test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tailor 2.0

ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Suggestions Box
I consider myself one of those hardcore tailor-ers and every time I am in the tailor I am always saying, "oh if only they had..." or "if this was available I could..." Seeing how Cryptic has been doing such an awesome job lately, I thought I would show my idea and if they happen to pick it up, FANTASTIC! My idea would consist of two new modes and two new tabs, also a color wheel and a scrollbar which I'll add later down the road. A lot of people have said how cluttered the tailor is but also a lot of people love the invisible heads and costume clippings. So I figured out a way that we can please both parties.

Basic & Advanced and two new Tabs: Skin and Emblem

BASIC: This will be your standard tailoring experience. Items that make sense in certain groups will be there and no random pieces that don't make sense. What my idea would consist of is pulling all items and putting them into one category (even beastial heads).
277dce0d-9032-47be-a9ab-edf7aad9b8d6.jpg
ADVANCED: This is where the tailor will shine. You will have a choice of 10 layers per tab to pick from. Any 10 items that are listed in that tab will be available for you to add. Do you want 10 beards? Do you want a human head with Qularr eyes and a avian beak? All things will be possible! This section will be the tailor-ers dream. Now I know some of you clipping artist are worried about characters switching over to the new tailor, with the advanced feature anything you have on that doesn't fit the correct group will auto-fill in the advanced section. So if done right, no costumes will be altered. But I do expect people to want to alter their looks now, especially with the new SKIN and EMBLEM

SKIN TAB

No longer will you have to worry about wearing a t-shirt and losing your skin type. Skin will be the typical cat skin all the way to rock skin. If it is a skin option, it will be in here. Nothing relating to clothing material.

Skin type:

• Costume Piece: This section will be for all of the skin from head to toe. This section will have very few pieces as it will be the basic skins like crackle and etc.
• Material: GLOW SKIN!! glow me, glow you, glow for everyone! Also normal and metal & GLOW!
• Pattern: Tiger skin, rock skin, gator skins. Basically this section would be divide between costume piece and pattern.
• Diffuse: the normal hair options, legs included.
• Details: I was torn on adding this section to skin but I figured some people might like to have a scale texture on their body.

be0ef125-3901-4e1e-8c29-d151b49b67cd.jpg

Face: I have shortened some list and add more. Like all zombie type heads are under zombie same for skull and monsterous. Selecting this group would open another available option for a head.

• Costume Piece: All the heads in the entire game. Ranging from Normal - Qularr
• Material: cloth, leather, metal and glow options
• Pattern: This option is seperate from the full body patterns but would devote more to the make-up and emo black paints of the tailor.
• Details: All the nornal facial designs
• Diffuse: the normal stubbles and etc

facesection_edited-1.jpg

Hairstyle:

• Costume Piece: Nothing too special about this section all the hairstyle, including anything from any other section like the avian hair as well.
• Material: cloth, leather, metal and glow options.

Eyes: (left and right options)

• Costume piece: The typical eyes (left and right options) I don't think there are any special eyes in any other costume set.

Eyebrow: (left and right options)
• Costume piece: Unchanged. Except left and right options

Facial Hair:

• Costume piece: The normal facial hairs, all in this section. No more mouth accessories only.

Tattoo/Bodypaint:

• Costume piece: This section would need mulitple sections to allow head/upper/lower body pieces. But this would have all the paint skins and and tattoos
1. Head tattoos/paint
2. Upper tattoos/paint
3. Lower tattoos/paint
• Material: cloth, leather, metal and glow options

Here is a example of the possible looks you can make in Skin (except the mask which would be in another tab)
ef2b4cb5-12f3-4fbe-a13f-05c881d8b254.jpg
I will be adding more so please give me your comments and ideas and I try to add them in, if possible.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014
    placeholder For More To Come!!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    place Holder For More To Come
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    placeholder For More To Come!!!!!
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This would be great ! There is a technical problem to it though. Costume pieces are handled as "geos" that go in a special slot. 10 pieces per category would mean 10 times more slots, which would make the character models harder to handle and render for the engine. We would have to see how it goes.. 2 pieces per category would be a good start.
    Yes to everything else ! They could even monetize super tailor ! I mean, it would be okay to pay 1000 zen to use this. Or even more, heh, it'd be some top tier thing. It don't think they'd produce so much work for free, hehe. What I wouldn't like is the implementation of 300 zen super tailor tokens, but if it allows us to do what we want.. I'll take it. More money for the game is good for all of us !
    Keep going !

.. yeah !

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Someone made a tailor with no restrictions before and was easier to use. Cryptic didn't want it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    This would be great ! There is a technical problem to it though. Costume pieces are handled as "geos" that go in a special slot. 10 pieces per category would mean 10 times more slots, which would make the character models harder to handle and render for the engine. We would have to see how it goes.. 2 pieces per category would be a good start.
    Yes to everything else ! They could even monetize super tailor ! I mean, it would be okay to pay 1000 zen to use this. Or even more, heh, it'd be some top tier thing. It don't think they'd produce so much work for free, hehe. What I wouldn't like is the implementation of 300 zen super tailor tokens, but if it allows us to do what we want.. I'll take it. More money for the game is good for all of us !
    Keep going !

.. yeah !
    Ÿah you are probably right that 10 would be overkill. No more than 5 should be fine, considering that my idea would open up more features anyways. The only thing I was worried about is losing pre-existing combination.
  • Options
    exodawnexodawn Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well your Idea is awesome.
    I would really like to have oiled skin on every costume piece i choose.

Anyway...I dont think they would add an colour wheel.
    Do you know what happens if you change a image from say 16bit to 32bit? The image becomes bigger.

Now Imagine you would do this to an online game. Every costume piece could have an individual color. How many colours do we have now? maybe 20?Maybe more.

Change those ~20 colours to several milion. The Game Engine couldn't handle it and it would be hard on the servers. Same goes for these 10 layers.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Someone made a tailor with no restrictions before and was easier to use. Cryptic didn't want it.

The key here is that they could use it to make money ! Well at least, from my point of view, it is. It isn't hard to make, and lots LOTS of people will use it. It could include questionite tailor costs, or special tokens as I mentioned above. It works and makes everyone happy. What's not to love ? Cryptic, what's not to love ?

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Whats not to love is that sometimes when i leave the tailor my character looks different than inside the tailor.
    Effectively wasted tokens/questionite whatever.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    exodawn wrote: »
    Whats not to love is that sometimes when i leave the tailor my character looks different than inside the tailor.
    Effectively wasted tokens/questionite whatever.

In what way is your character "different"? If you give us some actual details then perhaps we can help you.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    in the tailor in STO, you have the ability to see your character in several of the main lighting conditions available in the game - this would be a great addition to our tailor 2.0.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am liking this suggestion! :smile:
    It seems that it would allow us to use Hairstyle on Bestial and Monster heads without stupid Limitation!

KEEP GOING!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Added two more screenshots 1.) just a rough idea of how the Advanced option would look and 2. a idea of what combination you could make.

ef2b4cb5-12f3-4fbe-a13f-05c881d8b254.jpg

Just gonna point out the middle picture.

It currently has:

a partial mask, 3 different beards, stubble, tiger skin pattern and the facial details. It looks simple but sadly we do not have this option. I hate using partial masks because everyone looks like little baby faced heroes....I WANT TO PLAY AS A MAN! hehe
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This idea is great! Although, it could be nice if each individual costume part have their own scale meter. That way we can scale the size of each costume part however we want. Because seriously though, some shoulder pads don't scale well with other body types.

Also, it won't hurt to make a enable/disable aura preview in the tailor too. :D
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    This idea is great! Although, it could be nice if each individual costume part have their own scale meter. That way we can scale the size of each costume part however we want. Because seriously though, some shoulder pads don't scale well with other body types.

Also, it won't hurt to make a enable/disable aura preview in the tailor too. :D

that is a very good idea. Could add a scale tab for each section, nothing too extreme just like how the tail is but for different sections (beards,hair, shoulders...not sure about bracers). I might try to work that in.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In what way is your character "different"? If you give us some actual details then perhaps we can help you.

The Lighting is different.
    The tailor has (imo) perfect lighting conditions.
    Then i leave the tailor and I see my character in MC for example. Whoom,it looks totally different because the colors suddenly are too dark.For people like me who rp in CC thats a no-go.

Everywhere your character looks like he's wearing leather and in cc it suddenly looks like he's wearing cloth and the colors dont look that good anymore.

Also I sometimes ask people to tell me what my costume looks like. This means i often enter the tailor, change something about my costume and then discuss the change, enter the tailor again, change something again and so on... this would be too expensive
  • Options
    rior88rior88 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Id like to see an option in the Tailor to change the size of different body parts individually, for example making the right hand of the character bigger but leaving the left one as is.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hate using partial masks because everyone looks like little baby faced heroes....I WANT TO PLAY AS A MAN!

Hear hear!
    (but i still use them, because Partial Masks are awesome with Tights)
    Something in the line of Firewing's mask would be the easiest way of Manly Masks. Or make the Partial Masks like Lucha ones.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just stumbled across this from the link in your Sig. This is the greatest suggestion ever! Sadly, I don't see it ever happening, but I still want it!
  • Options
    viivsyn2viivsyn2 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i like this idea :P i'd like to see the tailor have alittle more complexity to it

for instance:

1. i'd like to see the use of muiltple parts in one area, such as.. two chest, shoulder, leg accessories, head accessories, ETC pieces (who cares if they mesh, tons of things already do) we could make new looking pieces of costume pieces by combinding two already existing

2. open up parts to work together more often, like for example as it is right now if you want to use the viper belt you can't have a jacket or pants.. which causes my viper character to forcibly wear skinny jeans when shes in her casual wear.. i'd like to have the option to use said parts with parts we normally cannot

3. this one i highly doubt would ever happen but i'ma say it anywayz, treat auras like costume packs.. if i buy an aura pack i want to be able to use one of the auras on multiple characters and have more color options for it.. reason why? because sometimes the aura is relative to the costume weared and sometimes it is not, also its the reason i havn't bought any aura packs because i don't wanna buy it more then once(i have alot of characters), also this entry is related to entry 1 in the sense of applying multiple of the same type so we can combind things

4. add new material types to old pieces like shoulders, chest, hair, accessories, etc

5. more sliders such as, hair length, waist (change current waist to hip and butt), stomach, some others i can't remember off the top of my head
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also , allow us to have one long glove and one short glove instead of having both at one time

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I really need to update this, I just lost the motivation at one point.
    viivsyn2 wrote: »
    i like this idea :P i'd like to see the tailor have alittle more complexity to it

for instance:

1. i'd like to see the use of muiltple parts in one area, such as.. two chest, shoulder, leg accessories, head accessories, ETC pieces (who cares if they mesh, tons of things already do) we could make new looking pieces of costume pieces by combinding two already existing

This is actually the concept of the advanced options. You would have a set amount of free spots per section. So...wear 5 chest pieces if that tickles you in that fancy area.

2. open up parts to work together more often, like for example as it is right now if you want to use the viper belt you can't have a jacket or pants.. which causes my viper character to forcibly wear skinny jeans when shes in her casual wear.. i'd like to have the option to use said parts with parts we normally cannot

Same as above. This idea would open up all pieces, regardless if they look well together.

3. this one i highly doubt would ever happen but i'ma say it anywayz, treat auras like costume packs.. if i buy an aura pack i want to be able to use one of the auras on multiple characters and have more color options for it.. reason why? because sometimes the aura is relative to the costume weared and sometimes it is not, also its the reason i havn't bought any aura packs because i don't wanna buy it more then once(i have alot of characters), also this entry is related to entry 1 in the sense of applying multiple of the same type so we can combind things

4. add new material types to old pieces like shoulders, chest, hair, accessories, etc

This would be a great idea...but the time it would take probably isn't worth it. Now..going forward this should be used more.

5. more sliders such as, hair length, waist (change current waist to hip and butt), stomach, some others i can't remember off the top of my head

This was something I was actually going to try, I think someone mentioned it in a previous post. But just haven't gotten around to a idea yet. I believe maybe an addition silder option on certain piece. I think they need to take some pointer from like the WWE games, especially with emblem placement and adjustments

[
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    /sighned (again possibly) Bump bump bump
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    /sighned (again possibly) Bump bump bump

Why you summon zombies.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I would love to be able to combine facial hair and such. Really all of the suggestions here have all been good. Especially the sliders and separate pieces to resize. Sadly i doubt CO could handle that, but it would be awesome. I would even pay extra to unlock it.

You could call it the Tailor expansion set!

#Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Must have, this is brilliant, the possibilities are endless