test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Player Housing Request Thread!

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    This is one of those game features that is really super important to some players and not remotely important to others (from indifferent to outright suspicious like Chemjeff's post above). As such, it's one of those things where I would doubt a lot of resources can be directed into it... particularly one involving a huge number of systems as complicated as Strongholds already are, and not just... like... a house... that you can decorate and put some stuff in.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    They could just use the Foundry to...oh...wait...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5

They could just use the Foundry to...oh...wait...

I do know quite a few people who designed themselves a home when that was a thing....

Neverwinter Census 2017

• mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    SWTOR has housing.. some are like smaller private homelike places and some are larger like saloons for guildmates/friends to gather. Depends on what planet you are on for what you can build there. They all can be furnished with pick your own decor and some minor buff type accesories and mailboxes, etc. Of course some are free and some better ones cost you to get.
    For NW tho, I'm kinda torn as I already consider my stronghold as my home. Maybe the could work it where some of the buildings in the town area can be opened for housing for like officers and senior members and such and a barracks type structure for lower ranking guild members to have a room in... As guild owner I would want my place in the Guildhall itself... perhaps down the long path to the doorway you can't get in currently. .
    Anyway,, just my thoughts on the matter
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Well, as mentioned a long time ago...
    They could just level the resource field of the first handfull of Stronghold structures, so that you get that look and feel of a "fully" working Stronghold on your own, and then may be add a player housing area to it.
    That could work out just fine, and it wouldn't require too much time(=money) to make that happen either...
    May be even possible with the next new module?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    no one wants personal homes in guild halls, what if they get kick out or quit, they get booted for inactivities, we just need similar format like EQ2 has.
    on Feb 6, ESO announced, player own homes will be release with 3 tiers format, those Inn single room format, cottages and manors. that make me excited.

i agreed with other post said, it is the biggest cash cow contents, the housings.
    we still not had indoor guild halls yet. i would like similar concept building first indoor room and then add any other rooms similar to Gifteds of Istaria, playing a dragon was so awesome when building the lair/home base, base on size of the lot you choose.

we can choose any doors in Protector's Enclaive or they add new residential housing communities zone for cottages and manors. Asheron's Call/Lord of the Rings failed due to limited homes and often abandoned, using EQ2 house format is the best bet.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    If they put personal housing inside a guild hall, I would feel, personally, kicked in the teeth.
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    I said so before, and I say it again. If they get foundry to work again, we already have all the tools we need to make housing. Wherever and however we want it. Foundry is awesome.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Fix foundry and we have housing.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Still waiting for access to inside the Guild Hall... as well as the battlements (which is available during SH Siege) as was promised after the SH release.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

This is one of those game features that is really super important to some players and not remotely important to others (from indifferent to outright suspicious like Chemjeff's post above).

Indeed, I would be happy if I get to access all my toons inventories at once if all are "at home". I am so tired of the constant reloging and "Connecting to the login server. Please wait" disappointment.

[...] systems as complicated as Strongholds already are, and not just... like... a house... that you can decorate and put some stuff in.

Considering the time it takes me to enter the stronghold map if was empty for 3 minutes I cannot even fathom the time I would spend in front of the loading screen having to watch my home being rebuild every time I left if for 3 consecutive minutes. *shudder*
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • hoperubyhoperuby Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Foundry could do the job.
  • karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Yes, player housing would be cool for sure. I would also like to see guide housing. At least some private areas in the Stronghold that are inside. Like a dining hall, rooms, etc. It would be great for RP. It would make the Strongholds feel "complete". And could possibly offer a whole new area of guild investment... if we even want to go there. :)
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
    They teased at guild halls for Mod 11b in the state of the game stream, so we shall see what the future holds.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I would love having housing in this game. The first step was already set with the Foundry and now with the guildhall (which basically is housing, just for guilds). My own in Neverwinter would definetly be something great :)
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Can I have a cemetery where I can bury people I don't like?

But seriously, EQ2 housing was fun, but I want more classes (like 5 more at least) way b4 I want a house. And I want the 3 still missing dungeons back (Lair of the Mad Dragon, the Temple of Idris, and the Dread Vault). And I want a pony. Not really, but I do want PVP to not just be a measure of how much time and/or money a person has spent playing the game (for the most part).

I think the UO housing sounded cool, but for it to really be worthwhile, you need a modern, improved version of UO or something similar.

One thing that might be good is being able to get trophies and stuff to decorate a guild hall like in EQ2. A guild hall that is able to be decorated or personalized in some way should probably come b4 personal player housing.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    Think of the money PWE could make by selling it's virtual real estate for real cash...
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

But seriously, EQ2 housing was fun, but I want more classes (like 5 more at least) way b4 I want a house. And I want the 3 still missing dungeons back (Lair of the Mad Dragon, the Temple of Idris, and the Dread Vault). And I want a pony. Not really, but I do want PVP to not just be a measure of how much time and/or money a person has spent playing the game (for the most part).

I think the UO housing sounded cool, but for it to really be worthwhile, you need a modern, improved version of UO or something similar.

One thing that might be good is being able to get trophies and stuff to decorate a guild hall like in EQ2. A guild hall that is able to be decorated or personalized in some way should probably come b4 personal player housing.

Take a look around on Neverwinter Preview and get some new housing ideas, I did.
  • safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User

Take a look around on Neverwinter Preview and get some new housing ideas, I did.
    If you mean they're implementing player housing on the Preview server, no thanks. I'll just wait to see it in game. If I'm still playing by then.
  • bannikus#8557 bannikus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I agree,housing would be great!!!! There are several zones that have static houses,usually in shambles,like in Blacklake and the Tower District. It would be a great option to purchase one of these and customize it. The only question is about how to handle them in so many instances? Would your house be accessible in all instances,or just the one you purchased it in? Could it be possible to have a different one in each instance,with different customizations for each? If each instance has a different owner for a specific building,would there have to be a limit in how many instances for each territory,like 50?
    Housing in Protector's Enclave would be the most valuable and least customizable,perhaps limited to paint options. Being the main hub,there would be a greater demand than say,Blacklake....(though I'd prefer one there,I'm weird :-) )
  • astavisastavis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    > What are your desires for a housing system in Neverwinter?
    First of all, it needs to be solid (ease of use, structural embeddedness into the game: not just a housing map somewhere out of town that has only minor or no real function for the rest of the game).
    Secondly, I really like your idea of being able to build your house from scratch. Buying heaps of land to build on and being able to expand your house once you've got it really add to that experience indeed.

> How do you want it implemented or envision it?
    Primarily, several houses, or housing spots in existing maps should be transformed for player use.
    Unused existing houses should become rentable (quality of the house should dictate currency & cost).
    Also, some "unexplored/unexpanded" parts of those maps could gain new housing areas.
    Whole new housing maps might be added, for example in Sharandar. Preferably, people should also find other things to do there. (E.g. heroic encounter attacks on their village, places where those enemies originate from, hunt & exchange rewards for furniture vouchers, etc.)

Use
    Besides gaining stats, people should also be able to manage their daily progress from their house. E.g. through interfacing with quest-npcs from various other maps ("received letters") and being able to travel to other maps directly from the housing location.

> What are some features you'd like a Housing system to have?
    Benefits
    • Walls & guards add to STR (walltype per square meter)
    • Comforts & servants add to CON (bed, chair, fireplace, waiter)
    • Flooring & gardens add to DEX
    • Utilities add to WIS (cubboards, kitchen & cook & from wooden tub to indoor pool)
    • Books & games add to INT
    • Adornments add to CHA (exterior and interior wall decoration, statues, pillars)
      Also,
    • Stables add x% to mount bonus & speed
    • Training facilities add minor stat improvement to the player and relatively major stat improvement to companions
    Other features
    • Players that are inactive for a long time (a year?) should lose their houses (that then go up for sale) and gain the net worth of their house, or the items that it consists of as a promissary note for a new location.
    • Players should be able to create families/shared households. Moreover, I think it should be accessable accountwide.
    • What would be really cool is if your Master Professionals (lvl25, epic/legend status?) could actually physically work at your house for you and for others that visit your place.

Costs
    • Tents & minor furniture: gold (tents should also be usable between roofless/perimeter walls)
    • Wooden structures & furniture: AD
    • Stone structures & personel: ZEN
    • Marble/Glass: Tradebars
    Post edited by astavis on
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Whilst its a 2d game thats over 20 years old I would suggest very much looking at the Ultima Online Housing System and how that works. Its one of the best player housing systems of all time.
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    I want there to be a closet to store all my fashion in. Thropies are cool too.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Can we get a prison ?
    I think that would be the most used room inside the Stronghold.

You do something bad ? Well, prison it is for you.
    When you enter Stronghold you end up inside that room , with bars.
    Until your guild leader lets you out.
    I mean i would ask for a dungeon as well.
    But i know we are not supposed to torture our guild newbies, or lock them in the trunks too... * sigh *
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    araneax said:

Can we get a prison ?
    I think that would be the most used room inside the Stronghold.

You do something bad ? Well, prison it is for you.
    When you enter Stronghold you end up inside that room , with bars.
    Until your guild leader lets you out.
    I mean i would ask for a dungeon as well.
    But i know we are not supposed to torture our guild newbies, or lock them in the trunks too... * sigh *

Prison being a mini game where they can earn something so it is beneficial and for the lolz. :)
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    As nice as official housing could be, if done well, I really do think I'd prefer to have the Foundry working instead
    For every feature we could possibly dream up to add to a really great player housing model, I'd still much rather have my home be a dungeon or castle that I designed so people would have a reason to visit

I've messed with housing in every game I've ever played, and I may have missed the one that had a housing feature that offered much more than just a load of cosmetic options to spend money on until I got bored with it and stopped traveling there

Any new feature has to be beneficial to the game first, players second if at all, though the best features are both

One of the best features a game can add is fixing an existing feature that is as notoriously broken as the Foundry, especially if they can remodel it to turn a profit or at least help the in game economy

Like many NW players, a big factor in downloading this game was the Foundry, and I was pretty disappointed that I could never get it to work... after spending a lot of time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, only to learn it was on an extended break due to a new mod and generally broken when it was ever up, I never went back

A player housing feature built on the foundations of the Foundry (not replacing it) that was more limited in scope and offering purchasable/earnable/winnable amenities where a player's home could offer value to other players through playable custom content would outstrip any housing in any game I've seen, and the bones for this already exist

This would at least give some of the Foundry back, and when the time and effort put into it paid off, hopefully the underlying Foundry itself could be brought back to life
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017

As nice as official housing could be, if done well, I really do think I'd prefer to have the Foundry working instead
    For every feature we could possibly dream up to add to a really great player housing model, I'd still much rather have my home be a dungeon or castle that I designed so people would have a reason to visit

I've messed with housing in every game I've ever played, and I may have missed the one that had a housing feature that offered much more than just a load of cosmetic options to spend money on until I got bored with it and stopped traveling there

Any new feature has to be beneficial to the game first, players second if at all, though the best features are both

One of the best features a game can add is fixing an existing feature that is as notoriously broken as the Foundry, especially if they can remodel it to turn a profit or at least help the in game economy

Like many NW players, a big factor in downloading this game was the Foundry, and I was pretty disappointed that I could never get it to work... after spending a lot of time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, only to learn it was on an extended break due to a new mod and generally broken when it was ever up, I never went back

A player housing feature built on the foundations of the Foundry (not replacing it) that was more limited in scope and offering purchasable/earnable/winnable amenities where a player's home could offer value to other players through playable custom content would outstrip any housing in any game I've seen, and the bones for this already exist

This would at least give some of the Foundry back, and when the time and effort put into it paid off, hopefully the underlying Foundry itself could be brought back to life

On the foundry being used for housing: Aye, this is what I proposed in the original post here, for the foundry to be used as the backbone for a housing system.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Well, no offense, but the foundry appears to be dead and burried for a long time now...
    When was the last time they actually updated and improved the foundry?

I'd suggest to start looking for other options, something that can be done without great time investments, and that they might be willing to fit in between module updates.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    foundry dont work if you just got a new trophies and required loads of updates.
    it better to have standard homes like Eq2 or ESO that we can click placement tools to work with.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Just back playing after a long break, so I do not know all the ins-and-outs of what's changed and what's new, but yes, I would like to see some sort of account-based housing.

Just make them a little personal zone accessible at a zone gate like any other destination.

Houses like "Cabin in the woods", "shorefront property", "Halfling hole", "mountain dwelling", "treehouse", and so on.

They would all be the same on the outside to start, though they would have additions that could be purchased, and, of course, the insides would be up to our characters to figure out.

Maybe make the houses and expansions for them (you could have a small, one-room cabin in the woods, or you could have a small fortress in the woods after adding extra rooms, another out-building for storage (bank access?), some walls, and guard towers) Zen market purchases, and they could even include some decorations in the Zen market, but there should be in-game ways to get decorations, too.

If I kill a bear then there should be a chance of that bear dropping a bearskin rug, or if I kill 500 bears I should be able to mount a bear head on the wall, for a couple of easy examples.

If I run the Cloak Tower dungeon then maybe I could find a rare painting drop or some fancy rug. That sort of thing.