test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Siege is failing. Please devs, do something.

mark88arsitekmark88arsitek Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited October 2015 in PvP Discussion
i see no one is queue for siege anymore, its like hours hours to queue to get one.
what happend DEV? its like only around 2 month and the SIEGE SH is failing already.
your concept of siege must be change or do something about it.!
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    it has not even been 2 months with siege, more like 3 weeks. a one big reason is that it is sooooo laggy in siege it is nearly impossible play
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    true.
    pple wgo get their set wont queue anymore for long n laggy pvp.
    some more with stamina drain bug. and node immune trick, just use perma tr or dc full def heal spec
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    If they improve the lag and add some good incentive (ADs like in PvP dom) people will queue for it again. Otherwise people will just get the gear and be done. Siege is a good place for point-based reward incentives.

ps. Some dye packs in the SH vendor store that can be bought with banners are not a big incentive. Many people dont even know about that.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    1) change servers and reduce the lag
    2) remove companions
    3) double vouchers
    4) you have to q at least in 5 of the same guild
    5) ADs as reward like every other pvp, maybe doubled since each game lasts 30m +
    6) reduce invisible walls around depots, i always get stuck in there with my tr.
    7) fix the depots and catapults bug.

perfect
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    no difference for me. no que during european day. 10 max minutes waiting around evening and night...
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

no difference for me. no que during european day. 10 max minutes waiting around evening and night...

i know right? i ended up paying keys for my tr...no q pops before 30 minutes

• Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    Reduce the size of the map and some problems are solved.
    This is a management's mistake, always need to go bigger -.-

I played 1 match so far ;)
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I think GG , DOM and SHS should all have their own seperate AD boosts. 2-2.5k each for 2 matches then the normal amount on top up to 4.8k or whatever it is.. Since dungeons and Skirmishes currently can give way more RAD than Doing PVP's can (especially when you include the salvagable gear) . there should be a fair balance between it.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    ermergawrditsflyermergawrditsfly Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    looomis said:

The map size was one of the most commented on issues during there fake "player alpha test". Everyone said it was too big. They ignored it and launched as is and siege failed.

At this point, im just sitting back enjoying the deteriorating state of this game. Its a great "I told you so" to the devs. Why waste time shouting at the wall. The devs wont listen anyways.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

1) change servers and reduce the lag
    2) remove companions
    3) double vouchers
    4) you have to q at least in 5 of the same guild
    5) ADs as reward like every other pvp, maybe doubled since each game lasts 30m +
    6) reduce invisible walls around depots, i always get stuck in there with my tr.
    7) fix the depots and catapults bug.

perfect

and u forgot to list:
    Remove drain ap stamina ward and marks. few people playing pvp overall due to this.
  • Options
    cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I think most folks in PVP guilds already gotten the full Lionsmane set for their main toon. If they are still playing Siege, it's only to gear up their alternates or to help other guildies who may not have gotten the full set.

I presume the numbers will dwindle further once these alternates are geared as well (with Lionsmane set). There just ain't sufficient solo pugs to fill 40 spots to kick start Siege PVP.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    3 won SH matches more, and HAMSTER off full of DCs healing catapult and overpowered Paladins staying on nodes, perma stun koka/crab/bugged trapper/ uber lagg fest.

ryo

Mod edit - do not attempt to circumvent the swear censor. Thanks.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Even long time PvPers who are in PvP guilds are sick of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They want competition and will not get it as long as there are some players who don't have the ability to get what they have. Some of them have seen the writing on the wall... and refuse... the only ones left are those that like to abuse others... for fun.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    timeforsquishingtimeforsquishing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    Agree with above. Only griefers left.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I think the siege pvp is alot more fun than the other PvP maps, has mostly been competitive. I stopped playing when i started encountering drain glyphs though, and only started again when i had access to the wards, but it was dead by that time.

general pvp balancing needs to be addressed to make any form of pvp active again. You say theres hardly anyone doing siege? theres hardly anyone doing any pvp in general if you compare those numbers to the rest of the players its probably only 1-5%. And bear in mind that the majority of these people doing the pvp are just in it for the daily tokens/seal.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    so basically fail because:
    - Stamina drain is not fair to some class. bc some class don't use stamina at all. and the system of stamina drain ward is not good.
    - LAG
    - too big the map
    - node immune with need only 1 super DC or TR or pally or gwf.
    - 90% full set lionmane player wont queue anymore.
    - pug player wont stand a chance. ( I see 7 player attacking 1 dc bis, its like attacking dummy who cant be kill , hp is always full )
    - small guild having hard time in siege.
    - no AD at siege.
    - toooo longggggg sometimes last more than 1 hour.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

looomis said:

The map size was one of the most commented on issues during there fake "player alpha test". Everyone said it was too big. They ignored it and launched as is and siege failed.

At this point, im just sitting back enjoying the deteriorating state of this game. Its a great "I told you so" to the devs. Why waste time shouting at the wall. The devs wont listen anyways.
    do you think they cares? they follow schedule that next module must be sieging. Many devs know its waste of time and resources and it will not be populated, but nobody bang the table with fist and say stop this stupidity. So we have module nobody wants and nobody care, almost nobody play. lets forget....

• Options
    drkbodhi said:

Even long time PvPers who are in PvP guilds are sick of the HAMSTER. They want competition and will not get it as long as there are some players who don't have the ability to get what they have. Some of them have seen the writing on the wall... and refuse... the only ones left are those that like to abuse others... for fun.​​

i see that too, manys que as solo and play against his guildies. but still there are manys semipvp guilds who premade all the time, make everyone pissed. So i wanna say - wake up, grow up, strongest guilds go less premading, do it too. looks like antipremade education is somehow successfull

• Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Definetelly. Making premades in this lagfest is lame. You know what guild called theirself "pve guild" is making premades consists of 5 OP or 5 DC's. Really? And such a morons expect "gg" after fight?

get a life ;)
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Bugging nodes on all 3 lines after they know they lost to bug the whole instance and grant no rewards to nobody was even worse. I won't call the guild by name, everybody knows those "PvE" ***** ****** … more stars … ***** ****** ******.
  • Options

Bugging nodes on all 3 lines after they know they lost to bug the whole instance and grant no rewards to nobody was even worse. I won't call the guild by name, everybody knows those "PvE" ***** ****** … more stars … ***** ****** ******.

are you kidding me? dont hesitate naming . if something like this happen to me OMG
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    i think the real question should be this: how the F all those players or guilds find all these bugs?!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    1 hour for 1 banner if you're lucky in which case you'll likely lose horribly and get nothing. Cost 32 for the chest piece alone. Well of course siege has failed cause the small people aren't going to endure BS like that.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Siege PvP is a very good and interesting concept, the idea of mixing PvP and PvE, objectives and the strategic complexity and depth of the mode is absolutely the best we've seen in this game since launch.

Too bad that, like many things in this game, it was poorly implemented.
    Lag alone is enough to make the mode semi-unplayable, taking away most of the fun.

But, if that's not enough, you can add:

-points that bug out and you cannot cap them back, potentially blocking all the supply routes, again, making it impossible to continue the siege

-immortal Paladins being able to basically lock the nodes just backcapping them forever. They changed the capping rules in GG-Domination to prevent this but somehow in Siege PvP they used the old capping mode, allowing the trolling 5 OP compositions mentioned above, where basically a team caps a point and places 1 Paladin on it, locking it down.

-distances to travel are long, an increased speed of the mounts would be nice cause you spend a big portion of the match travelling from one place to another (not fun).

Just need 5 Paladins specced and geared in the right way. May be with few players as occasional backup while the others build the catapults and destroy the enemy SH.

Can counter in few ways but you need a considerable amount of geared PvPers (focus the catapults, prevent enemy from building them and try to make the dragon attack the enemy if you can, sending a team to kill the golems).

If somehow they get rid of the horrible lag to make it playable, and fix the bugs and exploitable stuff, the game mode itself got potential.
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Deleted- By me
  • Options
    @pando83 . its not paladin that most headache to immune the node. pally now is easy to kill. the hardest is from DC and TR. they just can run and back in if in trouble. especially TR with their perma stealth. his pressence without being seen make the node immune.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I actually find SH PvP pretty fun, if they can fix the lag, class balance and broken node immune mechanics that would be good...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    The LAG is stealing the fun of it,
    currently i only doing GG-Pvp the funniest for me.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●