test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Underdark Preview Patch Notes NW.55.20150930a.3

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer

New Features

Underdark Campaign
A new campaign is available as abyssal rifts are opening and spilling forth Demons all across Faerun! New Heroic encounters are available in each of the campaign zones and your guild’s stronghold. Complete campaign progress to unlock Boons and additional sources of Astral Diamonds for you and your guild’s stronghold.
Finally, travel to the new Mantol-Derith hub deep in the Underdark to gear up and prepare for a fight against Demogorgon himself.

See Blog post for more details: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9603263-developer-blog:-the-underdark-campaign

Gear Preview
This new window allows you to inspect what that item would look like when equipped. To open the window Right clicking on any item and selecting "Preview..." from your inventory or just right click any item or item link from any other UI. Gear preview even works on boxes of Fashion items!

See Blog post for more details: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9589073-developer-blog:-new-gear-preview-feature

Artifact Refinement
A new contact, the "Artifact Enthusiast" has been added to the Moonstone Mask. She answers a variety of questions about the specifics of refining artifact weapons into one another.
A new item category "Always Double Refinement" has been added. Items with this category listed on their tooltip will always grant double the normal or indicated refinement but will not be affected by double refinement events."
A new tutorial quest "Two Weapons is Better as One" has been added and will become available upon obtaining multiple artifact primary or secondary weapons.

See Blog post for more details: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9603333-developer-blog:-refining-artifact-weapons-change

Patch Notes

Classes and Balance
  • Trickster Rogue: Mocking Gesture: This feat now only works when you take the feat.
Content and Environment
  • Strongholds
  • The North Gate plot, a new expansion slot for Production Structures, is available near the graveyard.
  • There is a new PvP Structure available to build called the Underdark Spore Tower. In Stronghold Siege it generates powerful mushroom healing consumables that can be used in combat among other abilities when ranked up.
  • When your level is scaled up, you should be closer to that levels expect level of power.

Items and Economy
  • Eye of Lathander: This item is now is now Bind to Account on Pickup from the Dread Ring campaign.
  • Heroic Encounters in the stronghold may now drop grimoires equippable by companions, in addition to existing companion equipment.
  • The Gemmonger in guild strongholds now has Demon Slayer and Demon Ward marks in stock when the appropriate marketplace rank is reached.
  • Tarmalune Trade Bars are now Bound to Account and can be traded between characters with the Many Coins Account Shared Bank.
  • Terror Weapon Enhancement: Updated the text with the effect this enhancement has on NPC enemies. It reduces their damage resistance since NPCs don't have a Defense statistic to reduce.
User Interface
  • A new bag slot has been added to all characters.
  • Campaigns: Campaigns have been reordered in the campaign window. The order is now Underdark, Tyranny, Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, PvP
  • Tarmalune Trade Bars have been moved from Other Currencies to the Riches in the inventory and there is a button to open the store to spend them from anywhere.
  • The Calendar has been reworked. There is now a smaller calendar that shows the typical information and a list view to show all events for the selected day split between hourly and featured events.

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2015
    This is available on Preview now!

Also of note, the campaign is available early for testing without unlocking it, however the associated Skirmishes are not yet available.
  • Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    New bag slot - Hurray! <3
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Eye of Lathander now BoA. I love you guys! THANK YOU!
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    "Eye of Lathander: This item is now is now Bind to Account on Pickup from the Dread Ring campaign."

God, thanks for this.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    new bag slot=awesome

Now fix Hero's Feast bug, 6 months is more than enough time
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Niiiiiiiice! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    panderus said:

Tarmalune Trade Bars have been moved from Other Currencies to the Riches in the inventory and there is a button to open the store to spend them from anywhere.

I just wanted to make a quick not to clear up any confusion created by this patch note. While this is technically true, we have temporarily disabled the Tarmalune Trade Bar store on preview in anticipation of the upcoming trade bar store changes.

A blog detailing the changes is scheduled for the near future, after which point, the new trade bar store will become available on preview.

• Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    Great too see the first notes from the patch. Some good stuff here. I cant wait too see the warlock / paladin / other balance changes soon also.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    There is no new bag slot.

Existing lvl 1, never equipped Eyes are still bound to character.
  • Options
    karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    previously found eye of lathander should become bind on acc too.... I have no lack at all, and I doubt I will hunt it with my GF now, after I found it with my DC....
    Me and my wife are average players, who have 5-6 hours a week.... we cannot afford to do all tasks every day, and we are sick of it, to do same stuff every day just to get that very unique artefact....
    And we both are VIP users....
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I've manage to collect all the resources possible from my Level 10 Explorer's Guild. Every class gear profession is part of the Mastercrafting except Leatherworking. Tailoring has more resources than any other profession. I'm guessing a couple of those were meant for Leatherworking. ;)

.....and where in the MM is the Artifact Enthusiast? :|
  • Options
    Oh yeah. We can't preview weapon transmutes.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    There is not new bag slot.
    Current eye of lathander is not BoA.
    Trade bars are not listed in riches.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    May I suggest, as you are adding a new bag slot, and also because bags are now bind on equip - can you please make sure that bags do not auto-equip when purchased? Some people have been angry that the Runic Bag of Holding from the Strongholds pack has been auto-equipping (and therefore binding) to the wrong character.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    For some reason after getting the new quest: ichor and faerness, doesnt let my cleric to talk to mizrei aldarunel vendor. so i cannot complete the quest. a wizard who was next to me said she didnt have any problem
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I'd just like to alert the devs to a possible bug with the next lockbox you release.
    in the Demons of Underdark lockbox you have the artifact pack dropping the Eye of Lathander. Would you make sure that the Eye that drops from the lockbox is BoE please? because in the howling hatred lockbox you added the Blood Crystal Ravenskull and all you did was copy and paste the code and forgot to make the skull BoE (because normally it is BoP).

It really sucks to open lockbox rewards only to find out that you have bound items all of a sudden
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    My GF only has CW gear in the Underdark Store, and I'm not up for a pair of tights just yet. It is available in the Armor Dealer though.

Also the campaign shirt/pants basically kill off any use for professions at all now, not to mention those who spent thousands buying them and/or the resources to make them.

What is Underdark Mount and Companion Affinity?
    Post edited by evalira on
  • Options
    aenuanaenuan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    What about the PVP ladder, when will it work properly? Like e.g. this one which was in NCL.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCsHy_ly0HtwhAT2T3OEiowg - yt channel with some records from PVP 5v5
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Eye of Lathander: This item is now is now Bind to Account on Pickup from the Dread Ring campaign.
    Does this mean that I'll be able to transfer the extra three Eyes of Lathander in my HR's bank to another toon? I've been holding onto them for a very long time...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    heberussheberuss Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Eye of Lathander: This item is now is now Bind to Account on Pickup from the Dread Ring campaign.
    Does this mean that I'll be able to transfer the extra three Eyes of Lathander in my HR's bank to another toon? I've been holding onto them for a very long time...

I think this will apply only the new ones you drop.
    Peace and Love
  • Options
    bahadur#7505 bahadur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    evalira said:

Also the campaign shirt/pants basically kill off any use for professions at all now, not to mention those who spent thousands buying them and/or the resources to make them.

and when I saw them my first thought was "what is the point? the stats aren't as good as the craftable ones"

I won't be buying those over the crafted ones. It'd be nice if they'd give us crafting recipes to add those effects to the crafted ones.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    1) the campaign cant be tested. I get the "talk to people" quest and then soon after: " complete 5 of HAMSTER skirmishes".
    i hope there is story missing.

2) mantol derith as only underdark location feels really limitative, i dont really sense an underdark feeling even tho the location is per se fitting.

3) regardless the map i visit, the new heroic encounters seem to be only two (slaughter one and escape one)

4) VESERAB MOUNT : 33% weapon damage on encounter usage.... LETS NOT CREATE A LOSTMAUTH 2.0. This should not crit! and should strongly take into consideration how it behaves on Control wizards and warlocks encounters (icy terrain, conduit of ice, warlocks bergain, dreadtheft etc ). Absolutely needs an internal cooldown. Should not take in consideration additional source of damage bonus. Its beyond broken.

@asterdahl a couple of bugs and consideration, please take a look at that mount asap (its exploitable beyond belief)
    Post edited by rayrdan on
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

May I suggest, as you are adding a new bag slot, and also because bags are now bind on equip - can you please make sure that bags do not auto-equip when purchased? Some people have been angry that the Runic Bag of Holding from the Strongholds pack has been auto-equipping (and therefore binding) to the wrong character.

If you fill your bag slots with bag of holes you can get around this problem
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    There are 3 Demonic HEs, but more variation in them would be good. As it is they are odd and feature the same limited pool of demons advancing towards the middle...ahm that's kind of dull.

However they do appear to scale in difficulty at least correctly as more players join the HE, so that is a positive.

They are not "replayable" however.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015

evalira said:

and when I saw them my first thought was "what is the point? the stats aren't as good as the craftable ones"

I won't be buying those over the crafted ones. It'd be nice if they'd give us crafting recipes to add those effects to the crafted ones.

They're still basically free gemmed pants/shirts.
    raydrdan said:

4) VESERAB MOUNT : 33% weapon damage on encounter usage.... LETS NOT CREATE A LOSTMAUTH 2.0. This should not crit! and should strongly take into consideration how it behaves on Control wizards and warlocks encounters (icy terrain, conduit of ice, warlocks bergain, dreadtheft etc ). Absolutely needs an internal cooldown. Should not take in consideration additional source of damage bonus. Its beyond broken.

If they're going to make changes for PvP they should use a similar template to what they did for the Dusk armor.
    If they can make a set bonus have no effect in Stronghold PvP they should be able to have a mount bonus do something different in PvP.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    mistranmistran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Tried to gfet started, but after accepting the quest for teh skirmish i got stuck, couldn't find where to start it. Anyone any ideas?
  • Options
    The skirmish is not yet live.
  • Options
    adynataadynata Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hello :)

Loving the new zone quests that allow me to progress a bit further every day with all the campaigns by doing a few HEs, just raising a point there:
    SHARANDAR (excuse the liberal use of caps to make a point). Why is it that Sharandar got no love at all? Those Feywild sparks are so sparse and so needed (by doing every quest every day, you still need more than 55 days to finish it, and this is counting the old campaign invocation coffre), so please please consider having similar quests for Sharandar as well.
    Apart from the Tyranny campaign (or should I say Rise of Tiamat, maybe? Those 80 Linu's...), it's the longest and unbalanced one.

Also, will you be considering updating the old Mounts? I'd love to get a Stag for my HR but what's the point of spending thousands of Keys in an old lockbox when this new mounts "2.0" are just so much more and so much better?

On the Feywild lockbox note, could we take a look at planar Idols please? Since we can't redeem them anymore anywhere, it seems like a moot drop?

Thank you, so far the new content looks really really good :D
This discussion has been closed.