test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time to Have Some Fun (and chance to win a GMOP)

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
edited September 2015 in The Foundry
Humor. Since the time of the first Dragons, known as the best medicine.

Emotions have been running high, in the forums and in the game. It's time to step back, and take a breath or two.

I created a Foundry mission that pokes good-natured fun at some of the issues we have been going through. Hopefully, it will give everyone a chance to laugh at some of the things that have frustrated us.

Since the Foundry has been nerfed, er, removed of exploits, I'll throw in a little treasure of my own.

Write your review by September 30th, 2015 for a chance to win one of two Greater Marks of Potency. The review that makes me laugh the most, wins! All other reviews will be entered in a random drawing for the second mark.

If Cryptic announces a plan to restore some AD to Leadership, in a balanced and fair manner, I'll even upgrade those GMOP's to Superior Marks of Potency.

So here it is, Cryptic of Kelemvor (NW-DQMV5SWT5).

Moderation Note: Please don't move this to The Foundry, where posts go to die. At least, not yet. This Foundry speaks directly to the issues hotly discussed in General Discussion, and should give everyone a chance to laugh about the issues.
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
Post edited by tripsofthrymr on

Comments

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Some early reviews are in
    That was fun and funny (yet sooo true).
    A snarky examination of recent game complaints without devolving into pointless anger.
    Just the right level of snark... and a fun dungeon romp to boot.
    After nerfing the Druid, I was ROTFLOL.
    It's always good to be able to make people laugh during a stressful situation, and you did a great job of it.

• Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    :D

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Well, if it has Strum's laugh of approval perhaps I'll give it a try.
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    We need more of this sort of thing, excellent work. :)
  • Options

We need more of this sort of thing, excellent work. :)

Glad you enjoyed it :-)

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    heh... we'll give ya a couple days here but inevitably, it will need to be moved to its proper home.

Moderation Note: Please don't move this to The Foundry, where posts go to die. At least, not yet. This Foundry speaks directly to the issues hotly discussed in General Discussion, and should give everyone a chance to laugh about the issues.

For what it is worth, if players posted in the proper forums to begin with, then others would look there to begin with. The only ones making things seem as though they don't get views are the posters themselves by feeding that type of mentality to begin with by automatically assuming things "die" in any forum other than General and then posting only in General. That's like forming/feeding one's own catch-22.

Also, while General does get the most posts, almost all of our subforums here get comparable views.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I played this quest. I found it very humorous. :D I gave it 5 stars. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'll try to get around to it later in the week. Maybe after the stream tomorrow evening.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    zebular said:

For what it is worth, if players posted in the proper forums to begin with, then others would look there to begin with. The only ones making things seem as though they don't get views are the posters themselves by feeding that type of mentality to begin with by automatically assuming things "die" in any forum other than General and then posting only in General. That's like forming/feeding one's own catch-22.

Thanks for leaving it here for a few days. I appreciate it.

The Foundry is a bit of a special case, I believe, regarding sub-forums. Due to reasons discussed in the appropriate place, very few players seek out Foundry content these days. Perhaps sub-forum traffic is stronger than actual foundry plays; I don't have access to the forum stats.

• Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Zeb - You guys took away the 'new posts' functionality therefore you created the aforementioned issue. Posting from an iPhone where I can't be bothered to browse the other subforums.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015

Zeb - You guys took away the 'new posts' functionality therefore you created the aforementioned issue. Posting from an iPhone where I can't be bothered to browse the other subforums.

Incorrect, it is now called "Discussions" and is linked uptop each page in the forum. As well, when you reply to a thread, or highlight the Star (favorite) symbol on it's top right, you'll get notifications for it in your top menu, the world icon.

Never-the-less, even before we had these much better social features (plus tagging users like @zebular and hashtags like #foundry ), players were still bickering how moving anything out of General was a death sentence. Now that we have even more social features, this should be even less the case, even though it never really was.
  • Options
    zebular said:

Incorrect, it is now called "Discussions" and is linked uptop each page in the forum. As well, when you reply to a thread, or highlight the Star (favorite) symbol on it's top right, you'll get notifications for it in your top menu, the world icon.

I think there might be some communication / education issues among the forum users. I have only slowly discovered the new features. Is there a Guide to the new Forum? It might help some of these issues to prominently link to an overview of the cool features.

• Options
    edited September 2015

zebular said:

I think there might be some communication / education issues among the forum users. I have only slowly discovered the new features. Is there a Guide to the new Forum? It might help some of these issues to prominently link to an overview of the cool features.

A preview of most of the features our forums offer can be found here:
    https://vanillaforums.com/features/user-experience

Complete guides to the Vanilla forums can be found here:
    https://vanillaforums.com/resources/documentation

We're ironing out our Extended FAQ (part duex), when it goes live, I'll make sure such links are listed there as well. Currently, clicking the Vanilla logo at the bottom of the site takes you to the Vanilla site where all this info is located. Perhaps we can even get these features detailed specifically there also. As the EFAQ is being rebuilt from the ground-up, it's taking quite some time to compile (a Game Employee needs to finish this) and then will need formatted (Community Staff will do this) into a navigatable and updatable thread.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • Options
    A different kind of "audience" views general than views foundry.

Granted, I question whether said audience is the audience this thread needs to be directed at. By which I mean me. I'm a pretty awful person!
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    I fukn died at I came in through the main stairs~ They removed that last patch ROFL!
  • Options
    rustlord said:

I fukn died at I came in through the main stairs~ They removed that last patch ROFL!

Glad that made you laugh :-)

• Options
    felixkelllfelixkelll Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    This is going to be the first thing I do after the stream this afternoon. Good idea, and looking forward to it - is always good to remember at the end of the day that you play games to enjoy them!
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I felt quite sad while killing my leadership army...
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    I left a lameo joke that is lame and stupid, but also added some review.

Also, enjoy your 50 AD sir! Hopefully it will help pay off that GMOP cost :P
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Last day to play Trips' quest. Totally worth your while just for a giggle.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

Well you can still play it after today, but the drawing is happening once "today" has passed in all time zones :-)

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Well you can still play it after today, but the drawing is happening once "today" has passed in all time zones :-)

Yes, right, correct, quest will not be withdrawn after the draw. :-)

Anyway! Totally worth playing even without a chance at a prize.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Congratulations to the contest winners

@andorrabell
    @confusedpoof

Thank you to everyone that took the time to play the quest!