Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150701b.5

2»

Comments

• Options
    MiseryMisery Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    zacazu wrote: »
    ps: sw (sw?) armor is nice.
    No it is not. Looking like twisted verstio of cleric again. No thank you, I am not cleric. Going transmute once I get it, pish.
    vaelynx wrote: »
    Can we please get the Iliyanbruen set bonus removed? I posted in Bug Reports about it, yet got no reponse. I am sick of SWs exploiting it during dragon runs by running ahead and melting the dragon before anyone else gets there. A set that results in 30k HP but outperforms Mod 6 gear has no business in a game where we now have 80k plus HP and no OP set bonuses.

Oh. My. Gods!
    There's an area of the game where, using a bug and taking a massive cut to their life expectancy through lack of added HP, scourge warlocks can actually do something, somewhere.
    This. Is. Unacceptable.
    Remove the Ilyanbrunen set from the game, and while you're at it, cut puppet HP and damage in half and make them only summonable once per ten minutes because they're unfairly dominating over Fury and Temptation builds. Oh, while you're at it, cut Fury capstone to 20% dot over 16 seconds, so that it doesn't unfairly overperform over Temptation.
    Oh, and remove the DR from shadow slipping - having a different walking animation while at it is a defensive measure enough.

Then hopefully you can get the remaining handful of SW players to quit and you'll have one less class to worry about balancing.
    Why sarcasm? Just tell that guy to go shove himself with a cactus. That set is one of the remainning things that make QoL of SWs a lil bit better (for those who still care to do dragon runs lol). Oh and yes, it's WAI according to the tooltips so yeah deal with it &)
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    vaelynx wrote: »
    Can we please get the Iliyanbruen set bonus removed? I posted in Bug Reports about it, yet got no reponse. I am sick of SWs exploiting it during dragon runs by running ahead and melting the dragon before anyone else gets there. A set that results in 30k HP but outperforms Mod 6 gear has no business in a game where we now have 80k plus HP and no OP set bonuses.

Oh. My. Gods!
    There's an area of the game where, using a bug and taking a massive cut to their life expectancy through lack of added HP, scourge warlocks can actually do something, somewhere.
    This. Is. Unacceptable.
    Remove the Ilyanbrunen set from the game, and while you're at it, cut puppet HP and damage in half and make them only summonable once per ten minutes because they're unfairly dominating over Fury and Temptation builds. Oh, while you're at it, cut Fury capstone to 20% dot over 16 seconds, so that it doesn't unfairly overperform over Temptation.
    Oh, and remove the DR from shadow slipping - having a different walking animation while at it is a defensive measure enough.

Then hopefully you can get the remaining handful of SW players to quit and you'll have one less class to worry about balancing.
    Did you play GWF mod 3-5? I did. Learn to adapt, not cheat. A buff will come.

Except that this is exactly what "adapting" is... and then certain people act all butthurt.
    Cheating would be using a bot or something to such extent. Get your terms straight.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    Misery wrote: »
    zacazu wrote: »
    ps: sw (sw?) armor is nice.
    No it is not. Looking like twisted verstio of cleric again. No thank you, I am not cleric. Going transmute once I get it, pish.

why? looks like a evil queen/witch/some generic disney <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    hey can we get a patch today for test server please so we can atleast get some stuff done there

I'm pretty sure they only patch Preview on Fridays. Seems to be the trend, anyway.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    They have routinely done a Tuesday or more likely Wednesday preview build for weekly patches, in keeping with Thursday maintenance.

Module preview builds typically go out right before the weekend.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    metalldjt wrote: »
    negation doesn't grant 10% recovery and incoming healing bonus, how often do we need to repeat this?

However many times this was, evidently. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, I just fixed the issue. With the launch of M7 negation should properly grant increased incoming healing and recovery. Once again, we'd like to apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    teribad15 wrote: »
    asterdahl wrote: »
    metalldjt wrote: »
    negation doesn't grant 10% recovery and incoming healing bonus, how often do we need to repeat this?

However many times this was, evidently. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, I just fixed the issue. With the launch of M7 negation should properly grant increased incoming healing and recovery. Once again, we'd like to apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused.
    how about fixing GWF weapon clipping issue on slim male characters(slim male human for example)where all GWF weapons go through body and legs i dont even know why you guys cant fix a simple thing since beta LMAO

Because insulting the devs is an AWESOME way to be taken seriously..
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    eldarth wrote: »
    Instead of smooshing HP, Temp HP and Shield all into the space of the bar, they are now overlaying the different colors in the bar... it's no longer in one dimension.

Ah. Gotcha. That makes more sense -- and most likely allows them to use the same HP code that's in STO.

​​

In regards to the flipping of the bars, this was done primarily to make their effect more readable, and to do away with the issue of blank space appearing at the right side of a player's health bar after their health was crunched by temporary hit points.

I know as a healer, that drove me absolutely insane, I was always trying to heal people who technically had full health.

• Options
    asterdahl wrote: »
    In regards to the flipping of the bars, this was done primarily to make their effect more readable, and to do away with the issue of blank space appearing at the right side of a player's health bar after their health was crunched by temporary hit points.

I know as a healer, that drove me absolutely insane, I was always trying to heal people who technically had full health.

Likewise, as a healer, and twice as much so as a GWF...

It looks like I'm down to half... *clickclickclickclick* <EXPLETIVE!!!!!>
    header.png
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    Yay! Was healthbars inspired by something?

3bars.png
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    teribad15 wrote: »
    well i still hope GWF get some pvp buffs atm the class is not viable in bis pvp premades and also will not be viable in strongholds pvp.

Its not even "buffs" that are needed, just more consistency.

"Destroyer (class feature)" - should be: "each successive strike grants you a stack of destroyer. Stacks of destroyer increase your damage by 3%. Stacks 3 times. Additional ranks: +1 stack.

Now @ rank 4 it would be 6 stacks @ 18% total damage bonus but 100% chance on each attack to get a strike. (Down from 12% damage per stack for 36% total damage bonus) So literally cut in half, but more consistent.

Then Focused Destroyer can be changed to something else or maybe it adds another 1%-1.5% damage per stack.

Strength needs to give 2% damage bonus (up from 1%).

The daggers +40% damage bonus needs to be xferred to the base damage of the class ~ 25-50% base damage bump.

DONE.

Now you have more consistent damage without a "buff" and actually an overall slight "damage reduction".

• Options
    I'm really looking forward to the patchnotes and update this week. Hopefully you guys have fixed the AD glitch because my guildies and I are looking forward to getting the farm started. Hell.. if you wanted to release SH *right now* we'd be happy. :-)

Super excited!!
    header.png
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Reported million times.
    This gave Sws a very big advantage by dragon farms at modul starts when prices are up.

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    panderus wrote: »
    Combat and Balance

[*] Armor Penetration is now much more consistent on players and will be able to affect non passive sources of Damage Resistance, including short term buffs (e.g. Negation or Lunging Strike).
    Well if the Negation won't protect you from Armor penetration then what is the purpose of it?
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Thanks Panderus and the Dev Team.

Just with regards to:
    panderus wrote: »
    [*] Health Bars: Changing overhead health bars 'real' Hit Points to always go the full width of the bar, the Temporary Hitpoints (yellow bar) is layered on top of that, and the new Shield Health (blue bar) is layered on top of that.

- would it be possible to make the DC class feature"Anointed Holy Symbol" also show the temporary HP for allies that it affects? I can never be certain if it has gone into effect or not, as the temp HP never shows up on allies when I'm in a party. Thanks.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
This discussion has been closed.