test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix the costumes, then I can return to CO.

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
You literally made CO repulsive to me with this screw up Cryptic.

My characters all look awful and wrong, and I have lost all desire to play.

Fix the problem. Emergency patch, Roll back, whatever you have to do, but do NOT delay it.

You've already damaged your already bad reputation. Save a LITTLE face please?
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You realize your title has left you open for a ton of mockery and japes, do you not? :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    On a more serious note, just curious, what are you seeing? I'm only seeing one of my "girls" (Kestrel) affected...weird bulges and clipping around the collar bone front and back.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On a more serious note, just curious, what are you seeing? I'm only seeing one of my "girls" (Kestrel) affected...weird bulges and clipping around the collar bone front and back.

If you want to see what we're talking about, go into the editor on that toon and choose a skin and tights costume piece that's bare on the stomach. Then, with that piece still selected, switch over to jackets, as it seems like that category wasn't affected.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why did you start a brand new thread when you were already talking in a previous thread about the situation? Why would you start a thread titled with your threatening to leave the game when the other one about a specific issue is the better one to support?

Stop it already.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Couldn't even see it at first. On mine, it looks like a slight darkening and a reversal of navel color. Shading problem?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Why are there so many people on this forum so concerned with telling others what to post?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    You literally made CO repulsive to me with this screw up Cryptic.

My characters all look awful and wrong, and I have lost all desire to play.

Fix the problem. Emergency patch, Roll back, whatever you have to do, but do NOT delay it.

You've already damaged your already bad reputation. Save a LITTLE face please?

Being just a bit melodramatic here. I mean, if your reaction to a little visual bug is this extreme... maybe it's time to do something else for a while.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    Not just stomach - Steelhawk tights has inverted also

invertednormals_zpskltauano.jpg~original

hmm, thats an interesting effect especially the back.
    wondering if when they fix the old one, we could keep that as a bonus one.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why are there so many people on this forum so concerned with telling others what to post?

There's being concerned with what others post. Then there's concern of others flooding the forums with threads about topics that already exist and are active.

Its not possible for you to not make that observation.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Are you a moderator? If not, leave things like that to them.

BTW, it's hardly just you and way more than "this particular time".
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    lucasjacksonlucasjackson Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This thread is awesome, it almost implies that Cryptic was just scrounging for reasons to beg OP to come back
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This thread is awesome, it almost implies that Cryptic was just scrounging for reasons to beg OP to come back

The OP does believe they are that important. As if Champions can sink or swim more with or without them. :rolleyes:
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So they attempted to fix the costumes, made a patch and less than 24 after the patch you decide to leave CO?

Give them time..

If you leave just leave, I've left a lot of times and always come back eventually., by now i dont even mention anything upon my departure.. i just do it.

Play some other game in the mean time, it's probably worth more time there than CO right now.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    gradii sees my powers of prognostication:

*slow clap* I needed a laugh and someone to feel sorry for. now I have both.

I DID warn you. :tongue:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hahahhAHAHAHA

there was nothing wrong with any of my characters :smile:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You shouldn't ask questions like that.

:rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lilsteffie wrote: »

If you leave just leave, I've left a lot of times and always come back eventually., by now i dont even mention anything upon my departure.. i just do it.

Play some other game in the mean time

^^^^^^^^ +1

Or are we meant to believe that the devs don't fix things until certain players threaten to leave?
    Or are we meant to believe that the devs start fixing things when certain players threaten to leave?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    flyingfinn adopts new signals:

You shouldn't ask questions like that.

:rolleyes:

And don't think the irony of telling people not to tell people how to post is lost on me! :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ugh... okay that's a pretty bad bug, there.

And it's not just happening on tights with skin. It's happening on many if not most skintight options.

Basically - any detail that should be raised ABOVE the level of the skin in order to help define a piece is now sunk INTO the skin as an indentation.

This image is a good close detail of the problem - look where the arrow is pointed. That indented section should be a raised section instead. (Oddly the part around the breasts is unaffected and still looks raised)

unsRIFo.png

Most of my female toons have alt costumes that I can switch to in order to avoid the worst of this. But it is pretty annoying.

I do think the OP is overreacting just a bit. But I suppose it depends on just how invested you are in a particular character's look.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Here's a more subtle example of the problem. I almost didn't see this, but upon closer examination... yeah, it's there.

Here's an image I took a few days ago before the patch.

fTWenBO.png

And just now - going back to the exact same location and angle, here's the same character exhibiting the glitch.

y6Hg8oY.png

If you're not sure - bring up the two images in your viewer program and "flip" them back and forth and it will become obvious where the problem is.

Really would appreciate a prompt response on this issue Cryptic. It's not as much of a game-breaker for me as it obviously is for the OP, but it's definitely a real problem.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I do love how you keep trying. It's the gift that keeps on giving watching you try to justify yourself.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Breaking news: Gradii has the clap and feels sorry for himself because of it.

Protect yourself at all times.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Scum like you definitely help make me not want to play also.

Glad to help out the playerbase:biggrin:

Oh.....and nice work on that sense of humour:wink:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015

<image removed for reasons>
    Dude. You might want to rethink your choice of pictures there. It, ah, can be interpreted in an unfortunate way. (At least, I sincerely hope that the unfortunate interpretation wasn't what you intended.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ugh... okay that's a pretty bad bug, there.

And it's not just happening on tights with skin. It's happening on many if not most skintight options.

Basically - any detail that should be raised ABOVE the level of the skin in order to help define a piece is now sunk INTO the skin as an indentation.

This image is a good close detail of the problem - look where the arrow is pointed. That indented section should be a raised section instead. (Oddly the part around the breasts is unaffected and still looks raised)

unsRIFo.png

Most of my female toons have alt costumes that I can switch to in order to avoid the worst of this. But it is pretty annoying.

I do think the OP is overreacting just a bit. But I suppose it depends on just how invested you are in a particular character's look.

I think thats been problem on those 'bumpmapped' tights since they were released. Same with the masks.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Dude. You might want to rethink your choice of pictures there. It, ah, can be interpreted in an unfortunate way. (At least, I sincerely hope that the unfortunate interpretation wasn't what you intended.)

I see what you are getting at jon, but my choice of image wasn't intended in any more than an innocent, jokey way. I'll take the image out anyway. Just in case.

Cheers for the heads up.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can we all just chill for a second here?

Every thread, literally every thread on the forums recently has turned into some really salty arguments, i get sick and tired of it and frankly it makes me not want to post on the forums at all to those being overly critical and some just plain aggressive.

No offence to those doing right..

It's up to Gradii what he wants to do, if he wants to leave he may do so, bashing on him isnt going to improve the situation as is. I'd say the thread is a tad bit unecessary but again.. his choice.

Leave if you will but if you do come back there is always a seat reserved for you. Take a break for a while, hopefully they come in with a patch for a major fix.

Go play another game for a bit if this seems to be ruining your experience.. its okay to take a break.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm sorry that you're either blind or use no textures in your costumes.

how can I *NOT* use textures in my costumes?

Point out the problems with pictures, I see nothing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Palli, Logan already did, as seen here.

unsRIFo.png
    The issue doesn't faze me, because my female toons don't use bumpmapped tights (Electrocutie has the Lightning design on full-body tights, and Patchwork is mostly armor), but I can see where it'd be an issue for someone who's carefully constructed a particular look, only to see it ruined as above.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    how can I *NOT* use textures in my costumes?

Point out the problems with pictures, I see nothing.

People already have in a number of threads now, from a single picture with the problem circled or pointed out to multiple pictures showing multiple examples of the screw up along with examples of the same tights before the bug.

If you can't see the difference in game then turn up your graphics, if you can't see the difference here in the forums from the screen shots then make an appointment with an eye doctor.

~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I think thats been problem on those 'bumpmapped' tights since they were released. Same with the masks.

Actually I don't think so. This is the first time I've seen this problem. And the other set of pictures I posted should prove that it just occurred in the last few days as well. I did a comparison there with a screenshot I just took days ago where the problem with the bump-mapping had not yet occurred compared with a nearly identical shot taken just today where the problem exists.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Protect yourself at all times.

I laughed so hard at this

You win the Internet today. You may retire.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    Gradii's overreacting aside, if I'll facepalm any harder I'll end lobotomising myself.

How this bug could even happen is beyond me.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    There are plenty of threads on this topic already, and this one isn't going anywhere good. Closing.
This discussion has been closed.