test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Protector’s Jubilee event (and why it's awesome)

2»

Comments

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    [...]
    I know I am not the only alt-o'holic who still has the majority of their characters in a Mod 6 Limbo state.

Funny thing: I took the event as an impulse to get all my passives into basic frontline fitness again... ...well, some for the first time ever. It's acceptably affordable currently, given the current prices: Lvl 69 blues, all Dark R5/6s, and no fancy underwear, and they're good to go (to the Speech, not to Sharandar...) for less than 25kAD...

Eight done, Six more to go.

And preemptively: Yes, I know I can pass on the Garden Keys. But they can also get them on their own, Figurines* are on a daily limit, and I want some of the armour transforms, too...

* I simply can't get the following image from my head: The portly Lord Protector Dagult Neverember - as a blister-packaged Bandai action figure with snazzy pop-coloured layoud cardboard back... :^D
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    Lord Neverember demonstrates his merchant-prince credentials by pioneering a line of personal character goods. :v
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like the stuff this event offers. My only complaint is that the 2 non-skirmish quests are basically busywork. This is one of the only events that has armor transmutes, and most loo really nice. The addition of the horse and Boo Throne are nice touches, (though I would have really liked to see some weapon transmutes as well). It's also too bad that there's no way to retain the coloration of the Protector's armor, when applying its look to a piece of gear that's already dyed, (though I suppose that's what dye remover is for).

The additional sale on dye packs, and the other weekly freebies were/are great, as well!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Similar to the one I had yesterday. We failed to get any of the bonuses because the party had very little to no DPS. It was my Devotion OP, another OP low level, 2 very low level HRs and a TR. The TR only had about 200,000 more damage than I did, we were both over 1 million. The next nearest in damage was 400,000. But even so, none of us every died, as I healed for almost 3 million. Then I had a really messed up one where my Tactician GF did almost 4 million damage (2GFs, GWF, 2 DCs), so it does some weird party setups. I had 3 of my 16 runs without any healers, and 2 with 2 DCs and 2 OPs in them.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    The one good thing about an ALL Alternate Lowbie team.............ya get to hear the entire speech!!! :*
    valwryn wrote: »
    The one good thing about an ALL Alternate Lowbie team.............ya get to hear the entire speech!!! :*

...now please do explain: How's that good? Also, isn't it an endless auto-loop of random snippets?
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    ...All in all, it's a fun event, quick enough to not despise the grind too much, reasonable goals (reward prices)...
    I wish they would use this as a guide for the rest of their events. :)

I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    khimera906 wrote: »
    ...All in all, it's a fun event, quick enough to not despise the grind too much, reasonable goals (reward prices)...
    Amen. Unfortunately the summer event will be upon us soon, which is the exact opposite. That event brings out the worst in people and I refuse to participate in it, no matter what the rewards may be this year.
    Ah yes. The return of the Flower Ninjas.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    It's my favorite event from last year, still is this year (Winter event is a close second for me).
    I had to get me a Parade Horse (because my Protection paladin makes any mount look good) and I even upgraded it to rank III.

If nothing else it's definitely worth a good laugh to see my and my mount in a full "trot" at 110% Speed. Total hoot, I tell ya.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I have noticed odd things with my IV/Tactician GF in the event too. She averages between 3.0 mil to almost 5 mil damage. I have never seen her do that much damage at any time in normal PvE situations.
    edited June 2015
    Amen. Unfortunately the summer event will be upon us soon, which is the exact opposite. That event brings out the worst in people and I refuse to participate in it, no matter what the rewards may be this year.

I'll need a Sunite Shield for my Paladess of Sune... ...so, unfortunately complete boycott is not an option.:^/
    Ah yes. The return of the Flower Ninjas.
    Don't forget the troll ninjas, which are possibly worse. In most MMOs kill stealing either rewards the thief with nothing or it's a bannable offense. Neither mechanics are included in the event unfortunately. The only reasonably fun part is the water fight. Anyway.. back to the jubilee please :)

...also, besides Flower Ninjas and Troll Ninjas there's Chicken Ninjas, and, worst of all for impact scale, the Pig Ninjas!

The chicken run game was the funniest part IMHO. Water fights against preformed teams... ...some people can spoil all the fun.
    edited June 2015
    I have noticed odd things with my IV/Tactician GF in the event too. She averages between 3.0 mil to almost 5 mil damage. I have never seen her do that much damage at any time in normal PvE situations.

...also: Critters by the dozen. If you go for damage reflection, you'll cause a cartload of pain.