test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20141212.11 PTS Update

radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PTS - The Archive
This build will be available on PTS around 11am today, 2/11/2015.

Notes for earlier builds can be found here:
FC.31.20141212.10 PTS Update

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.11:

Preview:
  • The upcoming Scoundrel's Lockbox is available for preview on the Debugger store.
  • Bugfixes to the Scientist set, also available on the Debugger.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by radioscience on

Comments

• radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Known Issues:

• Cosmic Keys of Power are not available in the Debugger shop. This was an oversight. They'll be available in the next PTS update.
    • Engine effects for the Tigris Interceptor are comically incorrect.
    • The Scoundrel's long coat has some stretching and cloth-weight problems.

We know about these things, and we're working to correct them. Thanks for your understanding.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: Was unable to exit the Tigris Interceptor until I unequiped the vehicle.

Happened only once though.

And the following is the new lockbox costume set.

Scoundrel%20Set_zpsyvzak9wj.png

And the new vehicle:

Tigris_zpsysq4jf2c.png

Couldn't get a good pic of the handgun, but it is a large gun.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    New vehicle is pretty. Just pretty.

Now it needs a black repaint version.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: The flame from the new vec only comes out of one of the engines, AT the wrong angel

n4S7Gyi.jpg
    kinda a make or break thign about the vec...you really wanna see about getting this fixed
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    soulforger wrote: »
    Tigris_zpsysq4jf2c.png

Nice Starfury. Does it come with the matching chest insignia?

PTB5SF.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited February 2015
    notyuu wrote: »
    Bug: The flame from the new vec only comes out of one of the engines, AT the wrong angel

kinda a make or break thign about the vec...you really wanna see about getting this fixed

Thanks. Please see post #2.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Were all the issues with and suggestions for the last costume set (scientist one) resolved?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So the Tigris vehicle looks like a Babylon 5 Star Fury?

Not sure if I want to groan, scold, or applaud.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *eyebrow raise*

Seriously guys? I mean, I like a good homage as much as the next guy but isn't this a bit...blatent?

Edit: Labcoats do look much shinier though. Got some stains on them now. I'd rather stained as sepperate pattern...but whatever, right?
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Were all the issues with and suggestions for the last costume set (scientist one) resolved?

Actually, they added a pattern with splatters on the coat. So at least one suggestion was used.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually, they added a pattern with splatters on the coat. So at least one suggestion was used.

Any changes for the lens on the glasses?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wasn't expecting this costume to be a lockbox one. I'm hoping that there will at least be some kind of content themed with it.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, the last few times:

Awesome Pharaoh Costume set: Gamble Box.

Awesome Krampus Costume set: Gamble Box.

Awesome Skeleton Costume set: Gamble Box.

Awesome Scoundrel Costume set: Gamble Box.

Mediocre Anime and Scientist costume: C-store

After this, if there's the same disparity between the 'gamble' and the 'purchase' I'm calling it a trend.

Just my personal opinion, based on my personal taste.
    edited February 2015
    BUG (I Hope): Scoundrel jacket and Coat are not available in general-use categories such as tights and skin, unlike nearly every other coat or piece of chest wear of late.

Please make that possible?

I think a fix for that just went in a few minutes ago, actually. Thanks for the bug report!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think a fix for that just went in a few minutes ago, actually. Thanks for the bug report!

We gonna see this tomorrow?

EDIT: Just tinkered with this set.

Eyepiece and mouthpiece are okay. Not my style, but not a bad design. I'm sure some folks will come up with some interesting things. Personally, the eyepiece could have been better if it wasn't a box planted against your forehead, and was some other kind of visor/goggles. Mouthpiece is kind of Vader-ish.

Coat's pretty slick, I like the tails of it. Still wish you would simply make 'coat tails' as an independent tail piece thing without using the coat at all.

Pants are pretty awesome, actually. Kind of exactly what I wanted, my main reason for wanting this.

The holsters are cool, but unless you use the matching belt- you've got straps attached to your junk. Seriously.

The boots are kinda 'meh', as are the gloves. They don't seem to match this set and would have made more sense in another set.

Jacket is kind of plain and boring. But, I'm sure something can happen with it.

The gun is... colossal. I like the lack of 'shinyness' it seems to have compared to others. About time we got a new pistol.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I haven't seen the movie this Scoundrel costume is apparently based on - but is the coattail supposed to stretch out like that when you move? It's like you're wearing Reed Richards on your back when you move.

Also, I would have loved to check the drop rates on the box, but when I try to buy keys from the Debugger, it says that no boxes are being tested on PTS right now.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To be honest, i thought this was more of a star wars homage. Scoundrel lock box, han solo gun harness, bad x-wing. Give him an overly sized hat, and i would think they pulled this from the old republic's unused file.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug (I think) The Scoundral Pistol only unlocks on Munitions powers but not on the Sonic Blaster or Particle Blaster pistol powers...

Also if not a bug, but is intended, does that mean we might see some more single pistol muntions powers soon?
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Omg!

The scoundrel mask and the ship look awesome!!!

Just when I was about to make my Starguard Quinn costume ^^

But I doubt I will be spending much time in game anymore. Smashes are mostly inactive when I am on :(

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    The plane can be always advertised as a "genuine high-tech design of a cropped delta cantivelered sesquiplane in a dihedral-anhedral wings configuration"...

Ok... Maybe it is a bit too similar looking, but it's a cool plane anyway.
    It's more rounded and sleek, and has smaller engines with more prominent wings than a Babylon 5 fighter. Also, it has no prominent pilot compartment in front of a fuselage and engines are located close to a mid-lenght of a wing. Starfury's wings are little more than an engine pylons with elongated intakes following their entire leading edge.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Great, but did they actually fix the terrible clipping with the lab coat?

I really don't think we should be moving on to testing another set until the previous one is sorted.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are people wanting vehicles much since the downgrade in capabilities? Before that the only 2 places they were really useful on a regular basis (not counting special events like Takofanes, Clarence and Mechanon) were SC and LI. Before half or more of the people in those events had vehicles. Now a days it seems like I usually only see a couple at a time.

Since vehicles were one of the driving forces behind cosmic key sales I wonder if those sales have been hurt now? Maybe they are hoping that better costumes sets will pick up the interest now that vehicles aren't so useful anymore? Or will they revisit vehicles to really bring them up to par with heroes in an effort to boost sales?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited February 2015
    Yes, some of us still want vehicles, if they look good enough. My character has powers; I just use vehicles as a cool way to get around, and sometimes I have to use weapons to clear a hot LZ.

The old hoverbikes and tanks I gave a pass to; I got a Broadhead bike from the AH for my character Broadhead, I got a Fire Ant as a gift, and I won a Lemurian Tank when the Lemurian Invasion first premiered, but other than that I wasn't terribly interested. The new rides though, the Millennium Spirit, Bison, and this new one? I like. Haven't gotten one yet, because while my resolve is weakening I still haven't started on lockboxes and the prices are quite high in the AH, but somehow I'll wind up with one of them...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh, I'm sure some people still collect them as eye candy. I wonder if sales would be better if vehicles were only in every other lockbox and costumes/emotes/weapon skins/new powers and so on were in the non-vehicles lockboxes? I have enough vehicles to swap among characters if I ever feel an overwhelming need to use one, but you can never have too many outfits :biggrin:
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yes, some of us still want vehicles, if they look good enough. My character has powers; I just use vehicles as a cool way to get around, and sometimes I have to use weapons to clear a hot LZ..
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited February 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Wait did I see the words scoundrel PISTOL? ok, I need this set now.
    It's a ludicrously-oversized pistol, too. It's cool.

• novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok. I am curious now.

Pictures of the pistol please!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • ectooneectoone Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am loving the totally not Star-Lord lockbox! The coat is my favourite part.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Those leg straps and boots are must-have for me.

Edit: Not sure if this counts as a bug, but the scientist parts don't seem to have a common name you can search for in the tailor. It's impossible to guess which pieces are unlocked.

Bug: The scoundrel leather jacket clips badly when viewed from behind on males, around the arm pit and tricep area.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Scroundel pistol is aboot same size as that "shotgun" anime pistol....
    And, YAH! like finally some pistol holsters. Noice.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So given its tremendous size, is there any chance we could get multi gun capability for the scoundrel pistol? Seems like it could be used for the pistol, shotgun, rifle, sniper rifle, energy rifle, etc.

Oh, and the Science! costume bits need a prefix for their parts for easy access. "Mad Scientist" Would work for me.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, the last few times:

Awesome Pharaoh Costume set: Gamble Box.

Awesome Krampus Costume set: Gamble Box.

Awesome Skeleton Costume set: Gamble Box.

Awesome Scoundrel Costume set: Gamble Box.

Mediocre Anime and Scientist costume: C-store

After this, if there's the same disparity between the 'gamble' and the 'purchase' I'm calling it a trend.

Just my personal opinion, based on my personal taste.
    ok Pharoah set- too much like the egyptian one already in game.
    awesome krampus set.
    awesome skeleton(well except the bracelets)
    blah scoundrel set.
    ok anime set
    meh scientist- again things ingame already.

yes personal opinion again

what's wrong with having a star fury, STO has the shadow fighters.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg