test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150701b.2

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
New Features
Strongholds
Strongholds are here! Players in a guild can access the Stronghold through the Overworld map.

There are different quests available to do in Strongholds depending on the player’s level.

Players in a guild can donate a wide arrangement of items to the coffer in the Stronghold in exchange for guild marks, and guild leaders can use those items to build or upgrade various structures in the Stronghold map.

Structures
Players can use the donated resources to build structures, which provide a variety of benefits to the guild.
  • Production structures will produce resources like wood, stone, metal, and food that are used to build other structures.
  • Production enhancement structures will enhance the production abilities of your production buildings.
  • Boon structures will unlock new quests and boons for guild members.
  • The Marketplace structure will unlock a wide array of items for guild members to purchase.
  • PvP Towers will support players in our upcoming PvP game mode.

Stronghold Rewards
Guild members will earn guild marks when donating items to the coffer. In turn, you can use the guild marks to purchase a variety of things from the Marketplace, such as item level 125 and item level 140 gear. They can also purchase food that give powerful buffs, as well as new Overload enchantments that will convey a variety of new buffs to players for their duration.

Once boon structures are built, guild members can activate and deactivate boons from those structures. These boons will grow in power as the guild ranks up said structures.

Dragonflight Event
When the activity, “The Travelling Wizard”, is active and there are at least five players in the Stronghold map, players can talk to the Travelling Wizard in the Stronghold to trigger the Dragonflight event.

Four dragons will spawn in the Stronghold. Players have 10 minutes to defeat them, but be warned, the dragons will flee shortly after one of them is defeated!

Players will be rewarded based upon the number of dragons defeated. The rewards from this event will be required to purchase the new level 140 gear from the Marketplace.

Patch Notes
Items and Economy
  • Alchemy: Decreased the duration of the Force Potion task.
  • Barkskin: Increased the Hit Points absorbed by these enchantments.
  • Seals of Triumph have updated descriptive text.

Performance and Stability
  • Resolved a crash on startup that could occur.
  • Resolved a crash that could rarely occur related to Environment FX.

User Interface
  • Collections has an updated sub category element.
  • Companions will now list all of their powers.
  • Inspecting a player now shoes their Item level instead of yours.
  • Quest paths draw more reliably in some cases.

EDIT: Added patch notes.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Sweet - Do we need to join a guild to test this stuff out?​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Sweet - Do we need to join a guild to test this stuff out?​​

Im 100% sure that yes, u do need a guild to test stuff there.

Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Can you please transfer all of our existing guilds to preview and make it easier on us?
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    *glares at the patch update* HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    I can already see the 150 account limit being an issue. That is just far too low, especially for large communities. The NW_Legit_Community channel for example is over 5000 members strong. We average around 300-400 accounts online during peak hours. Now I know having 5000+ members in one guild is just probably never going to happen, even if it were allowed. However, if we were to make a guild for our most active Legit Channel Community members, we would not be able to have the active Legit Community all together. They'd have to be separated into 2-3 or more guilds, which defeats the purpose really.

I'm really not sure why there needs to be a 150 account limit anyway. It should just be turned back to its original 500 character limit, with no regard for a number of accounts. Yet leave in the account column and numbers for easy management - I like these a lot.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    What's the big idea of the Elemental Dragonflight Raid Black Ice Shaping tasks? I see you craft the a piece of armor into the very same piece.

Anyway, the new level 142 armors are much better than the Elemental Elven Raid pieces, and they the new ones come with a hefty set bonus too.

I think many players still remember some Cryptic developers reassured the players the current Elemental Elven Raid pieces would be BiS for a very very long time to justify their cost of 1800 Protectorate Seals. I guess they have forgotten their reassurance, but it is not their first time and not unexpected.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    I can already see the 150 account limit being an issue. That is just far too low, especially for large communities. The NW_Legit_Community channel for example is over 5000 members strong. We average around 300-400 accounts online during peak hours. Now I know having 5000+ members in one guild is just probably never going to happen, even if it were allowed. However, if we were to make a guild for our most active Legit Channel Community members, we would not be able to have the active Legit Community all together. They'd have to be separated into 2-3 or more guilds, which defeats the purpose really.

I'm really not sure why there needs to be a 150 account limit anyway. It should just be turned back to its original 500 character limit, with no regard for a number of accounts. Yet leave in the account column and numbers for easy management - I like these a lot.

150 accounts is even too much probably.
    they did it clearly for 3 reasons:

1) increase the number of guilds to increase guild pvp guildbase
    2) avoid to have some guild way over above the other guilds in term of boons.
    3) artificially increase mod 7 life before it gets boring.

they did right
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    I am unable to get past the loading screen.. keeps saying something about tesselation missing?? then the screen minimizes, pops back up and getting program not responding... any help on this would be great.. I have already tried loading with safe mode, and proxy US.. still no luck..
    5790248SLdyC.png
    I have let it run for like 10 min and still nothing as well..
    5790248SLdyC.png
    Tesselaion not supported... skipping domain shader creation.. This is the message on the bottom Left corner of the NEverwinter loading screen after the cryptic loading screen\.. then the screen goes black, minimizes, then pops back up as a white screen with neverwinter (not responding) error.. any ideas??
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • blackdroonblackdroon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @dyeslee

Write -d3d9 at the command line at options and then save it, after that try loading preview again.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    dyeslee wrote: »
    I am unable to get past the loading screen.. keeps saying something about tesselation missing?? then the screen minimizes, pops back up and getting program not responding... any help on this would be great.. I have already tried loading with safe mode, and proxy US.. still no luck..
    I have let it run for like 10 min and still nothing as well..
    Tesselaion not supported... skipping domain shader creation.. This is the message on the bottom Left corner of the NEverwinter loading screen after the cryptic loading screen\.. then the screen goes black, minimizes, then pops back up as a white screen with neverwinter (not responding) error.. any ideas??
    blackdroon wrote: »
    @dyeslee

Write -d3d9 at the command line at options and then save it, after that try loading preview again.

If that does resolve it, could you make a separate bug report thread on this here so I have a thread link to give the devs on this? Thanks!

Update, just noticed you did already. Thanks!
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    "Spell twisting" is not reducing cooldown of skills "Ray of enfeeblement" and "Icy Rays" when placed in TAB. Have any prediction for this fix?

It is possible to remove the targetlock in pvp? Many classes abusing it to eliminate weaknesses, example is the GF who is always facing the enemy.

Damage over time "Fire of Gods" (15 sec - DC feat) and "Thorned Roots" (30 sec - HR feat) need to be reduced his time to be on a par with other classes.

"Crushing Roots" (HR Class feature) needs an internal cooldown to prevent abuse due to "Trapper's Cunning" (HR feat).

TR needs internal cooldown to regenerate stealth, some kind of debuff to prevent perma. CW already have this kind of debuff with freezing.
    Post edited by charkanramon on
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    "Spell twisting" is not reducing cooldown of skills "Ray of enfeeblement" and "Icy Rays" when placed in TAB. Have any prediction for this fix?

Is Spell twisting`s tooltip hard to read or what?
    It reduces only encounter`s CD.

RoE`s 2nd strike is not an encounter, encounter is the 1st strike and its CD is reduced.
    And IR is not encounter. Because of massive, repeating trolling here, nope I don`t mean RoF.

btw. This is quite off-topic, isn`t it?
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    can we move our guild across(or remove limit for creating new guild on preview shard) or do we have to have 5 members present on the preview shard at the same time?
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    To answer some questions in this thread:

Yes, you need to be in a guild to see strongholds. No, your live server guild isn't already there.

This is not just PvP. The PvE environment is massive. And Zeb's right... the 150 account cap is quite unnecessary.

I find the amount of donations required to upgrade to be a bit much, however, I've got 13 guildies (7 accounts) already in the preview server, and not only have we been able to scrape together enough stuff to get our first lumberyard up and running, but well on the way towards more.

Regarding the "stuck on the loading screen", when I have great difficulty loading the preview server, I shut down the game, and restart Arc. It usually works. If not, I restart my computer.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    I find the sheer amount of items needed as excessively high (For Preview) IT is difficult to convince people to spend the time to get the various shards of power, while trying desperately to understand the clunky interfaces. The basic lack of Visual Build Path for the stronghold (AKA STO Style) is More than annoying

The Rev is absolutely right. I'm spending a bulk of my time in preview attempting to take notes and distill the information down to a more user-friendly method to create "cheatsheets" for my guildies.. so they can jump in and start enjoying the mod without having to sit and stare at things for hours, trying to figure everything out.
    header.png
  • bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User

This would create a few very large guilds. The larger the player base of the guild the faster the stronghold ranks up the more power the guild has. This would create a huge divide between small guilds and large guilds. Pretty simple really. There is already a large divide in the player base, why make it even larger?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User

It is possible to remove the targetlock in pvp? Many classes abusing it to eliminate weaknesses, example is the GF who is always facing the enemy.

Damage over time "Fire of Gods" (15 sec - DC feat) and "Thorned Roots" (30 sec - HR feat) need to be reduced his time to be on a par with other classes.

"Crushing Roots" (HR Class feature) needs an internal cooldown to prevent abuse due to "Trapper's Cunning" (HR feat).

TR needs internal cooldown to regenerate stealth, some kind of debuff to prevent perma. CW already have this kind of debuff with freezing.

Stop trying to nerd tr....
    freeze effects players directly
    stealth does not...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User

I have to Agree With Zebular on this, the guild cap of 150 accounts is to low.......

I agree with zeb also!

Maybe it's because all 150 will be in the same instance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I think 150 member cap is there for plenty of reasons.Lets say this-
    150 members are online on 3 different time zone so 50 online any given time(I know some guilds are regional so even 150 at the same time probable)
    Reasons can be,

1) Lengthen the time required to finish up everything until Underdark.
    2) Most of the guild encounters are pretty easy to do even with 3 people(except the big raid) so lets say when 20 people are doing these,other 30 either just have to watch others or do something else.
    3)There are guilds out there which will either use new, low geared people to farm sronghold while they have all the fun or they just kick after while and get new shmucks to do their grind.(100 angry newbies are better than 200 I guess)
    4)I think pvp phase is 20 vs 20 so what will happen those who cant participate since excepting guild wars probably require guild leader permission.
    5)WOD is made by 40 people instances and game is lagging like crazy on the heralds.What will happen when 100-200 people get together?
    6)For 5) I can almost hear people are saying instances-they can open more instances-.Different instances require some finesse because of building orders ,coffer donations etc.And we all know how many times Cryptic managed to mess up Tiamat's hoard.I dont want my guild coffer vanish without explanation or warning.

and the most probable reason

7)I IMAGINE THEY WILL START SELLING BOOSTERS FOR STRONGHOLD'S IMPROVEMENT

I can add up more as I remember
  • zeroxiczeroxic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    since some of the gm help commands like 'abort quest' work (teleports u to PE from anywhere on SH map) combined with the long load-up sequence if u r the first to enter the stronghold map on preview im guessing they will actually run on the foundry segment of the shard (?)

so performance might be a bit better than what we got with spinward etc since those are permanent zones on the always-up segment and foundry is on-demand and closes instances when not needed and iirc i never had lag in a foundry map... but its been a looong time since i did any of those tbh

just a guess rly - and no clue how/if that would help with supporting 150ppl if they all decided to enter the map at once...
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    Inviting to guild map is still not working at all.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    zeroxic wrote: »
    since some of the gm help commands like 'abort quest' work (teleports u to PE from

so performance might be a bit better than what we got with spinward etc since those are permanent zones on the always-up segment and foundry is on-demand and closes instances when not needed and iirc i never had lag in a foundry map

Then you never tried entering those farm foundries when dragon hoard is the best way to farm RP.Foundries lag as bad as the rest of the game

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    i just have one thing to say:

712b0c7019b23e4b43fad5d284a0c6ee1436921171.jpg
    fantastic! really, really fantastic. please, a fur cloak :o
    Post edited by zacazu on
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    I hope the new sets for other classes are this cool looking, and do hope they can make a transmute version that would be affordable....but I doubt that would ever happen.
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User

This would create a few very large guilds. The larger the player base of the guild the faster the stronghold ranks up the more power the guild has. This would create a huge divide between small guilds and large guilds. Pretty simple really. There is already a large divide in the player base, why make it even larger?

Except it'll be worse this way.
    With guilds being artificially reduced in size, the top ones will pick their members heavily, resulting in a couple with ilvl 3k+ entirely, and the rest of the scrubs making their own. And that'll be so much "fun" in PvP
    Any patch notes for the preview server today?
    header.png
  • engelgrondengelgrond Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    terramak wrote: »
    Items and Economy
    • Barkskin: Increased the Hit Points absorbed by these enchantments.
    Is Barkshield getting renamed? And how is it buffed? My greater barkshield now instead of absorbing 2430 dmg at 3rd charge now absorbs 4944 dmg... still useless.
  • bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    vaelynx wrote: »

Except it'll be worse this way.
    With guilds being artificially reduced in size, the top ones will pick their members heavily, resulting in a couple with ilvl 3k+ entirely, and the rest of the scrubs making their own. And that'll be so much "fun" in PvP

The Devs have commented on this before, there was only a small number of guilds over the 150. They looked at existing guild numbers before revising the number. PVP guilds were doing this before, specifying minimum gear requirements to join. If you go up against one of these guilds you won't be able to beat them with brute force it will take a lot more strategy, but with the map being as big as it is I would think that would be an advantage to a lesser geared team.
This discussion has been closed.