test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    sound like it, they just want you to leave so they can collect for themselves, it is considered as grief play tactic if anyone from outside of anyone not in thier own group(s).
  • Options
    shadtekshadtek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 New User
    Smolder.
    Ok, I have many moves that claim they add smolder to the target, but none of them do! Only one spell (1) actually will apply smolder to a target, and that is Fanning the flames. Which limits me to applying smolder to a single target every 15 seconds.
    So if I do everything perfectly, I can get Rimefire effect on a single target for a duration of about 2 seconds, and I can only do that every 15 seconds.
    I also have spells that claim they will prolong the duration of smolder and they also do not function properly.

Meanwhile I see the Storm Mage consistently outperform the Master of Flames....
    I want to use fire and ice, because quite frankly Ice and electricity is ignert. but I am either forced to be a Storm Mage, which I do not wish to play, or I am stuck with an inferior character because somebodies first instinct is always to nerf the mage....

Here's the thing, I have 2300 gear score and I can only complete the lowest of the epic dungeons (1600 recommended)
    And I only complete them with extreme difficulty. As a Storm Mage they are no problem. It's not right bros.
  • Options
    neco1009neco1009 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Since The gateway is gone now.. I think putting the Companion only gear pieces into the game some how and make it so that they are obtainable by the casual and everyday players because currently they are in the 100-1mil AD range and that is just outrages. Also Currently the game is lacking in obtainable Artifact and good gear regardless if you're a seasoned player or new comer the costs to upgrade this stuff is also outrages seriously if you're trying to ruin the game by having people leave out of frustration there is plenty of easier ways to do this... Anyway do some good changes that the players have mentioned id have to agree with many of the complaints here there is no dev and player communication or at least positive ones anyway nor have i seen any good updates lately they have all been lame behind the scenes junk that only people behind the scenes can see or care about. I see some serious player numbers dropping even more soon and I'll be one of them shortly if Costs to gear and etc upgrades haven't been lowered its pretty shameful you expect people to spend even 1/4 of what it takes to make anything worthy of getting your character to be more powerful and end game/Pvp ready. Thanks and happy Hunting to all.
  • Options
    bsrose#6443 bsrose Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Here is an Issue. I don't think its my PC. I never had this problem before the last 3 patches. Every time there is a patch, my game gets real "laggy". I get 10 sec. of good play followed by 30 sec. of choppy lag.(repeat) I have uninstalled and reinstalled after each patch each time. That fixes the issue but...dang! Thats a lot of wasted time.
  • Options
    swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Top issue is developer design decisions are all focused on taking from the customer / player.
  • Options
    knkymama69#5916 knkymama69 Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is for Xbox one as of the newest update a change to server provider we lost 7 hrs game time but worth it for new mod drop n fixes however there seam to b more problems sence then there were before players getting timed out disconnected the lag has been twice as bad the nerffs on sum the classes especially the gf the Frey nerff main reason created a gf but those r jus the few what I want to talk about is the fact that there are way more glitches n timeouts then ever I created a new character few days ago all excited ready to go on top of dailies for other characters now I'm in black dagger ruins a lower level area doin the quest line I get to the HIDDEN COVE and get timed out OK crappy but it happens well I reset n go to load back up n it says timed out returning to nameserver wat is this all about now I can not load my alt or do anything with it I've been tryin to for almost 2 days and now I'm at a standstill its like cult prison all over again but worse least with tat major bus it didn't affect the quest line n it wld let the character log back on its just like my new character stuck there I have done this quest 4+ times n never had a prob n there all at 70 could sumone please fix HIDDEN COVE so I can continue on my lvlin n grind kinda a big let down seems the new stuff gets all the attention while the old stuff gets dusty should take care the old before cramming bunch of new causing more probs n bugs
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User

Top issue is developer design decisions are all focused on taking from the customer / player.

Welcome to the F2P model, enjoy your stay.
  • Options
    arkarielllarkarielll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    BAD GAME TRANSLATED AND SPELLING ERRORS....

Hello guys, I come here just to give a little feedback. Before I begin, I want to make clear that my language is Portuguese, I made a translation by Google translator. For you do not think that's kind of meaningless this topic....
    No longer will make three years Neverwinter game, I think ... the first two years I played with a different account, and then I started playing with it, had some breaks for personal reasons. Anyway, what I mean here is that one of the main reasons that I like to play Neverwinter is: Being in the D&D world, and I have good support in my language: Portuguese.
    After I returned to play recently, creating a new character, I saw that the new modules are outdated for the English language, I do not know if the other languages ​​is like that, but ... is not translated in examples I could quote campaigns: the Maze Engine, Elemental Evil, Underdark, Stronghold, and the new strorm King's Thunder, and other missions, and layouts that are not translated ... and as a result, I fumbled a bit to realize I had to do my a little more to understand in general terms.
    I have also heard reports of my friends playing, that translated layouts are incorrect, such as the name of the maps, the Sharandar name icon is the name of Gauntlgrym '-', and the Dread Circle icon is with the Sharandar Ruins name ha-ha. It also had a player who said that the skill are with incorrect descriptions, this is a serious problem, everyone is hurting. I do not know what was the class, but he recommended that I move to the English language, so I do not hurt me to put the skills, both passive as active (powers). The players of the Portuguese dialect are struggling to play! And I do not know how the players of other languages, but in general I just got this request. The other feedback I have to complete is the news Login Layout are desatualiadas, recent events were not showing up, and will be the promotion of companions, I saw when I changed the language to English, ie only in the English language has the recent news, but ... I checked in other languages, only three languages ​​that are outdated, speaking in detail are the last three from the bottom up.

-Thanks for listening.

Note: I will send pictures related to my feedback, I quote what I'm going to send is not 100% of the incompletely translated game. For my intention is to show you a small reference to the fact!)

imageimage" alt="" />
  • Options
    odinknightsodinknights Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I would just like to see a wider variety of weapons and spells, additional equipment designs would be nice too. This will create a more personal touch on each character and limit players looking the same, having the same weapons, etc. More spells would be nice too, spell casters seem to be limited in what they can choose from. Does adding smolder to your target really make you a fire wizard of destruction? I think not Fun game really, love it, just needs a little extra diversity. Thank you.
  • Options
    akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Only one class of Mage, a Control Wizard...

What about other classes of Mages the School specializations? The last I checked there were 8 Schools of magic:
    1. Abjuration
    2. Conjuration
    3. Divination
    4. Enchantment
    5. Evocation
    6. Illusion
    7. Necromancy
    8. Transmutation
    Seems to me Neverwinter only offers two specializations once a player reaches Paragon.
  • Options
    wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Specifics? Okay, the missions "First Mount" and "Friend in High Places" appear to be broken. After adding some character slots, I created a new character, shared some gold, and started equipping the PC. When I acquire my mount the "First Mount" pops and re-appears every time the PC levels. After hitting level 5, I get the message from Sgt. Knox about getting an Artifact from the Reward Claim agent, and it has yet to recognize that the PC got it That's all I have found through 18 levels of play.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Probably not a "top issue" as far as feedback goes, but as @wd1966 said the "Obtain Your First Mount" that never seems to go away is annoying at best. I've used the free token and used gold to purchase a mount from the vendor but the questline still remains - and cannot be abandoned.

Another more significant IMO issue is some of my characters (different classes) when traveling, trying to open chests or interact with other items in the game, even in the Protector's Enclave where there is absolutely no threat, will assume a guarded aggressive stance for absolutely no reason that I can see.

This goes beyond annoying and despite my reporting it to support more than a year ago with multiple replies from them saying someone will "look into it", the issue remains and I have not heard anything from anyone about how to address this problem.
    DD~
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Do the affected characters have Fey Thistle or any other boons that proc on deflect?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    khilja#1684 khilja Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Guild management tools are sorely needed. I can't even see when a member was last online? No way to track contributions anymore. You guys broke it with mod10.... inspecting players within alliance... why would anyone want that?! Build times displaying accurately... really?
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    Few things, I'll try to make it short.

Problems:

1) The Queue system does not recognize temptation warlocks as a support character.

2) Temptation warlocks are underperforming. They are not capable of maintaining a group alive troughout a dungeon, and overall aren't desirable as a group support to their counter part cleric or paladin

My suggested Solution:

1) Break down the class in two different paragons. Soulbinder support warlock and Hellbinger DPS warlock. Now the Queue would recognize a Soulbinder as a support and a Hellbringer as a DPS.

2) Next we give soulbinders and hellbringers special effects on their Warlock's Curse, Curse Consume and Synergy effects that differ from one path to the other. Differenciating them from how their powers work to better suit their role.

This is a very quick breakdown, I elaborate more on this suggestion in the thread linked to my name below.

I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    lilrastalilrasta Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    a lot of issues and problems to solve so let see if u can take it small step ... bring back the Draconic Templar armor set (from mod 5) to the Alliance Supply gear list since it can only use for Appearance anyway.

all good things come in small steps :wink:

other than that the list is long ..see above...

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    an older, but still one of the top issues within NWO:
    - AD seller spam across all possible chat channels.

The Devs could use the profanity filter as base, make the new chat filter client sided, and let players add keywords.
    Messages trickering the new chat filter could be moved to another chat channel/window for checking and adjusting the filter.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    kgauger409kgauger409 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The changes to binding oath have made it impossible to use now in high damage situations. (IE Orcus, FBI, etc.) The encounter Absolution just barely keeps paladins alive - even above 3k item level.

Please fix this. An encounter power shouldn't be so deadly to a class that they can't even use it.
    Post edited by kgauger409 on
  • Options
    praendlpraendl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello!

Long time listener, first time caller here!. I'd like to see the Alchemy profession bug fixed. You know, the one where if you choose the wrong experimentation task, you can't progress any further because you can no longer get the knowledge scrolls? Yeah, that one. If that could be fixed, I know a lot of people would be happy. Also, please keep working on the Foundry, give it the love it deserves.

Thanks for listening! :)
  • Options
    jujmskillz2sikjujmskillz2sik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Please Bring back "Bind On Equip" loot and gear in dungeons, including legendary ring or offer a system were they can be bought if your just unlucky and or increase the drop rate
  • Options
    evilshenanigans0evilshenanigans0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Put the dungeons back the way they were when you could play them solo or with however many players and they were difficult. Limiting the number of players the way they do really limits the flexibility of the game. There are 4 in my group of friends and the only way for us to play the dungeon is to leave someone out or play in a public queue. I liked it a lot better when I could even solo a dungeon. Now that was a worthy challenge and made the game a lot more fun.
  • Options
    supershtickeysupershtickey Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    PC Foundry has been down for an extended amount of time.... I would like the foundry reactivated and the broken foundry quests either patched or removed with a notice sent to the creators so they can have a chance to fix whats wrong or let it go. I know its upsetting as a content creator to just have something disappear with no reasons given and no chance to attempt a fix.
  • Options
    supershtickeysupershtickey Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Put the dungeons back the way they were when you could play them solo or with however many players and they were difficult. Limiting the number of players the way they do really limits the flexibility of the game. There are 4 in my group of friends and the only way for us to play the dungeon is to leave someone out or play in a public queue. I liked it a lot better when I could even solo a dungeon. Now that was a worthy challenge and made the game a lot more fun.

I definately agree with this idea, however I dont play with that many friends and would like the "solo" option for most of the content, Um at lvl 60 we have to go back to the first bridge quest and defeat it I have found it easiest on a hunter ranger and darn near impossable with a scourge or control wizzard. A bit of a power balance is needed there.
  • Options
    krasnoyarsk1krasnoyarsk1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Bring old dungeons back, make the 4 elemental evil dungeons, make a dungeon demon-themed (maybe the baphomet maze?), create a new tier (heroic tier) of item level 3100 andput all of dungeons (old, new ones and the already existing dungeons) on it, with really good rewards, like artifacts, mounts, companion gear, etc (would be perfect if the lockboxes cease to exist and the rewards would drop from this tier).
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

I definately agree with this idea, however I dont play with that many friends and would like the "solo" option for most of the content, Um at lvl 60 we have to go back to the first bridge quest and defeat it I have found it easiest on a hunter ranger and darn near impossable with a scourge or control wizzard. A bit of a power balance is needed there.
    That could be done just bringing back the dungeons doors in map again, any size of group was ablle to enter dungeons from his door even solo players, if it was done in the leveling dungeons (since they are the ones that used to have doors) woud already be a really nice upgrade...
  • Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I think the main problem in this game right now are rewards...

1) esot - not worth it
    2) KR - not worth it
    3) Valindra - not worth it
    4) elol - kinda worth it if you are lucky
    5) CN - worth it if you are very very lucky
    6) tiamat - not worth it
    7) demogorgon -worth it because of rings but you cant sell them so its only matter of time when you collect them all.
    8) FBI - hard and not worth it
    9) T2 dungeons - not worth it
    10) POM/TODG - same as demo

So right now there is no point to grind anything else besides CN. GETAWAY is gone... So nowdays avarage player can make AD only through salvaging... ugh thats no fun at all..
  • Options
    I bought VIP for the first time ever despite being a long time player and just picking up the daily awards for all of my characters is turning into a bonifide ordeal as I'm being disconnected from the game on just about every character switch.

It looks like the days of actually being able to play on days when there is a lot of traffic will be few and far between - it's not like I have all day to spend collecting my VIP awards then try to get a few hours of actual play in.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case everyday.

*One more (minor) thing that could be improved IMO is that the daily VIP awards could stack instead of each daily award taking up an inventory slot.
    DD~
  • Options
    thunderbuns#6544 thunderbuns Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This may seem like a trivial thing but since I paid real cash for it it has me feeling riipped off.

The zen market description of the retraining token shows it as an actual inventory item, so when I was shopping I bought 2 for my alts but discovered that it is not an inventory item or transferrable even though the description doesn't say bound to character.

So now I have 2 retrainings available to my one character that doesn't need retraining and probably never will, and none on my 2 characters that actually need it. This really should be bound to account at the very least.

If they are going to charge cash for something the description needs to be less ambiguous.

To add insult to injury, after spending 15 minutes in game filing a support ticket - the ticket has disappeared with no reply whatsoever.

I don't mind paying for stuff, but it should be as described.
  • Options
    pitshade said:

Do the affected characters have Fey Thistle or any other boons that proc on deflect?

No, I read about that on the forums (never did get any kind of response from the devs) and all I have that I can think of that would cause this is the feat where opponents take damage from being in proximity to my character for my OP but as I mentioned this also happens on occasion with my DC and CW and they have no such feat... odd and frustrating, but thanks for the response.
    DD~
This discussion has been closed.