Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20140423.14 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 1:20pm, 5/22/2014

Release Notes for FC.31.20140423.14:

Preview:

• Leather Padding costume set has been added to the Debugger.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Leather padding you say?
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    o.O ok not a good picture of where the padding might be.
    leather padding, as in under/armour or leather padding as in 'specialty' leather wear?
    also unable to get in after the last patch, it gets stuck at the cryptic screen adn unable to connect to patch server(after patching)
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please remove this post, things didn't go as planned. My feedback and pics are on subsequent posts instead of this one.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Leather padding as in, "This totally isn't Dragonball guys!"
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bug
    Where: In the tailor
    What: Unable to select the material type for the shoulders, arm accessory, feet, belt and leg accessory, they are stuck as cloth, but if that was intentional then the inverse bug is that the chest layer, hips layer and both sets of tights can be changed in material while the rest of the set can't.

also, no gloves or head padding?:confused:
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Interesting Update...

Leather Padding Costume Set <-- All costume parts associated with this costume set can be found under PADDING in Tailor search.

I was surprised at the look of this one in some ways, here is the full look, modelled by Asura Denshai (All Padding Accessories + Grid Underlay):

Front

AsuraFront_zps9c5a1f80.png

Back

AsuraBack_zps871ead77.png

Leather Padding for Arm Accessories, Bracers, Leg Accessory, Feet and Shoulder Pads do NOT have any material customization options (Leather/Metal/Cloth)

Notes:

- There doesn't seem to be any glove parts to this set, nor a head which is a shame.
    - Feet is just plain, I'd say rectify this to allow the tight patterns to be full body (including gloves) in order to make the set uniform
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    There are four different underlays/tight patterns:

Grid (Grid Back)

AsuraGF_zpsd9e8680c.png

Padded (Padded Back)

AsuraPF_zpscdc12b84.png

Steel (Steel Back is here)

AsuraSF_zps77e5fdf4.png

Stitched (Stitched Back is here)

AsuraStF_zps4485dc6e.png

I'm liking all of them and all tight patterns have Cloth/Leather/Metal variants.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    notyuu wrote: »
    Bug
    Where: In the tailor
    What: Unable to select the material type for the shoulders, arm accessory, feet, belt and leg accessory, they are stuck as cloth...

Both on male and female toons I am able to alter BELT material, Leather/Metal/Cloth.

But everything else here I second.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Both on male and female toons I am able to alter BELT material, Leather/Metal/Cloth.

But everything else here I second.

checked it again and couldn't change the material, checked it once more to be sure and that time i could, maybe it glitched out?:confused:
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can access the alternate materials, but only for the separate sides. Still a BUG.

Is there any chance a tonfa weapon for claws could be added for this release? Maybe a couple of other training weapons too? Kendo sword, pugil stick, etc...

We could really...Really use some nonlethal weapon unlocks.

I'd also love a helm appropiate for a leather armor set.
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can access the alternate materials, but only for the separate sides. Still a BUG.

Is there any chance a tonfa weapon for claws could be added for this release? Maybe a couple of other training weapons too? Kendo sword, pugil stick, etc...

I want INVISIBLE weapon unlocks.

So I can Sword Cyclone with my fists. :v
    edited May 2014

I'll take some claws powers, but munitions has been the other power set that has basically been given the middle finger since On Alert when parts were removed from the game. We constantly get SWORDS but no new firearms since Foxbat's ping pong gun, which is a silly novelty.

Bug: The feet for the 'boots' are plain black, no detail.

Suggestion: Add some variety of texture to the padding 'plates' aside from the current pattern of just lines/ribbing.

The boot could feature a pad over the top of the foot as well, and could use a little bulking.

Add a forehead pad, sort of like one of those 'ninja' headbands.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Leather Padding Costume Set.
    Change the name, since its so much more.
    And yes, the boot part of the feet has no detail. It should have same patterns available as the tights have. Same with the gloves, for both short and long gloves.
    And masks. We need more masks.
    If keeping the Material choices on separate helps having different material on left/right, it should stay the way it is. But, the feet option should not change both pieces when the left/right option is used.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not a PTS problem.

Weird.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bug: Padded Leather Set - Boots
    What: Visible seam on heel displays First Color vs 3rd Color

To clarify above post - Pick up and throw working fine on pts. not so much on live apparently.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Leather Padding Costume Set.
    Change the name, since its so much more.

^ THIS.

By calling it Leather Padding Costume set it is selling itself short, I'm not entirely sure what it should be renamed to...but...maybe:

Padded Fighter Costume set?

Personal Armor Costume Set?

Armored Fighter Costume set? (Since the padding could be viewed as armor and has Metal material access)

Perhaps pull a renaming based on the original inspiration for this costume set?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Not sure if this is intended or not so I'll list it as a bug to be on the safe side:

BUG: Unlocking the Leather Padding Costume Set does not appear to be universally unlocked for the account.
    Where: Tailor when using a different toon
    How to replicate: Unlock Leather Padding Costume set on one toon, switch to another character and attempt to access the set via tailor. (I had to repurchase the set on a male toon to access it after unlocking it on a female.)
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Bug: None of the left and right options in the costume set have a mirror geometry entry.
  • Options
    thekinradthekinrad Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Now that the main site redirects to Arc, how do I copy characters over to test?
    This link no longer works: http://co.perfectworld.com/community/pts
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    thekinradthekinrad Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks so much! :)
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Hey all. This is the PTS forum. This is a place to discuss topics pertaining to PTS patches. This is not a place to discuss issues that are personally bothering you. This is not the suggestion box.

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.

This is posted at the beginning of every pts thread. Please adhere to it when making future posts.

I am cleaning up this thread as well as the PTS forum of all unrelated topics. Off topic threads have been moved to more appropriate sections.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes. Major game-breaking bugs "personally bother" me. So does a forum admin who opresses bug reports. Seems very personal when pvp issues get muted as fast as they are mentioned. The Hero Games queue kicking bug also affects the lesser-known Rampage kicking bug, however the Rampage bug is far less pronounced.

These bugs also exist on PTS. How are they not relevant? I can understand cleaning up this particular thread as it's about a costume piece (so important), but you didn't have to relocate the other topic I posted. Smackwell is a much better admin.