test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Protector’s Jubilee event (and why it's awesome)

magenubbiemagenubbie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,344 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
It's that time of the year again. The Protector’s Jubilee event is back. Still competing with the Simril winter event for the title of best event this game has to offer.

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting to see it back when it was held last year. But I'm glad to see it return. This is one of the few events in this game where all prizes can be had by everyone, provided you work for it. And before people ask, yes Respen's is third. And the prizes are decent as well: a green companion which fights reasonably well compared to other free companions, good looking fashion, transmutes, very useful buff food, a daily giveaway and last, but not least, 2 thrones instead of one last year. A nice touch to honor the most famous giant miniature space hamster in Faerun, well made and I'm definitely going to get one, no matter what it takes.

Granted, as with any skirmish, you'll run into a few new, weak and low-on-fixed-screws-in-the-head people and you'll lose your bonus a few times, but it's worth it and it doesn't ruin too much for the rest of the team. I basically soloed most of the encounters during the last skirmish I did, trying to protect the rest of the team. But you can't help that. You risk carrying a few people here and there at any event in any MMO and most of these people at least know to try and carry their weight. That's all I need to see, and wish I'd see more often.

All in all, it's a fun event, quick enough to not despise the grind too much, reasonable goals (reward prices) and, apparently, quite tricky for some newer players.

Thanks devs and anyone who helped decide that this event should return. I'd really LOVE more events built like this, where everyone can get the reward he wishes by working for it, without RNGesus butting in.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

-Still waiting for the "multiple double AD events" promised on Aug 5th, 2015-

No real hamsters were intentionally hurt in creating this post. It has been 0 day(s) without incidents and counting
Post edited by magenubbie on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Aye, this is also one of my favorite events along with Respens.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    They need to turn off the voice in the event skirmish cause im getting crazy with this guy who never shut up.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    They need to turn off the voice in the event skirmish cause im getting crazy with this guy who never shut up.
    That's the point of the Skirmish. You're supposed to be protecting Protector's Enclave while Lord Neverember gives his speech. You can go into your options and lower the setting for voice sounds however. Just go to Options, Audio tab, then adjust the "Voice volume" slider.

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, I only had 3 runs today, of the 16 characters that I have, that did not get the entire bonus. Those were with my least geared characters so I am certain I contributed to the failures. Well one my Devotion Paladin took over 1 million damage and healed almost 2 million and never died, and still managed to do over 1 million damage, so.... I am thinking the others in the party were below level 60, and not level 70. A devotion paladin doing that much damage seems to be a bit odd, to me.
    But yes it is one of my favorite events. The helm transmutes are better looking than most normal helms in the game.
    edited June 2015
    Yes, I only had 3 runs today, of the 16 characters that I have, that did not get the entire bonus. Those were with my least geared characters so I am certain I contributed to the failures. Well one my Devotion Paladin took over 1 million damage and healed almost 2 million and never died, and still managed to do over 1 million damage, so.... I am thinking the others in the party were below level 60, and not level 70. A devotion paladin doing that much damage seems to be a bit odd, to me.

Were you using Binding Oath? the dmg it does to you is exploding is calculated towards your Paingiver. (same with Divine Protector)
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    This event is really amazing! And the prizes are amazing this year. I am seriously enthusiastic as a puppy over getting that second throne and all the nice fashion items.

And!!! Don't forget the amazing cutey horse mount. Parade horse for the win. =)
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    the only thing i dislike is that skirmish is scaled to 60 instead of being 70

and the horse - why its green, im not made of AD to get it to epic
    Paladin Master Race
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Meh.. tons of inventory hogging r3s =P Though I like the event, I wouldnt say rewards are earth shattering or worthy of alt grinding per se.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...also: Open ze ZEN store each day, choose "Free" and get some free stuff each day. Some of it is even useful (Scrolls of Life, Stone of Health...).
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Chiming in: this is definitely in the top 3 events for me (I have to keep Respens #1).

4 of my characters don't have access to the Protector's Garden, so I was very happy to be working towards my key on them, as well as earning figurines and renown for mounts and fashion outfits. It takes less than 15 minutes to do the daily skirmish and 2 quick quests, so this is within the reach of pretty much everyone.

I think the rewards are some of the best-looking items in the game.
    edited June 2015
    Were you using Binding Oath? the dmg it does to you is exploding is calculated towards your Paingiver. (same with Divine Protector)

No. I was running with circle of power, divine touch and Templar's Wrath as my encounters. Oath Strike and Cure Wounds for at-wills. And aura of truth and aura of divinity for passives. And Divine Judgment and Healing Font for dallies. Maybe something in there would explain the damage I was doing, not certain.

And I am in the light path, if that makes a difference. And a little in justice.

There was another paladin in the party too, I think he/she was a devotion too, along with a DC, GF and a TR.

Post edited by rickcase276 on

No. I was running with circle of power, divine touch and Templar's Wrath as my encounters. Oath Strike and Cure Wounds for at-wills. And aura of truth and aura of divinity for passives. And Divine Judgment and Healing Font for dallies. Maybe something in there would explain the damage I was doing, not certain.

And I am in the light path, if that makes a difference. And a little in justice.

There was another paladin in the party too, I think he/she was a devotion too, along with a DC, GF and a TR.

what was the duration of the skirmish? changed DJ does pretty good aoe dmg, maybe with some buffs and debuffs from the allies you got some nice boost. It's not a problem for geared paladin to do few milions of dmg during dungeon run, etc.
    rinat114 wrote: »
    but SO MUCH LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.
    Absolutely no lag here. You should contact Support and troubleshoot the issue.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    It was my first Jubilee skirmish. I enjoyed it... because I was fighting the old leveling bosses. I did not mind that I carried the other 4 members of my team. I am sure someone will have to carry a few of my alts, if and when I play them.

I look forward to the rest of the offerings.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I really like the event but is it possible to win anything apart from the 150 renown and R3/4 enchantments? do any of the store rewards like the armor transmutes , unbound throne, companion or horse have a chance to drop from the end chest? Soooooo many R3/4 enchantments not that I'm complaining what with the 2xrp coming up B)
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Events are always underperforming got
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I really like the event but is it possible to win anything apart from the 150 renown and R3/4 enchantments? do any of the store rewards like the armor transmutes , unbound throne, companion or horse have a chance to drop from the end chest? Soooooo many R3/4 enchantments not that I'm complaining what with the 2xrp coming up B)

Events are always kind of underperforming for high(er)-end players and absolutely great for everyone else. On my lowbie SW, I'll be getting two Thrones of Boo by just doing the dailies which currently converts to 500k AD. I'm sure the price will go down by a decent amount before the event is over, but that's instantly more ADs than the character has ever owned.

That said: Did they forget to scale the event skirmish to 70 or is it wai?

Also kudos for fixing Beachcombing, the Xbox apparently has our last years version with the 3-minute respawn timer of the maps and players piling up at the beach B)
    The drops I am getting from the chests are r1 and r2 enchants. All of the CTAs so far, since M6 hit, have been scaled to 60.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    While we're at it...

...is there any preview of the event armor transmutes someplace???
    edited June 2015
    While we're at it...

...is there any preview of the event armor transmutes someplace???
    You can copy a character to the preview server and buy them there to have a look. The wikia might have some screens for some of the pieces, yet the few I glanced at did not.

That's a good enough plan, thank you!
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    El seems to have tons more quests this year. I've only had a couple repeats quests so far.

Now one issue I had was one of my toons had to speak to an Emissary in Sharandar. Sadly she didnt have Sharandar unlocked. Course she's level 68 ( the lazy witch :* ) so she should have it unlocked. It was no biggy running thru Old Sharandar to finaly find the Emissary. Died a few times while wearing level 50 gear still but I was too tenacious for them Feys and Trolls. :p

Dragon_Feast.jpg
    Oh No! Dragons are after the feast.
    Post edited by valwryn on
  • karistianakaristiana Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    This is my first time participating in this event (only been playing NW since March), and I appreciate the event rewards and the daily giveaways.

The garden is a nice convenience area. I would love to see a professions vendor and perhaps a training dummy or two added. Perhaps in the future after more pressing matters are tended to :).

I was a little surprised by one of the daily event quests my newly level 60 CW received. The quest was to find and speak to a harper, who turns out to be (spolier) ..... dead, in New Sharandar - an area in which I had yet to unlock.

Yes, I was able to complete it. It was just rather unexpected to receive an event quest that not only sent me to an area over 10 levels higher than my own but the area itself had to be unlocked prior to being able to even attempt the quest.
    karistiana wrote: »
    [...]
    I was a little surprised by one of the daily event quests my newly level 60 CW received. The quest was to find and speak to a harper, who turns out to be
    (spolier) ..... dead,
    in New Sharandar - an area in which I had yet to unlock.
    [...]

FTFY :*

What I currently like best about the event:

Thanks to the Lvl 60 normalizing I could finally dust off, put on, and to good use again... ...my HiProfit gear! >:)
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The x2 rp event matters to me.

I want to point out this link with most valuable information a player can easily miss in massive stream of information, also it had been published in time (8 AM PDT) when players in Central Europe had evening time already.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9412853-neverwinter:-celebrate-all-week-with-free-items-and-bonuses!
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    rinat114 wrote: »
    but SO MUCH LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.
    Absolutely no lag here. You should contact Support and troubleshoot the issue.

Tons of lag for me, in PE and especially the skirmish. Once the decorations will get removed the lag will reduce. No need to contact anyone, they won't be able to solve it.
    edited June 2015
    I have had a few like that. I was wondering if they had their sound off or could not understand the language. I ran through one with my weakest, power-wise, character... and she is a 32 HR. I was trying to see how little damage some people have been giving in my matches.

She did just over 400k damage and killed about 40 mobs. Not a huge number compared to my main, who has ticked off 4.6 million and 118 kills.

The lowest damage amount I have seen was 50k; the lowest kills I have seen was 6.

I do find it amusing as hell. When my IV/Tactician GF beats 3/5 of the team... by a lot... that is amusing to me.

If you cannot laugh at your situation, considering the guidelines, maybe you should enter with a premade team. I find all of it highly amusing.

I am saving for the /me Juggle as well... works well since I have the Jester outfit.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    It's fun and the rewards are worthwhile, plus free stuff. What's not to like?

I've had two skirmishes where I was with obviously new/low level toons and carried them but that was fun also. Not often an Archer HR gets to carry a team and coming top of both Paingiver and Damage Taken with my Tankadin was a laugh.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2015
    I had been running all my characters through it a few times, so you may also be seeing people like me who have over 25 characters but most of them are still not geared up after Module 6 and are sitting in a "Leadership Daze" without any new gear and no enchants in anything, as all my enchants were pooled together for Module 6 to deck out my main two characters. So, I now have two characters that are very well geared and over twenty characters that are basically in a gimped state, waiting for me to have the time to get them back in playing order.

I know I am not the only alt-o'holic who still has the majority of their characters in a Mod 6 Limbo state.