test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm frustrated, discouraged and getting burnt out.. No costing changes = getting tired of game.

Comments

• soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    I login just to invoke once on my 3 characters and get my key from vip. If I had not went vip, I wouldn't even login at all anymore. I will not spend all my time, which is not a lot, in game doing exactly the same thing everyday to make a measly amount of AD. When I need millions to progress just one character. I won't even bother with the new mod if they don't change how we can make AD in the game. Every quest needs to grant AD. And they also need to adjust the AD cost of everything in the game as well. And they need to do all these things before mod 8 even gets put out.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

I share your concerns and am desperately working to get some of these changes implemented. I personally have a lot of Companions that need upgrading, but I'm donating all my AD to the Stronghold instead. It's pretty frustrating.

Ok, so what's the holdup? Lack of time because of the new module coming? Disagreement from the development staff on things? Lack of programmers? Slow pizza delivery?

Info will keep the torches unlit.

Unlit torches will keep the masses from revolting...

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I think we can be pretty revolting without the torches... lol.

Revolution may be on the verge of happening.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Don't need a revolt, they already have a strike/workstoppage. NonBot server population is at a all time low, (all though those evil, evil much blamed bots seem to be playing 24/7 unhindered as always, despite the "measures" fosted off on the players to "stop" the bots) the players have started a "work slow down" so to speak, could morph into a strike.

I am of the same opinion as most the other players are, if my employer came in and cut my pay to 10% of what it was and added my work load to 2x or 3x what it was previously, my "reaction" would be that the employer gets what he pays for, pay me 10% of my pay? Get 10% of the production...

That is what NW did, cut my pay to 10% and tried to get me to run 2-3x of the mind numbing content to get paid. So my response is: no thanks, I'll sit over here and twiddle my thumbs until you do something about my "compensation package" vs. labor output.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    We've started building our quarry in preparation for an eventual GH4 upgrade, and I was disappointed to learn that they nerfed the IWD treasure caches (no more epic drops). Thanks for nothing Cryptic. Now the only way to get epics to dump into a coffer is either to run a T2 or by spending dragon eggs in crafting.

And you wonder why players are leaving.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Before Stronghold we had 5-15 players online. For Stronghold we merged 5 small guilds. resulting in a few crowded weeks. Now you are happy to have enough players to run a dungeon premade.

We had 148 accounts in our (merged) guild and kicked 70 players who did not play anymore. As it is, there will be 10 or 20 players left, when Mod 8 gets launched.

I play since beta and I saw many players leave, but the overall mood is as grim as never before.

After I gave the last recruit my opinion of the state of the game, a guild mate told me 'after hearing your statement, I would have stopped playing'. BTW after dropping some money in the game, reaching lvl 70 and seeing the lack of progress he stopped playing.

PS. The constant disconnects and horrible fps does not help at all. Furthermore I am sure, that some ppl are happy about the new cosmetic preview system, but when I saw this I thought, good job on setting your priorites. I am just as happy, as when ppl raged about TRs killing dragon heralds solo in seconds and the patch notes said 'we fixed xy's hair and femal characters can blink again in the charecter selection screen'.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    We warned Cryptic many times about the lack of dungeons.
    Sometimes I think Cryptic wants end-gamers to become bored, so that we will try Cryptic's other mmo's.

I went back to STO for a while. At least, STO has an excellent main story which grows every 3-9 months. And STO never removes "dungeons" (missions), although, queue times can be very long for some missions, but you can always form a party. Unlike Neverwinter, queues in STO show how many players are queued, which means you don't have to wait in an empty queue (unless you want to). Neverwinter ground combat is much more fun than STO. If you go over to STO, I suggest focusing your character on space combat.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Too many spout this.. Im not a f2p person.. I will support a company , I will not however , throw money at a company for no valid reasons..

This.
    F2P? no way to progress.
    Zen buyer? no value for money. 800 Zen for ruby which give 50K RP is offending...
    Contents? Reduced, limited and close to zero.
    Grind? Forever
    Fixed cost? too high
    Time? sorry, I'm wasting it in this game.

Yesterday I finished my last zens buying some keys, I got my trash drops...and now I'm putting the game in close-to-sleep mode: login, invoke, vip key, 3 quest and log-off: this is what is called a real "game experience".
    In the meanwhile:
    http://steamcharts.com/app/109600

The forumers are not the problem..it's the market baby: close to <2000 players on steam. Mods suggested to take a break. Why not? And let's see the next stats...
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    sangrine said:

We warned Cryptic many times about the lack of dungeons.
    Sometimes I think Cryptic wants end-gamers to become bored, so that we will try Cryptic's other mmo's.

I went back to STO for a while. At least, STO has an excellent main story which grows every 3-9 months. And STO never removes "dungeons" (missions), although, queue times can be very long for some missions, but you can always form a party. Unlike Neverwinter, queues in STO show how many players are queued, which means you don't have to wait in an empty queue (unless you want to). Neverwinter ground combat is much more fun than STO. If you go over to STO, I suggest focusing your character on space combat.

no thanks for STO. i went to another guy that is f2p and also has sub option and in game store with *gasp* more reasonably priced items. you can get signature service there for in game gold (like the zax here) and you can also farm gold to get it for free. and it looks so far like it is farmable without banging your head against the wall.
    i doubt they will fix here the costs and the value for money costs soon enough.
  • illhoraillhora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    Guys, stop buying items,packs,mounts...

There is easy away to earn AD from the beginning of the game:

Craft...so stop spending your AD/zens/cash for items that will be obselete soon or later and put your time and your "money" to the craft - Then have fun.
    Although it takes time but profitability is important.
    Leadership is out so what, start with other craft. I know it s frustrating like for every major "changes".
    Just before RP changed i bought a perfect vorpal and a perfect SF, and now it 's like half price, so i know too about frustration.

Craft is the real money maker in this game. 1 M in a week without playing not a big deal, have a guild mate making between 4-5 M a week with craft.
    So let met lauhg when THEY said they will rewards players playing.

Otherwise, i m totally agree with you, game content became boring, even for someone how can progress....
    illhora said:

Craft is the real money maker in this game. 1 M in a week without playing not a big deal, have a guild mate making between 4-5 M a week with craft.
    So let met lauhg when THEY said they will rewards players playing.

To be nerfed immediately B) >:)

Oltreverso guild leader
    I m only giving a way to make money. It 's works for me and for a lot of other players.
    un-nerf your mind :)
    edited October 2015
    illhora said:

I m only giving a way to make money. It 's works for me and for a lot of other players.
    un-nerf your mind :)

My mind is un-nerfed....what about devs? ;)

Oltreverso guild leader
    edited October 2015
    Kalindra, you are free to believe me or not.

if you put all your income you earned from the day you have started the game, you'd probably have enough to buy all the tools and resources necesary for crafting and you would be rich at this time.

My point is even if you can progress into the game, with the actual content you will get borred anyway and i m not speaking of bugs/exploits...
    However by crafting you will at least have a really good character without using a cent and enjoying fully the crapy end-content of the game.

Hopefully Mumble exist to have fun with guild mates during stupid runs.

and regarding DEV...everything has already been said and still nothing happens or should i say it s getting worse and worse, sadly...
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    I just wish they would hurry with whatever changes they are going to do or at least let us in on the road map ahead. Though at this point, I really doubt they actually have a clue to where they are going with anything in the game. A little news of upcoming AD changes would go a long way to help ease our frustrations. But I would have to guess by the lack of any news and the lack of updates, they have no plan at all for any more changes. As upset as the community is, you would think there would be a scramble to get any other changes out as fast as possible and at the very least put out any new announcements on upcoming changes. The lack of both only shows us, the players, how very little regard Cryptic has for their entire player base. They can't even use the new mod as an excuse for not making more necessary changes to the game that are needed right now way more than a new mod is. More ways to make AD, lower all the rest of the upgrading costs in the game, bring back the dungeons, fix the bugs we have now in the game, better pvp balance for those that like pvp, and the list could go on. Right now, getting people back into the game should be the absolute priority instead of getting the next mod out the door that will bring its own issues to the game. Nobody is going to be around to play it if you don't address these other issues first.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I have reservations about crafting being even remotely profitable. In the current state of the game there are very few items considered useful anymore. And anything that is useful requires Dragon Egg as a resource. With Tiamat resigned to the scrapheap there aren't really any other ways to get Dragon Eggs reliably. I don't see new players splurging out on Exquisite Rings and Shirt/Pants.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    kalindra said:

asterotg said:

but when I saw this I thought, good job on setting your priorites. I am just as happy, as when ppl raged about TRs killing dragon heralds solo in seconds and the patch notes said 'we fixed xy's hair and femal characters can blink again in the charecter selection screen'.

Indeed, their priorities are unsrutable.
    One get's the impressions, nobody wants to tackle the big problems and all try to do what small improvements are offered in the change request / issue list, just to feign productivity and not lose to much time for buffing resumees and writing applications (not in the smartphone sense).

But, is it really the TR again?
    Wasn't it the SW who owns the latest exploit to melt through dragon herolds in seconds?
    Not that it's of any impact, now that even the biggest Zergs don't deem those worth the effort anymore.

This was a quote from the patchnotes some Mods before, when TRs SOD got introduced and, ignoring preview, stacked itself to poc with millions of dmg. Ppl were ranting and they fixed the hair of a female WOD NPC.

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    If, one day soon perhaps, only bots remain in the game (until the botters figure out no live players are around any more), will Cryptic THEN realize that they should have paid attention to what actual players were saying.

1 year from now during a team meeting:

Boss - "NWO is doing great. We have X players logging in every day."

Dev or someone else at the table that actually knows what's going on - "Yeah but 100% of those are bots."

Boss - "So? Numbers look good to PWE."

Dev - puts heads in hands and moans.
    I aim to misbehave
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Request from playerbase (remove AD sinks and costs by 50-100%)

Answer.. GREAT news everyone, we are giving 15k in rough AD for super casual players who cant do dungeons and such.

omg.. really , thanks.

just LOL, type of material, really, truly is.

• crypticnotioncrypticnotion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    hquadros said:

OP you need easy AD? BUY it instead a webpage brainless and painfull game with a smash-button and 947383627 ccs.

This is a f2p game ok the core game is free and for sexies things you need to buy because the company not donate to you. The progression exists with SH but not the way many would like "mommy want it now!"

And yes we need some tweaks in relation to the ad sink previously created, but not enough to make anyone rich!

It would be obvious if the players think and that's why the devs systematically ignore this kind of outbreak .

Have you ever played the game or you just a troll for PWE
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I have felt this way ever since mod 6 made all my work, time, and money worthless. Thats why I wont spend any more time or money to do upgrades of things till they fix what they broke. Every move they have made the game gets worse. More lag, more crashes, more disconnects, more disappointment for what I thought would be a fun game. NOT HAPPENING.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Im not even sure what they want at this point.. I really dont.

I dont know if they just want us to all go away. I would say thats just ranting, but honestly, time for truth checking, where is the validity in most of the moves they have made?

• grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    Alot of these post i hear as whine, that you can't do nothing anymore and have tons of AD to spend as you like. You SHOULD need to play the game to get some moneys, but the way it is now, its just too damn dull.

You can even do the rough diamond way and do 3 dungeons a day every day forever, which is just mindnumbing to think about. Getting AD should be fun and part of the fun. It was why i played in the past, doing dwarven king or CN for the phat loots and when hit the jackpot I would do other activities to break the monotony. Now because of artifacts and bound equipment, its just all become a grindfest, where the bots are getting all the AD, not the players.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".

Im not even sure what they want at this point.. I really dont.

I dont know if they just want us to all go away. I would say thats just ranting, but honestly, time for truth checking, where is the validity in most of the moves they have made?

In my opinion it is damge control. They thought, that they can do anything. They were proven wrong. They lose players in spades. Now they are testing, how much 'free' AD they have to give us back, until they stop bleeding players.

The problem is, as I said in many posts before, a decent and fair system in a year wont help them much, bc most of the players will have left the game.

I saw a similar problem in another MMO, I played a few years before. They saw, that most of the money is generated from micro transactions from casual players, so they decided, that they wont implement new difficult dungeons for the raiders. The thing was, that the core of a guild are not the casual players loggin in once or twice a week. Furthermore casual players were neither willing nor able to play for hours to find out, how the boss mechanic in a new dungeon works. Within two modules they lost 80% of the raiders and at last 50% of their overall playerbase.

A steady stream of new players wont help them, when no one is playing anymore and you have to wait for 1 h to run a dungeon and not one of your teamates knows, how to play mot effectivly or has the gear needed to carry some weaker players, bc they are all new players.