test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20140423.18/.19 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 11:30am, 5/28/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140423.14

Release Notes for FC.31.20140423.19:

Preview

• Fixed some typos with the Gold Bonus vendor.

• The Speedster Goggles glass lens material is now a little more opaque, and the non-glass lens materials have a glow option.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140423.18:

Preview:

• Added a Gold Bonus Vendor to Renaissance Center. Players with Gold accounts can buy exclusive costume pieces from him. The piece offered will change each month, so be sure to get your costume before the month ends!

• The Leather Padding set has been renamed to Tactical Armor.

• Fixed various mirroring issues with Tactical Armor costume pieces.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Might I suggest moving the Gold Bonus vendor to Greer's and Harlick's? I know it's a little out of the way, but it does preserve the fiction a little better, and really, for a monthly visit, it's not that much of a hassle. And a lot of ATs use the Powerhouse, so he will be exposed to the player base.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One potential issue I see here: since only gold players have access to the PTS, we can't test a silver player trying to buy the sets.

(Also, if I could ask a quick question: should there be any expectation that these limited time pieces might be available again later? Either cycled back in, or sold in the z-store a year later, or what-have-you.)
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am wondering now where you said "exclusive" if that means they are specially made costumes each month to put in there and only there for the month only.

Also I have to wonder if it will be a set type thing or maybe like a new single costume piece (for example a single new hat) each month. I suppose we'll see.
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All of the tight options that come with the Tactical Armor set should be turned into patterns for "Tight" as they don't feature glowing or a new model. We don't need more unique pieces.
    eiledon wrote: »
    Personal Opinion: The Glass option on the Speedster Goggles is a bit too transparent, any chance of changing it to be the same as the Safety Glasses
    Seconded. The glass option almost makes it look like there's nothing at all.

Mini bug : When trying to buy the gold exclusive pieces multiple times you get the message "become a gold player to access this costume !" instead of something like "you've already unlocked this costume".

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personal Opinion: The Glass option on the Speedster Goggles is a bit too transparent, any chance of changing it to be the same as the Safety Glasses, or adding a Glass 2 option which is darker/more opaque

gogglesglasscomparison_zps5aa34f9e.jpg~original
    Note - the glass in all 3 of these is the same color. I don't think the colors in the new glasses is that apparent unless looking at an extreme angle - the same happens with the victorian set monocle.

highreality - I managed to recolor them ok using eye accessory colors ?
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I derped. Didn't realize that the glass part was a separate piece.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personal Opinion: The Glass option on the Speedster Goggles is a bit too transparent, any chance of changing it to be the same as the Safety Glasses, or adding a Glass 2 option which is darker/more opaque

gogglesglasscomparison_zps5aa34f9e.jpg~original
    Note - the glass in all 3 of these is the same color. I don't think the colors in the new glasses is that apparent unless looking at an extreme angle - the same happens with the victorian set monocle.

Thanks for your feedback! We are changing the speedster goggles to use the same glass material that we used on the safety glasses. We are also adding the glow option to the non-glass materials.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, how much are the exclusive pieces going for at the new Gold Bonus Vendor?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited May 2014
    PTS has been updated to FC.31.20140423.19.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140423.19:

Preview

• Fixed some typos with the Gold Bonus vendor.

• The Speedster Goggles glass is now a little more opaque, and the non-glass lens materials have a glow option.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Change the name of the Gold Bonus Vendor to Costume Quartermaster since his tab is already labeled as Monthly Gold Costume.

Are the costumes from the Gold Bonus vendor on a set rotation? If not can pieces remain in this vendor and just add an ever increasing Resource price to older ones as new ones get added?

Adding new things to the game that can be missed forever is awful. You can't make people sub once a month just for this special item since there isn't much added in the game to speak of to justify it.

Make it a global sink for those who haven't been in the game a while that may have missed them at a rate of 10G per new item added. If you like that option maybe consider adding a new piece every week since a month is pretty long.
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    if I remember correctly it was free on PTS so I dunno.

Yep, they don't cost anything - you just need to have an active Gold membership.
    edited May 2014
    I made a thread to specifically talk about the Gold Bonus Vendor to see what players think about it and what suggestions they can make.

Gold Bonus Vendor - Player Input

_
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Adding new things to the game that can be missed forever is awful. You can't make people sub once a month just for this special item since there isn't much added in the game to speak of to justify it.

Exclusive stuff that you can only get by paying for it and is only around for a small while is a profitable area for the kind of game PWE want to see CO be. I don't think you'll be able to tell them to do otherwise on this one as it's a proven money maker.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That's the point. You don't stop subbing. It's a retention mechanic, a way to bring people back to the game on a regular basis.

Here's a much more important question: If you go gold, pick up one of these bits and then stop your sub, do you still keep the piece?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    Here's a much more important question: If you go gold, pick up one of these bits and then stop your sub, do you still keep the piece?

It's a costume unlock, so I doubt it'll be an issue.

But then you won't be able to get next month's costume piece unless you sub again.

Also, for those who didn't read the linked thread, basically Cryptic intends to rotate in a new one every month, and that they have NO plans on releasing the ones that you might've missed for any reason in any other method other than being Gold and logging in and getting said costume piece that month.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2014
    I raised this in .14 but still there:

Bug: Tactical Armor Boots - visible seam
    What: Visible seam on heel displays 1st Color rather than 3rd Color used by rest of foot portion

tacticalboots_zpse5f5033c.jpg~original
    edited May 2014
    From the other thread.

I think you should reconsider what this is going to end up being. Keep the pieces in the vendor forever but put a price tag on them for when the new piece comes out. Make the purchases exclusive to subscribers but ALWAYS keep them in there.

If someone wants to acquire the pieces they missed months down the line, they can pay for the sub and spend the questionite for each missed piece! Making them disappear forever only adds to the mound of contempt for Cryptic.

Please talk to your superiors about this!

There isn't enough new content being regularly added to the game to warrant a sub every month. A single costume piece doesn't warrant this. It would take a WHOLE costume set every month to justify this.

Exclusives are only okay if it comes with content to play when that exclusive comes out! Doing anything short of that makes you an amoral company.
    edited May 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    Yep, they don't cost anything - you just need to have an active Gold membership.

I am veritably enthused, my dear sir.

posh-hamster-wallpaper.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    /fistpump
    So this is like Veteran Rewards, but we actually have to pick them up every month rather than them popping up automatically.
    I guess that is a reason to log in once a month.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Release Notes for FC.31.20140423.18:

Preview:
    • The Leather Padding set has been renamed to Tactical Armor.
    • Fixed various mirroring issues with Tactical Armor costume pieces.
    hmm you now call it tactical, but to me it does not look like tactical armor
    as the namesake looks more like this!
    th_20130419_boston4_53_zpsa1ae75c8.jpgth_SafetyinTacticalPoliceVest_zps29bf5568.pngth_K1_ACC_Front_zpsa41c0b5b.jpgth_msat2tango_zpsd2a3c530.jpg
    edited May 2014

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    while the gold vendor is a nice addition, I can't help but feel a little disappointed in what they are giving out, you had an opportunity the size of a beached whale to bring back pre-alert costume pieces and weapon skins you missed it, and no, i'm not going to stop banging on about these pieces until i get some kind of official response or reply on the matter that at the very least contains the why they are not doing it and why they are not giving new players access to these pieces. If nothing else I've invested enough time, money and energy in CO to get a response on the issue at hand.:frown:
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    th_20130419_boston4_53_zpsa1ae75c8.jpgth_SafetyinTacticalPoliceVest_zps29bf5568.pngth_K1_ACC_Front_zpsa41c0b5b.jpgth_msat2tango_zpsd2a3c530.jpg

Yea. The renamed set has the padded tactical set pieces that can be added on to the 4 different under armors.
    Name change is perfect.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Might I suggest moving the Gold Bonus vendor to Greer's and Harlick's? I know it's a little out of the way, but it does preserve the fiction a little better, and really, for a monthly visit, it's not that much of a hassle. And a lot of ATs use the Powerhouse, so he will be exposed to the player base.

They might as well make the NPC Sapphire and have her sing the anniversary song everyone hates. The point of having the vendor in RenCen is a place of prominence that is much more likely to be seen by everyone instead of hiding in the store. If they want to go lore friendly, SH3 Dobbs from UNTIL or UNITY or whatever can be hanging out with her co-workers, telling heroes the latest in functional attire only available to those with a top clearance level. Hey check out these new bullet proof, scratch resistant, sun blocking, combat glasses of awesomeness. Please tell me this NPC is a female instead of a guy. RenCen is already a sausage party.

If you really want to try and sucker people into this... thing, why don't you change the vendor trash putz into the sales point? Those guys are everywhere and everyone needs to dump all of the worthless crap from their inventory at some point, right? Modify the "buy" tab to default highlight the costume bits. You know how some of the stores have split windows with categories on the left and items on the right? Have this store be items on the left, picture and description on the right. Basically, when someone goes to sell their vendor trash, the first thing they see is this month's costume bit with an image.

Actually, don't have a description. It'll probably be some horrid pop culture reference or worst movie ever that I'm try to forget ever happened parody. I'd rather listen to Sapphire sing than read more of that... Which I didn't think was as bad as people say anyway.

My previous question is one of those things that needs to be asked. If someone subs for a month to get the costume piece and it DOESN'T stick when the sub is dropped, there are going to be angry people cursing Cryptic on their way out, badmouthing the game to any and everyone on the forums of their next MMO and everywhere else they hang out.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    They might as well make the NPC Sapphire and have her sing the anniversary song everyone hates. The point of having the vendor in RenCen is a place of prominence that is much more likely to be seen by everyone instead of hiding in the store. If they want to go lore friendly, SH3 Dobbs from UNTIL or UNITY or whatever can be hanging out with her co-workers, telling heroes the latest in functional attire only available to those with a top clearance level. Hey check out these new bullet proof, scratch resistant, sun blocking, combat glasses of awesomeness. Please tell me this NPC is a female instead of a guy. RenCen is already a sausage party.

If you really want to try and sucker people into this... thing, why don't you change the vendor trash putz into the sales point? Those guys are everywhere and everyone needs to dump all of the worthless crap from their inventory at some point, right? Modify the "buy" tab to default highlight the costume bits. You know how some of the stores have split windows with categories on the left and items on the right? Have this store be items on the left, picture and description on the right. Basically, when someone goes to sell their vendor trash, the first thing they see is this month's costume bit with an image.

Actually, don't have a description. It'll probably be some horrid pop culture reference or worst movie ever that I'm try to forget ever happened parody. I'd rather listen to Sapphire sing than read more of that... Which I didn't think was as bad as people say anyway.

My previous question is one of those things that needs to be asked. If someone subs for a month to get the costume piece and it DOESN'T stick when the sub is dropped, there are going to be angry people cursing Cryptic on their way out, badmouthing the game to any and everyone on the forums of their next MMO and everywhere else they hang out.

Actually its the costume quartermaster dude. They brought him back, with new costume pieces..mlike we asked them too.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not sure if it's a bug but the Alien Accessory/Mask (forgot the exact name) is under Mouth not Eye Accessories as it should be.
    edited May 2014
    there is no hard and fast rule as to wear full masks are - kabuki are under headwear, 90s is under eyewear. now the new mask is under mouths. This gives people choices when creating costumes.
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If we could get the new leg tights from Tactical Armor whitelisted for Robot Legs and Beast Legs that would be swell. Since they're rigid tights they give the appearance of normal legs and give us the flexibility of the beast legs/robot leg categories in terms of being able to combine some belts and hip wears.

Or, instead of doing that to give us more options with that workaround, just whitelist belts and hipwear to work together. The clipping issues are pretty minimal.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    there is no hard and fast rule as to wear full masks are - kabuki are under headwear, 90s is under eyewear. now the new mask is under mouths. This gives people choices when creating costumes.

Not with this mask. I'd prefer to be able to use mouth accessories with the mask rather than use the mask + eye accessories. Most of the eye accessories overshadow the alien mask which completely defeats the so called premise of "more options".
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Or, instead of doing that to give us more options with that workaround, just whitelist belts and hipwear to work together. The clipping issues are pretty minimal.

This would be perfect for the luchador hipwear.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

edited May 2014
    If we could get the new leg tights from Tactical Armor whitelisted for Robot Legs and Beast Legs that would be swell. Since they're rigid tights they give the appearance of normal legs and give us the flexibility of the beast legs/robot leg categories in terms of being able to combine some belts and hip wears.

Its too late to ask for that now. Its on live so its staying as is. It sucks but that's how Cryptic works. Push it on live as soon as possible so they don't have to make sure its working fully.

I mean, if they were going to fix things like this they would have fixed the dress in the Victorian set by now.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, uh, this is probably a little late given that it went to live today... but the speedster goggles aren't showing up as transparent for me at all.

Ditto for the safety glasses.

Edit: Totally did not notice that changing to these items popped up an extra entry on the main list for "custom eye accessory" where you can pick the transparent material. Nevermind, works perfectly.
    edited June 2014
    glow option is on the accessory part (when using material other than glass). the fact there is a glow option on the main object is neither here nor there as it's color is taken from 1st box (or 1st and 3rd in case of Goggles 2)