test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character misconception

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dialamx wrote: »
    My account name is also the name of one of my heroes and what I primarily use for most accounts, Dialam.

There's a long, boring story behind it, it was just something that kind of stuck, and I just could never think of anything better. Everyone pronounces it as "Dial-am" but it's actually supposed to be pronounce "Dee-a-lom". The "Dia" part actually stems from "Diablo"

I have to say, I never look at your name as a misspelling of "Assassin". I always used to think it was a play on words. Given that you're a gun toting rat, I always thought the "Rata" part was a combined word play on "Rat" and the comic sound effect for machine guns "Rata tat tat". The "sassin" part being added to point out you're an assassin, with the first "S" purposefully left off to show the "Rata" word play.
    Funny you should say that, my status has always been: Rat a tat tat make all the punks scatter!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    But that goes without saying, god toons are boring.

Saying don't make a god isn't earning anything, its using common sense.

Being immortal with ultimate power smells a lot like "god" to me.

I never really got why people like to play ultra-powerful characters. If you were writing them into a book, they would be boring (see: Wolverine).

When I created Brigade, it was just some fun, new thing to do. When I started writing a story about him, it quickly made itself apparent that he was going to be like, super-unbeatable. In a nutshell, he's kinda like if Spider-Man could split himself up into a dozen versions of himself, each with a different, new power. So I had to start putting limits on his power so that he would never be able to split up into so many different versions, and have stress and fatigue heavily impact his ability to split. I tuned him down so he can't reach that level of power, instead of making excuses for why he should be allowed to be so powerful.

I don't know why people like to have the "can't be killed" and "ultimate power" gimmicks. Your character ain't gonna die. You're in control of that. Don't RP with demongods and you won't have to tack on those gimmicks. I personally find the characters that are most grounded in reality (as much as you can have in a superhero setting), with real fears and problems and the like, to be the most interesting. Hell, for most of my characters, the concepts don't go much farther than "big strong dumb guy".

I don't RP, I'm just looking at this from a "writer" perspective. It seems to me that the people who need to make ultra-powerful characters are afraid of their own characters being overpowered by others. But who is going to do that to you? Who is going to ruin your stories? Bad RPers who force that stuff on you. Avoid those.

I do have respect for the people who take the time to carve out every detail of their characters, that takes some dedication and commitment. But when I read about his ultra-powerful some of them are, I often don't find them to be ones is want to read about. Unless they're a villain.
    biffsig.jpg
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Never did unkillable characters.

I did a whole lot of "won't stay dead" ones, though. Either because they were machines with backups, or they had resurrection powers.

I like lampshading CO respawn mechanics in character. :biggrin:
    edited August 2014

I like lampshading CO respawn mechanics in character. :biggrin:

Haha. My characters just uh... forgot they died. Because they're so dumb. :tongue:
    biffsig.jpg
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The way I look at "gods" in this game can be best summed up by a line of dialog in one of my villain's backstories. As he stood over the battered body of a deity, he looked down and said

"When mere mortals can wield powers greater than gods, where does that leave the gods?"
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Haha. My characters just uh... forgot they died. Because they're so dumb. :tongue:
    Are you sure those aren't from Toon? (A wonderful cartoon RPG in which it's quite possible for a character to walk off of one cliff and through empty air to the next, because he was too stupid to realize he was supposed to fall.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Are you sure those aren't from Toon? (A wonderful cartoon RPG in which it's quite possible for a character to walk off of one cliff and through empty air to the next, because he was too stupid to realize he was supposed to fall.)

Dude, I loved that game.
    biffsig.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    a friend has a D&D character with a percentage chance to miss the ground when falling, all they need to do is get distracted and they forget to hit the ground.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    a friend has a D&D character with a percentage chance to miss the ground when falling, all they need to do is get distracted and they forget to hit the ground.

Reminds me of a story I found on 4chan about a guy whose dwarf was so stubborn that he once defied gravity...

http://i.imgur.com/XdiZawC.jpg
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My character's name is Catmander Claw and people think I mis-spelt "Catman" as "Catmander"

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    People pronounce my name like this:

Ca-liga.

It's supposed to be pronounced:

Cal-iga ( Ka-lehguh )

Thank you.

I once called you Caligula in zone chat, and many, many, people pm'd me the correct spelling within a few seconds.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I call him "Shoe" as a caliga is a type of sandal worn by ancient Roman soldiers.
  • timmo1988timmo1988 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Big Bad Kitty is a neko alien from outerspace that got flung back in time, found one of Death's scythes and is now a wielder of shadow magic and necromancy. He is my main and the one I play on the most (recently remade him so his level is 38 anymore).

He is NOT a slutty catgirl looking for eRP.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so let met get this right, they can't tell a male character from a female.

similar
    Big Kitty Demon is a Big, cat , demon.
    she is not friendly.
    No she is not interested in sex with you
    Killing you , maybe.
    Costume_CloudsatDawn_Chance_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_379309908_zps56fee9af.jpg
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• icefyer2icefyer2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For some reason whenever I walk around with my D&D Kobold Cleric-based character, people always assume he's just a midget version of the crocodiles in Vibora Bay. So the fact he's a semi-dark-but-not-quite-red pink didn't catch them as odd? Do they even read the bio I spent several minutes typing? As an side note I love some of the Celestial powers.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Mercenary" or "Antihero". No. Armiger is a pragmatic hero. He doesn't operate like a normal caped hero or vigilante. He's actually a pretty compassionate guy, and he's willing to do a lot for innocent people.

"Cold blooded killer". No. He actually has killed and will kill in certain situations, but it does bother him. Just like it would any Soldier.

"Power Armor". Nope, cybernetic exoskeleton. Actually part of his body.

"Hates heroes". Nope, he hates people who think the genetic super power lottery places them above the law. And somehow, this opinion has warranted physical assault against him.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not really, I either get some rare comment on appearance, Main Skills/Powers/Summery are mentioned in Info of said characters I represent, as for Backgrounds, well I've mentioned them in a link that goes to my profile page and anything further would have to be explained, other then that people have lil interest in my 'Characters' or if they do they don't say anything.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a toon named Nike. I regularly get PMed with, 'LOL y u name ur toon aftr a shoe????"

For the record, my toon isn't supposed to be the goddess from Greek myth. I avoid playing gods. I just thought it was a good name for a super hero that refuses to give up.
    edited September 2014
    "Hates heroes". Nope, he hates people who think the genetic super power lottery places them above the law. And somehow, this opinion has warranted physical assault against him.

One of my toons regularly comments on that kind of behavior. After being repeatedly threatened with immolation by a self proclaimed hero because she once commented that they might have a crush on someone else she's become firmly convinced that having super powers induces mental instability.
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Nightmare continually gets asked about "Soul Edge".. whatever that is.
    Second most popular is some strange idea that the Nightmare is a demon. MADNESS, I TELL YOU!
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
    edited September 2014
    arimikami wrote: »
    I have a toon named Nike. I regularly get PMed with, 'LOL y u name ur toon aftr a shoe????"

For the record, my toon isn't supposed to be the goddess from Greek myth. I avoid playing gods. I just thought it was a good name for a super hero that refuses to give up.

Wouldn't that be a great concept or at least funny if you had a sponsored super hero.

Citizen: SOMEONE!! HELP!! I'M FALLING!!

The Brand: Never fear!! I am here to save the day, glad I had KFC's° three piece chicken tenders for only $4.99, keeps me super nourished. Now let me lace my Jordan's° and put on my new Oakley's° before I leap into action while I listen to my own theme song by The Black Eye Peas on Apple's° new iPod°

By-stander: ...too later, she fell.

The Brand: .......#mybad #hallmarkcards

By-stander: ...I hate you.
    edited September 2014
    Wouldn't that be a great concept or at least funny if you had a sponsored super hero.

Citizen: SOMEONE!! HELP!! I'M FALLING!!

The Brand: Never fear!! I am here to save the day, glad I had KFC's° three piece chicken tenders for only $4.99, keeps me super nourished. Now let me lace my Jordan's° and put on my new Oakley's° before I leap into action while I listen to my own theme song by The Black Eye Peas on Apple's° new iPod°

By-stander: ...too later, she fell.

The Brand: .......#mybad #hallmarkcards

By-stander: ...I hate you.

I am so tempted to do this now.
    edited September 2014
    I just remembered another one. I have a character that's from the paleolithic era They're around 5'4". I have had multiple people PM me, criticizing me and saying that my character is too large for someone that old. Now, here's the thing, I've actually done the research and looked into things like fossil records of ancient humans. Paleolithic man was bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter than modern man. My character isn't too big for someone from that time period, they're runty.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Nightmare continually gets asked about "Soul Edge".. whatever that is.
    Second most popular is some strange idea that the Nightmare is a demon. MADNESS, I TELL YOU!
    BTW, Astaroth said to tell you he wants his set of infernal chains back.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited September 2014

Too bad it's not the original Astaroth, that would be badass.
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited September 2014

The Nightmare doesn't even USE Chains!
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sure is a snowy day today.
    edited September 2014
    The Nightmare doesn't even USE Chains!
    Ok, that was hilarious. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    People seem to think Nepht can give two &^%£s. This is not the case.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited September 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    People seem to think Nepht can give two &^%£s. This is not the case.

It's because she is constipated!
    edited September 2014
    It's because she is constipated!
    I thought it was due to having a mummified digestive tract.... :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, yeah, that'll give you a heck of a case of constipation...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited September 2014

Guess we know what she is wrapped up in....see, this thread is insightful!
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    She can! she thinks that the burning victim, forever doomed to burn and not die is funny! obviously she wants him to be that way.

He is usefull for toasting marshmallows on.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sekimen wrote: »
    "Red Soviet Damage" instead of "Real Soviet Damage".

I always thought it stood for "Royal Soviet Damage" and you were granted the patronage of the King of Spain. :wink:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • bludskarrbludskarr Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hologram doesn't look anything like Green Lantern. None of his costumes. And yet people are always trying to give me advice on how to make him look like Green Lantern. I guess because his telekinetic powers are green colored?

(RP) He uses advanced holographic technology to create semi-real swords and lances as well as tractor beams and anti gravity generators to fight crime. No cosmic rings or space police or anything like that.

New effects for old powers

More EXP for Adventure Packs please.
    edited September 2014
    sekimen wrote: »
    "Red Soviet Damage" instead of "Real Soviet Damage".

Good to see you back ...and he not really a bear.... hes a Unicorn in disguise >_>
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,129 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OH BOY! where to begin with?
    • Lurrakuma: She is a Noble Female Demon who belongs in a Lineage of Demon who protect Kings, Queens, Prince(sess)
      ♦ People think she is either a Succubus or a Vampire and try to Hit on her...

• Zenji: A Troll-Rogue, Really WoW-ish inspired in appearance
      ♦ Your character wears a weird Dark-Purple/Brown Leather armor costume and shows his Midriff? YOU MUST BE A PVP-ER!! DUEL ME COWARD!
      ._.
      ♦ Mistaken for a Goblin (and my Goblin character is getting Mistaken for a Troll)

• Crescendo: A childhood fancharacter of mine, Based on the Medabots Anime! A Music-Sonic Themed Medabot
      ♦ Constantly Mistaken for Megaman-related character

• Milo: A little alien Gremlin who is a Powerhouse
      ♦ Is your characters related to the Bad Milo movie? WUT? EWWW NO!

♦ Funilly I don't get any Stitch Comment, despite the fact that this character was inspired from Dinsey's Alien Experiment
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited September 2014
    A misconception that I made by mistake but now have to clear up...

My Japanese toon is from China and my Chinese toon is from Japan.

It's really my fault...try and diversify my heroes, should just stick with Rats.
    edited October 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    OH BOY! where to begin with?
    BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!

Noel: One of my Most favorite characters and also one of my 4 Avatars, he is a Young Anthro Avian with Dark Blue and Light Green Feathers!
    He is 100% the Reason I need to go Lifetimer and get the Avian Warrior Pack!
    For now he is using the Raven Mask + Gas Mask combo for the Ilussion of a Beak
    1. He gets Mistaken for Shadowruin8's Super Penguin (this happened during a Costume Contest)
    2. He gets Mistaken for a Penguin or a Parrot (he is a SparrowCrow)
    3. He got Mistaken for a Creation called Skeksis from a movie called The Dark Crystal (never seen that movie)
    4. worst is the person said he looks like a Hobo... that REALLY hurt my feeling
    5. People think that he is just a Guy wearing a mask...

I need Avian Warrior pack ASAP
    He looks complety different on the Drawings

Rylan Revolt: My [Were]Bear, always in his Bear Form.
    Personality wise he is like Teddy from Persona 4 and American Dragon: Jake Long
    1. Volibear Comparison (despite Rylan is... Orange and Brown)
    2. Someone confused him for a Fox...? I don't know neither
    3. Unfunny Pedo Bear Jokes
    4. Seth MacFarlane's Bear characters comparison

Buzmun: a 243 cm / 8 feet tall Half Gorilla Half Yeti Hybrid Ice Shaman
    1. Monkey
    2. MonkeyMan
    3. Mankey

People get really Uncomortable when I say them that the Character is Mute and cannot talk ._.

Hermes: a Rich Cheetah Boy, specialized in Gadgets and Archery
    1. CHEETAHMEN JOKE *cure Remixes* (well to be honest he IS Inpired by Cheetahmen)
    2. KITTY
    3. You character doesn't look like a Greek God... that's because he isn't! Hermes is also a Boy's name in Greek, rare but it exist HECK even my Cousins' Dog was named Hermes
    spinnytop wrote: »
    People think my character is underage. u3u

Oh, not Kagami, she actually is 8. I mean my new character, Mikuru, she is 18 she is just really really short o3o

Didn't a person also Mistook one of your Characters for a Porn Star?
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Only October and the snowstorms are whipping up quite fiercely.
    edited October 2014
    Only October and the snowstorms are whipping up quite fiercely.

I have seen you posting on this thread, by being a Devious Annoyance and nothing more!
    What's your Problem?
    Special Snowflake Syndrome? The Game ALLOWS us to make Unique characters via the Costumization and DARN RIGHT we are gonna take advantage of it! And OF COUSE the characters are Unique for us because they are our Creations!

You just stepped inside a Blizzard by the Moment you posted on this Thread!
    Stop acting like a Smartass
    edited October 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    He got Mistaken for a Creation called Skeksis from a movie called The Dark Crystal (never seen that movie)

You really ought to. It's a pretty neat movie. Jim Henson, of course.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Another one here... Turando and The Iron Wolf are in fact the same person even though they're different characters. The Iron Wolf is just Turando in a suit of armor. This armor was designed to adapt to the environment, but during his test in space the helmet became damaged. The suit performed its duty and allowed its pilot to adapt to the environment, or lack thereof. Turando's own nanites also kept up with this adaptation and made it a permanent part of him. This will explain why Turando doesn't need to breathe under the water or in space using a suit. When he puts on this suit, his nanites will begin to take over, giving him durability and more analytic views at the cost of agility and personality. He thus designates himself as The Iron Wolf with this suit on.

Nanotech is OP, nuff said.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New one that's popped up, which caused me some rather hilarious Linda stalkage last night.

Lil Dead Riding Hood...

She popped up because I've got a serious love of old folklore. I think my little rant in that pied piper thread probably made that known. This story? The original version is DARK. There's no huntsman, nothing like that, those are modern creations. In the original? Well, read for yourself:
    Once upon a time there lived in a certain village a little country girl, the prettiest creature who was ever seen. Her mother was excessively fond of her; and her grandmother doted on her still more. This good woman had a little red riding hood made for her. It suited the girl so extremely well that everybody called her Little Red Riding Hood.

One day her mother, having made some cakes, said to her, "Go, my dear, and see how your grandmother is doing, for I hear she has been very ill. Take her a cake, and this little pot of butter."

Little Red Riding Hood set out immediately to go to her grandmother, who lived in another village.

As she was going through the wood, she met with a wolf, who had a very great mind to eat her up, but he dared not, because of some woodcutters working nearby in the forest. He asked her where she was going. The poor child, who did not know that it was dangerous to stay and talk to a wolf, said to him, "I am going to see my grandmother and carry her a cake and a little pot of butter from my mother."

"Does she live far off?" said the wolf

"Oh I say," answered Little Red Riding Hood; "it is beyond that mill you see there, at the first house in the village."

"Well," said the wolf, "and I'll go and see her too. I'll go this way and go you that, and we shall see who will be there first."

The wolf ran as fast as he could, taking the shortest path, and the little girl took a roundabout way, entertaining herself by gathering nuts, running after butterflies, and gathering bouquets of little flowers. It was not long before the wolf arrived at the old woman's house. He knocked at the door: tap, tap.

"Who's there?"

"Your grandchild, Little Red Riding Hood," replied the wolf, counterfeiting her voice; "who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter sent you by mother."

The good grandmother, who was in bed, because she was somewhat ill, cried out, "Pull the bobbin, and the latch will go up."

The wolf pulled the bobbin, and the door opened, and then he immediately fell upon the good woman and ate her up in a moment, for it been more than three days since he had eaten. He then shut the door and got into the grandmother's bed, expecting Little Red Riding Hood, who came some time afterwards and knocked at the door: tap, tap.

"Who's there?"

Little Red Riding Hood, hearing the big voice of the wolf, was at first afraid; but believing her grandmother had a cold and was hoarse, answered, "It is your grandchild Little Red Riding Hood, who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter mother sends you."

The wolf cried out to her, softening his voice as much as he could, "Pull the bobbin, and the latch will go up."

Little Red Riding Hood pulled the bobbin, and the door opened.

The wolf, seeing her come in, said to her, hiding himself under the bedclothes, "Put the cake and the little pot of butter upon the stool, and come get into bed with me."

Little Red Riding Hood took off her clothes and got into bed. She was greatly amazed to see how her grandmother looked in her nightclothes, and said to her, "Grandmother, what big arms you have!"

"All the better to hug you with, my dear."

"Grandmother, what big legs you have!"

"All the better to run with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big ears you have!"

"All the better to hear with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big eyes you have!"

"All the better to see with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!"

"All the better to eat you up with."

And, saying these words, this wicked wolf fell upon Little Red Riding Hood, and ate her all up.

I represented that in my homage to the story. I'm not twisting an old fairy tale, I'm flat out telling the old fairy tale. I'm not taking it to a dark place, I'm not making it goth or anything. She is what it was. My Lil is also (in her dead getup) NOT sexualized. Chests below like 6 distort, the fact that she's stacked is a matter of mechanics rather than intent. If people feel that's somehow titilating... I dunno what to tell you, talk to a therapist. She's a blood covered zombie with missing body parts and half a face. If you look at that and see sex, you might have a problem.

Also, she's over 18. The bio is tongue in cheek caprice rp parody (ancient noblewoman possessed by an ancient demon, etc...) but it obviously points to the fact that she's of age.

Any vibes of a carnal nature people get off of her are of their own construction. I don't rp her that way, I don't really portray her that way, and nothing about her bio indicates anything like that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, we have the Brothers Grimm to thank for the Huntsman.

Although, in some early versions she actually does escape after running for her life.
    edited October 2014
    I feel like that almost dilutes the message. Yeah, most people do know about the escape/huntsman pops up and saves her variants of the story. The original version has mostly been lost to time, which is why I thought it'd be a neat concept to explore with a character.

I might make this a thing, because the early fairy tales are DARK. There's a lot of potential there.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited October 2014
    she killed herself rather than destroy her lover, because on her wedding day she was cursed to die. In exchange for this, she was given a shot of immortality. Problem is, that shot is decided by the goodness or wickedness of man.

"A mermaid has not an immortal soul, nor can she obtain one unless she wins the love of a human being. On the power of another hangs her eternal destiny. But the daughters of the air, although they do not possess an immortal soul, can, by their good deeds, procure one for themselves. We fly to warm countries, and cool the sultry air that destroys mankind with the pestilence. We carry the perfume of the flowers to spread health and restoration. After we have striven for three hundred years to all the good in our power, we receive an immortal soul and take part in the happiness of mankind. You, poor little mermaid, have tried with your whole heart to do as we are doing; you have suffered and endured and raised yourself to the spirit-world by your good deeds; and now, by striving for three hundred years in the same way, you may obtain an immortal soul."

Every day, she goes into a bedroom and looks for a good child. When she sees one, a day is removed from her wait. When she finds a wicked one, she weeps, and each tear is a day added.

Needless to say, I'm considering doing this one too.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited October 2014
    That you guys think you will win :D

cats-soon_o_169639.jpg