I have no problem with the bugs, they happen, I have a problem when I pay out of pocket for a service and its removed.

If this broke under the old system.. (and it has many times by the way) I never complained.. because I DINT buy the items out of pocket, I just waited for it to be fixed. But they made us do this.. I didnt like it, in fact argued against it.

• Options
    zapoluszapolus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2015

kisakee said:

@zapolus No need for being pissed, they will fix it in the next few days -

zebular said:

Thanks for the reports folks. Please be aware that they are currently testing a fix on Owlbear right now and have put a call out for players to come to the special Owlbear preview server (not Mimic) to help test the fix. If all goes well, we might be able to get it pushed for an update after this weekend.

I don't see anywhere in my post where I sounded remotely "pissed". I think there are other posts where the people are more upset than I am. Yes, I know they are working on it. Your post is moot.

• Options
    gabote10gabote10 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I believe double AD and double Seals event would be a fair compensation. Duration should be at the very least same as the amount of times chests have been bugged. As we all know it's not as easy as it was before to get AD, and if you add to that several days of bugged drops, it's even harder. Some sort of compensation, even if not in the form of the event we are all mentioning, should be granted to us.
This discussion has been closed.