test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to the Vanilla Forums!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Well met adventurers,

Welcome to the Vanilla forums! We’re still in the midst of working out a few tweaks and bugs here and there, but they’re open for you to start posting about your fantastical adventures, nasty bugs you’ve run into or to just hang out and speak with your fellow Neverwinter adventurers.

Thank you for being patient during this process! All we ask is for you to report any bugs you run into here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/categories/vanilla-forum-migration-bug-reports so we can continue optimizing the Vanilla forums for your enjoyment.

Continue rolling those 20s!

And with great power comes great responsibility!
-Andy (Strum)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While the change to Vanilla has not been without its flaws--both glaring and minor--please do direct your feedback to the proper thread, and refrain from comments alluding to the perceived competency of the staff responsible--such comments are considered dev bashing.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Hi folks,

Appreciate the open feedback on this. We're keeping a close eye on feedback in regards to features from the Vanilla side and our side. We're looking into a lot of different stuff including the dev tracker. We appreciate the patience as we work through this stuff.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    for the love of everything holy, change the font size and the background color
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    rayrdan wrote: »

They should read a primer on basic design appraoches and maybe they would notice most of what they have done within the top 10 things never to do.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    These new forums are just... arggg.
    Everything just feels rushed, and doesn't really feels/looks finished...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sad! Sad! Sad! A major Fubar again. Sad! Sad! Sad!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    rayrdan wrote: »

Until they update their style, I have created an alternative to the current look here: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1190674/forum-readability-upgrade-style
    Actually I am looking forward to someone communicating as opposed to making packaged statements that do not reflect the reality of the Situation. Then again I can only hope that the Current state of the forums will be generally improved and that AARs (After Action Reviews) are being bandied about by people in your Office.

The state of the forums is a continued conversation with our team over here as we want to make sure the experience works for players (and our internal team). I know I probably sound like a robot (which can probably be blamed on our my PR background :smile: ), but know that we're working on things in real-time to get things into a good spot. Our team has a laser focused eye on everything going on in the forums in regards of its use and changes that we can make. My team (including myself, Strum and Trendy) are super approachable and here to help. If something is wrong, feel free to reach out directly.

Alex
    And this is the Kind of Statement that works out in your favor. I appreciate it, even if it promises little to nothing and is pretty full of vapid PR speak. It is still Communication, and daily communication is needed over the forum migration and how you expect it to be end up when it is in a good spot for you.

We'll try to do a better job of maintaining communication. Appreciate the continued feedback. Like I said, please feel free to ping me directly if needed!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The state of the forums is a continued conversation with our team over here as we want to make sure the experience works for players (and our internal team). I know I probably sound like a robot (which can probably be blamed on our my PR background :smile: ), but know that we're working on things in real-time to get things into a good spot. Our team has a laser focused eye on everything going on in the forums in regards of its use and changes that we can make. My team (including myself, Strum and Trendy) are super approachable and here to help. If something is wrong, feel free to reach out directly.

Alex

And this is the Kind of Statement that works out in your favor. I appreciate it, even if it promises little to nothing and is pretty full of vapid PR speak. It is still Communication, and daily communication is needed over the forum migration and how you expect it to be end up when it is in a good spot for you.

Call me a "fanboi" or anything you want (general "you", not directed at quoted person above) - but here's the thing:

I've been a fan of the ARC client since beta days. I love it. I've always found the ARC team to be responsive and always working to make things right, they are friendly people working hard.

I'll be the first to shout from the mountain tops of the Internetz that Vanilla forums is, well... nowhere near as useful or easy-to-use as many other, not to mention the vBulletin system Cryptic Studios was using. However, it's still usable and will require a bit of a learning curve. I'm fortunate that I've been using them for a while so I'm already familiar.

All that to say this (and reason for my quoting previous commentaries above): I've been chatting with @weallfalldown over at Reddit, and though I may not have been very helpful to him and his team they have been taking my reports and at least investigating them seriously and vigorously. I know this because they kept coming up with new questions for me to help them narrows things down.

I don't know what they did or if any of my input was any help at all (likely not, but hey) - but the problems I've been having all week with login issues (and that login carrying over from page to page, etc.) are now fixed - at least for right now on my my office computer.

Hopefully it really is fixed and I'll have no more glitches at home also.

So this comment is to express my 'thank you' to the ARC devs. I don't know if my glitches were account-specific or more widely spread. For me they seem resolved. For everyone else: remember these are hard-working people trying to just do their jobs and if it were so darned easy we'd all be doing it.

I am not an apologist for ARC,I'll call them out on any BS just as quickly as I might praise them. But let's be real here: give them some credit where they deserve it.

Now: @weallfalldown, we need to talk about hiding that annoying "Recently Played" tab at the top of the ARC client library list. But I suppose that's for another thread. :)

EDIT to clarify: My forum frustration glitches were fixed literally just now, like within the last 15 minutes of my creating this post. I just wanted to make that clear.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Just want to thank @yetweallfalldown for jumping on Reddit and letting us know that there was indeed someone out there watching feedback and taking action. Don't think I can remember any time in the past were I saw a post ANYWHERE from ANYONE associated with STO or NW that included "I just got off the phone with the person working on the issues...".
    That Reddit post was a welcome, unexpected response.

My forum login issues were fixed sometime yesterday, not sure when exactly, but (obviously) I can now login and post, so the frustration is subsiding. Getting used to the new forum setup is another matter. :smile:
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    ...so the frustration is subsiding. Getting used to the new forum setup is another matter. :smile:

I agree. Though the one singular 'feature' that would eliminate 99% of my frustration with Vanilla Forums: a preference to sort every thread by newest to oldest; meaning new activity (including new comments) from when I visited last. And "New" tags being more prevalent.

Either way, as I've stated above: thanks ARC team for fixing whatever that nasty little bug was.
  • hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the welcome.....
    I liked the old Forum for it was much easier to navigate in this one every thing looks like its extra bold and clunky and its a mine field.
    Also every time I clean the junk off my pc and then go to log into this forum it says I'm logging in from a new pc even after it says it has saved my pc, does it mean you have saved this pc to your records your side? or just placed a cookie on my side which is a bit annoying as my set up cleans unwanted junk every day, cookies ect.
    Post edited by hoofit on
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Do not know if it was mentioned before but you really need to add pagination at the bottom of the threads, it is terrible UI/UX to require the reader to scroll back to the top of the page to then be able to move to the next page.
    GF - Sigh
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    vaulwyn wrote: »
    Do not know if it was mentioned before but you really need to add pagination at the bottom of the threads, it is terrible UI/UX to require the reader to scroll back to the top of the page to then be able to move to the next page.

I brought that up yesterday. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    The tracker for replied posts doesn't work.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Could you pleace restore the Forum-/Subforum/Thread-Title to being displayed in the browser tab titlebar? sorry, I'm a habitual multi-tabber, and having only "Arc Games" as title in every tab is as well quite annoying/confusing as really not up to industry standard.

On the bright side, I do like and appreciate your maintenance bar in the forum header, good idea!
  • bubbleleaderbubbleleader Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I need a next page button on the bottom of the page. C'mon this is user design 101, don't make me scroll all the way to the top to get to the next page.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    I need a next page button on the bottom of the page. C'mon this is user design 101, don't make me scroll all the way to the top to get to the next page.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Could you pleace restore the Forum-/Subforum/Thread-Title to being displayed in the browser tab titlebar? sorry, I'm a habitual multi-tabber, and having only "Arc Games" as title in every tab is as well quite annoying/confusing as really not up to industry standard.

On the bright side, I do like and appreciate your maintenance bar in the forum header, good idea!

Yeah, these two are really taxing on me as well. I do love our announcements too though. :)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    I can't use the forum on FireFox anymore. It was working just fine, but something changed within the last few days, and i can log into the forum with FF, but as soon as i want to write something, or if i want to check my acount
    "You don't have the permission to do that"
    message at every corner. So, what did you change?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    I don't think these forums are that bad. No, they are not as user-friendly as the prior version, but they still serve the primary purpose of the forums: communication. Now, let's get back to fixing long-term bugs and glitches in the game. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • xaeiownuxxaeiownux Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    well i want to put my nickel in and say these forums are the worst i have ever used due to the reasons mentioned above ,including when i goto a page it starts me in the middle so i have to scroll up to start at the top. Also when i return to page 1 i no longer have the option to return to any of the latter pages.
  • purnopurno Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi I'm a new Neverwinter player and joined the forums in order to look for a Guild. However, since I'm new here, I'm not allowed to make my own thread. What do I need to do get rid of this pretty stupid restriction?
  • purnopurno Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    How long is this gonna take? Do I need a minimum number of posts? Is it just a matter of time?