test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20140602.32/.33 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 7:20pm, 8/26/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140602.29
FC.31.20140602.28
FC.31.20140602.27

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.33:

Preview:

• The female Emblem Headphones no longer bounce!

• Knock-off water balloons can no longer be sold.

• Concertgoers aren't all up in the Gold Bonus Vendor's personal space.

• The UNTIL shuttle's color scheme has been adjusted.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.32:

Preview:

• The Reawakened Automaton has been disabled for this build. It will return to PTS later this week, along with the final part of Steel Crusade!

• September's Gold Bonus reward has been added to the Gold Bonus Vendor.

• The Cake/Sapphire Anniversary event has been enabled! New tiers of perks have been added for opening presents and throwing water balloons at people.

• The Crate of Regenerating Water Balloons has been added to the Debugger.

• The UNTIL Shuttle has been added to the Debugger.

Bug Fixes:

• Louisa Kohl's Brain had a section in the end room that had no sound and didn't display properly on the minimap. Fixed.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yay! New anniversary perks!

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Suggestion: Mark the water balloons that come out of the crates as unsellable, someone could pop a crate near a vendor and they and others can sell the (seemingly infinite, don't know if each has a set amount to dispense or if its as many as time allows) stacks repeatedly for ~24n a stack, which, if someone cared enough to abuse it either manually, or by a macro, could generate a decent amount of money illegitimately

also
    The emblems on the headphones flicker if ear size is set to nearly zero, maybe consider spacing them out from the headphones very slightly
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Love, love the headphones, Just wish we also had the Ability to wear then around the neck.

P.S. Would also love to see some more glitter stuff added. maybe a vest, skirt/ long dress, or helmet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hate to be *that guy*, but I have to grouse about the visuals on the "UNTIL shuttle".

It looks like just another clone of the mammoth line. Worse, it's a boring grey. No sex appeal at all.

If we can't customize these things, please make it blue and white, the UNTIL colors. And afix an UNTIL logo.

Immersion and the in-game fiction is important. Please give it some thought.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    [*]The Reawakened Automaton has been disabled for this build.

While you can't create one, if you have an automaton AT already on PTS, it still has the old powerset and doesn't force a respec. Does look like the powers have been pulled for FFs, though. Not sure it's worth doing anything about it if you're going to be putting up another version later this week.
    lordgar wrote:
    [*]New tiers of perks have been added for opening presents

It would help significantly if you put the presents on the Debugger. While it appears that you are simply reusing last year's present reward table (for the most part - the Until Shuttle, perhaps?), with 1 present per toon per day right now, it's impossible to bug check or provide any commentary.

If in fact you are reusing the old table, could you at least make some minor changes to some of the costume unlocks?

Was surprised not to see a new lockbox too.
    I have to grouse about the visuals on the "UNTIL shuttle".

You're not alone. They're awful - it's a grey mammoth as a Mark I Z-store special without the 10% bonus and without any other changes.

I know you folks are (hopefully!) busy on the Mechanon stuff, but the UNTIL coloring suggestion is a very good one.
  • ruprechtvandoom1ruprechtvandoom1 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Personally I think the UNTIL lVehicle doesn't look bad at all. Kind of a modernized UNTIL theme. Sure, an UNTIL sign would be nice I suppose.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Action Figure #134 Hologram Defender is labeled as "Heroes" instead of "Digital" like Hologram Sapphire is.

Still can't see 3/5 of the Eye Aura Pack 2 auras.

Unless this UNTIL vehicle is going to be a drop for the mission chain, put more effort into it. Stop filling up the Z Store with trash.

Its like you are hoping players will accidentally waste their Zen on a vehicle with awful stats. This will only discourage them from making purchases beyond that point. Unless you DO want players to come, waste their money on misdirection, then leave because the prices in this game are ridiculous.

I've seen it happened with your aura sets. Players buy the first, see that its not account wide and then never buy anything ever again.
  • ectooneectoone Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Love the headphones! But yes, can we have a neck wear version of them as well? That would be great.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug: Zstore Emblems and Perk Emblems not available on Headphones
    What: I presume (as my zstore emblems arent visible on pts) but like the City Defender set Urban Jacket, and the Sci Fi Soldier chest, purchased emblems and perk emblems are not available on emblem sections of these items. Given the zstore ones may be actual cash purchases they should always be available players.

Also there is an unusual "wobble" effect on the ear cuffs. Not sure if this was intended but looks a bit odd.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The UNTIL Shuttle has been added to the Debugger.

Make it the
    UNTIL Sky Carrier

3b8a4b1359ea092fb8e03af262ac94d51349487140.jpg
    and we have a deal.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, neck headphones plz. Headphones are 800% cooler when not on your ears.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's called Neckphones...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug: One of the the...uhm...entertainers is giving the gold vendor a lapdance. Not sure if thats appropriate in the Ren Center :P

Edit:

Tested the new stuff. I like the new headphones. Looks like they're safe from clipping issues, though as previously statesd in this thread, emblems are impossible to test on the PTS in its current state. Being able to use Zstore emblems with Everything would seem to be important. A neck version would also be awesome.

The UNTIL shuttle is very drab. I would tend to agree that is should have some light gray, and definitely an UNTIL symbol. Also...while you're in the market, could we get a matched VIPER shuttle? Thats the one I want. Green and gold, VIPER symbols, etc. Also, loadout for this particular shuttle looks unusually crappy.
    edited August 2014
    re the shuttle - if you do plan on leaving it the drab grey, how about furnishing it with some nice "holoforce" style overlays (which could be recolored as per exhausts and weapons using power tinting) plus a holo UNTIL logo floating over the front would be great.
  • aurasonic12aurasonic12 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug: when upgrading the shuttle to mark 2 you get the tsunami vehicle instead
    edited August 2014
    Wait, why is this thing a MK I? We've got MK II vehicles now. I think its fair to say that vehicles released from this point onward should also be MK II...
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We are currently updating PTS to FC.31.20140602.33.

Preview:

edited August 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    We are currently updating PTS to FC.31.20140602.33.

Preview:

The new shuttle looks alot better. Still not sure about it being a MK I, is it going to be free or something?
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This one missed the build kickoff. Fixed next build.
    Wait, why is this thing a MK I? We've got MK II vehicles now. I think its fair to say that vehicles released from this point onward should also be MK II...

Reasons.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the changes on the shuttle visuals.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    BUG: In Brain Freeze where if you aren't in the final area when you destroy the last machine the mission won't check off the "protect [...] thalamus" objective and the syringe will never appear.

On a brighter note: the shuttle looks good and I'm always down for more Anniversary Gift perks.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

edited August 2014
    tdits wrote: »
    BUG: In Brain Freeze where if you aren't in the final area when you destroy the last machine the mission won't check off the "protect [...] thalamus" objective and the syringe will never appear.

I checked with Gar about this. A couple of Steel Crusade bugfixes haven't hit PTS yet. We have a fix for this bug, but you haven't gotten it yet.
    edited August 2014
    any word on extending the available emblem list for the headphones, city defender urban jacket and sci fi chestwear to include the perk and cstore emblems?
    edited August 2014
    Reasons.

Those reasons are probably that it will be a drop somewhere in the game or will be added to the Z Store. Mark II vehicles are from lockboxes and the Drifter.
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It will obviously be bought with Steel Crusade tokens, duh !

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    edited August 2014
    So I looked into Eye Aura Pack 2's Sparkle, Streak and Sharp Eyes auras some more.

Bug: Sparkle, Streak and Sharp Eyes auras do not appear unless you set your "Visual fx quality" setting to "High" and THEN equip them. You can change your Visual fx quality after they appear and they will still be visible. They will be visible until you change zones.

Also you won't see them on others unless your Visual fx quality is on High before they put them on.

Why are these auras tied to the High setting? Fix these please so they are visible on all "Visual fx quality" levels.
  • ectooneectoone Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still any chance of a neck wear version of the headphones being added?
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why are these auras tied to the High setting? Fix these please so they are visible on all "Visual fx quality" levels.

Unfortunately, that might require not a change to the Auras themselves, but the entire graphical system. Which would be a lot harder than changing the Aura. Problem is, the Eye Auras are relatively small, coming from a relatively small emanation point and with a relatively light opacity (so they aren't seen through the back of your head). It might just be too small to 'fix' the issue without overhauling the entire graphical system of CO.

Anyway, if you can handle it, I'd recommend playing with high fx options, anyway. I usually play with High fx, and lower Shadows and Reflections to cut down on lag (among other tweaks, mess around with your advanced options some time!)
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    It will obviously be bought with Steel Crusade tokens, duh !

That...would make a lot of sense actually.

I'm cool with that.
  • bluarcherbluarcher Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In "project clockwork" SGT. Major Pari Naran is not showing up in the UNTIL HQ
    edited August 2014
    bluarcher wrote: »
    In "project clockwork" SGT. Major Pari Naran is not showing up in the UNTIL HQ

they already said pretty early on, that third part of mission wasnt available. so no NPC.
    edited August 2014
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that might require not a change to the Auras themselves, but the entire graphical system. Which would be a lot harder than changing the Aura. Problem is, the Eye Auras are relatively small, coming from a relatively small emanation point and with a relatively light opacity (so they aren't seen through the back of your head). It might just be too small to 'fix' the issue without overhauling the entire graphical system of CO.

Its definitely an issue that can be fixed as the auras aren't set to be visible on lower settings, at least not be activated unless on a higher setting first.

Its not an issue about overhauling the entire graphics engine, otherwise all auras would have this issue.
    edited August 2014
    ectoone wrote: »
    Still any chance of a neck wear version of the headphones being added?

It's a cool idea, but the schedule was too tight. The September Gold bonus becomes available on September 1.