test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch notes (Fictitious)

Comments

• daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Classes and Balance

Control Wizard: Shatter feat from Opressor feat tree change.

The 100% weapon damage from control powers against control immune targets will work as follows:

This feat will be triggered by every power/encounter/at will from an Opressor, and not only from control powers. And the weapon damage is inversely proportional to the target control resist at the moment of the attack. A target with 80% control resist, will receive 80% of the weapon damage. A target with 100% control resist will receive 100% of weapon damage. This weapon damage will work like Lostmauth's set, and can be buffed by the player power and damage multipliers.

Trickster Rogue: Stealth is reduced when hit by control powers. Impossible to Catch cooldown increased to 30s.
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    best post eva
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User

+ Elminster is now voiced by Sean Connery.

Knox is now voiced by james earl jones.

Neverember is voiced by lawrence fishburne. Because why not.

• ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

I like it. I like it a lot. Keep it up.

I also like it so much I'm going to pre-emptively issue a warning here. If anyone starts trolling this thread or violating the forum rules, they'll be struck down with extreme prejudice. I'm standing by with a wand of fireballs and flasks of acid.

You've been warned.

Edit: How about a wand that shoots flaming gnome alchemists who also throw flasks of acid?

Wand of Fireballs? Fireball is not in Neverwinter......Anywhere player side.

You need to ban yourself for hacking good sir.... :)

• wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ITEMS AND ECONOMY

+T2 final bosses may now drop BoE item sets *Insert a new, BiS set of anything you want, jewellery, artifacts, companion items, anything*. Each boss can drop only 1 specific part of the set, so you need to run all possible T2s to complete it.
    SKILLS AND BALANCE
    +Skills may now work differently in PvP and PvE - no more balance issues with fixing things in 1 mode and breaking them in other.
    Post edited by wentris on

We acknowledge that virtuous clerics and faithful clerics have trouble soloing in the level 70 areas so we have altered the capstone a little bit to accommodate them.

Or...

We acknowledge that virtuous clerics and faithful clerics have trouble soloing in the level 70 areas so we have added a
    class feature similar to the OP's Aura of Solitude that increases their damage and healing while not within 30' of another player.
    The only problem i have with this (although i play a righteous dc and would love it) is that it would also increase righteous damage, which the dev's did not want to do - they don't to turn it into a dps class. You should not be at the top of the damage dealer chart if everyone has equal gear.

Although if the op is generating shields faster than you are putting out damage at an equal gear level something is wrong.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

1. on each Stronghold Siege instance there will be opened 2 channels for team1 and team2 , like i said, each instance #1 or #2 will have its own separate CHANNELS

Not sure but I think the /raid channel works like this for stronghold team communication - brightgreen text by default. Used it once and others did seem to see it. I wonder if works also in Tiamat and Gauntylgrym.

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    21. Removed first and second skill nodes from Ghost Stories
    22. Gave eCC an 'airlock' two-stage door.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    zeusom said:

Here are some fictitious 'patch notes' compiled from some random ideas rattling around between veteran players recently. What are your fake patch note ideas? Add here. Edit: added a few more bullets to the op.

PVP AND STRONGHOLDS

• Stronghold overload enchants are now Bound (account) like the SH food buffs instead of Bound (character).
    • Most buff potions are now on a combat timer similar to overload enchants rather than a standard timer.
    • A queue timer has been added that shows how long a player has been waiting in queue.
    • Players who disconnect have a chance to reconnect to a match rather than being forced to take loss and penalty.
    • Avalanche boon now stacks at a limit of no more than 2 stacks per second and no longer multiprocs.
    • Elven battle enchantment no longer triggers a bleeding damage loop against thorned roots.
    • Guild Strongholds are now customizable with a variety of cosmetic modifications such as guild banners, graphics, dyes, and cosmetic items/objects.
    • A small pvp flag practice area has been added to the stronghold map.
    • A /trade channel has been added which crosses all strongholds instances or all game zones
    • The PvP domination leaderboard now calculates ELO correctly.
    • PvP respawn timer now starts at 5 sec and increases by 1 sec for every minute the match has progressed (up to 20 sec).
    • Initial node cap progression is no longer "shared" between opposing teams.
    • The PvP campaign has been updated. Double and triple kills work in GG. Kill 1000 NPCs has been reduced to 250.

ITEMS AND ECONOMY

• The costs and requirements of many strongholds upgrades has been reduced.
    • An additional belt item slot has been added for a total of (4) belt items.
    • The quality of unique belt slot items may now be upgraded (green, blue, epic) through professions.
    • Powerpoints are now granted with each Level 70 overflow or may be purchased with Zen.
    • Artifacts are now Bound (account) but each upgrade tier has a minimum level requirement (L70 for mythic).
    • Celestial bags of refining from invocation now stack up to 99 in inventory.
    • Strongholds vouchers may be deposited into a guild bank for storage.
    • Mount skins are now transmutable. Rank 3 mounts may be upgraded to rank 4.
    • Costs of other hardcoded expenses such as companion upgrades, transmutes, and bazaar items have been reduced.
    • A transmute vendor has been added where phased out gear may be purchased for transmute.
    • A separate dedicated RP bag has been added alongside main, professions, and companion bag tabs.
    • Continued class balancing and economy balancing changes as metalldj and others suggested.

COMMUNITY

• As a capstone of these positive changes, Neverwinter will hold a Grand Relaunch campaign to draw player base back into the game through advertisement, incentives, and prizes.

ps. The new dev team is doing a terrific job relative to the prior one. Fundamentals are being addressed. Changes are coming far faster and are more sensible.
    +1 to all of this! Absolutely great suggestions!
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

+ Elminster is now voiced by Sean Connery.

Knox is now voiced by james earl jones.

Neverember is voiced by lawrence fishburne. Because why not.

+ Khelben Blackstaff is now voiced by Patrick Stewart.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I agree with others regarding a 'quick change' button to swap armor/powers. As a DC who solos a lot of content, it takes me a bit of time to swap my gear, dailies, encounters, class features & potions to my group setup.

Also, didn't see this one yet:
    • Swapping Artifact Weapon Powers/Features no longer costs astral diamonds. The active power or feature on main and off-hand artifact weapons are included in the new load-out change button.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

And just a note in the "be careful what you wish for" category:
    Guild Strongholds are now customizable with a variety of cosmetic modifications such as guild banners, graphics, dyes, and cosmetic items/objects.
    I fear this could be interpreted in the way it is "offered" in the other PWE game that I play, as a limited-time project offer to dump about 500,000 AD per static cosmetic change (as in "add banners to your guild hall"), not as what I believe is being envisioned. Perhaps the statement would be better if modified a bit: "Guild Stronghold Marketplaces now have a variety of cosmetic modifications available for purchase with guild marks or gold or coffer holdings. New and varied items are added as the marketplace increases in level.

Although I would love this feature, I do not see how it would be implemented without a complete re-write, due to the instancing of the strongholds. Just as the various structures are already placed, and the stronghold is "built" with the on/off switches when you travel to it, I would assume they would only use the same mechanic for any cosmetic changes.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    -- Foundry Quests can now start anywhere on the Stronghold Map.
    kreatyve said:

+ While Foundry no longer drops any items from Dragon's Hoard Enchantments

FYI: I got a peridot on my 2% DHE character and a peridot and aquamarine on my 1% DHE character today in the Foundry.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

-- Foundry Quests can now start anywhere on the Stronghold Map.

kreatyve said:

+ While Foundry no longer drops any items from Dragon's Hoard Enchantments

FYI: I got a peridot on my 2% DHE character and a peridot and aquamarine on my 1% DHE character today in the Foundry.
    Can confirm that DH are working in Foundrys
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    fictitious 'patch notes':

All items bound to character or bound to account may now be "unbound" in a method similar to salvaging epic level items... For a fee (AD's) of course.
    DD~
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Backpack
    • Every item except armor parts stack up to 100 (every damn item, even bag items)
    • The profession bag automatically generates one additional slot if needed

Invoking
    • Fixed the issue where you couldn't invoke at the first time properly
    • Refining Items from the Celestiale Bag are now bind on account not character anymore

Professions
    • Leadership: Rough Astral Diamonds are deleted from every task
    • Leadership: Tasks that had formerly Rough Astral Diamonds as reward now grant Diamonds Chest of different Quality. If you open a chest you get a certain amount of Rough Astral Diamonds. The quantity of rough astral diamonds is set to the quality (White=200; Green=400; Blue=800; Purple=1.600). To open the chests you need a special "magical lock pick" Item. The diamond chests and magical lock picks are bound to account.

Boss Drops
    • Endboss in every instance now drops magical lock picks to open Diamonds Chests. 3-5 for T1 Endboss, 5-8 for T2 Endboss. Additional magical lock picks can be aquired if you open a the Chest at the end of a dungeon or skirmish (5 at Dungeon, 3 at Skirmishs).

Heroic Encounter
    • Heroic Encounter can drop diamond chests. The quality of the drop is determind by the level of the encounter and how much impact the character had on the encounter.

Companions
    • Fixed an issue with the Honeybadger where he played death after he lost all his Hitpoints in a battle.

Anti-Bot Measurments
    • A new system or more likely a number of system was implemented to fight bots.
    • The limit to refine rough astral diamonds into astral diamonds is only at level 70 at 24.000 AD on lower level it is smaller, based on a percentage (Example: Level 35 Characters can only refine 12.000 RAD into AD. Level 60 Characters can only refine 20.400 AD per day)
    • Character below level 11 can't aquire experience through killings monsters only through quests. Because of this change the quest line from 1 to 11 is streamlined.
    • Every dungeon from Level 1 to 10 now has an anti-bot mechanic in it which is displayed as simple riddle to further progress in the dungeon.
    • Every Skirmish and T1/T2 Dungeon has a anti-bot mechanic in form of a riddle to unlock the final Bossroom. Once the riddle is completed the players doesn't need to solve it again to enter the boss room again (incase of a group wipe).
    • Characters below level 11 can't write in any chat.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Tenacity hav been reduced to half allowing other builds than defensive.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    vinceent1 is not able anymore to type "exploit" "pvp guilds" "blabla" more than once every 5 messages.

seriously:

1) feytouch now have an internal cooldown of 10 seconds.
    2) thorned roots doesnt tick 30 times anymore on elven battle users.
    3) All dailies back in game.
    4) An official statement that every new mod will have a new dungeon.
    5) Paladin bubble daily duration halved in pvp.
    6) Wilde medicine (hr combat feat) back to its formal glory.
    7) Hr damage increased by 30%
    8) Cruel recovery ( hr class feature ) can now stack
    9) Shocking execution damage increased by 100%, it now respects all forms of defense.
    10) GWF base damage increased by 30% on some encounters, damage bonus in destroyer tree halved.
    11) Scoundrel TR now have bonus damage on cc immune target.
    12) Capping system in pvp back to how it used to work.
    13) Clerics and paladins cant heal catapults in sh pvp.
    14) all female npcs have now greater HAMSTER.

• spelltrapspelltrap Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    1. There is now a minimum cooldown of 0.5 seconds between all encounters, and dailies regardless of feats, skills, stats, or gear.

2. At-wills now have a minimum cooldown of 0.2 seconds regardless of feats, skills, stats, or gear.

3. The ability to macro cast at speeds beyond human capability have been removed.

4. Effects from at-wills, encounters, or dailies only take effect after completely cast. Cancelling an at-will, encounter, or daily will trigger the respective cooldown.

5. Heavy lag periods during game play will trigger a recording for the developer team to review in order to detect macro casting and unanticipated item/companion interactions that multiproc.

6. Anyone found to be macro casting shall be permanently banned.

7. A hard cap has been set to all stats to prevent ratings such as power from reaching above "example" 40,000. ( Whatever the determined maximum should be at the time in game.)

8. The (Moderators) will now Observe (as an invisible 3rd party) gameplay on a regular basis and will investigate class balance issues. They will then report these issues to the Devs. (I suggest observing best in slot or near best in slot groups since these seem to be the most successful in game when it comes to pvp and pve.)
    Captain Jack Level 70 DC.

.BLADE RUNNERS.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2015

1. The bug with Elven Battle allowing some gimp player to bleed you to death with roots or Avalanche has finally been fixed.
    2. The broken Black Ice Domination zones are finally fixed so that players can actually get their third pvp artifact coffer.
    3. Double and triple kills now actually are counted again in Gauntlgrym. We're not sure why we stopped doing this.
    4. Gauntlgrym and Domination pvp are now solo queue only. The leaver penalty has been reinstated in Gauntlgrym, but a mechanism has been added that allows us to tell whether a player has disconnected from pvp of his or her own volition, or otherwise, and players who have not intentionally left a match will not be penalized.
    5. Damage done from stealth by TRs has been cut by 50% in pvp.
    6. The thanking and healing abilities of paladins have all had their effectiveness reduced by 50% in pvp.
    7. Unstoppable has an internal cooldown of 15 seconds. Sprint now drains stamina twice as quickly in pvp. Additionally, Unstoppable no longer provdes complete control immunity but only halved the duration of control powers on the player while it is active.
    8. All HR-only nerfs to damage over time procs have been undone. Weapon enchantments now apply to all HR abilities, just like they do to EVERY OTHER CLASS.
    9. The damage done by Repel has been halved in pvp.
    10. HRs can now select their ranged and melee abilities independently of one another, so that players in that class will no longer be using one of the same two rotations.
    11. The HP of and damage done by epic Traven Blackdagger have been reduced by 60%. We're not sure why we took so long to do this. We also got rid of the exploits in ECC. Took us long enough, right?
    12. Salvage value of weapons and armor have been restored to mod 4 levels.
    13. The leadership profession has been completely rewritten to make leveling as fast as all other crafting professions. Lengthy tasks to make all three levels of Marks of Potency have been added.
    14. The cost of transmutes to the appearance of items crafted by players has been reduced by 90%, as has the cost of companion upgrades and every single other AD sink in the game.
    15. Celestial bags of refining are now stackable. RP from them is no longer bound. That was a dumb idea, we know.
    16. All SH vouchers have now been moved to the currency inventory, whose size has been expanded to make room.
    17. Crushing roots has a maximum duration per player of 3 seconds, followed by 1 second of immunity to it. However, all HR encounters, dailies and at-wills have been buffed by 60%.
    18. The control duration of GF prone and disable abilities has been halved in pvp.
    19. All endgame-level quests award 3000 RAD apiece up to the daily maximum of 24,000. However, accepting each quest and award requires a specific player response to a random prompt.
    20. Forest Ghost now works like tab does for TRs, and is no longer bugged and all but useless.
    21. We finally got rid of Cold Steel Hurricane and replaced it with something that is easy to direct and does damage consistent with other classes' daily powers.
    22. The time required to craft Elemental Aggregates and Unified Elements has been cut to 1 day and 3 days, respectively.
    23. We actually got rid of the lag in SH pvp. Turns out that was pretty easy to do.
    24. And oh yeah, Astral Seal and Prism no longer cause lag in 25-man raids. Not sure why it took us so long to fix this.
    25. GWF animations no longer do damage without the player's weapon contacting the other player's sprite. So GWF is actually a melee class now.
    26. Gushing wound actually activates every time the encounter key is pressed instead of making the player wait through the animation two or three times to see if it has gone on cooldown.
    27. All weapon and armor enchantments have been re-balanced to make them equally useful. Some work better for certain classes and paragon paths than others, but this is how it should have been all along, right?
    28. Hey, guess what? The old dungeons you've wanted since the launch of mod 6 are back!
    29. Hindering Strike is no longer charge-limited. Not sure why we did that in the first place.
    30. All epic-level rings can now be crafted in Jewelcrafting to add an extra slot.
    31. It is now possible for players to allocate stats from a pool of a given size when crafting level 60-70 armor and weapons. So, for instance, Trappers will no longer have a silly and useless amount of Recovery in their armor instead of Critical Strike or Power. Each stat's potential maximum is, of course, capped at the maximum level provided by any armor otherwise available in-game.
    32. TRs now deflect 50% of damage in pvp instead of 75%.
    33. Reflector builds have been disabled. That never made sense anyway.
    34. The nerf to Dragon's Hoard Enchantments has been reversed. They once again drop RP as before, but it must be picked up by the player within 1 minute.
    35. 12-day Leatherworking tasks at level 25 to craft 24-slot bags have been added.
    36. The RNG no longer applies to crafting tasks. They just work.
    37. In fact the RNG has been rewritten to actually provide the level of chance advertised and upgrades to enchantments (except those with a 1% success rate) will automatically succeed once the player has expended more than 150% of the attempts that should have been necessary to achieve success according to the odds.
    38. Also, every last boon and power has had its description rewritten to provide accurate and complete information on the chance every power has to proc, so that players can make informed decisions about their builds.
    39. Class sigils can now be refined into other artifacts or artifact gear at a 1:1 ratio. They have no intrinsic refinement value when empty.
    40. The player's personal bank now has an AD slot so AD need not be transferred through the ZAX between characters on the same account.
    41. Most in-game currencies have been replaced with gold. Rare-level equipment can be purchased with gold for any level, but is inferior to that which can be crafted by players.
    42. Equipment equal in stats pools to that awarded in dungeons and bought with seals can now be crafted by players for the same price in seals, provided that they have the requisite professions and equipment. However, it is customizable by players as in #31 above.
    43. Mounts can now be re-skinned for the same reduced transmutation price as weapons and armor.
    44. It is now possible for players to form their own 25-person groups for the Temple of Tiamat.
    45. Players who are repeatedly and accurately reported for going afk in Tiamat will be banned from that events for 7 days for each offense.
    46. We got rid of the RNG in the Fetch Quest and made the bones shareable. Take that, ninjas!
    47. We got rid of the stats added by certain mounts. It turns out that was a terrible idea.
    48. AP and stamina drain wards now work as described and can no longer be exploited.
    49. Damage done by all dragons in the stronghold has been reduced to a reasonable level. We know, we should have learned our lesson from mod 6 Tiamat but sometimes we just can't help ourselves.
    50. A spam filter has been added to zone chat. Finally, right?

Pretty much all of this but one more added:

51. We have replaced all instances of Lesser Marks of Potency with Marks of Potency in skill nodes found across the level 70+ zones (Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, Well of Dragons). The same applies to Marks of Potency being replaced by Greater Marks of Potency. Because who needs 100's of Lesser Marks of Potency at level 70.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    Well, you can still use them for refinement points.
  • ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    +When you have an empty slot on potions, after talking with wizard in SH PvP treleport scroll will be placed to this empty spot.
    +A new button tab added to campign panel for stronghold that opens Gemmomencer and Guild Outfitter to sale items whereever you are.
    + VIP functions such as summoning a signpost can now be assigned to a hotkey.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

+ VIP functions such as summoning a signpost can now be assigned to a hotkey.

/bind v genaddwindow vipaction_root

Change v to whichever key you want to bring up the VIP window.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    - The VIP professions vendor now has a potions and injury kit tab. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • roadki11ukroadki11uk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    -Halflings can disable the visuals on footwear. The reason being they are halflings and halflings don't wear shoes!
    + Players with VIP access will now have access to the Neverwinter Nights minigame

(Nah, that's a terrible idea)
  • ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    + A small area added to SH map. This area allow guild players to enter and fight aganist each other as 1v1. This area works as PvP area just like Icewind regions. (Which's aim is to provide a challenge to players for their guild mates also to test their current situation)
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Hunter Ranger
    * Crushing Roots: This power no longer works on other players. The daze duration has been increased by 100%. The tooltip has been updated to reflect these changes.
    * General: The base damage of several HR skills have been increased.
    edited September 2015

Quoting:

obviously you are using this to complain about ur cleric an sw, , stating they have a tough time, so does any player at low level, please refrain from crying about such things

Response: Please learn a bit about the person you are talking about, i was kinda close to reaching the top 100 pvp clerics during the testing of the neverwinter combat league.

I dont play sw. I was including them so people did not think i was focusing on one class. I pointed out that righteous dc's did not need a damage boost. Virtuous and faithful did.

I pointed out that dc's and sw's are at a disadvantage in pvp. PvP needs to have balanced powers and class features. Do you think it is a coincedence that transcendent elven enchantments are found on many powerful dc's?

Tenacity + control resistance was supposed to fulfill this need but it does not even come close. I just want the dev's to acknowledge this in a friendly manner.

3100 ilevel faithfull dc should not take half an hour to kill a bear in iwd. seriously.

please refrain from accusing people in this thread.

• gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Classes
    • We will be introducing two new classes for testing on the preview server pre module 8 for testing "Psionic Striker" and the "Primal controller".

• All abilities will now have a innate .15 second delay before activation of other abilities.

• Warlocks soul puppets can now be dismissed.

• Warlock Soul puppet has had a art rework in order to bring it more inline with hellish minions in the 9 hells.

• Warlock's soul shard ability can now be used as a constant activated heal on demand as long as you do not use soul shards.

• Warlock's Shadow slip has now been replaced with Dark form.

• Warlock's now have a new defensive ability added "Fear.".

Foundry
    • Foundry achieavements can now be obtained again.

Crafting

• Dragons have now been added as NPCs for foundry creation.

• Rare gear drops have been added to certain difficult foundry's loot tables.

Mounts
    • Wagons have been added to the list of mounts.

• Griffons have been added to the list of obtainable mounts.
    Character creation
    • More "authentic" hair styles have been added to avatar models as choices.

Environment
    • Instanced player housing has been added as "Inns" in PE.

Crafting
    overlaid cloaks can now be created with tailored designs by players with the new vanity crafting sphere.

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos