test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DOM BiS Group vs Pickup Group? How to improve it?

13»

Comments

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    If you use Battle Fury and Unfettered strikes (20% running speed at full stacks) may be you can skip bravery (i wouldn't) for trample of the fallen, again, if you go for the takedown CD feat and BF+Daggers+TD. To land takedown directly still, you need a bit of anticipation on good PvPers and also cancelling threat rush into takedown helps (you link the moves). Now with takedown being on 6s cooldown you have more use for trample.

I tested DS+Daggers+BF in some matches, and for group fight it's surprisingly good. Not much for damage but more for determination gain, AP gain and added DR on my soulforged GWF.
    Also allowed me to 1v1 good with some TRs cause if you're smart you can mark double (i do it no problem, just need a bit of anticipation), and buffing your daggers with battlefury you can hit TRs from range harder, then chase and SS them down. Going unstoppable more also, allows you to tank more their damage. DS range is good, it's not hard to mark the enemies.

However, in 1v1 i don't know, might not be that good (couldn't test enough) cause the added damage from mark will be cancelled immediately and the DR buff on 1 target is not so high, same the determination gain.

On a pure testing purpose, it worked good enough the double mark from DS+threat rush.
    Don't really have that much time to test every possibility but it's basically a runner build that takes advantage of module 6 increased weapon damage/ at-will damage and rank 4 powers.
    I couldn't skip countless scars, being a soulforged users i felt like i needed it more.

Rotations, however, are changed a lot usually. I change them depending on enemy team composition, and even the enemy i face. Depending on the situation one rotation might be not as effective, while another might give better results. My opinion/ experience.

taking unfetteres strikes means skipping mighty blade, as far as I know lots of your attack are AOE, IBS also , but possible choice in case focussing on PVP
    taking trample of the fallen means skiping powerful challenge or countless scars, i won´t do that, only in case i have T Negation you can skip countless scars, but in mod 7 T-Negation will be affected by arp, so the futures want´s you to take countless scares
    all in all relentless battle fury is a underestimate feat, and takedown works quite good even not having Threatening rush as swordmaster, but only in case you do not play against BIS player thats right
    but what about focussed destroyer -->no buff at all, nothing
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unfettered strikes imho is more useful than the aoe damage buff cause it allows you to always stay in range, hit more, pressure more, and from my experience, without it you will never get behind skilled GFs like ant- monster. In the end, going for unfettered strikes in place of the damage buff, increased my battle potential a lot. But that's also due to my playstyle being very mobility-oriented.
    Btw, found the added 20% speed from the feat, coupled with bravery so 40% total) to be a very powerful tool vs any class. You pressure so much more, hit so much more, can glue to TR, CW, HR, get behind GFs in the blink of an eye, which means you hit a lot more and the enemy is forced to dodge more= attack less. Cannot kite you when you mix threat rush and sprint.
    About battle trample, it was pure theorycrafting, i wouldn't take it.
    Focused destroyer imho works perfectly in pvp too cause with unfettered strikes i hit SS a lot, which means my 3 stacks are often up for a total 36% damage buff. More difficult vs TR and HR to keep the stacks up.
    But i never get kited much by other classes usually.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    Btw, found the added 20% speed from the feat, coupled with bravery so 40% total) to be a very powerful tool vs any class. You pressure so much more, hit so much more, can glue to TR, CW, HR, get behind GFs in the blink of an eye, which means you hit a lot more and the enemy is forced to dodge more= attack less. Cannot kite you when you mix threat rush and sprint.

This is exactly right, I have 9.2% speed bonus from enchantment, 10% from bravey, 20% from unfettered strike, in real pvp almost nobody can outmatch me on speed especially couped with battlefury. I can choose to engage into a battle anytime i want, hunt down any escaping prey or withdraw from battle anytime I like, almost nobody can stop me from doing this. I only go down if I get huge bursts or if I choose to stay to buy time for the team. My battlefury is also only a 10 seconds cooldown which means I have both battlefury and hidden dagger's buff on most of the time effectively inceasing all my damages (battlefury's buff is 8 seconds, so I only have a 2 seconds gap inbetween my battles to get max dmg, I can also takedown hit-> cancel ->battlefury -> cancel then indomitable strength+ 2 x daggers combo, just imagine how much this combo hits with full buffs eventhough the only encounter you have is takedown)

Many ppl think I hit hard only because I am a BIS gwf and thus outputted so much dmg, the fact is, many 3k players can still perform very well if they really spend time to study their class. I believe the screenshot I sent you probably surprises you if you havent tested out those stuffs in the past 2 days, but in fact that dmg can go up by another 10-20% or so if I change two more unpractical stuffs.... there is a lot surprises if we spend time to learn and test our classes :)
    Post edited by icyphish on
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    taking unfetteres strikes means skipping mighty blade, as far as I know lots of your attack are AOE, IBS also , but possible choice in case focussing on PVP

Mighty Blade only works on skills with the description 'Burst', it does not currently help on most of the practical encounters used for pvpers, maybe someone can invent a special build around it? :)

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    It is simple...

A premade queue and a Random queue

Urlord