test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you Scott Shicoff and the team (leveling fixed soon?)

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Just read the blog were he says that they are fixing the leveling from level 61 to 70. Nice news are there. We can be more hopeful for the future of the game, developers cares about feedback. I'm still betting mine money on this game.
Hope everything will be implemented as soon as possible. Both newbies and old gamers really need it; i would like mine guildmates join mine end game content, like anyone else I think.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9502353

Thanks again.
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Hmmm. A little more good news. I did think it was funny when he thanked us all for our "patience" though. My patience was running pretty thin. Anyone who was patient and did not rant should get a little in game reward. (This would exclude me). I vote for one free coalescent ward for them. o:)
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Indeed good news, thanks Scott. Nice to see not only the XP grind reduced but the 'reworking' of the vigilance quests and the difficulty. This will be welcomed by the solo crew especially.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I knew that this was coming close to being resolved. Strum has been fighting for us for weeks on this matter... that I know for a fact. I am more than happy with the results, considering that they were not originally willing to budge on either case.

I am 100% satisfied with the XP issue... not really but they have given us a compromise. I am fine with this compromise.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I think their strategy was to slow down progression for new players. The playerbase was disliking MOD 6 endgame and that would take some time to fix. So a solution to avoid creating a huge number of unsatisfied players was to slow down progression for new players, so they wouldn't get to mod 6 endgame and be disappointed.

And now that things are getting better with a new mod launched, they can get back to fixing mod 6 bugs and return new players progression speed to a better level.
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    awesome! I've been waiting for this. I thought it would never happen. I'm glad to be proven wrong.
    Levelling and lv 70 areas should me much more manageable for casuals now. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    LOL.

The only person that should be thanked is Andy. Scott is the one that approved ALL of those game-breaking features to begin with.
  • gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I read this article wondering if there was to be increased difficulty in some mobs - but all I read was about DEcreased HP buffs. And from what I understand it hasn't been implemented yet so maybe it has nothing to do with the rest of this post but...

...I think something's gone wrong somewhere. I was playing my lvl 67 cleric yesterday in The Fiery Pit and the mobs I was killing without much trouble yesterday were kicking my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> today after the maintenance patch. I mean seriously bad. Some mobs were taking 3 times as long to get down using the same technique as the day before. Same powers, same armour, same weapon, same level... *shrugs*

Anyone else notice this?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I read this article wondering if there was to be increased difficulty in some mobs - but all I read was about DEcreased HP buffs. And from what I understand it hasn't been implemented yet so maybe it has nothing to do with the rest of this post but...

...I think something's gone wrong somewhere. I was playing my lvl 67 cleric yesterday in The Fiery Pit and the mobs I was killing without much trouble yesterday were kicking my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> today after the maintenance patch. I mean seriously bad. Some mobs were taking 3 times as long to get down using the same technique as the day before. Same powers, same armour, same weapon, same level... *shrugs*

Anyone else notice this?

The changes are not live yet. Firey Pit has issues where ordinary mobs will spawn with HE-difficulty, which sounds like what you're seeing. Look at their health bars. If you see a fancy gold border, you're in for it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I'm glad you guys are happy. It'd be super helpful if you guys could also comment on the main announcement thread so the devs can see easier that you guys are loving this change. Thanks!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    yeah, changes aren't live yet. they'll be added soon
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    People: this isn't a "gift" - screw the "thank you" - my response is "what took you so farking long?" This is where it should have been all along instead of that bastardized abomination that was. That it took so long to realize it is an embarrassing disgrace the way I see it.

No, no 'thank you' accolades from me. Just a good stern scowl and slap on the hand.

I will admit I am harsh as nails in this thread. In the official thread I did express my "Finally!!!" sentiment in a pithy way.
  • gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    The changes are not live yet. Firey Pit has issues where ordinary mobs will spawn with HE-difficulty, which sounds like what you're seeing. Look at their health bars. If you see a fancy gold border, you're in for it.

I see. Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    People: this isn't a "gift" - screw the "thank you" - my response is "what took you so farking long?" This is where it should have been all along instead of that bastardized abomination that was. That it took so long is an embarrassing disgrace the way I see it.

No, no 'thank you' accolades from me. Just a good stern scowl and slap on the hand.

Or, like the team manager in Major League said, "Nice catch, Hayes, don't ever ****ing do it again."
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    People: this isn;t a "gift" - screw the "thank you" - my response is what took you of farming long? This is where it should have been all along instead of that bastardized abomination that was.

No, no thank you from me. Just a good stern scowl and slap on the hand for finally trying to get it right. whether it actually is or not will reveal itself in the first couple weeks after implementation.

Andy should be thanked 100%. He's our lobbyist and fought hard to repeal that nonsense patch they implemented.

Andy has singlehandedly done what Congress has been unable to do for 50+ years now.

Scott & team though. Yeah, no. Get back to the 9-5. You'll get my thanks when you can add something that you didn't break & ignore - like the DR instagib bug going on for the last 3 months.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    We're going to have LOTS of testing in our future. Today, my HR has pretty darned near the theoretical maximum defense possible (20.3k) and 100k HP, which barely lets her survive a non-telegraphed minion hit in an epic dungeon. That will be one of my acid tests. WoD Black Dragonwings (after they use their growth spell) will be another.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    My lv60-69 characters will be pleased with this change. Thumbs up!
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Thumbs up from me here. One less thing to alienate the player base, especially new players grinding their way to 70.

I might actually dust off some of my alts now and venture back into these zones, perhaps get my main hand for them. :)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Just read the blog were he says that they are fixing the leveling from level 61 to 70. Nice news are there. We can be more hopeful for the future of the game, developers cares about feedback. I'm still betting mine money on this game.
    Hope everything will be implemented as soon as possible. Both newbies and old gamers really need it; i would like mine guildmates join mine end game content, like anyone else I think.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9502353

Thanks again.

Thanks for what, un-effing a complete and total disaster of an unwanted change?

what a slap in the face to us PC players that we are basically beta testers for the xbox releases
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Hey man, I joined back in Neverwinter beta, so I can't complain about being a beta tester :D
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Let's do use the official thread for feedback on this. Feel free to repost there-in, aye! Thanks. :)

Updates to Difficulty and Leveling Speed

This discussion has been closed.