test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you think the difficulty of epic dungeons is too hard?

jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Keep it civil and simple. This is a numbers game. Not and open invite for bashing, complaining, etc.

Do you think the difficulty of epic dungeons is too hard? 147 votes

Yes
72%
fdsakhfduewhfiufogariousguille23mxsockmunkeywarpetzyllianngeoffreysblazious11quistranachtarbouillehfleeteyceaethersilence1xsorce#8115klangeddinsantralafaxmynaamkaristianahighlyunstablesilverkelt 107 votes
No
27%
hmdq#4491balorinspideymtzebularmagenubbiesuicidalgodothedgebetnandiiiskuggros1jack69assumschechroococcidarkstarcrashdarthpotaterdeceondarkbladecushparlsilvetazklienekemi1984mamalion1234 40 votes

Comments

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    No
    Is not too hard. Its hard, but not too hard.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Yes
    First off, if they removed the exploits on ECC , the amount of times this would be run would be halved.

I would then increase the i level needed, as they are not correct for the most part.

THEN to fix progression, t1s should drop RP as should t2s, so people could RUN DDS and gear up.

Etos is doable legit wise, the rest are much more difficult. IT usually takes a specific combination to do them legit.

Its not that they are hard, its the game is so effing boring to progress in now.. where playing the game barely makes a difference..

Do you get that part? playing the game barely makes a difference in progression.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    No
    It had been too hard after Mod 6 launch, the attenuation some weeks ago made them grindier, but more doable. The run-to-the-boss, part, that is. As for the bosses themselves, and the fights with them, I'd rather vote "yes", though...
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    No
    Compared to other games, the dungeons here are easy. People are only complaining because they used to this game been a cakewalk.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No
    I have recently gave a shot to a game where leveling dungeons (like the 25-70 tos here) were harder than epic dungeons in this game. If anything, except of fixing DR bug and exploits, I would add some more interesting mechanics - like Ethraniev Marrowslakes transformation, Giant ghost spiders on Syndrith or Traven Blackdraggers barrel, since most bosses, especially the non-final ones, are tank and spank.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yes
    Compared to other games, the dungeons here are easy. People are only complaining because they used to this game been a cakewalk.

I have been playing NWO since Mod 3 and not ONCE was any Dungeon a "CAKE WALK". Just because you CC warriors have an easy time in dungeons with your T1 and T2 gear with rank 10's does not mean that players with lower lvl gear and rank 6's and 7's feel the same way. The current state of the Dungeons IS too hard to complete WITHOUT a few "WHALES" who sport a few rank 11's ad 12's. So, I say, create a new toon, get it to lvl 70 with ONLY rare lvl 70 gear and rank 7's, THEN tell me how EASY it is to do!!!

Yes
    Again.. remove the exploits and lets talk .. I will continue to say they are too hard until they do and also increase i level.. the i level requirements to enter dds and tiamat is still too low overall.

T1 is fine because you can do them with 3-4 people for the most part so taking 1-2 sub 2k poeple isnt a issue at all in those.
  • jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    EEEEKKKKKK....let's simmer down I don't want this thread to get closed.

Remember everyone is entitled to there own opinion.
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    No
    The difficulty is not too hard, but there is a huge lack of good Boss strategy-tactic in this game and so the only easy way they take to improove the challenge is too modify the stats character curve and boost the HP-resist of the mobs as they did for mod 6.
    This is just a stats diff making things longer but not a real difficulty.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No

I have been playing NWO since Mod 3 and not ONCE was any Dungeon a "CAKE WALK". Just because you CC warriors have an easy time in dungeons with your T1 and T2 gear with rank 10's does not mean that players with lower lvl gear and rank 6's and 7's feel the same way. The current state of the Dungeons IS too hard to complete WITHOUT a few "WHALES" who sport a few rank 11's ad 12's. So, I say, create a new toon, get it to lvl 70 with ONLY rare lvl 70 gear and rank 7's, THEN tell me how EASY it is to do!!!

Newsflash, I DO ONLY HAVE RANK 6 AND 7'S (ask any player who I often team with) and I do run dungeons with groups of similarly geared individuals. Guess what, when I reached 70, I did only use rares, for both my CW and my OP. I then ran them both through the t1's and after acquiring the t1 gear I did the t2's.

As for last mod being a cakewalk....well, my sig shows 16k solo CN last mod, bearing in mind that you could achieve well over 24k and on the tr forums I have a guide that I wrote for perma tr which I used for an 11k gs solo CN. This mods epic gear literally adds at most 4% stats over the rare gear, guess what, thats almost no difference. The only difference between me and you is that I play through the content, fail a few times, learn from my mistakes, pick myself up then keep on going. Rather then, like a 3 year old, throwing my toys out the window and saying..."I can't do it so no-one can, you must make it easy to feed my ego and make me think I am good."

Instead of accusing me of being a whale, without knowing anything about me, how about you refer to either one of my guides (pally or tr) and the screenshots in my sig, because guess what, my gear is no better then whatever gear you have.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Yes
    eCC's enforcers and hexers got way too much health and seem to have higher damage resist.

my answer is yes, it is hard and i dont like getting one-shotted.
    Yes
    The only way to prevent deaths atm is to use a pally with daily or faithful to prevent one shoting in t2s. Is it that hard? no, if you have a good group its not that hard, but dont come on here and say that they are all right. Best way to do them is to get both the pally w/daily and add a gift of haste trait-ed dc to keep it up as much as possible. A well geared GF will be ok to.

Generally the complaint is there just is no time to recoup and heal damage, because all damage is basically insta death damage. You need to use super powerful dailies or passive feats to keep up with most of the damage at this point.

Again.. they can all be done, thats not the point, the question really shouldnt be, are they too hard, but is this more fun then DDs back in mod 1 and 2? I would say no, they are not.

Some of those were really hard at 10-12k , but they were not instant death. OF course back then CWS could maximize control (you actually have less control on control wizards now then you did at the start of the game! and less dps as well..(in context of general damage vs mobs back then).

The game was designed not to need anyone particular class and by forcing this stat curve + hp pool + damage done by mobs was the only way to introduce them as needed back.

I would still like to see the removal of ALL of the Ecc Exploits and change i level up a little more. So many issues in this game could be prevented if they would just be more consistent about whats really needed to do these things. ITs like tiamat again.

I really love legit, but lets face it, sometimes you get a Etos group together, get in there and bam you wipe 4 times at boss, you review your act and you know its not going to be done. I shouldnt have to judge that, just put a real limit into these things 2.3k is probably a better judge of i level limit. Why do they always go so low with their i level limits.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    Yes
    The Devs should stream theirself running those dungeons with the IL they recommend... should be much more interesting to watch, then any stream about Strongholds.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »
    The Devs should stream theirself running those dungeons with the IL they recommend... should be much more interesting to watch, then any stream about Strongholds.

I would totally watch that xD
  • bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    Yes

Yes please!!!
  • zemnodzemnod Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Yes

+1 !
    Petrichor DC - Ailora GWF - Zemnod TR - Petrisalt HR - Vailana CW - Seline OP
    <Saints of Hope>
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    No
    I don't always through the dungeons. But I enjoy it more than before. The one big problem now I see is that lacking of healer and tank for dungeon runs. Bear in mind, this is the first mod after level rise. Our gears and boons will continue improve a lot in next mod. Both Tiamat and epic dungeons will be farm able next mod.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    Yes
    Everything up to the last boss? No, not really. Harder than in Mod 5, for sure, and you will die more than back in those days, but not really that bad.

The end bosses? YES. OH DEAR GOD YES.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Yes
    I have not run an epic DD since the end of Mod5
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yes
    Can anyone seriously answer this question with a "No" and NOT have all orange or Teal Artifacts and Rank 11's and 12's? SERIOUSLY. I have 8's and 9's, all Purple artifacts (nearly orange) and Elemental Gear, my build was done for me by a Math Genius.. and I still get one shotted, die and injured. What happened to US being the "EPIC" ones, why are the MOBS now the Epic ones and WE are the mediocre??
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Yes
    Tier 2 Boss fights shouldn't take or eclipse the estimated time to complete the entire dungeon using the supposed appropriate level gear. Minion swings should not be one shot kills, maybe the red warned wind-up attacks, but not the un-telegraphed stabs. We also need more variety of dungeons, as in more dungeons overall, but that's an entirely different discussion...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    No
    Can anyone seriously answer this question with a "No" and NOT have all orange or Teal Artifacts and Rank 11's and 12's? SERIOUSLY. I have 8's and 9's, all Purple artifacts (nearly orange) and Elemental Gear, my build was done for me by a Math Genius.. and I still get one shotted, die and injured. What happened to US being the "EPIC" ones, why are the MOBS now the Epic ones and WE are the mediocre??

op protection item level 1755 i can tank tuern lostmauth valindra whatever you want even without divine protector daily.lesser soulforged my armor enchant. two days ago i did with a random pt they was all 1800 an epic tuern without problems.

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Yes
    Absolutely yes, if only a selected few can do most T2 without biting in the grass all day and eating kits like bread, than there is something wrong. DR bug stilll here with us like a bad ghost in Mod 7 and then they say they work fast OMG, is this considered fast fixing, not according to my book.

Other problem is you can only do succesfull runs with a special party composition, which kinda makes most classes usefull and puts extra pressure on them. While a 2K OP OP can do eTos with ease a 2k other class with fail. Party combos are boring, get 1 or 2 Palis a few CWs and the others can go play Tetris.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Yes
    op protection item level 1755 i can tank tuern lostmauth valindra whatever you want even without divine protector daily.lesser soulforged my armor enchant. two days ago i did with a random pt they was all 1800 an epic tuern without problems.

I don't see a mention of eToS though. Have you tried that one? Not arguing your point; just curious. I've only tried eToS once on my most highly geared Mod 6 toon (SS Renegade CW, 2.6K iL) and won't enter it again. I ground my way thru NCL to get the gear.

Dungeons should be tough, educational (in terms of teamwork) and completable by at least 50% of the player base. I see lots of people in PE LFG channel looking for VT/eCC/eLoL but rarely do I see eToS (or MC but that's because of the graphics issues I believe).

I remember building up my characters so I could run Castle Never. That dungeon was very tough at first but I never gave up. eToS - pfffft. Not worth the effort . . . or the rage.

I aim to misbehave
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    No
    Dungeons are extremely easy once you have a good OP prot. You do not need high level gear, just the right build. The OP will never die unless it makes a mistake. It rarely, if ever needs a healer, and protects the entire group from any damage. My OP prot has done all the dungeons legit and people think I have high level gear when in fact I barely had any enchantments (because I was lazy to equip them.) or mythic gear. Devoted Symbol will help you chain pull faster by having a DP up for every pull if you do not time it right. You do not need the artifact weapon as there are actually other weapons better than it for OP.

Like any other MMO, tanks are always sought after since very people like to play it. You can complete dungeons without tanks, but it will require more skill and better gear to compensate. So find or create a good OP prot. After that, it is the question of WHEN not IF you will finish the dungeon based on your group's dps.

GF SM come into second place as another tank that can make it easier for you, but nothing comes close to how easy an OP prot makes a dungeon. It was reported before m6 launch, and reported months since m6 launched that OP were very powerful tanks that made dungeons way too easy because of its abilities.

They made dungeons harder when you do not have a tank, but when you have a tank, it is easy to "hey, this was an epic dungeon?"

So yes, dungeons are extremely easy if you bring the right composition, better gear just improves completion efficiency.

P.S. IL means nothing. What is important is where those points are placed into. Two characters with the same class, spec, and IL will have different battle strength depending on stats allocation.

• onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    No
    silence1x wrote: »

I don't see a mention of eToS though. Have you tried that one? Not arguing your point; just curious. I've only tried eToS once on my most highly geared Mod 6 toon (SS Renegade CW, 2.6K iL) and won't enter it again. I ground my way thru NCL to get the gear.

Dungeons should be tough, educational (in terms of teamwork) and completable by at least 50% of the player base. I see lots of people in PE LFG channel looking for VT/eCC/eLoL but rarely do I see eToS (or MC but that's because of the graphics issues I believe).

I remember building up my characters so I could run Castle Never. That dungeon was very tough at first but I never gave up. eToS - pfffft. Not worth the effort . . . or the rage.

You see eCC because people can pull the boss outside of its room and into the trap for a quick kill. You'd think Neverwinter would fix it by now, but it has been months and a new mod has come out. Yet this still exists. Once that is fix, you will see eToS more often as that is the easiest of the three T2s to complete.

The new mod made it so that tanks are useful/needed again for a smooth run which was a big problem in previous mods when any class could tank the entire dungeon making actual tanks obsolete and were forced into a support buff role than tank.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Yes
    Being almost one-shotted by a trash mob is embarrassing. Only so many
    times can a CW teleport. Even with all my Enchants at nine, an
    orange blinged out cat and some pretty decent HP adding armor it's
    a bit hard not to die/rinse/repeat.

If the Epics are made for the paying-ist customers, I'd at least ask that
    they give a more plausible item-level for each dungeon.

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • newtype77newtype77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yes
    The bosses are too hard and the rewards are poor.. no body will do T2 run without exploit.. a team of T1 gears can never finish a T2 dungeon legitimately no matter how hard they try.. let alone so many noobs in a random team...
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Yes
    no low lvl dungeons to get the gear you need to enter the harder dungeons, harder dungeons mobs 1 shot you, (150+ khp), everything scaled to be challenging to the latest gear scores.

1600 il minimum is a cruel joke. it doesn't matter what your il is, you either dodge all incoming attacks or you die.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Yes
    Voted yes (as you can see above). When a group of people with a gear score of 2600+ cannot complete a epic dungeon, something is wrong there.
This discussion has been closed.