test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm frustrated, discouraged and getting burnt out.. No costing changes = getting tired of game.

12346»

Comments

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Stop talking about Leadership, it's gone and there will be now AD from it period...

Leadership is not an issue, The issue is high costs of many things and the total boredom encountered on each step of the game.
    You log on, and do same stupid dungeons (sorry don't want to scare them or else we're left with only glorious HE's) over and over.
    After a while you realize that running those dungs with a OP is almost cheating because you're permanently immortal - woha fun times right?
    Than after you finish the run you take your "hard earned" 3k RAD and log off.

This game man...

Looking at preview, all I see is boon grind, and another batch of HE's (saw them in WOD and this is just too much for me...) Demosomething fight, and 2 skirms? oh yeah, the dungeons are still canned.

If I could ask one thing, one thing...I would ask "Why" what was the reason to take off the dungeons? All I heard was "so they can be reworked" reworked HOW? what was wrong? they just won't answer, they don't give a damn.

I really don't want to judge early, I'm really trying to wait it out.
    But as it is now, mod 8 is a giant, no...GIANT letdown.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    There are two pretty hilarious things about those old dungeons and our actual situation:

- one: even if we go there and burn tires at Cryptic's pyramid office, they will still not answer WHY.

- second one, probably more tragic, is that even if they do get back the loot tables will be filled with utter HAMSTER. We do want those dungeons to finally change the scenery...BUT ! it's only good when there is a initiative to run it. And I'm not talking about seals or 3k RAD salvage ring at the boss chest.

Taking away those instances is far far more frustrating than not having AD from Leadership. You've farmed a lot of AD, so? to do what? to get better enchants, better companions, better stuff? so we can have 4k IL and run Elol in 10 mins rather than 13?

Yeah like that's really awesome :)
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Sadly, even though I loved all the old DDS.. whats the reason to run any of them? Does it help our AD situation or give us unique rewards?

FEEDBACK= NO MORE HES.. response.. more hes. We hate HEs at this point.

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    kemi1984 said:

Stop talking about Leadership, it's gone and there will be now AD from it period...

Leadership is not an issue, The issue is high costs of many things and the total boredom encountered on each step of the game.[...]

...LShip would not be an issue if they were less greedy, and/or delivered on their proclaimed "Improving the income for normal gameplay".

All I saw is my income has gone, and the only way to get even part of it is grind - NON-normal, progress-irrelevant gameplay...

...or dump insane amounts of cash which C IMHO absolutely doesn't deserve for what they deliver currently.
    Post edited by suicidalgodot on
    I will continue to talk about leadership until costing is reduced to the current value of gameplay.

THEY SET up a entire system around leadership and YET have not reduced it back as if we never had it! Which is what we essential are at.

They cannot have it both ways, they wanted us to buy slots and we did, now they decided they got the most value they could out of them, change the system BUT AS OF YET haven't implemented a different one.

Im sick of it.

The whole, we had to remove leadership (which I still , not even once got a actual answer that was valid) crowd still cannot justify the ends, after them removed our means.

CAN one, just one anti leadership person honestly tell me WHAT WE HAVE currently today is better? and how? We have LESS freedom in the game then before, make LESS AD, cannot possible play more then ONE toon ever again? HOW is this a better system?

I dont play Korean/Asian style mmos, so I dont CARE about their grind systems or costing of them. What I care about is playing a game for a progression based purpose and having fun RUNNING dungeons /raids with guilds/friends and sometimes pvping and sometimes solo questing.

THE ENTIRE game up to leadership removal ALLOWED me to do that.. now it totally ripped up progression play, and reduced freedom to run one dungeon to progress ad nasuem.

What a joke, no one can really defend the current game, its just awful to what the game was a few months ago.
    This morning , right now.. Rank tens (best value usually to buy)

(1) RANK TEN AZURE ENCHANTMENT (most sought after enchantment.)
    (2) RANK TEN DARKS ENCHANTMENT (Not that needed, but meh, )
    (5) RANK TEN RADIANTS (power is still good for several classes, especially building dps buffing (IE clerics, paladins)
    (5) Silvery Enchants (recovery builds)

13 TOTAL rank ten enchants on the most popular enchants.. YOU CANNOT tell me this game is working.

• khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    I know this sounds cynical, but just give up - you'll feel happier because of it. It's a bit hard to get it out of your system in the beginning, but after a while you'll have a hard time even opening the game. It's not worth the stress.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User

I know this sounds cynical, but just give up - you'll feel happier because of it. It's a bit hard to get it out of your system in the beginning, but after a while you'll have a hard time even opening the game. It's not worth the stress.

Right now, this is so true, it's just sad.
    [... Removal of old dungeons...]
    kalindra said:

kemi1984 said:

If I could ask one thing, one thing...I would ask "Why" what was the reason to take off the dungeons? All I heard was "so they can be reworked" reworked HOW? what was wrong? they just won't answer, they don't give a damn.

Nobody will ever know, they might have experimented with some obscure drugs.
    Or they had some footprint limit with their hosting service.
    ...just joking, there is no sound reason for that decision.
    I think you're close with your second guess...

Mine is that they had to liberate server capacities for all that great EE and SH ...... (fill to your liking). The excessive streamlining the remaining dungeons went through hints at that. And as the game's financial model focuses on minimizing the cost and not on maximizing the income - at least not via maximizing the customer pool ...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    The non-epic versions of the dungeons never needed to be reworked. There were no major changes to the pre-60 game that could warrant removing them. I honestly think there should be a clear explanation as to why, at the very least, the non-epic dungeons were removed and why we can no longer enter them at the entrance. Being able to run -- and **explore** -- them was one way to alleviate monotony.

This week I re-ran my foundry quest -- twice. In the absence of the old dungeons, what choice is there for a change of scenery?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    I'm sure it's been said before but it's pretty ironic that this D&D game has probably the fewest dungeons of any traditional MMO.
    subnocte said:

I'm sure it's been said before but it's pretty ironic that this D&D game has probably the fewest dungeons of any traditional MMO.

...Dragons by the half-dozen, conveniently grindable on an hourly basis, to compensate, though.
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    I hope they dont recude the price in resource needed for SH. Organized guild don't have problem with progression, the only problem is the long time you need for upgrade the guild hall.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    jacksoon said:

I hope they dont recude the price in resource needed for SH. Organized guild don't have problem with progression, the only problem is the long time you need for upgrade the guild hall.

The view from your ivory tower must be nice.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    im in a big guild with really good resources. We can progress(guild rank 11 I think is what we are upgrading atm), but it hurts most individuals.

There is no reason to keep it at the level its at.

Frankly, I see no reasonable future in this game due to them not addressing this, I really cant believe its not been handled in a much more professional manner. But they clearly have a mandate.. make zen purchases a gate on every activity in game.

To the non leadership crowd now, how do you truly feel about this change? Do you honestly and truly come on the boards and tell us it was better for the game now? You cannot.

Sadly, the very reason why leadership was great (allowed you to make AD, while you did ANYTHING you wanted to in game) is now gone.

The game is YET again more boring then it ever has been.

I dont even think they know how boring they have made it with the AD removal , experience gating, rp gating , content removal.

They really effed this situation up, in addition, basic, logical changes are not being made (the character bound RP.. should BE account bound.. omg, this is so pure QoL issue for a game its not funny!)

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The people that make the decision at cryptic don't really look at anything except the revenue reports. If the revenue reports are doing well, then the game is WAI. Player satisfaction is unimportant. Company reputation is unimportant. Long-term viability is unimportant. Having a "good game" is unimportant. When the revenue reports are down, the only concerns is find a way to increase revenues while incurring the smallest possible cost to do so. Again: Player satisfaction, reputation, and viability are all simply not part of the calculus.

People say over and over that spending money on Zen is the only way to encourage Cryptic to make the game better. That's simply incorrect. The way to encourage them is to STOP giving them money - cause the revenue stream to bottom out. At that point, they have two choices:

1: Close up the game. Those of you actively playing will be sad for a short while until you find another outlet for you gaming enjoyment. But, given the state of things in Neverwinter, and the understanding in the industry rags about how poor the game is, there won't be any big shocks to the system if this happens.

2: Deliver real value. Cryptic might have an ah-ha moment where they realize that they need to deliver value because that's what people are willing to pay for. Right now, only the more hard core of the veterans are paying money into the system and that has little to do with them having loads of left-over AD. The only others are newer players that haven't yet realized the fruitlessness of throwing money at Neverwinter. Everyone else is just treading water, holding onto their cash, and hoping the game will improve, or they've already quit (and, possibly, like me can't keep their nose out of the forums regardless of that...)

So. Go on strike. Keep playing if you want, but don't pay a cent. In fact, make paying for Zen socially unacceptable, like smoking. Start DARE program - DARE to keep kids off Zen. Hit their bottom line until they either go away or make a game worth paying for (cuz, for all the glitz and propaganda... From what I can see so far, Underdark... aint that).
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    Silverkelt you need to find something else to care about.

If the game sucks, then dont play it. So much continous whine over weeks just makes me feel like you need something else important to care about instead of this, it's just a game. Find another one, it shouldn't be your life. Every MMO falls at some point.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I am still waiting for all the 'further changes' promised, to soften the LS blow. If they think, that 15k RAD more a week and the reward from underdark will be enogh, they should think again.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.