test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150701b.5

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Combat and Balance
  • General
  • Armor Penetration is now much more consistent on players and will be able to affect non passive sources of Damage Resistance, including short term buffs (e.g. Negation or Lunging Strike).
  • The following powers are now considered "Personal Shields". "Personal Shields" are shields that absorb a fixed amount of damage before breaking. This is a terminology change. Warding Flare, Absolution, Divine Touch, Exemplar of the Light, Holy Barrier.
  • Personal Shields powers are now affected by Healing Depression. The amount of damage these shields can absorb is adjusted as soon as you are affected by Healing Depression.
  • Oathbound Paladin
  • Aura of Courage: No longer damages players who strike a target afflicted with Slasher's Mark.
  • Lay on Hands: This power now correctly respects Healing Depression penalties and Increased Incoming Healing bonuses.
  • Scourge Warlock
  • Harrowstorm: Curse synergy with this power now functions as expected again.

Content and Environment
  • Flagged all enemies that spawn near plots to despawn when the plot is built.
  • Polish on the Stronghold map for floating objects and other minor details.
  • The Leaderboard season has reset to accompany the new module.

Items and Economy
  • Tymora's Enchantment: Resolved and issue for Hidden Pouch not dropping anything sometimes for characters level 61+
  • Temple of Tiamat: The items "Tiamat Sash" and "Amulet of Tiamat's Demise" which were previously referenced as part of a set with "Tiamat's Orb of Majesty" are now available as rewards from participating in the Temple of Tiamat. Both the sash and the amulet will have a chance to drop in instances where other neck or waist artifacts have always dropped.
  • The size of the professions asset and resource bags have been increased.

User Interface
  • Health Bars: Changing overhead health bars 'real' Hit Points to always go the full width of the bar, the Temporary Hitpoints (yellow bar) is layered on top of that, and the new Shield Health (blue bar) is layered on top of that.
  • Personal Shields will now correctly draw damage floaters when the target player takes damage.
  • Various minor updates to Stronghold Plot windows for usability.
  • You can now set golden paths to Stronghold plots.

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This is going to Preview shortly.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Will the map be populated with monsters as well?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    Since this patch all leadership tasks are gone. At the bottom it shows: 'Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries'
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Since the update i can't open the mailsystem or mail man
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    just one thing to say:

4f30766c45d9312e5935b577a657ddbc1437086198.jpg

please, work this armors. both fighters knees seens point to the wrong direction. and, about the gwf armor itself, the lines in the boots is a mess, the original designe of the shoulders are changed for bad and... my god, whats happening to this arms?

back to the beautiful original designe. including the palette if possible.

ps: sw (sw?) armor is nice.
    WOW! That patch upped the game a bit right there.

Some other minor fixes that I'll outline in the appropriate threads (unless someone beats me to them). I absolutely LOVE the new HP bar. Whoever thought of that needs a raise.

Thanks!
    header.png
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    How does it look if you get more temp HP than HP?
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    I think it would be a good idea to reference moves that people use. Very few if any GF's actually use lunging strike, and even fewer realize that it gives you a DR buff for the worst part of 3 seconds. I think these are good patch notes!!! Maybe try and give people some more details on the AP?

I know you like to be cryptic because usually it doesn't work how you intended it to, but can sometimes still get by. But just saying, it wouldn't hurt! Glad to see you guys are still working on the game though! Any change is better than nothing/last few weeks.
    reds351 wrote: »

Red is HP. Yellow is Temp HP (goes over the red). Blue is Shield (goes over the yellow). So think of the HP as three-dimensional now... once the blue goes away, it starts working on the yellow. Once the yellow goes away, it starts working on the red. When the red goes away, press Shift+2, eat an injury kit, and once more into the breach, dear friends.. once more!
    3SA3aYF.jpg
    header.png
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User

Red is HP. Yellow is Temp HP (goes over the red). Blue is Shield (goes over the yellow). So think of the HP as three-dimensional now... once the blue goes away, it starts working on the yellow. Once the yellow goes away, it starts working on the red. When the red goes away, press Shift+2, eat an injury kit, and once more into the breach, dear friends.. once more!
    3SA3aYF.jpg
    I mean as Blue and Yellow are scaled to your max hp what what if they are larger than your max HP then how is the scale.

I mean as Blue and Yellow are scaled to your max hp what what if they are larger than your max HP then how is the scale.

No clue. My guess is that it will just fill up the bar and not move for a bit.

Or something.

I don't really care what that bar is doing, until the red starts moving.
    header.png
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Disagree re: seals of the protector. There has to be ongoing incentive to run dungeons even late into the game. I think seals of protector for PVE and seals of triumph for PVP are a good way of ensuring that. The thing is with all the work to upgrade the stronghold, someone can join a guild late and just take advantage of what others built. I think all BiS should take work by the individual not just the guild.
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Can we please get the Iliyanbruen set bonus removed? I posted in Bug Reports about it, yet got no reponse. I am sick of SWs exploiting it during dragon runs by running ahead and melting the dragon before anyone else gets there. A set that results in 30k HP but outperforms Mod 6 gear has no business in a game where we now have 80k plus HP and no OP set bonuses.

Oh. My. Gods!
    There's an area of the game where, using a bug and taking a massive cut to their life expectancy through lack of added HP, scourge warlocks can actually do something, somewhere.
    This. Is. Unacceptable.
    Remove the Ilyanbrunen set from the game, and while you're at it, cut puppet HP and damage in half and make them only summonable once per ten minutes because they're unfairly dominating over Fury and Temptation builds. Oh, while you're at it, cut Fury capstone to 20% dot over 16 seconds, so that it doesn't unfairly overperform over Temptation.
    Oh, and remove the DR from shadow slipping - having a different walking animation while at it is a defensive measure enough.

Then hopefully you can get the remaining handful of SW players to quit and you'll have one less class to worry about balancing.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    Red is HP. Yellow is Temp HP (goes over the red). Blue is Shield (goes over the yellow). So think of the HP as three-dimensional now... once the blue goes away, it starts working on the yellow. Once the yellow goes away, it starts working on the red.
    3SA3aYF.jpg

OMG. They REVERSED the health bar?!?
    facepalm_80_anim_gif.gif

​​
    edited July 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Red is HP. Yellow is Temp HP (goes over the red). Blue is Shield (goes over the yellow). So think of the HP as three-dimensional now... once the blue goes away, it starts working on the yellow. Once the yellow goes away, it starts working on the red.
    3SA3aYF.jpg

OMG. They REVERSED the health bar?!?
    ​​

Kind of, but not really.

Instead of smooshing HP, Temp HP and Shield all into the space of the bar, they are now overlaying the different colors in the bar... it's no longer in one dimension.

Currently, you get something like this:
    color=red]RRRRRRRRRRRR[/color][color=yellow]YYYYYY[/color][color=cyan]B[/color

So what happens when the Shield and Temp HP? The bar now looks like this:
    [RRRRRRRRRRRR_______]

At a glance, that looks like you're down to ~2/3 of your HP.

However, the new HP bar is a vast improvement since the colors are now layered. Consider a "side view" of the bar, if you will:

[B_______________________]
    [YYYYYY_________________]
    color=red]RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR[/color

Which, on the screen will look like this:

color=cyan]B[/color][color=yellow]YYYYYY[/color][color=red]RRRRRRRRRRRR[/color

So now, when you lose all the Shield, the "side view" would be:

[________________________]
    [YYYYYY_________________]

color=yellow]YYYYYYY[/color][color=red]RRRRRRRRRRRR[/color

Then, when you tear through your Temp HP, the "side view would be:

I really hope this makes a little bit of sense.. :-/ Trying to describe it is difficult.. but once you see it in action, you'll understand. :-)
    header.png
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    Instead of smooshing HP, Temp HP and Shield all into the space of the bar, they are now overlaying the different colors in the bar... it's no longer in one dimension.

Ah. Gotcha. That makes more sense -- and most likely allows them to use the same HP code that's in STO.

​​
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    @Instynctive: What eldarth meant is, we currently have shown yellow temp HP starting from right to left.
    In your screenshot temp HP and shield starting from left to right.

Is this intended?

Yes, they are all going left to right.

I know what Eldarth meant... hence my bad ASCII art.

Again... think of the bar as a 3D image now... Red HP is on bottom, yellow Temp HP is on top of the red, and blue Shield is on top of the yellow.

Jump onto preview and go fight something.. it'll take about 2 seconds to understand when you see it.
    header.png
  • -Deko--Deko- Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    There is 1 thing that I've noticed on my paladin, which might be a bit meh. It is stated that divine touch is a 'personal shield'. However, it is not a shield that takes x amount of dmg before it breaks. It is a shield that reduces the total amount of dmg by <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, over a x time span.
    Which results in a complete blue bar for several seconds, while you still take HP dmg. This way, you cant see if you're low on health, cause you'll only see a 100% blue bar, even tho your HP is ticking down in those seconds.
This discussion has been closed.