Options

Meanwhile in dungeon

windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
Explain everything, simply "balance"...

Comments

• Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Raw ATC log without information what external buffs/debuffs were running isnt worth much. My Lashing Blade usually hits for 200k-300k with self buff, but in Tiamat with organized party it can hit for as high as 3kk. Yes, GWFs hit the hardest, but as a trade off they have 0 team utility. Or actually they have negative team utility, since they need to use marks to reach highest dps and steal aggro from tanks killing themselves and their teamates. They are moreover balanced if you look beyond paingiver chart.

I agree they could use some tweaks if it comes to damage sources and overall character complexity - moving some damage from at-wills to encounters would be a good start, since dealing highest damage in game by keeping left mouse button pressed (and sometimes tabbing) is kinda dull.

/Edit:
    Im not sure if I remember it well - but arent the numbers on the right the base damage? That means he got an over 2.5x damage increase from external (unless some personal buffs arent count to base damage?) sources - "reroll righteous DC" I would say :P
  • Options
    Yes the dmg on right is base dmg so as you can see it isnt much of boost " like you were talking about 3kk dmg"Also dont forget that your lashing strike is encounter if I remember ? This is at-will and he made it in 3 sec in :45 he did over 300k dmg, after checking his and mine gear I had to make this screenshot since with almost same stats and enchantment my biggest crit with encounter was 116k ( and it took almost 2 sec to do the animation..)
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    200k lashing with self boosts?? i need to see it 0.0
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    With the right buffs, debuffs and using Unstoppable, Sure Strike is an awesome at-will for GWFs.

But to your larger point, it's really hard to have one without seeing a complete data set. If you cherry pick THE BEST few seconds of attacks for any class, I'm sure you'll see some things that make you grimace.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User

Sure Strike stacks, as do many at-wills of other classes.

Yep and here it deals 100-200k per stack for a total of 900k in 3s.

• Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    bizarre but as most of the mentality of the "ego" gwfs the "crying is free" so one more time bizarre.
  • Options
    + 1000 to "0 team utility" because all gwfs only spec to destroyer but u know the truth and personally im prefer dont run with this bizarre things /sarcasm on
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I'm here to say I approve of your use of memes :)
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    OP do you have ANY experience with GWF and GWF mechanics ? or you are a player from a certain class that seem to have a jihad against GWFs for as long as Neverwinter exists

chosen 3 sec with best damage, True/False is probably crit. no info on classes, buffs/debuffs/weapon enchants used by other players and hp of the scorpion(Executioners 30% bonus)

in terms of pve damage GWF is(more or less) in the place where it should have been from the start, only Fury lock(and, maybe, Archer) should be anywhere near. for other classes damage is more or less fine, tr could use a bit more pve burst, and pala could use ability to trade some def for attack to make daily grind faster, but thats another story

hopefully this is non-offensive enough

• Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    wentris said:

Im not sure if I remember it well - but arent the numbers on the right the base damage? That means he got an over 2.5x damage increase from external (unless some personal buffs arent count to base damage?) sources - "reroll righteous DC" I would say :P

Yes. And it seems almost all of the attacks were critical and had combat advantage. The log is useless to prove anything.

• Options
    bashteros1234bashteros1234 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    At the moment in our guild runs a gwf does 1.5x-2x the damage of other equally geared damage dealers (cw,hr,tr) in t1/t2 dungeon runs.

The opposite situation was true in past mods, the cw did 2x the damage of everyone else and hr,gwf, ... felt useless that time, that was a terrible situation too, so it's nothing new. Everyone wants to feel important to the success of the group and at the moment many members don't feel that way.

It is correct that the gwf is lacking any utility (no healing, no cc, no buffing of other members, no debuffing), but unfortunately we are back at a state where damage is much more important than cc, ... - ok, debuffing is probably the most important.

Let's review the tactics at end bosses and the importance of cc (trash and mini bosses are always quite easy for geared people), because the argument to justify the damage gap between gwf and other DDs is the missing cc:
    - elol,mc,vt end bosses: cc irrelevant
    - etos end boss: cc quite irrelevant, spiderlings are killed and not locked down by cc, rest is killed in aoe at boss
    - ecc end boss: cc quite irrelevant, archers, ... are killed and not locked down by cc, adds are to spread out to cc them efficiently
    - gwd end boss: did it only one time, no comment here

I didn't mention the SWs, because there are no active ones in our guild anymore, but in skirmishes I see very high damage from certain and nothing at all from others, so I have no consistent view of that class.

=> My personal opinion: gwf should be highest damage, but at most 20%-30% better than equally geared DDs. Perhaps after a nerf to the lol-set the damage gap is not so huge anymore.

On a personal note, I don't understand the special hate between gwfs and cws, why is there such a great animosity between these 2 classes, they compete for the same spot, but as long as you're avoiding the stupid lfg channel in PE, that should be irrelvant.
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    wentris said:

Raw ATC log without information what external buffs/debuffs were running isnt worth much.

It does.
    You can compare to other party members.
    wentris said:

My Lashing Blade usually hits for 200k-300k with self buff, but in Tiamat with organized party it can hit for as high as 3kk. Yes, GWFs hit the hardest, but as a trade off they have 0 team utility.

Its an offtank!
    It can take a hit, can do initial pull, pick up aggro etc.

Post edited by commanderdata002 on
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    They think this is PVE balance!

Classes like SW/GWF can do 2-2,5 times dmg as other dps classes(HR/TR/CW) in T2/T1 in the same gear.

In mod2 GWFs had imba deep gash and could do big dmg too.
    But the difference was it couldn't do double dmg as others.
  • Options
    banaanc said:

in terms of pve damage GWF is(more or less) in the place where it should have been from the start,

Made me a day. gwf is where it should has been from start? Like they were supposed to take 1 mil dmg in 1 sec?well okay..

You guys keep bringing up that this is some "cut" from combat log with no actual info about self buffs etc... It is nice cover "or should I say trick?" from gwf players to say that your class is not OP. C'mon at least get some balls and accept truth. I see ONLY gwf on top of dmg in every instance run ahead by 2-3*multiple of dmg then other classes. Saying that buffs/debuffs arent writen here not really nice excuse. Also the "base dmg" is your base dmg that should be done with your power and armor penetration = if you have any "self buff"(and gwf has alot of selfbuffs) you will deal more then base dmg says ( even without any cleric or tank).

This was cut from elol ( if you think it is just some "cut" ) then you asked for it. I will keep record of gwf since now because this is barely avg. gwf I saw ( yet he did 1mil dmg) I even saw 380k hit in 5man party (ofc with 1 dmg of at-will)
  • Options

They think this is PVE balance!

Classes like SW/GWF can do 2-2,5 times dmg as other dps classes(HR/TR/CW) in T2/T1 in the same gear.

In mod2 GWFs had imba deep gash and could do big dmg too.
    But the difference was it couldn't do double dmg as others.

Well the game is based on a lot of factors and situations. Like your build/your stats/if enemy attack you/if enemy die fast or slow,etc..
    I saw HR beating very good SW but only because in the instance were several groups of mobs which are more profitable for HR then SW
    I saw SW doing very good dmg - but only because mobs had a lot of HP and there were no GWF that would kill them in half sec.
    CW means "control" wizard so I think he never was supposed to be a "top" dmg, but to buff and control mobs.
    TR always felt like pvp character.
    GWF can just beat every people in dmg because of two factors- too strong feats and class features ( the self-buffs are srsly on their own level "alot of dmg stacking,crit stacking vs for example H.SW with 20% armor pene and combat adv.-that you can have even without that class feature") and too fast attack. If he just rush mobs do 2 encounters and hit tab and in 2 sec he does 1mil dmg and take half HP of mobs then yes, other classes will lose a lot of dmg. "The best I saw was gwf who did 2,7dmg in around 3-5 sec BEFORE we even get to the mob so no party buffs"
  • Options
    kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    There is a huge DR debuff on the mob. As wentris wrote it was ~150% DR debuff (~2.5xbase damage). Just to note it is not even a really huge number - I am not sure if Mark benefit was shown as base damage or dealt damage.

Conq GF can do insane damage, too. W/ buffs/debuffs (self and from party), wisely chosen encounters, class features, dailies and at-wills + proper timing a GF can easily be 2nd/3rd on Paingiver while beeing Immobile Object, too. And GF is main tank (Defender/Controller). I have seen my GF guild mate dealing 200K w/ Crushing Surge and 157k w/ Aggrevating Strike. I have never checked mine but I plan to do it. GWF is a striker (Striker/Defender) and Destroyers are main Strikers. I have no problem w/ their damage.

Edit: just to clarify, my 2 main characters are DC AC/Virt and GF SM/Conq

• Options

At the moment in our guild runs a gwf does 1.5x-2x the damage of other equally geared damage dealers (cw,hr,tr) in t1/t2 dungeon runs.

As a DC I can keep the GWF fully buffed by me 24/24 7/7. Why? B/c they are usually close to the tank and close to the fight. When I buff the tank/debuff the mob (D-DG/N-DG) I buff the GWF (damage boost/damage resist boost). When I wanna buff DPSes and/or debuff the boss (BoB/E-BtS) I buff GWF for sure (close enough) but usually not the TR and never the ranged classes. I buff tank and myself for almost full immunity (AA - it is also a power buff) I buff GWF who does not have to run out of red attack b/c of immunity -> more DPS.
    TRs are usually on the opposite side (at the back) of the boss. They also dodge out of my buffs (DG/AA) regularly. I give up to target them after a few attempt.
    CW/SW are so far away - worst thing when behind me - I don't even try to buff them. If I didn't buff/heal they don't get extra AP gain -> this could help them doing more DPS I am sure. And they barely get E-BtS buff (30% damage increase) even in LoL last boss b/c they are too far away. Not to mention AA - I try to chase them to buff them up they dodge away :confused: I have seen CW/SW staying out of HG :cry:
    HRs I don't know. There is only one in my guild I am doing dungeons w/ and he is usually top DPS.

So, do not be so surprised GWFs are so much ahead on Paingiver. They are the most buffed Strikers during dungeons.
    And yes, there is the LoL set from which GWFs benefit the most. In Unstoppable state they hit very fast w/ at-wills and each swing counts. While for example TR's Duelist Flury flury attack chain counts as 1 swing.

The opposite situation was true in past mods, the cw did 2x the damage of everyone else and hr,gwf, ... felt useless that time, that was a terrible situation too, so it's nothing new. Everyone wants to feel important to the success of the group and at the moment many members don't feel that way.

It is b/c there is only Paingiver and Immobile Object (ok, Field Medic, too) on the 'X' panel.
    And the Paingiver is technically buged. So was Field Medic.
    Paingiver: even if the mob had 1 HP at the killing hit, the whole damage the power would have hit counts (GWF hits harder to lower HP mobs). A 1,5kk killing blow to a 15k HP mob does not help the PT more than a 20k hit.
    Field Medic: LS-ed heal counted (from SWs) even if it did not actually heal but I do not see many healer SW around for a while so I do not know if it was working like this now.

On the other hand there is no Support tab (buff/debuff/lifesaver) on the 'X' panel.
    HR applied dodge. Where is the tab counts the 'FsC dodge saved you from OHK'?
    TR DR debuffs and damage debuff
    CW debuffs

I as a DC feel myself important and not b/c of my heals - healing is a side effect in my eyes.

It is correct that the gwf is lacking any utility (no healing, no cc, no buffing of other members, no debuffing), but unfortunately we are back at a state where damage is much more important than cc, ... - ok, debuffing is probably the most important.

Let's review the tactics at end bosses and the importance of cc (trash and mini bosses are always quite easy for geared people), because the argument to justify the damage gap between gwf and other DDs is the missing cc:
    - elol,mc,vt end bosses: cc irrelevant
    - etos end boss: cc quite irrelevant, spiderlings are killed and not locked down by cc, rest is killed in aoe at boss
    - ecc end boss: cc quite irrelevant, archers, ... are killed and not locked down by cc, adds are to spread out to cc them efficiently
    - gwd end boss: did it only one time, no comment here

I agree w/ you. Plus: CC immunity should not prevent to gain the buff/debuff benefit of skills - did not check if it was true or not, please help me out on this.

=> My personal opinion: gwf should be highest damage, but at most 20%-30% better than equally geared DDs. Perhaps after a nerf to the lol-set the damage gap is not so huge anymore.

I agree and disagree w/ you. I agree w/ the 20-30% but there is no need to nerf a set which works fine. Just re-check and fix/fine tune the skills/skill mechanics of other classes like TR SD/SE, CC bonus effects on CC immune mobs. The LoL set seems OK for me - I like it on my GF, too.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Devs already stated, before module 6 launch, that they are very happy about where GWFs are in PvE.
    At the time of broken deep gash they also stated that the problem was not the overall damage but the mechanic (passive procs). In fact, together with deep gash nerf they tried (and failed) to compensate to, their words, keep the GWF damage where it was.
    Get over it guys...

CW is not a DPS class. CWs consider themselves DPS just cause the class was broken for what, 5 modules in PvE. They are primary control and only secondary strikers.

Where you must compare destroyer GWF damage in PvE is:

Fury Warlock
    Combat HR
    Executioner TR

ANY OTHER CLASS JUST IS NOT MEANT TO BE ON TOP OF PAINGIVER.

Also, when comparing these classes damage you must take into account the type of dungeon.

TR is supposed to be better in boss fights. Should score higher, for example, in dragon runs in SH, Tiamat, and dungeons/ skirmishes with less trash and more elite mobs/ bosses.

GWF would have more overall DPS in a AoE-oriented dungeon like VT, for example, with tons of mobs.

You can ask for a buff of the above paths/ classes (combat HR and executioner TR) if they are not on par with what a DPS Destroyer can do.

Also: GWF base damage is the weaker of all classes. The devs compensated with tons of HAMSTER stacks and self-buffs. Marks are a part of that and come with few risks.

To be honest, Neverwinter has never been as good as it is now when it comes to classes invited in PvE dungeons. You see trapper HRs, CWs, GWFs, GFs, OPs, DCs, SWs, all pretty much used in dungeon runs. Be it for CC, or damage, or protection, all the classes have a place with current "best builds".

CW, HR--->CC, utility
    TR---> single target DPS, utility (smoke bomb)
    GWF, SW--->AoE DPS, single target DPS
    OP,DC--->protection, healing
    GF--->protection, utility

So where needed, must ask for buffs to combat HR and exec TR, plus shifting damage of SW from puppet to actual Fury feats/ encounters to bring it on par with destroyers.

A final question: we got 3 CW parties for 5 modules.
    Do you see 3 GWF parties required now? No.
    All classes are needed and called. Other DPS classes too, are called, You don't read "please GWFs only". Expecially because it depends o the build. GWF gets ahead when using Lazalia's high crit build+ eLoL broken set bonus.
    So players don't go straight for the GWF cause they know it's not the base damage but rather a mix of gear and stacks, and a SW or TR can deal higher DPS, if they use eLoL set, than a GWF who is not using eLoL set.

So unless you are a paingiver fetish freak, what is exactly the concern here?
    Are you guys unhappy with current all-classes PvE groups?
    Want CW to deal same damage as a GWF so we can have again 3 CW groups since they would both CC and deal top damage like in the past?

I hope not.

Before you write anything: i played CW in module 3, and currently play pretty much all classes at level 70 except GF and OP.
    SW is now lvl 70 and TR is 62, signature is not upgraded.
    I have 0 problems finding groups for dungeons and skirmishes at epic level.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    pando83 said:

CW is not a DPS class. CWs consider themselves DPS just cause the class was broken for what, 5 modules in PvE. They are primary control and only secondary strikers.

Not really!
    But Ok. Lets say I find 10% more dmg for GWFs acceptable...!
    pando83 said:

Want CW to deal same damage as a GWF so we can have again 3 CW groups since they would both CC and deal top damage like in the past?

I hope not.

lol that was bad players mantra in the past who can't get into groups.
    Good players were always welcome in any group!
    pando83 said:

Before you write anything: i played CW in module 3, and currently play pretty much all classes at level 70 except GF and OP.

I have every class over 2,5 except HR.

• Options
    edited October 2015

pando83 said:

Not really!
    pando83 said:

I hope not.

lol that was bad players mantra in the past who can't get into groups.
    Good players were always welcome in any group!
    pando83 said:

I have every class over 2,5 except HR.

-So CW can dish out 100% more CC than GWF and GWF can dish out 10% more DPS.
    Nice balance. Is your main a CW?
    CWs are fine where they are and they'll never get closer to top DPS classes anymore, hopefully. Learn to play your class WAI= you're AoE controller in PvE dungeons, primary role. Your DPS are complementary to those of DPS-only classes/ builds. Have fun.
    You choose CONTROL Wizard, not Wizard. GWFs don't ask for "only 10% less CC than CWs".

-No, that was not bad players mantra and any player old enough remembers the "looking for CW" filling every LFG in Protector's Enclave. That CWs were monopolizing dungeon runs is a fact, but nice try.

-Nice to know, then you'll be happy now that every class is needed in dungeons and no more 3-CW-META is there to ruin the fun.

Perfect.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

pando83 said:

Not really!

then cw should deal only 10% more than paladin, ok ?

• Options
    edited October 2015
    pando83 said:

Nice balance.

100% more CC?
    If GWFs would use FLS, Avalanche instead of glasscannon builds it wouldn't be that big difference.
    pando83 said:

Is your main a CW?

Yours GWF I presume?
    pando83 said:

CWs are fine where they are and they'll never get closer to top DPS classes anymore, hopefully.

You will be sorry when Sorcerer will be finally released...
    pando83 said:

Learn to play your class WAI= you're AoE controller in PvE dungeons, primary role. Your DPS are complementary to those of DPS-only classes/ builds. Have fun.
    You choose CONTROL Wizard, not Wizard. GWFs don't ask for "only 10% less CC than CWs".

Lol. How about you and some game fundamentals?
    CWs can have dps options as any other classes as well!
    then we need a real nuke wizard because I am bored of this!
    pando83 said:

-No, that was not bad players mantra and any player old enough remembers the "looking for CW" filling every LFG in Protector's Enclave. That CWs were monopolizing dungeon runs is a fact, but nice try.

Nice try? Lol.
    I am old enough player too and All I remember that every noob fotm GWFs claimed to be the best dps which they were but they died after 10 secs before bosses....
    So unfortunatelly we didnt have time for 'em
    It was their mantra...

• Options
    edited October 2015
    and people insist on putting standards / bahaviors/roles (table top) in classes a game that was in its base built around the DPS and how the dungeons were designed. so naive and so ego boys.

and why gwfs hate cws and vice-versa: the first because they are so much stupid and the second for they are vry smart ( there must be some psychological relationship that).

in my view any excess affect the experience of the game ANY excess and excess are needed adjustments no matter who gets hurt gwf, cw, op or any other class that may have one or more functions no behaviors/roles and mimimi

in the background all this anguish and all the reciprocal hatred comes from bad decisions taken and broken paingiver that imposes one stupid competition among the players .
    Post edited by hmdq#4491 on
  • Options
    edited October 2015

pando83 said:

Nice balance.

100% more CC?
    If GWFs would use FLS, Avalanche instead of glasscannon builds it wouldn't be that big difference.
    pando83 said:

Is your main a CW?

Yours GWF I presume?
    pando83 said:

CWs are fine where they are and they'll never get closer to top DPS classes anymore, hopefully.

You will be sorry when Sorcerer will be finally released...

if gwf is running FLS then he will deal less damage, and you really want to compare single aoe cc with about every skill having cc in one form or another, at best you could compare fls with shard, and using avalanche means you lose 3 seconds of dps and some stacks just to deal trash damage on targets that are already dead by the time you land, that just shows that you have no clue of how gwf works.

and sorcerer isnt a CONTROL wizard

but seems like some CW wont ever get over the fact that CW isnt the only class in game anymore

• Options
    banaanc said:

then cw should deal only 10% more than paladin, ok ?

What he writes sounds much like old CW missing the good old days when CWs were both top DPS and top CC.
    Not gonna happen again, hopefully.
    His attempt to deny that fact is funny too, considering 99% of the playerbase, many CWs included, agreed on that for over 4 modules.
    Thanksfully at least in PvE, the devs learned the lesson and now there is no class that can monopolize epic dungeons the way CWs did in the past.

Proof of that: in the past, PvE discussion were filled with complaints about how CWs were too much and how difficult it was for other classes to find a spot in epic dungeons runs. Now nobody complains about that except, obviously, some sad old CW missing their all-in-one top AoE DPS+AoE CC.
    PvE is healthy now in terms of overal lclass balance/ availability, 1000000000 times better compared to the module 1-2-3-4 days during the CW rule. Only issue left, and complaints you read, is the lack of more dungeons/ content, and the difficulties some fresh lvl 70s in some classes find in solo content, after the mobs buffs.

All that's left is probably to just balance the other 3 main DPS paths (combat HR-Exec TR-Fury SW) to be on par or closer to Destro GWF crit build, if it's needed.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Well see about that! (Those "99%" is probably some small guild or sg!)

For the great regret of FOTM players nerfs and buffs come and go for module to module in All MMOs !
    Gwfs were up in mod 2,6,7; Sw in mod 4,5,6,7; TR,DC in mod 5 etc but who knows what will happen.

If you think the double dmg of GWFs will be permanent you are for a big suprise!
    Have fun!
    Post edited by commanderdata002 on
  • Options
    @pando83:
    Just to be correct, do not forget about the GWF era when GWF was dps and tank (quite OP beeing good in both).
    But I agree, GWF is in healthy state at the moment in PvE dps point of view (at least Destro). The other striker classes need some fine tuning (and bugfix i.e. TR SD).
  • Options
    pando83 said:

All that's left is probably to just balance the other 3 main DPS paths (combat HR-Exec TR-Fury SW) to be on par or closer to Destro GWF crit build, if it's needed.

imho archer should be there as well, since it feels a lot more like pve build than combat

GWF should be undisputed leader in tank and spank fights, while some of the other classes should take over if we ever get a dungeon that doesnt consist of simply standing still and bashing your face against boss and does require moving and switching targets

exec TR would probably a pita to balance with consideration of pvp, imho its role would better be in removing some more annoying adds asap than sustained dps