test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Lords of Light is open to allies

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."
This will probably be more of a story than a conventional recruitment post....

The Lords of Light was created in open beta, if not as a day-one guild, then pretty darned close. I'm not certain because I joined them later on. Over time, active membership has waned, and I eventually found myself as the most senior active player in the guild. I only officially claimed ownership and started taking a more active hand in leading with the advent of Strongholds. While our core players are few in number, we are incredibly stubborn and committed.

For historical context, here's the original recruitment thread:
http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/474740/the-lords-of-light-a-lgbt-friendly-guild-social-pve-light-rp-events/p1

There are other guilds who are LGBT+ friendly in Neverwinter, and in my opinion, any guild worth joining is whether or not they have a charter that says so, but it is how this guild was founded, so it remains a core value. One of my primary responsibilities is maintaining the guild as a secure home for existing members, so if this is problematic for you, we're a poor fit.

Some other principles I hold dear:

*Be respectful in and out of the guild. Your conduct in-game reflects on you as a person and on the guild whose name you wear.

*Take pride in your play. Anything you can't do without cheating isn't an accomplishment.

There isn't much else. It doesn't matter if you do or don't buy Zen. Doesn't matter what level your character is or how geared you are or even whether you're a skilled player (though I would hope you are open to improving). No playtime requirements or mandatory donations/due/taxes/whatever you'd call it. I don't kick for inactivity unless I absolutely have to. Play whatever content you want, when you want.

Other things you should know about us:

*We're a small guild. Right now, we are too small to field a dungeon group or activate the SH Dragonflight, although we have done some of the biggest SH HEs as a party of three. If we had more members, then we already have players very much open to these activities, but these are also limitations that could understandably make people want to stay away.

*Related to the smallness, we're not especially chatty right now. Our regular players, including me, are very much speak-when-spoken-to types, and tend to focus our attention on gameplay. That does not equate to unfriendliness, only that someone looking for a conversation is probably going to have to be the one to start it. It also means we've had no reason to maintain any kind of voice com. On the other hand, if you're an independent or introverted player looking for an accepting guild that won't pressure you to socialize when you don't feel like it, we might be soulmates.

*We're not PvP-focused at all. I can't see any hardcore PvPer ever wanting to join anything but a hardcore PvP guild, but just so that's out there. It's hard enough to scrape up the resources for basic guild structures, so anything solely for PvP is at the bottom of the priority list.

What we do offer is a low-pressure environment to grow in, leadership that is reliable and honorable, and the collective effort of a handful of skilled and dedicated players.

I am not interested in padding ranks, and anyone who is looking for a guild for the sake of immediate access to high level boons and marketplace isn't going to find that here. But if you think LoL sounds like a good fit for you and you're interested in working on something together, I'd like to hear from you.

-------------------------------------

Edit: Current GH Rank 9
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
Post edited by beckylunatic on

Comments

• Options
    Just as an admin note, I've had the guild marked as unsearchable for some months to prevent invite requests from thieves. I'm easy enough to contact directly, here, in-game, or on reddit.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    Because of the awesomeness of our core players, I got to push the button to start the guild hall rank 4 upgrade last night.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    The Tuxedo T-Shirt Alliance has warmly embraced the Lords of Light.

Massive amounts of appreciation, all around.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Ditto. We're honored to have you throw in with us.
    Post edited by ironzerg79 on
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    Just GREAT to see you guys & gals still around Becky!! :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    falsetriumphfalsetriumph Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am interested in joining! What do I need to do?
  • Options
    I'll start by sending you a PM on these boards.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    vixen#6560 vixen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am very interested in joining. Riders of icarus was my first mmo and I can't tell you how much better I think neverwinter is!
  • Options
    I'll send you a message, Vixen.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    kalnoskalnos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am interested in getting into a fun and friendly guild. I have played most MMO's Starting with UO and EQ. played Neverwinter when it first came out and didn't get to far only level 34. took a long break and decided to play it again. I have been having a blast made me a new character and am now to level 45 DC. I am willing to play other classes if needed to make a good group.
  • Options
    seriphmortisseriphmortis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello,
    I'm interested in join a guild that is active, social, and friendly. I have my first 70, a devout cleric, and I have a gear score around 2200. I usually play 5 nights a week in the evenings.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    (I reply to inquiries via PM. Just so it doesn't look here like I'm ignoring them.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    kalriusxkalriusx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi, I am interested in joining. I am brand new to the game, so still trying to get the hang of things. I figured joining a guild would be a good way to get more immersed.
  • Options
    gusstwogusstwo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey! Me and 2 Friends are Just coming up on 60 and we could use a guild to help sort out all the content and what not that is thrown our way. Can you message me here or send me an in game mail (Othela@Guss2)
  • Options
    george7z#3224 george7z Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am interested in joining
  • Options
    xiphiusravynxiphiusravyn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, I'm a new(ish) player on Neverwinter, just wondering if this guild was recruiting still? Sounds like what I was looking for :)
  • Options
    skyell#5110 skyell Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi I'm interested in joining your guild. Can someone please send me information about what's needed to become a member? :)
  • Options
    <- Is still replying to thread inquiries via PM.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    shockwave502shockwave502 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Interested in joining, will I be forced to join any guild events and whatever though?
  • Options
    neverwinterdevilneverwinterdevil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User

Interested in joining, will I be forced to join any guild events and whatever though?

yeah, most probably forced or seduced...
  • Options
    I do not require participation in any guild activities, nor does our alliance require participation in any alliance activities.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    Hey there! I've been playing Neverwinter for a few months now. I have literally no idea how guilds really work but I would love to join yours! (I finally created an account for the forums just for this. :smiley: )
  • Options
    killer95k#8558 killer95k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello, I am interested in joining your guild.
  • Options
    parthanos#1921 parthanos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to Neverwinter (since this January), and I like what I see so far about this guild. It looks like a good fit, so I'm interested in joining.
  • Options
    keresiakeresia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'd be interested in joining as well. Just returned to the game a week or so ago, just looking for a quiet corner of the world to hang out with like minded folks :)
  • Options
    hgjndxzhgjndxz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Heya! I'm an open beta player returning to the game recently, and I think your guild would be a great fit for me. Small guilds are always what I prefer, and I would really appreciate it if you were able to get back to me! Thanks!
  • Options
    colonelscience#5618 colonelscience Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi! I'm very new to the game, only level 15 right now, but I do plan to keep playing and getting stronger and I'm interested in joining a friendly open-minded guild like this one.
  • Options
    mazliemazlie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Wow, I remember being in this guild in the beta and for awhile after open but after I lost my old character because of a scumbag hacker, I forgot it existed. I'd definitely be interested in joining up again.
  • Options
    emelito888emelito888 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is it ok if I join this guild? I saw the name and the PvE aspect, so I thought it would be cool.