NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For those of us that spent $100s of dollars trying to get Dmir Assassin

Comments

• Options
    idab#9800 idab Posts: 3

Yall really throwing a fit after spending money in an OPEN BETA? Get over yourselves demanding to be coddled for a bad decision. Maybe take the hint and talk to a therapist about the impulse control issues you have regarding video games and real cash loot box mechanics.

YOU SAW SHINY THING AND WANTED IT. (To be blunt, the "Reason" is not relevant. We can't assume you all wanted it because 'exclusive'((Which already was not promised so can I assume you spent money on a hurried assumption?)) vs any other reason, i.e wanting to collect all items early on, not wanting to play other classes because you feel like you won't enjoy it as much as people using the fancy class. etc.)

((Gonna throw it out there because I keep reading the exclusive claim a lot and even equating the 'grand prize' title to be implying exclusivity. In what world have you lived where a "Grand Prize" is implying the goods being won cannot and will not be able to be won elsewhere? Sounds like some entitled crybaby nonsense.))

YOU USED MONEY TO BUY THE THING IN A GAME OF CHANCE. THERE WAS NO PROMISE OF HOW THE GOODS WOULD BE HANDLED IN THE FUTURE OR IF THEY WOULD BE REDISTRIBUTED. (Why you may ask? WELCOME TO OPEN BETA. And also just the game industry in general ffs.)

((If anyone cares to correct me please do but I have yet to see any promise the item would NOT be redistributed. If that exists that is the one and only thing yall should lead your argument with))

YOURE NOW UPSET BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE WILL GET WHAT YOU HAVE WITHOUT HAVING TO INDULGE IN POOR IMPULSE CONTROL AND GAMBLING.

You bought a digital asset without full knowledge of how the product would be handled in the future. The asset's "rarity" was clearly volatile and you attempted to predict with your assumed information. You got burnt. This is called buyers remorse.

THAT ALL BEING SAID;

I will side with those proposing a possible 'zen' compensation BUT not as some 'deserved refund for being screwed by the company' nononononono, as a GIFT from the company as a sign of good faith for the PLAYER-PERCIEVED miscommunication.

That's what it is and it would be very forward thinking of them to do so BUT then they'd just be re-rewarding players for their impulse control issues, idk if that's right. but I've been there, it sucks to spend money you in hindsight wouldn't have or didn't actually want to spend.

• Options

No your analogy is laughably bad.

It's more like going to a fancy car lot and buying a new car VIA SCRATCH-IT's and eventually winning because the whole time you /assumed the car would be an exclusive to prize winners and thus inflated the perceived value in your head/ then later after winning learning that there is also a competition that is task/repetition based that while required 0$ it does require /a lot of freaking time/ but that time is generally overlapping with general car use stuff. So while you both might perform the same tasks in a day with you in your fancy gambled car and them in their free junker, they will be eventually working towards earning a car just like yours and even if you were to get another it's nonsense because you can't drive two at once.

Pretty sure that's much closer. Nobody 'bait and switched' anybody.

• Options

Well do the thing everyone else who will get it 'for free' is going to do and BAM you got your class.

You gambled 100 and didn't get what you want.

And you're upset that you now have a chance to get it anyways?

ffs theres no winning with this crowd.

• Options

While I do understand where people are coming from that did spend the money I dont think a full refund should be available unless you are willing to return the ingame items you got from the packs like spell pages etc. Those items allowed people that did spend money to beef up their character and possible get tons of gold that people that didnt buy dont have which has devalued gold considerably one week into the game. 12 million for the class that should be impossible to earn in one week, but some already have apparently. Not to mention being able to upgrade your spells to level 4 or 5 already, to get a full refund of zen to buy more packs to continue to devalue the gold and beef your character should not be allowed. Now if you want a refund, i agree you should get one but you also cant keep the stuff you got out of the packs. And anything that was sold you need the gold on your account that you made off the sell to get a refund. Just my two cents because ruining the games economy in the first week like they did with neverwinter will just hurt the game in the long run.

• Options
    budswiftbudswift Posts: 3

Tbh reading through these comments and its not clear on some of them.

If you spent cash and gambled for an exclusive item BUT didnt win it and now wishing for a refund because it can now be obtained free then I understand why you pissed but no you shouldn't get a refund. Thats gambling.

However if you gambled and got that exclusive item and its now free something should be compensated.

But you shouldn't get a full refund if anything a percentage of what you spent back in Zen.

Maybe have tiers and give each tier a pack that can win a certain amount of zen.. after all you enjoy the gamble.

maybe give all those a limited costume with cash signs all over it.

• Options
    edited March 2021

Same I had no interest in anything in the pack besides the class and the Devs know that is same thought for most people who brought the booster. Sales would have looked much different if people know before hand they could have gotten the class for 10$ on battle pass. I got the class because I sold the main items I gained from the pack to buy the class.

• Options
    caldannachcaldannach Posts: 6

Y'all?

Oh dear, lmao!

Firstly, do Americans even understand how retarded it makes them sound using that word in written text?

Secondly, you may not have the inclination, the balls or the disposable income to open loot boxes but some people do. Not everyone that opens them is some failed gambling addict living in a hovel just because they spend a couple of hundred dollars on a video game.

Some people spend that much on a night out. Or a fishing rod. Or a bicycle tire.

Its not about gambling to people who whine about these things, its because they don't have the balls or the money to do it themselves and hate it when people who do win the prizes. Its just plain envy.

Hence why you are trying to be so insulting, you are jealous of people like me who have had the Dimir Assassin for several days already without grinding.

Well i worked all my life, you should try it sometime!

• Options
    caldannachcaldannach Posts: 6

No that is not gambling at all though. Sorry to burst your little disposable income envy bubble.

Gambling is paying for and opening a loot box, knowing what you can possibly win, and then accepting what you actually win.

Gambling is not paying for and opening a loot box, knowing what you can possibly win, winning it, and then watching other people get offered it for free.

Even if the game is in beta, that shouldn't affect paid products that are clearly advertised as offering certain products to be won, then changing them to be free. I am sure its not a legal obligation, but if a developer wants to lose all good will with people that will keep their game afloat then going against that simple moral obligation is an easy way to kill your game early.

• Options

If you were stupid enough to spend money on a new game that you know nothing about yet and that needs major improvements you don´t deserve anything except a life lesson.

Stop giving developers money for a basic game, if you don´t spend any money they will have to do drastic changes to make the game better so they can get money. By spending money you make them feel safe and like they are doing something right so they wont put much effort into it compared to if they felt the pressure of losing money.

• Options

The basis for purchasing packs was the Assassin. So refunds of a Percentage should be completed for players. Compensation isn't much to ask for. I for one, don't anticipate a full refund, as we did gain other benefits from the packs. But I do see us getting something, as a company I would see it as shooting themselves in the foot. They stay in business because of Micro-transactions, and to basically tells your "Paying" players, sorry, to bad, so sad. Isn't the way to grow the franchise. As it will ultimately push those paying players away, and in turn give a bad reputation, as far as business policies. They're already made a call and set a precedent for refunds.

just wait and see!

@turtlestomper#5025 I am listening to Adelle right now. Betrayal, heart break.. you name it.. But she does have some positive stuff, so lets aim for positive, eh?

Just my 2 mana,

Antioch

• Options
    moonstoner#7187 moonstoner Posts: 268
    edited March 2021

@soulseeker#1880 where did you see that it was .01% drop? I do feel like they should have put the class in the empyrean shop.

• Options

Assuming people do not work because they may not want to support gambling-mechanics with unrealistic dropchances? Very low of you but a common argument for the likes of you.

It is a beta in a to be desired state. If you spend much money and get the items you want, have fun, I won't criticise you for supporting the game in an early state. If someone of you both is insulting in a way, it is you.

BTT:

I like the announced changes. In all honesty, I do hope people like you get compensated in any way, but not in full. As mentioned many times, you chose to support this game by your own will, knowing perfectly well things can and will change to some degree. Me and some friends of mine played the game a few days but dropped it for several reasons, locking a class behind a gambling system was one of them. All of us work and still we refused to pay for this. If classes need to be exclusive, make them purchaseable for a set price, not with lootbox-%.

Some players feel "betrayed", because they supported in an exclusive way which will be available even for f2p, though with much effort (calling out to all Warframe-players). After hearing about the changes, I truly thought about supporting the game myself, because I don't thing this "incident" as bad reputation, but as dev's who listen to their players. And that should be rewarded. I want Mag

TL;DR:

I think people should be compensated, but not in full. You chose to pay. You knew things would change. So stop crying around and insult other people.

• Options

Assuming people do not work because they may not want to support gambling-mechanics with unrealistic dropchances? Very low of you but a common argument for the likes of you.

It is a beta in a to be desired state. If you spend much money and get the items you want, have fun, I won't criticise you for supporting the game in an early state. If someone of you both is insulting in a way, it is you.

BTT:

I like the announced changes. In all honesty, I do hope people like you get compensated in any way, but not in full. As mentioned many times, you chose to support this game by your own will, knowing perfectly well things can and will change to some degree. Me and some friends of mine played the game a few days but dropped it for several reasons, locking a class behind a gambling system was one of them. All of us work and still we refused to pay for this. If classes need to be exclusive, make them purchaseable for a set price, not with lootbox-%.

Some players feel "betrayed", because they supported in an exclusive way which will be available even for f2p, though with much effort (calling out to all Warframe-players). After hearing about the changes, I truly thought about supporting the game myself, because I don't thing this "incident" as bad reputation, but as dev's who listen to their players. And that should be rewarded. I want Mag

TL;DR:

I think people should be compensated, but not in full. You chose to pay. You knew things would change. So stop crying around and insult other people.

• Options

BTT:

TL;DR:

• Options
    edited March 2021

This has happened in numerous games over the years, and consumers have held developers responsible by communicating their displeasure...whether by voicing grievances or boycott. I do not agree with most that demand refund, but there should be consequences when consumers take companies at their word, and their trust is damaged.

Yes, I can read what is said in the statement about items possibly being earned by other means than random pack pulls...but the issue is more that the item was marketed as being an ultra rare find. To change from that in the abbreviated time period that they did is unethical in the eyes of consumers. Regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

The Magic The Gathering franchise has always been based on risk and gambling. It's the entire concept since day 1 Alpha. You pay for a chance to land that one card you absolutely can't live without. Can you imagine if WotC decided to give away Black Lotus' for free all of a sudden? (or insert what ever card is highly sought after)

What makes it worse is that the developer created the demand by labeling the Assassin as the ultimate prize, exclusive, etc. An MTG card's value is determined by it's influence on the game...hence value is established by the player base. This is what drives players to spend more to attain the prize.

To create a false hype out of the gates, and then dilute the perceived value by changing how the item is attained gives the appearance of a cash grab. Civil suits have been successful on far less merit.

Let people be upset, let them complain...don't belittle those that have a differing view than you. Developers should be held to their word.

Seriously, if no one raised hell when No Man's Sky or Cyberpunk 2077 was released, we'd never have studios release decent games again. (still waiting on CD Projekt to make good...what a cluster&$%*

• Options
    detherockydetherocky Posts: 5

So no compensation?

Interisting.

• Options
    I personally spent 80 € and got the class from one of the packages, but I don't think I would have spent it knowing that they would have given for free, I honestly would not want a return of money because I prefer to continue to support the project, but some kind of compensation seems to me more than fair ... at least the value of the class in gold .. or aether ...

• Options
    I personally spent 80 € and got the class from one of the packages, but I don't think I would have spent it knowing that they would have given for free, honestly I would not want a return of money because I find it absurd to demand the return knowing perfectly that spending money for an online game basically means throwing them away. for this I am convinced that it is right that the money continue to support the project, but a compensation of some kind seems more than fair to me ... at least the value of the class in gold .. or aether ...

• Options

BTT:

TL;DR:

• Options

BTT:

TL;DR:

• Options

BTT:

Some players feel "betrayed", because they supported in an exclusive way which will be available even for f2p, though with much effort (calling out to all Warframe-players). After hearing about the changes, I truly thought about supporting the game myself, because I don't thing this "incident" as bad reputation, but as dev's who listen to their players. And that should be rewarded. I want Magic Legends to be a good game.

TL;DR:

• Options

BTT:

TL;DR:

• Options

that was supposed to be a quote from someone else's post i reply'd on the bottom i agree i don't want a money refund but a zen refund or compensation woul be a great way of them showing that what they did was wrong. I am here to support to game but im not here to take advantage of while doing so.

• Options
    sylent808sylent808 Posts: 4

Firstly, not sure why any of you are speaking on the matter. Why is it any of your business? did you spend money?

Secondly, saying this is gambling, you are bad for doing it, and should know better is a weak and laughable. sounds to me like you guys are the ones crying, since it really is none of your business. it is between the spender and the company.

Whatever their reasoning, it doesnt matter. these people spent money. If they feel like they deserve a refund they have a right to request it. Ultimately it is up to the company to decide if refund is better for their business model or none. Then these people will decide if they will spend again. Not sure how you think you come into the equation.

• Options
    sylent808sylent808 Posts: 4

Firstly, not sure why any of you are speaking on the matter. Why is it any of your business? did you spend money?

Secondly, saying this is gambling, you are bad for doing it, and should know better is a weak and laughable. sounds to me like you guys are the ones crying, since it really is none of your business. it is between the spender and the company.

Whatever their reasoning, it doesnt matter. these people spent money. If they feel like they deserve a refund they have a right to request it. Ultimately it is up to the company to decide if refund is better for their business model or none. Then these people will decide if they will spend again. Not sure how you think you come into the equation.

• Options
    vats3#5852 vats3 Posts: 9

Maybe if not a refund then a boost on the battle pass, maybe like 100 exp for each pack purchased, that way the money they spent on the packs directly go to progressing them to the assassin class

• Options
    detherockydetherocky Posts: 5

Man we just need some official response about this thread.

I want to know if it´s worth it or not to keep investing time on this game.

• Options
    yavieydev#1767 yavieydev Posts: 187 Community Manager

Hey all, as an update on this, we're still discussing internally. Sorry the response is taking so long.

This discussion has been closed.