test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New artifact weapons and Reforge system

lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
For those who are interested in checking the new artifact weapons and how the reforge system works:

https://nwobattleground.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/new-artifact-weapons-and-reforge-system-coming-with-mod7-strongholds/

However, if you want to give any feedback about it, please do it here: Stronghold - Rewards which is the official feedback thread.
fkze9t.jpg
▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance

Comments

• Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    So it's final : artifact weapons are only BiS for 1 mod now...
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Besides the whales, who cares?
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Well written blog, ty

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    umsche wrote: »
    So it's final : artifact weapons are only BiS for 1 mod now...
    I am surprised they did not open mighty level, lol.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Aw, how sweet! Some more things to grind for.... :^/
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    No mythical lvl for new artifact weapons yet? This is truly a surprise.
  • Options
    davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Artifacts ... as common as muck.
  • Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Wish I had read the thing about the Hearts before I went and salvaged my main-hand weapon on the preview server. Now my poor character is weaponless! At least until I copy her over again and get her reinvited to her guild.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Great read Laz! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    This seems like a nerf to me.
    Before you could feed you legendary weapon into the new artifact weapon for a chance at it becoming legendary again. I know when the new weapons came out I waited till a double RP weekend, it crit, and the new weapon was automatically maxxed out without me spending a single RP. With this new system it seems they are taking that away so you are forced to spend RP to max out the new weapon.
  • Options
    jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    Might as well quit.... Cant progress at all, I honestly want to tell every new player to quit before they waste their money.
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    eion311 wrote: »
    This seems like a nerf to me.
    Before you could feed you legendary weapon into the new artifact weapon for a chance at it becoming legendary again. I know when the new weapons came out I waited till a double RP weekend, it crit, and the new weapon was automatically maxxed out without me spending a single RP. With this new system it seems they are taking that away so you are forced to spend RP to max out the new weapon.

You still can, it will just take a little extra grinding. In the ToD campaign, make a new Elemental Fire weapon. Refine that one to level 35. Put it aside until your Guild is able to access the new artifact weapons, then use THAT one to trade in for the Weapon Essence to acquire a new mainhand. Then when the next double RP comes, refine your current main hand into it.

• Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Nice one, thanks for the explanation.

But at one point the text confuses me.

"The actual GWF BIS MH “Elemental Fire Greataxe” is lv 135 (Legendary), if we salvage it we will obtain a Weapon Essence, rank 2 that allow us to reforge a Lv 135 (Epic) weapon upgradeable to Lv 140 (Legendary)."

and some sentences below:

"The good thing is that if you already have a Legendary Lv 140 weapon, you can salvage it in order to get a Weapon Essence, rank 3. This essence plus the heart will allow you to acquire another legendary weapon of the same level."

Does that mean, only the new weapons will be lvl 140 on legendary, so with the new ones you get a 1 for 1 trade, like when you decide that you want another set bonus?
  • Options
    kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    neirgara wrote: »
    Does that mean, only the new weapons will be lvl 140 on legendary, so with the new ones you get a 1 for 1 trade, like when you decide that you want another set bonus?

you hit it on the spot..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    quspiv wrote: »
    No mythical lvl for new artifact weapons yet? This is truly a surprise.

It will come with Undergrounds for sure, everything made obsolete again and grind again.

When will they get it, we need content, Dungeons and so, not just repeatedly forced grind.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    "With the arrival of a new module, we are always excited about the new equipment that will replace what used to be the BIS gear in the previous one"

- LOL, spoken like a true whale. I wonder how much longer can NVW survive as a the private playground for a handful of people

Spot on!

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its not that artifact gear is per se bad, its that its just terribly gated, like everything else in game is. There just is to much time grinding junk like this and not actually playing the game.

• Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User

That Tiamat set will be must have items for clerics, but how does one obtain these ? If they come from Tiamat how on earth is one supposed to ever get them ??? I have finished my Tiamat boons, but I have tried some mod 6 Tiamats for fun and they were all fails, and even if you win at Tiamat the drop rate of these in the chest will no doubt be a tiny fraction. To get them one has to basically have to have the luck of what is equivalent of winning 2 lottery jackpots on the same day.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

That Tiamat set will be must have items for clerics, but how does one obtain these ? If they come from Tiamat how on earth is one supposed to ever get them ??? I have finished my Tiamat boons, but I have tried some mod 6 Tiamats for fun and they were all fails, and even if you win at Tiamat the drop rate of these in the chest will no doubt be a tiny fraction. To get them one has to basically have to have the luck of what is equivalent of winning 2 lottery jackpots on the same day.

Judging by the downward spiral on the price of the Tiamat artifact, *someone* is winning against her, fairly often.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Its not that artifact gear is per se bad, its that its just terribly gated, like everything else in game is. There just is to much time grinding junk like this and not actually playing the game.

This is the game, no content, only grind. I still do believe-, if they really want to save the game,- they need to bring back Mod 5 or get a real good bunch of fresh and experienced IT people on board. From a time and technical perspective the most easiest and best thing to do is a simple rollback. Mod 5 was thousand times better with all it's bugs, than things they have put out ever since or better said they have taken away. If future Mods keep this trend by Mod 9 we will only have a login screen and just PE to stand in.

In my surroundings the news of Mod 7's repeated nullifying of old gear din't make a huge positive impact.

Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    Sigh . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    Sadly, they are taking a very lazy approach. Instead of working on actual content, they work on just making things obsolete....
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    Well, the bottom line is grinding new gear when there is no new content or anything worth farming is a waste of time. I don't see how they will retain any players after this one....
  • Options
    I know roll back won't happen, mostly out of ego and PR reasons, but yeah i am too wondering, how long will they be able to keep teh remaining game population with zero game content and only just repeated grind for new weapons and armors.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited July 2015

That Tiamat set will be must have items for clerics

5% increase to healing is nothing. I won't be leveling new artifact gear for 5% more heals. Right now a Faithful cleric is wasting enough over heals, you won't even notice 5%. and Charisma is not a popular stat for clerics (even if it is a secondary stat).