test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Music Suggestion Game!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
I've been itching to do something like this and don't know how popular or effective it will be, but here I go. Basically, talk about what kind of music you like and the next poster will try and suggest an artist, band or song for you. I love learning about new music that I was previously unaware of, hence this thread. :)

Let's start! I love acoustic, mellow music that is heavily guitar or piano driven like Alexi Murdoch, Jon McLaughlin, Jamie Woon and Gavin James.

But then I also like alternative music that has a theatrical or rock feel to it like Walk the Moon, twenty one pilots and The Strokes.

Suggest away!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well how about a little Sad Robot...(for both!)...
    ...acoustic

...and a litte more theatrical/rock

Edit: Oops, forgot mine.

My favs: Old rhythm & blues, classic rock, industrial dance (how's that for a mix?) B) ​​
    Post edited by eldarth on
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I like too many things to single out one artist... since my taste and what I need to hear at any given time... changes often, like the temperature around me.

My faves to listen to while playing are Joy Division, Bob Marley, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Bad Religion, Rammstein, Mad Ball, Sick of it All, Ice Age and Koffin Kats. Like I said... I have different tastes for different times.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    GaGa...All the damn way! ;D
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I want this thread to get back on the rails....

For @eldarth
    The New Deal - Gone Gone Gone

For @drkbodhi
    Submission Hold - Predisposed to Oppose (language warning)

For @fatguns
    Patrick Wolf - Hard Times

Oh yeah... for me, everything above is stuff I like.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    A lot like Sonic Youth... good choice. Thank you.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Black Metal

How about you find some Wednesday 13? I won't link any of it here because it kinda goes against the forum rules due to profanity.

I like a little bit of everything. Right now I'm addicted to Ed Sheeran.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • geepie4geepie4 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    i like house/techno ;p it fitted well with my need to walk on one tile at a time with 1 foot and not get on the lines. and do that in some sort of patterns. not sure what caused what, i mean what was first (for me) the need to walk like that or the music. i was like 10, so 30 years ago ;p recently made house/techno doesn't realy have the groove of old ones.a lot of old ones are less straight, which is better for me :D hehe
    new ones is mostly straight forward, so without some sort of swing.
    it bores the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me :D
    and also the sounds are gotten so uninteresting.
    and the whole composition :D
    i don't walk inside tiles anymore btw :D
    i do play vinyl still
    geepie4 wrote: »
    i like house/techno ;p it fitted well with my need to walk on one tile at a time with 1 foot and not get on the lines. and do that in some sort of patterns. not sure what caused what, i mean what was first (for me) the need to walk like that or the music. i was like 10, so 30 years ago ;p recently made house/techno doesn't realy have the groove of old ones.a lot of old ones are less straight, which is better for me :D hehe
    new ones is mostly straight forward, so without some sort of swing.
    it bores the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me :D
    and also the sounds are gotten so uninteresting.
    and the whole composition :D
    i don't walk inside tiles anymore btw :D
    i do play vinyl still

Woot... some of my faves is Goldie and Diesel Boy. The Dungeon Masters Guide goes well with D&D type games... not sure why... lol.

I saw Moby opening up for some forgotten band about 25 years go. I agree that the new stuff has lost something.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Who knows do this thread still alive or dead.. But I will post my one of favorite EDM tracks.
    This track contains EDM with Guitar sounds, and speed/tempo is higher than house.. Track suited for power/energy EDM fans. :)

Emanuele Congeddu & 4seas - Butterfly Effect (Etasonic Remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNfCPDdyZ50
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Eh... by STO forum rules I think this would be considered a Necro Thread as Aug 11 would be over 30 days from Sept 13.

Anyways... Country (90s through to today), movie scores (instrumental) and video game soundtracks. With the Video Game music it ranges from straight instrumental through to songs from Sonic the Hedgehog games.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Time to necro revival this thread :)
    Natalia Kills Feat. Far East Movement - Lights Out (De-Liver Bootleg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZApOSu7wjo
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    Posts in the Off-Topic are not EVER considered dead... that I know of.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    rattler2 said:

Eh... by STO forum rules I think this would be considered a Necro Thread as Aug 11 would be over 30 days from Sept 13.

Anyways... Country (90s through to today), movie scores (instrumental) and video game soundtracks. With the Video Game music it ranges from straight instrumental through to songs from Sonic the Hedgehog games.

video game thing:

i dont care for the style, just want listening some singer using a fast vibrato and put some drive in the voice. :)